•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
(05-13-2024, 02:21 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 01:23 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:40 AM)fansville Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:15 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: Well looks as if Corbins first winning field goal attempt to hire a good  coach comes up short and a little to the right as Coach Haddix says "thanks but no thanks as long as Jewel and Cox are still there". As I stated earlier, this was the Hurley offer.. The 2nd attempt will be made this week but if this goes wide right look for the "ol'buddy" system to prevail and they will make a "Pope" hire...

Let’s be real, Haddix was never coming back to Corbin even if you fired everyone in Corbin admin. Anyone without blinders on laughed at the suggestion that he was returning given the many reasons he has to never even consider that job. Then add in that great, championship level coaches don’t jump ship from their team 12 weeks before the start of the season and there was zero chance of a Haddix return to Corbin.

I’m guessing the replacement for Greer was determined long ago and the timing of this retirement was intentional. Making an offer to a guy you know would say no makes it appear like you are trying and with that you appease the masses. I think there is a strong chance that Corbin will either be getting an interim head coach from someone on staff presently or going back a former Corbin head coach or maybe a former teammate of the same guys who always pull the strings of Corbin football. The interim route with a real coaching search after the season seems like the best course but not sure if that will happen or is even desired by those in power.

Either way, time is ticking, 88 days until kickoff of the first scrimmage
You may be correct and it may not have been possible, but they made him say "NO" with a great offer.  I am like you and never thought so myself but he did listen and ask questions... Maybe he used this as a leveraging tool to get a little extra from Boyle.  Only he knows the truth.. AS for the interim route.. This is not going to happen. They are NOT going to go the interim route. They have already squashed that thought...

Head from a very reliable source they actually already named one of the assistants interim while the coaching search goes on, so there is that.
They have asked Coach Elam to run workouts and player meetings until a coach is named.. I dont think they have officially made him an official "Interim" coach but I guess that is what an "interim" does..
Heard he didn't want the coaching job period. Find out when it all is said and done.
(05-13-2024, 03:42 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 02:21 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 01:23 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:40 AM)fansville Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:15 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: Well looks as if Corbins first winning field goal attempt to hire a good  coach comes up short and a little to the right as Coach Haddix says "thanks but no thanks as long as Jewel and Cox are still there". As I stated earlier, this was the Hurley offer.. The 2nd attempt will be made this week but if this goes wide right look for the "ol'buddy" system to prevail and they will make a "Pope" hire...

Let’s be real, Haddix was never coming back to Corbin even if you fired everyone in Corbin admin. Anyone without blinders on laughed at the suggestion that he was returning given the many reasons he has to never even consider that job. Then add in that great, championship level coaches don’t jump ship from their team 12 weeks before the start of the season and there was zero chance of a Haddix return to Corbin.

I’m guessing the replacement for Greer was determined long ago and the timing of this retirement was intentional. Making an offer to a guy you know would say no makes it appear like you are trying and with that you appease the masses. I think there is a strong chance that Corbin will either be getting an interim head coach from someone on staff presently or going back a former Corbin head coach or maybe a former teammate of the same guys who always pull the strings of Corbin football. The interim route with a real coaching search after the season seems like the best course but not sure if that will happen or is even desired by those in power.

Either way, time is ticking, 88 days until kickoff of the first scrimmage
You may be correct and it may not have been possible, but they made him say "NO" with a great offer.  I am like you and never thought so myself but he did listen and ask questions... Maybe he used this as a leveraging tool to get a little extra from Boyle.  Only he knows the truth.. AS for the interim route.. This is not going to happen. They are NOT going to go the interim route. They have already squashed that thought...

Head from a very reliable source they actually already named one of the assistants interim while the coaching search goes on, so there is that.
They have asked Coach Elam to run workouts and player meetings until a coach is named.. I dont think they have officially made him an official "Interim" coach but I guess that is what an "interim" does..
It’s called “Acting” Head Coach… Elam won’t have any problems acting like one because Greer got away with acting like one for four years.. And to quote Old School Hound.. Game over..
[Image: https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/932/9326.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
Wouldn't surprise me to see Tommy get out of Dodge(Corbin) after this mess he created.
(05-13-2024, 10:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me to see Tommy get out of Dodge(Corbin) after this mess he created.

