Knott

Letcher
Powell

Hazard
Wolfe

Be a good tournament. 

IMO

Estill advances
Breathitt/Knott is a toss up. (Whoever wins this game advances to Championship)
Letcher upsets Powell with the Lefty throwing. Powells bats have went cold. 
Wolfe beats Hazard. Hazards pitcher to similar to what they have been seeing. 

Wolfe beats Letcher. Plays winner of the Breathitt/Knott.
Anyone have times for the games? Thought I heard first game at 10am maybe.
[attachment=784 Wrote:TwinTowers pid='2454841' dateline='1716495133']Anyone have times for the games? Thought I heard first game at 10am maybe.

Thumbnail(s)

I think Estill makes it to the championship game. They’ve had both Breathitt and Knott down until late and ended up collapsing. They are starting to catch fire and if they can put together complete games then they very well can be playing for a region title but if they play and collapse like they have before then they may not even make it out of the first round.

Hopefully it’s an injury free tournament and may the best team win.
So who “won” the draw? Interested to see everyone’s opinion on that. Oddly, I’m gonna go with Leslie. I think they have a winnable game against Estill, and then a winnable game against Knott (presumed already pitched Napier)/Breathitt (no Bellamy)

Not saying I’m picking them, but they’re catching stride at the right time and the path is there for them to possibly make it to the championship game.
The big question is, will Lucas Miller assign Eddie Browning to the Wolfe/Hazard game. Hey why not? Little Eddie has already dimenished the 14th region tourney before it ever started. Everyone come out and buy a ticket to watch little Eddie
(05-23-2024, 08:42 PM)Night Train Wrote: The big question is, will Lucas Miller assign Eddie Browning to the Wolfe/Hazard game. Hey why not? Little Eddie has already dimenished the 14th region tourney before it ever started. Everyone come out and buy a ticket to watch little Eddie

Im sure most of everyone would agree, NO one that lives in a county should be reffing/umpiring a game that said county is participating in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Strikeout King's post:
  • BlackHawk, Night Train
I like the Draw for Breathitt County. This time of year no easy games but man that bottom half is loaded. could we see another Breathitt Wolfe match up. My prediction

Estill 11-8
Breathitt 6-4
LCC 4-2 (if Williams is on the mound)
Wolfe 7-5
IMO, they nees to go back to the region being 3 consecutive days. The best team wins.

Estill
KCC
Powell
Hazard

Estill
Hazard (extra innings)

Hazard
Knott coming out of the top bracket then be interesting to see letcher & hazard in semis since dean quit on them after the season started but I think it’s letcher & Wolfe on Wednesday then the winner to face Knott Friday.

Williams for Letcher has given 1 earned run in his last 4 starts with back to back complete game shut outs his last 2, hard to argue that he’s not the #1 pitcher in region right now but I know they’re several incredible arms in the 14th.
(05-23-2024, 08:42 PM)Night Train Wrote: The big question is, will Lucas Miller assign Eddie Browning to the Wolfe/Hazard game. Hey why not? Little Eddie has already dimenished the 14th region tourney before it ever started. Everyone come out and buy a ticket to watch little Eddie

I'm not sure about Eddie, but you can bet he will have his boy JJ on that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes catsrule's post:
  • Night Train
(05-24-2024, 10:24 AM)catsrule Wrote:

I'm not sure about Eddie, but you can bet he will have his boy JJ on that one.
Estill
Breathitt
LCC (Only with Williams pitching)
Wolfe

Estill
Wolfe

Wolfe

With Wilson and Bellamy both being out it’s tough on both of those teams but with Bellamy being Breathitts top arm it’s a little tougher on them. They’ll be forced to throw either Howard or Combs against Knott in order to win that game and I don’t think they’ll have enough arms to get through Estill as well.
Wolfes played half the season without Wilson what’s two more games. But with Wilson back for that championship game i’m taking the Wolves to win it this year.
Semis
Leslie vs Breathitt
Powell vs Wolfe

