Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central 2024
(06-14-2024, 11:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 03:02 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Is Corbin a mountain team?  I imagine a loss to Corbin isnt a big deal. They have had JCs number last couple years. I would think the loss to the smaller local schools really hurt. Pikeville game might be interesting.

Yes I could see where it could possibly be a tad bit interesting lol, especially seeing how Pikeville beat JC last year.
Should be interesting with Pikeville the heavy favorite. What makes it interesting I would think JC has to hold this game as a big time game to get some respect back. Also the head to head match up of Anthony at linebacker and Mccourt at running back. Anthony had kids leaving the game last year.
(06-14-2024, 11:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 03:02 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Is Corbin a mountain team?  I imagine a loss to Corbin isnt a big deal. They have had JCs number last couple years. I would think the loss to the smaller local schools really hurt. Pikeville game might be interesting.
Hoot Gibson called from his new custom-made $1,800 Steelcase Leap office chair. He said a definite NO! Said Johnson Central has way too many students for Pikeville to even think about competing with the Eagles.

(06-14-2024, 11:43 PM)Upnorth Wrote:

Yes I could see where it could possibly be a tad bit interesting lol, especially seeing how Pikeville beat JC last year.
Should be interesting with Pikeville the heavy favorite. What makes it interesting I would think JC has to hold this game as a big time game to get some respect back. Also the head to head match up of Anthony at linebacker and Mccourt at running back. Anthony had kids leaving the game last year.
Whoa now calm down. Little 1A Pikeville never heavy favorite over a top 4A team. Will be another epic matchup again between two great programs. Will be shocked if it doesn't go down to the wire.
(06-15-2024, 12:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Whoa now calm down. Little 1A Pikeville never heavy favorite over a top 4A team. Will be another epic matchup again between two great programs. Will be shocked if it doesn't go down to the wire.

Lost to North Laurel two years ago and got drubbed by Belfry last year. JC is long past being a “top 4A team”.
(06-15-2024, 02:07 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Lost to North Laurel two years ago and got drubbed by Belfry last year. JC is long past being a “top 4A team”.

LOL looks like you don't follow football much.
They finished the season ranked 8th in 4a according to max preps. But it was a big gap between them and Cov Cath and Corbin.
(06-15-2024, 04:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 11:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Yes I could see where it could possibly be a tad bit interesting lol, especially seeing how Pikeville beat JC last year.

I know you want them to be “top of 4A” to make it lokk better where Pikeville was in such a close game with them last year. We get it. Lol
(06-15-2024, 10:24 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 11:43 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Should be interesting with Pikeville the heavy favorite. What makes it interesting I would think JC has to hold this game as a big time game to get some respect back. Also the head to head match up of Anthony at linebacker and Mccourt at running back. Anthony had kids leaving the game last year.

I know you want them to be “top of 4A” to make it lokk better where Pikeville was in such a close game with them last year. We get it. Lol
I don't think you get it. JC was decimated with injuries and still beat an undefeated Ashland team and several others. Won 19 games the last 2 years being "down" and injury riddled. No 1A team is "heavily favored" over them, duh
JC finished 8th in 4A in 2023 and 4th in 2022 per calpreps in "down" years. They are a top 4A team and program to anyone who follows football in this state.
(06-15-2024, 01:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-15-2024, 10:24 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(06-15-2024, 12:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Whoa now calm down. Little 1A Pikeville never heavy favorite over a top 4A team. Will be another epic matchup again between two great programs. Will be shocked if it doesn't go down to the wire.

I don't think you get it. JC was decimated with injuries and still beat an undefeated Ashland team and several others. Won 19 games the last 2 years being "down" and injury riddled. No 1A team is "heavily favored" over them, duh
JC had two injuries against Ashland. Mccourt was out but he had been out all season.  Had a defensive lineman out but the kid that replaced him turned out to be their best defensive payer. They were healthy Playing Ashland. Ashland played zero offense and just tried out gun them and came up short. They were about like watching a Hal Mumme team.
JC hasn’t been top 5 in 4A the last two years. That knocks them out of the top of 4A in my eyes. They’ve been slightly declining each year the last couple years. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Ashland knock them off this year.
I'm with my buddy, Jet, on this one. Discount the Johnson Central Eagles at your own peril. They have been down a bit the last couple years, and have had key people injured, but I've still been impressed with their resolve. They had Corbin down in the second quarter. Took Corbin til the second half to wear them down. They might not ever get back to the level they were at with Matney but they will be tough. You can bank on it. Pikeville and Corbin both will have their hands full with the Eagles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot, Old School 18
2022:
1. Boyle
2. Corbin
3. Lex Cath
4. Central
5. Franklin Co
6. JC

2023:
1. Boyle
2. Corbin
3. Cov Cath
4. Paducah Tilghman
5. Franklin Co
6. JC/Bardstown?
This will put OHS on tilt lol

Definitely not the same without Coach Matney. Hardest working coach around. Coach working that hard carries over to his team.
[-] The following 3 users Like Upnorth's post:
  • Bull got out!, Diogenes, Waitaminute