If things don’t fall threw he’s pretty much already gone
[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/05bbd0c5...d=15713089]

I got me a pigeon suit... Man it fits real good.... Just wait till I learn to fly. Im going to be aiming at some certain cars lol. Got to give those Fairwell gifts... Smile You wait till they get that statue in place. Nothing like a little payback..
  • Cowboy42
[Image: https://media1.giphy.com/media/jAF3mI0ja...id=200.gif]

Smile I think Im getting the hang of it....
  • Cowboy42
things are going a fowl.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-14-2024, 12:11 PM)plantmanky Wrote: things are going a fowl.

Thats a fact.  Smile
Add your own caption, Redhound fans:

[Image: https://www.photofunny.net/images/202405...jpg?act=60]
Is a cardinal considered a fowl?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!
Coach Mark Payne was in Corbin yesterday. So just thinking out loud. He was a Haddix asst at one time. Would it be implausible to think that since we are just a couple of months from first football game that Corbin would say hire Payne for one year so Coach Haddix can coach Quisenberry and his loaded Boyle team to another championship and then he returns to Corbin and Payne moves to asst?
(05-14-2024, 05:01 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
Is a cardinal considered a fowl?

Yes, a flagrant fowl ...
(05-14-2024, 05:14 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: Coach Mark Payne was in Corbin yesterday. So just thinking out loud. He was a Haddix asst at one time.  Would it be implausible to think that since we are just a couple of months from first football game that Corbin would say hire Payne for one year so Coach Haddix can coach Quisenberry and his loaded Boyle team to another championship and then he returns to Corbin and Payne moves to asst?
Woah Hmmmmm. Interesting.
(05-14-2024, 11:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/05bbd0c5...d=15713089]

I got me a pigeon suit... Man it fits real good.... Just wait till I learn to fly. Im going to be aiming at some certain cars lol. Got to give those Fairwell gifts... Smile  You wait till they get that statue in place. Nothing like a little payback..
Looking like a dive bomber for sure…
(05-14-2024, 05:32 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/05bbd0c5...d=15713089]

I got me a pigeon suit... Man it fits real good.... Just wait till I learn to fly. Im going to be aiming at some certain cars lol. Got to give those Fairwell gifts... Smile  You wait till they get that statue in place. Nothing like a little payback..
Looking like a dive bomber for sure…

Im working on my flight at the moment, just waiting for the Statue ceremony and car washing season...  Smile
Any chance ol John Hines slides in and leaves SL high and dry?
(05-15-2024, 06:24 AM)AgentOrange Wrote: Any chance ol John Hines slides in and leaves SL high and dry?

Hines could ride a bicycle to Corbin lol. Let Hines talk to the politics there, talking about dogs squalling  Smile
(05-06-2024, 06:28 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 05:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’ve heard Mark Dixon from Perry will be the next Coach.  He would be a good one.  Chappell will be his OC.
That job is too big for Mark Dixon.
If Corbin does get him they be lucky. I’m telling you guy can coach. He won title at hazard and on verge turn Perry central around. The job not to big . But I promise Perry will offer what ever takes keep him .
Heard Corbin reached out to Coach James from Franklin County. Also heard he respectfully declined
(05-15-2024, 10:53 AM)16 special Wrote: Heard Corbin reached out to Coach James from Franklin County. Also heard he respectfully declined

If he was respectful in his decline, then he is a far better man than I am .   lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Smile I’d like to have eased dropped on that phone call…
(05-15-2024, 06:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile I’d like to have eased dropped on that phone call…

You and me both. They don't call me Tabloid OSH for nothing. lol   Btw, I don't think for a moment that call was ever made.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-15-2024, 07:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 06:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile I’d like to have eased dropped on that phone call…

You and me both. They don't call me Tabloid OSH for nothing. lol   Btw, I don't think for a moment that call was ever made.
This phone call did NOT happen..
[-] The following 2 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
(05-16-2024, 08:55 AM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 07:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

This phone call did NOT happen..

[Image: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/4d/f2/...c9ad74.gif]
Let me toss this out there.....Dudley?
(05-17-2024, 09:58 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Let me toss this out there.....Dudley?

Smile I think he is about Lake Ready...No. Not Dudley.
Corbins being told no by everybody they ask......Ive heard 3 names they are contacting and...............Greer may have to come out of retirement.
(05-17-2024, 10:42 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Corbins being told no by everybody they ask......Ive heard 3 names they are contacting and...............Greer may have to come out of retirement.

Smile 

[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/30edb4c9...id=6159589]
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next