Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Scott County
Coach Tim Glenn is stepping down.
(06-13-2024, 03:47 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Coach Tim Glenn is stepping down.
Was forced!
(06-13-2024, 05:21 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 03:47 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Coach Tim Glenn is stepping down.
Was forced!

That is what I am hearing. The ole saying "Always be the guy that follows the guy who follows a legend"!
I would not be surprised to see Scott Co. girls coach an AD Steve Helton to be given a shot. He has had a lot of success with the girl's program and he has a son on the team who will be a sophomore who is a pretty good young player.
(06-13-2024, 09:24 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would not be surprised to see Scott Co. girls coach an AD Steve Helton to be given a shot. He has had a lot of success with the girl's program and he has a son on the team who will be a sophomore who is a pretty good young player.
Helton probably the front runner unless the other long time assistant applies cant remember his name, would be hard to turn him down. Helton was hired to be Great Crossing first boys Coach, until they wouldn't hire his wife to be his assistant if memory serves me right. She has been his assistant every since he became girls Coach.
Look for Helton to take over and his wife to be the girls coach at SC.
(06-14-2024, 01:07 AM)TribeTime Wrote: Look for Helton to take over and his wife to be the girls coach at SC.
Doesn't matter who the Coach is next couple of years just don't have many Jimmy and Joe's that play basketball anymore, most of the talent stopped playing basketball to concentrate on football and baseball. Same with Great Crossing basketball after this year they will almost drop of the map they will graduate 4-5 Super Seniors plus the Moreno kid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I’d go after Ryan Perry
(06-14-2024, 12:29 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: I’d go after Ryan Perry
Who is Ryan Perry?
(06-14-2024, 04:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 12:29 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: I’d go after Ryan Perry
Who is Ryan Perry?

He coaches Lyon County. He may be wanting to get closer to Lexington.
(06-13-2024, 11:38 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 09:24 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I would not be surprised to see Scott Co. girls coach an AD Steve Helton to be given a shot. He has had a lot of success with the girl's program and he has a son on the team who will be a sophomore who is a pretty good young player.
Helton probably the front runner unless the other long time assistant applies cant remember his name, would be hard to turn him down. Helton was hired to be Great Crossing first boys Coach, until they wouldn't hire his wife to be his assistant if memory serves me right. She has been his assistant every since he became girls Coach.
Helton got the job!
(06-24-2024, 12:30 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 11:38 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Helton got the job!

Yes he is and a little surprised that his wife Tara is coming with him and will be an assistant for the boy's team with her husband.
Just heard that Chris Willhite is returning to be an assistant coach again for the Cards he was part of 11 regional titles with Coach Billy Hicks 2 as a player and 9 as an assistant coach.
(06-29-2024, 10:07 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Just heard that Chris Willhite is returning to be an assistant coach again for the Cards he was part of 11 regional titles with Coach Billy Hicks 2 as a player and 9 as an assistant coach.
Not sure where you heard this-Wilhite is not returning as a Coach unless changed his mind since yesterday-I seen the post he wrote Saturday where he is stepping down, ....and he never played for Hicks. He graduated in '92 or '93 played for Billy Reynolds, Hicks didn't come until a few years later.
(07-01-2024, 01:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 10:07 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Just heard that Chris Willhite is returning to be an assistant coach again for the Cards he was part of 11 regional titles with Coach Billy Hicks 2 as a player and 9 as an assistant coach.
Not sure where you heard this-Wilhite is not returning as a Coach unless changed his mind since yesterday-I seen the post he wrote Saturday where he is stepping down, ....and he never played for Hicks. He graduated in '92 or '93 played for Billy Reynolds, Hicks didn't come until a few years later.

Sorry I did not mean that he played for Hicks but that he won 2 titles as a player. Also, it says it will not be returning as a coach I am getting old and eyesight I guess is going as well. Thanks for the catch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(07-01-2024, 04:05 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 01:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Sorry I did not mean that he played for Hicks but that he won 2 titles as a player. Also, it says it will not be returning as a coach I am getting old and eyesight I guess is going as well. Thanks for the catch.
He Definitely should have gotten the head coaching job should have been a no brainer in my opinion. Chris was also a heck of a QB in high school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • 16BBall Fan