Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
15th Region Summer Ball
A thread for updates on summer action.

Saw Valley and Pike Central play last night.
Very impressed with Valley. Already looks to be further along than they were last year. Lead most of the first half. It's just summer ball but it got to the point that PC held the ball for 3 minutes to make sure they secured the win. Valley also without 2 starters. 
Stewart was Stewart for pike central. Slone finally looked the most comfortable he's been since becoming a Hawk.
Lawrence County has a lot of teams coming there to play this summer. Martin County, JC, Paintsville, Belfry, and Phelps all from the 15th will be there. Boyd, Russell, Rowan, East Carter, and Lewis County from the 16th and several WV schools will all be there. Should get a good look at a bunch of teams.
You're right, it's just summer ball.

Having said that, Shelby Valley should hands down be the most improved team in the 15th Region as Matt Taylor will have them trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if they contend for the District title in '25.
(05-31-2024, 08:54 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: You're right, it's just summer ball.

Having said that, Shelby Valley should hands down be the most improved team in the 15th Region as Matt Taylor will have them trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if they contend for the District title in '25.
Who does Shelby Valley Rely on to score? Sykes left, Phillips Gone to graduation. Relying on Eli Stewart? The kid can get shoot but that’s all he wants to do. I have a hard time seeing this team being successful but Under the Helm of Coach Taylor Anything can happen
(06-01-2024, 03:03 PM)Bobjames01 Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 08:54 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: You're right, it's just summer ball.

Who does Shelby Valley Rely on to score? Sykes left, Phillips Gone to graduation. Relying on Eli Stewart? The kid can get shoot but that’s all he wants to do. I have a hard time seeing this team being successful but Under the Helm of Coach Taylor Anything can happen
I think Hamilton transferring back there will help them. He was LC's 3rd leading scorer last year. Johnson, Bartley & Justice can play. They are young, but I think they can hang pretty well in the 15th. They will surprise a few people. Taylor was a great hire for them. He's a coach that believes in conditioning, so they will run.
Agree 100 percent. Think the Wildcats will surprise some this season. Matt Taylor will make them the hardest playing team and that is worth a lot.
Hearing the Johnson kid looked very good against Pike Central
(06-02-2024, 02:06 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Hearing the Johnson kid looked very good against Pike Central
Shelby Valley has several young kids who have a lot of talent and with Coach Taylor getting the most out of his players. Valley will be competing for districts and region soon if not this year.
Was told East Ridge beat Prestonburg today at UPIKE. Apparently Keathley isn’t playing. Can’t be a good sign for them.
(06-03-2024, 07:37 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: Was told East Ridge beat Prestonburg today at UPIKE. Apparently Keathley isn’t playing. Can’t be a good sign for them.
I'm not sure what is crazier, him leaving or them losing. Where is he going? I heard him and his dad was on a radio program today.
I wouldn’t let him not playing Summer ball with a team lead into too much. He may be at some camp or an AAU event or who knows.
I think Belfry will have to be the most improved team this coming year. I’d say they’ll get a few kids out that haven’t played the last year or so plus I’m not sure they could be any worse than last year, only one way to go. Plus new coach who is probably fired up to get his shot. I’ll take Belfry to more than double their total of wins next year verses 15th region opponent’s.
(06-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I wouldn’t let him not playing Summer ball with a team lead into too much. He may be at some camp or an AAU event or who knows.
I think Belfry will have to be the most improved team this coming year. I’d say they’ll get a few kids out that haven’t played the last year or so plus I’m not sure they could be any worse than last year, only one way to go. Plus new coach who is probably fired up to get his shot. I’ll take Belfry to more than double their total of wins next year verses 15th region opponent’s.
Gotta get the Varneys back out

Where is Betsy Layne's FC superstar at? Didn't they play 2 games today that were really bad?

