Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
15th Region Summer Ball
(06-05-2024, 10:10 AM)devils88 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 10:06 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 12:20 AM)Bobjames01 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 12:01 AM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 01:13 PM)S-STAT- Wrote: Paintsville basketball is currently playing at Transylvania team camp. They moved onto the quarterfinal round of the camp tournament, play around 1 today for a chance at the semi finals.
Any updates on this?
I heard they lost to a school called Elder out of Ohio. A top 9th region team in Ryle won it all down there. Paintsville played them first game down there and lost to them by 2. Paintsville may be a sleeper team you could see playing at rupp coming march.

If it is Elder out of Cincinnati I would say a good majority of schools across the state would have trouble with them. Paintsville definitely could be a sleeper and will definitely make some noise next year as they return a lot of talent, only downfall for them is having to play in a district with Martin, JC and Magoffin as far as the post season is.
Super region in the 15th makes it’s easier for the teams in the 57th to make it to the expo. Year in and year out it has 3 of the top 8 teams in the region. 
I expect Paintsville, Martin county and Johnson Central to all 3 have a good shot at making the Semis of the region tournament.
I agree! Very solid point
Floyd central beats johnson central by 4 at Transylvania camp. Jaguars looked very solid defensively and knocks off one of the 15th region favorites. could the jaguars be a sleeper team?
Is Keathley not playing for Prestonsburg? If so, that is a big hit to the program. He seems like a good kid with a strong work ethic, if only his father would stay out of the way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • Ice61706
(06-07-2024, 11:55 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: Is Keathley not playing for Prestonsburg? If so, that is a big hit to the program. He seems like a good kid with a strong work ethic, if only his father would stay out of the way!
Keathley played for Prestonsburg Tuesday at UPike.
How is Martin Co. looking?
I know Betsy Layne is solid, I’ll take our team over any, in Parsons and Pente I trust, if our post play is solid we will win 58th. Pike Central and Belfry both struggled the few time I seen them. I caught Martin County and Pikeville on DandD, I think there in Lexington or Transylvania or something, Martin County played well but they got two many me guys and not enough we guys. Pikeville looked like they have potential but Justice will hàve to coach them up, the Sykes kid looked good from what I could tell.
(06-08-2024, 01:20 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I know Betsy Layne is solid, I’ll take our team over any, in Parsons and Pente I trust, if our post play is solid we will win 58th. Pike Central and Belfry both struggled the few time I seen them. I caught Martin County and Pikeville on DandD, I think there in Lexington or Transylvania or something, Martin County played well but they got two many me guys and not enough we guys. Pikeville looked like they have potential but Justice will hàve to coach them up, the Sykes kid looked good from what I could tell.
LC will be right there just like they always are. Chandler is far and away the best coach in the 58th. Got plenty of shooters this year and will press and run.
A major shake up is happening this week in the 58th Breaking by Friday 14th
(06-08-2024, 11:35 AM)Sports72 Wrote: A major shake up is happening this week in the 58th Breaking by Friday 14th
Someone moving back to the 58th?
Don’t know what the above poster is talking about but think there may be a shot of us or Prestonsburg getting a really good player, which ever gets him could be the favorite in the 58th District
Floyd Central beat Ashland down at Transylvania Camp today. I wouldn’t sleep on these boys. They also beat Johnson Central on the first day. They’re legit.
That’s good always like to see Floyd County represented well, Allan Joe will do a great job with them
(06-08-2024, 07:33 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Don’t know what the above poster is talking about but think  there may be a shot of us or Prestonsburg getting a really good player, which ever gets him could be the favorite in the 58th District
I do know Prestonsburg lost Ethan Ferrell this week. I’d be surprised if anyone actually transfers into this mess. I expect a couple others to leave as well.
(06-08-2024, 07:33 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Don’t know what the above poster is talking about but think  there may be a shot of us or Prestonsburg getting a really good player, which ever gets him could be the favorite in the 58th District
If it’s the player I’m thinking.he is leaving where he’s at due to not starting.
(06-08-2024, 09:35 PM)devils88 Wrote:
If it’s the player I’m thinking.he is leaving where he’s at due to not starting.
Whoever it is must not be too much of an impact player if they couldn’t start where they was at.
(06-08-2024, 09:40 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 09:35 PM)devils88 Wrote:
Whoever it is must not be too much of an impact player if they couldn’t start where they was at.
Lucky for them if they’re looking at Prestonsburg there’s likely going to be 4 vacant starting spots.
Why is everyone so hesitant to actually say names of these players? Sounds like most have no idea what is going on but like to pretend they are some 15th Region insider.
Kid starts from the 14th Region, heard his father got a new job in Floyd County but not sure what school he will be attending, not my place to say.
(06-08-2024, 10:51 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Why is everyone so hesitant to actually say names of these players? Sounds like most have no idea what is going on but like to pretend they are some 15th Region insider.
My guess was just based on watching D&D sports and Estridge the transfer from Pburg didn’t start. Seems like nowadays if you don’t somewhere you transfer.
I have no knowledge and haven’t spoken to anyone. He might be fine with Being on a winning team and being the 6th man. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it just figured after being talked about so much on social media and said to be a top 10 player in his class not starting wouldn’t be acceptable. So I guess my question is being a winning team enough?
Not sure about him but we’d definitely take that kid to, he played with us a few games fit in perfect, really good player. The kid coming from the 14th is a post player, had a great middle school career, heard his Dad starting a new job in Floyd County, think they are originally from here but left when kid was in 3rd grade. He is supposed to go to Prestonsburg but also heard he’s kin to an admin at Betsy Layne. Anyone heard how Sykes is looking at Pikeville?
My bad 13th Region is where he’s coming from
Amazing how everybody here seems to think they're D & D with these breaking hot, anonymous, low-information reports. Dream big, boys. Dream big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diogenes's post:
  • P. Fanning
(06-08-2024, 11:35 AM)Sports72 Wrote: A major shake up is happening this week in the 58th Breaking by Friday 14th

Just like the post you made about a supposed "legend" coming back to the 15th. That came and went with nothing so I'll consider this post much like that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
Seen Johnson Central make a post they hired a Cole man, does anyone know if that’s the Cole boy from Paintsville’s family?
(06-09-2024, 11:12 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Seen Johnson Central make a post they hired a Cole man, does anyone know if that’s the Cole boy from Paintsville’s family?
Yes that is Ethan’s father.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCDAWGS1's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
(06-09-2024, 11:25 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote:
(06-09-2024, 11:12 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Seen Johnson Central make a post they hired a Cole man, does anyone know if that’s the Cole boy from Paintsville’s family?
Yes that is Ethan’s father.
I don’t see anyone in the 15th being able to beat JC the next 3 years if Ethan moves to JC.
It will be hard
Ethan Cole will be staying at Paintsville.
Betsy Layne lost by 8 to union virginia. The same team that Pburg beat earlier. Doesn’t bode well for the Bobcats