Finals
Wolfe vs Breathitt

Champs
Breathitt
[-] The following 2 users Like Radial_Armsaw's post:
  • Night Train, Tailback44
It’ll be interesting that’s for sure. Just depends on how these teams are playing at the moment. Breathitt produced some runs in the district title game without bellamy late. If they do that then they make a good run. But it’s gonna be hard for them. Lose a bat and now defensive hole to fill. Knott will have to throw Napier against them just because those guys can absolutely hit the baseball. Breathitt will have to field the baseball and make outs because they won’t have that over powering arm the first 2 games but they’ve played about all season without Bellamy on the hill.
Estill I think beats Leslie. Estill is playing good baseball right now. Leslie isn’t looking bad either but I think Estill has a better D and Leslie boots balls a little more than what estill does.
Wolfe beats Hazard but this one will be close. Depending on who Wolfe puts on the mound. They have a very good pitching staff. Hazard will have to throw Napier to give them a shot I think.
Letcher has to throw Williams to get by first round and I think they will, Williams is solid on the mound and I think they have a very good shot if they can produce 4 runs. Williams will hold teams under 3 I think. They’ll all be tough games I think.
Will anyone be streaming ALL the games?
Hometown 24 is doing the Semi's and Final
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKisN1's post:
  • Bluecat
Here are my predictions:

Leslie over Estill
Knott over Breathitt
Powell over Letcher
Wolfe over Hazard

Knott over Leslie
Powell over Wolfe

Powell over Knott
(05-26-2024, 10:38 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Here are my predictions:

Leslie over Estill
Knott over Breathitt
Powell over Letcher
Wolfe over Hazard

Knott over Leslie
Powell over Wolfe

Powell over Knott
I think that’s a good prediction. It’s Powells to loose on paper and Knott being at home will help
Estill
Knott

Powell
Hazard

Estill
Hazard

Championship would be toss up. Both Estill and Hazard have wins over each other.

Hopefully it’s a good fun regional tournament
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • DukeBoy
What’s the plan if rained out Monday?

I don’t think this is anyone’s to lose, the favorites going in to district all lost or 3 of the picks atleast lost. There’s no easy games first round & hard to say someone is a clear cut favorite when they lost their last game. I won’t be surprised by whomever wins it but they’re going to face 3 tough games. If you want to overlook letcher & Leslie and not give them their respect, then they’ll send you home. I keep seeing everyone else “to win” but yet these 2 are left out, probably not the year to say that. Knott being at home helps but this is anyone’s tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinTowers's post:
  • Bluecat
I’m telling you may have better luck flipping quarter on games especially first round. It is as wide open as I have seen it. Depends who comes out to play. In one game anyone can knock off anyone. Hazard is only favorite to win district and very well could have lost . Each team has there strengths and weaknesses. Who take advantage of strengths and exploit weaknesses. Should be fun watch. A lot teams playing good baseball right now!!!! Wolfe and Powell and Estill have pitching and ever team has pretty solid #1 pitchers. Breathitt and Knott and Lesile seem have good offense. Hazard has very well rounded team and two pretty good pitchers. I s say Letcher may have best pitcher in first round with Bellamy out first round. Only one man knows who going win this one.
(05-26-2024, 05:09 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: What’s the plan if rained out Monday?

I don’t think this is anyone’s to lose, the favorites going in to district all lost or 3 of the picks atleast lost. There’s no easy games first round & hard to say someone is a clear cut favorite when they lost their last game. I won’t be surprised by whomever wins it but they’re going to face 3 tough games. If you want to overlook letcher & Leslie and not give them their respect, then they’ll send you home. I keep seeing everyone else “to win” but yet these 2 are left out, probably not the year to say that. Knott being at home helps but this is anyone’s tournament.

Estill/Leslie is at Noon and is being played at Alice Lloyd College. All other games are at Knott County Central
(05-26-2024, 05:09 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: What’s the plan if rained out Monday?

In a one game scenario I agree with you on Leslie and Letcher. I actually picked Leslie to win the first round. But they just don’t have the 1/2 punch on the pitching staff to win it all. Both are definitely playing good baseball right now. I wouldn’t be shocked if Leslie stumbled into the region title game. I also wouldn’t be shocked if Letcher won the first round, but with Williams out for the semis I think they would have a very tough time with Wolfe. 

both teams peaking at the right time right now though.
Hazard currently leads Powell 4-2 in the 3rd. Hazard batting. Coach Spencer with a mound meeting
5-2 Bulldogs
5tg we go.

Hazard 5 Powell 2
Hazard has opened the flood gates. Lead 8-2 with 1 out and runner on 2nd in the 5th.
Powell coming back 8-5 and have bases loaded
Hazard gets out of the jam