Got to watch some of BL. Guess ol Coach Mike was more worried about texting his recruits then getting beat by 30!
(06-04-2024, 03:28 AM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote: Got to watch some of BL. Guess ol Coach Mike was more worried about texting his recruits then getting beat by 30!
Who’d Betsy Layne play?
(06-04-2024, 05:43 AM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 03:28 AM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote: Got to watch some of BL. Guess ol Coach Mike was more worried about texting his recruits then getting beat by 30!
Who’d Betsy Layne play?
Knott and Harlan I believe.
Harlan is tough again this year. Maddox is special. BL didn’t look real good in the games today. Heard Valley gave PRP all they wanted today beat Powell. Pikeville looked rough on the broadcast I watched but it’s summer ball. Who knows if they even had all their players. Saw the Sykes kid was there now and Keene. Logan didn’t look very talented.
Knott lost to Harlan, BL lost to Knott.
Saw Pikeville won both games. I believe they will struggle until they get roles figured out. They looked out of shape yesterday.
Paintsville basketball is currently playing at Transylvania team camp. They moved onto the quarterfinal round of the camp tournament, play around 1 today for a chance at the semi finals.
James Sammons from FC looks different this year. Fc will surprise a lot of people with the DACE squad back in business
Martin County looked solid at LC today
(06-04-2024, 01:13 PM)S-STAT- Wrote: Paintsville basketball is currently playing at Transylvania team camp. They moved onto the quarterfinal round of the camp tournament, play around 1 today for a chance at the semi finals.
Any updates on this?
(06-05-2024, 12:01 AM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 01:13 PM)S-STAT- Wrote: Paintsville basketball is currently playing at Transylvania team camp. They moved onto the quarterfinal round of the camp tournament, play around 1 today for a chance at the semi finals.
Any updates on this?
I heard they lost to a school called Elder out of Ohio. A top 9th region team in Ryle won it all down there. Paintsville played them first game down there and lost to them by 2. Paintsville may be a sleeper team you could see playing at rupp coming march.
(06-05-2024, 12:20 AM)Bobjames01 Wrote:
Any updates on this?
I heard they lost to a school called Elder out of Ohio. A top 9th region team in Ryle won it all down there. Paintsville played them first game down there and lost to them by 2. Paintsville may be a sleeper team you could see playing at rupp coming march.

If it is Elder out of Cincinnati I would say a good majority of schools across the state would have trouble with them. Paintsville definitely could be a sleeper and will definitely make some noise next year as they return a lot of talent, only downfall for them is having to play in a district with Martin, JC and Magoffin as far as the post season is.
(06-05-2024, 10:06 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
Any updates on this?

If it is Elder out of Cincinnati I would say a good majority of schools across the state would have trouble with them. Paintsville definitely could be a sleeper and will definitely make some noise next year as they return a lot of talent, only downfall for them is having to play in a district with Martin, JC and Magoffin as far as the post season is.
Super region in the 15th makes it’s easier for the teams in the 57th to make it to the expo. Year in and year out it has 3 of the top 8 teams in the region. 
I expect Paintsville, Martin county and Johnson Central to all 3 have a good shot at making the Semis of the region tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes devils88's post:
  • wowowowow10
(06-05-2024, 10:10 AM)devils88 Wrote:
Any updates on this?

Super region in the 15th makes it’s easier for the teams in the 57th to make it to the expo. Year in and year out it has 3 of the top 8 teams in the region. 
I expect Paintsville, Martin county and Johnson Central to all 3 have a good shot at making the Semis of the region tournament.

Is super region back next year? I thought 2024 was just an experimental thing, I sure hope its back
(06-05-2024, 10:12 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 10:10 AM)devils88 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 12:01 AM)ImNotD.Newsome Wrote: Any updates on this?

Is super region back next year? I thought 2024 was just an experimental thing, I sure hope its back

As far as I know it will be back, with a lot of new adjustments & improvements from how it went the first time around. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
(06-04-2024, 10:21 PM)Cardinalfootballguy Wrote: Martin County looked solid at LC today

Who did they play?
(06-05-2024, 03:01 PM)Wildcat45 Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 10:21 PM)Cardinalfootballguy Wrote: Martin County looked solid at LC today

Who did they play?
St. Joe and East Carter. Them and LC both played those teams
(06-05-2024, 03:30 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote:

Who did they play?
I know Lawrence won easily against St.Joe how’d they against East Carter?
(06-05-2024, 05:59 PM)devils88 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 03:30 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote:

Who did they play?
I know Lawrence won easily against St.Joe how’d they against East Carter?
20+