Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry basketball
(06-08-2024, 08:35 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 11:27 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 09:42 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 08:12 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 06:54 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: Watched them play summer ball today against primarily a bunch of middle schoolers and they got beat by 30+. You are joking about being dominant right?
You are joking right? No way with the talent they’ve got with the couch girls and all the other studs coming up that they’d lose that bad. I told you all, Perry is toast. Neace is graduated and Kyra is gone. Stick a fork in them. They’ll be lucky to win 10 games. Nice job Perry schools. You all really outdid yourselves on this intelligent move.
69-37 was the count I saw today with Perry on the short side. They maybe was missing their starting 5 I don’t know but honestly they would struggle against most 12th region JV teams. It was only summer ball so who knows

Most worthless stat you can pull from summer ball is the final score.
Even so, Perry did not lose a game any summer ball game by 30+ according to the coaching staff.

They aren't doing great but for a team that lost 40 points from the starting lineup I wouldn't count on them being world beaters in June.
South beat them by 14
Mad South by 12
Harlan by 8
and they beat McCreary

Again. Nothing to thump their chest about but confused at how the stat book doesn't have anything near the blowout you're referencing.
Just curious as to what the “stat” book said about the rematch yesterday? I was told they 20+ pieced Perry and owsley both. I guess that means the stat book said overtime?

(06-13-2024, 09:48 AM)da_dime Wrote: Been hearing a lot of he said she said information but does anyone know for sure where they are going to end up? Seems right now everyone has an opinion but nobody knows for sure.
I know this is a Perry thread but since Owsley has been mentioned here I’ll say a few things about them. 
If you are referring to Coach McAlarmis and her daughters they were with Knott Central in a summer game day at Leslie a couple weeks ago. I was hoping they would decide to come to Owsley. The Lady Owls are going to be pretty good again this year. Early in the summer play they were a little discombobulated trying to adjust to three new starters in the lineup. They played Knott at Leslie and lost by 1 in OT, but since then they have been picking up steam and getting better. Sophomore Macey Brown has been great this summer. Grown another inch and is now 6’3 and has stepped her game up another notch. And Addie Terry as a junior is the team’s oldest and most experienced player and has played very well. Owsley is young but by the time the season begins they should be a big factor in the region.
Knott beat them 1 in OT with McAlarmis scoring 25. If she had been on the Owsley team that day they would have beaten Knott by 40. I think the best decision for them would have been to enroll at Owsley, and who knows….they may still end up there anyway.
I know this was started as a Perry thread but since it’s a lot of talk about certain kids switching teams I figured I’d throw something in there. Word around about hindman is that several parents and some players ain’t exactly thrilled with the recent roster additions to the lady pats basketball team. Some seems to think they’re a better team originally before they got some new blood in. Heard it straight from some pretty highly thought of people when I was in the double quick the other day. They sure didn’t seem to be to happy.  I guess time will tell.
(06-16-2024, 08:48 AM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: I know this was started as a Perry thread but since it’s a lot of talk about certain kids switching teams I figured I’d throw something in there. Word around about hindman is that several parents and some players ain’t exactly thrilled with the recent roster additions to the lady pats basketball team. Some seems to think they’re a better team originally before they got some new blood in. Heard it straight from some pretty highly thought of people when I was in the double quick the other day. They sure didn’t seem to be to happy.  I guess time will tell.
Lol coming from someone who knows a few people in Hindman… the addition of the big from Letcher and sister duo from Perry… this will be the best team Knott has had since Honeycutt’s prime.
Gunslinger 33 - Another New Member
Guess someone’s feeling better.
(06-17-2024, 06:02 PM)Cerberus Wrote:
(06-16-2024, 08:48 AM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: I know this was started as a Perry thread but since it’s a lot of talk about certain kids switching teams I figured I’d throw something in there. Word around about hindman is that several parents and some players ain’t exactly thrilled with the recent roster additions to the lady pats basketball team. Some seems to think they’re a better team originally before they got some new blood in. Heard it straight from some pretty highly thought of people when I was in the double quick the other day. They sure didn’t seem to be to happy.  I guess time will tell.
Lol coming from someone who knows a few people in Hindman… the addition of the big from Letcher and sister duo from Perry… this will be the best team Knott has had since Honeycutt’s prime.
I didn’t say that it wasnt. Just telling what I’d heard.
(06-17-2024, 06:32 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Gunslinger 33 -  Another New Member
Guess someone’s feeling better.
New members happy daily on here. Just like transfers. Just stating what I heard. There’s a big election coming for the school board that could make a lot of people feel better and a lot feel worse. Depends on which side you’re on dukeboy. Clearly it struck a nerve though.
I’m glad you keep up with the politics. Just like you do here in Perry right? Go rest up big fella.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • Gunslinger33
(06-17-2024, 09:50 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I’m glad you keep up with the politics.  Just like you do here in Perry right?  Go rest up big fella.
I hope I’m wrong but I’m afraid that people are going to find out that politics here in knott county are a whole lot worse than they are in Perry. They’ve got no connections over here to fall back on like they do in Perry county. May want to think long and hard about that big guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gunslinger33's post:
  • Bulldogs4Ever
Thanks for looking out for me Bro. Sent you a PM.