•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
We got one we will be adding at Betsy Layne, Hamilton is at Shelby Valley, Sykes at Pikeville, right now looking like we lose Brayden to Floyd Central,I was told today that don’t count the Estradge kid a done deal at Martin County, someone said if one guy gets hired at Letcher, he will be there. Has anyone heard about the Paintsville kid, did he go to JC?
(05-16-2024, 03:20 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We got one we will be adding at Betsy Layne, Hamilton is at Shelby Valley, Sykes at Pikeville, right now looking like we lose Brayden to Floyd Central,I was told today that don’t count the Estradge kid a done deal at Martin County, someone said if one guy gets hired at Letcher, he will be there. Has anyone heard about the Paintsville kid, did he go to JC?
with Keene and skyes Pikeville will have one of the best back courts in the region. According to D&D  Estridge has already been ruled eligible, do you leave  a transfer again a get eligible?
[-] The following 1 user Likes devils88's post:
  • GeraldDaLoved
(05-16-2024, 03:20 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We got one we will be adding at Betsy Layne, Hamilton is at Shelby Valley, Sykes at Pikeville, right now looking like we lose Brayden to Floyd Central,I was told today that don’t count the Estradge kid a done deal at Martin County, someone said if one guy gets hired at Letcher, he will be there. Has anyone heard about the Paintsville kid, did he go to JC?

We’ve heard that you’re adding one at Betsy Layne for 2 months now, but the only thing that’s happening, is you’re losing players. Losing two 8th graders, your best freshman, multiple former players won’t play for new coach. What in the world is going on? Typical Betsy Layne, future is set up, they blow it with political hires and they go through a down 5-10 year stretch. Betsy Layne better add 3 or 4 with the 3 or 4 they are losing…. Estridge isn’t going anywhere, just ruled eligible. It has been stated the Cole is in fact staying at Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes YouKnowNot's post:
  • P. Fanning

If you're referring to Ethan Cole, he is staying at Paintsville.
(05-16-2024, 04:04 PM)YouKnowNot Wrote:

We’ve heard that you’re adding one at Betsy Layne for 2 months now, but the only thing that’s happening, is you’re losing players. Losing two 8th graders, your best freshman, multiple former players won’t play for new coach. What in the world is going on? Typical Betsy Layne, future is set up, they blow it with political hires and they go through a down 5-10 year stretch. Betsy Layne better add 3 or 4 with the 3 or 4 they are losing…. Estridge isn’t going anywhere, just ruled eligible. It has been stated the Cole is in fact staying at Paintsville.

On the Betsy Layne topic, one of those 8th graders has been playing summer ball with Betsy Layne so not sure if that fell through or not. However, whoever is transferring to Betsy Layne must be from awful far away as long as its taking them to get there lol
(05-16-2024, 05:17 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 04:04 PM)YouKnowNot Wrote:

On the Betsy Layne topic, one of those 8th graders has been playing summer ball with Betsy Layne so not sure if that fell through or not. However, whoever is transferring to Betsy Layne must be from awful far away as long as its taking them to get there lol

Summer ball hasn’t started yet. Some players are playing with multiple “schools”. But, yeah the transfer must be all the way from Moron Mountain. Must not like their boss Mr. Swackhammer. Has to be a Monstar. Don’t touch basketballs BL Coach provides lol
Bet your life we are getting a solid piece that will really help, Collins may be staying, and we got 3 great guards returning. Yes Keene and Sykes are at Pikeville and heard Estridage kids trainer is possibly getting Letcher job and heard his family said if that happens he’s 100% going to Letcher, Glad Cole kid is staying didn’t see it making sense him leaving Paintsville. Landon seem to give him the go ahead
So D&D Sports made an error when they posted on Facebook Estridge has transferred to Martin County and will play for the Cardinals his senior year?

Too many people "hear" things that aren't true but act like its the gospel truth, that's for sure.
(05-16-2024, 08:01 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Bet your life we are getting a solid piece that will really help, Collins may be staying, and we got 3 great guards returning. Yes Keene and Sykes are at Pikeville and heard Estridage kids trainer is  possibly getting Letcher job and heard his family said if that happens he’s 100% going to Letcher, Glad Cole kid is staying didn’t see it making sense him leaving Paintsville. Landon seem to give him the go ahead

From what school? From what district? Word on the street, one of those “great guards” is gone as soon as school year ends.
Not saying they made a mistake but things change, if the kid is close to his trainer is it not possible he will follow him if he gets the job. Not saying it’s going to happen just what I was told, if he transferred once, what makes you think the kid wouldn’t twice. I wish they’d tighten transfer rule up, but then again we lose some and we gain some
(05-16-2024, 08:20 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: So D&D Sports made an error when they posted on Facebook Estridge has transferred to Martin County and will play for the Cardinals his senior year?

Too many people "hear" things that aren't true but act like its the gospel truth, that's for sure.

Estridge himself retweeted D & D post.
(05-16-2024, 08:20 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: So D&D Sports made an error when they posted on Facebook Estridge has transferred to Martin County and will play for the Cardinals his senior year?

Estridge is Daryl’s stepson. So I’d say D&D didn’t make a mistake
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-16-2024, 08:38 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Not saying they made a mistake but things change, if the kid is close to his trainer is it not possible he will follow him if he gets the job. Not saying it’s going to happen just what I was told, if he transferred once, what makes you think the kid wouldn’t twice. I wish  they’d tighten transfer rule up, but then again we lose some and we gain some

translation: I’m just blowing smoke

Napier isn’t coming. Been at Pburg his whole life. 
Allen isn’t coming. His dad will tell you the same. 
Estridge is at MC. 
Stewart isn’t coming. His brother is QB. And family connection through BL will tell you same.
Spriggs isn’t coming. He’s the man at FC. 
J. Slone isn’t coming. Will get more shots at PC. Would be 3rd school anyways. 
Russell isn’t coming. Mom said so. 
Jenkins isn’t coming. He ain’t playing baseball at BL. GF is from Knott County too.
Guard leaving BL after school?
Parsons isn't leaving unless his dad gets a principal job somewhere without applying.
Allen isn't leaving, his main sport is football, and he will be WR1 this year.
Pente also will not be going anywhere.
Estridge physically moved to Warfield. Warfield to Letcher is a good haul.
Matthew Perry has applied for every open job since he left Morgan County.
Only person I see transferring anytime soon is Keathley. He is a high-profile player who wants to be talked about. I don't see him playing for Harold unless he's just in it for the points an individual accolades.
I could see Collins returning to BL after a summer with JC. Hall will land somewhere in Floyd County, just depends on if/ where / when his dad gets an assistant job.

Tell us this FloydCountySuperstar, is the "player" you're getting a multi sport athlete? If so, has he attended BL at some point in his life?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDick's-n-Karl's's post:
  • 100%SUCCESS
(05-16-2024, 11:32 PM)YouKnowNot Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 08:38 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Not saying they made a mistake but things change, if the kid is close to his trainer is it not possible he will follow him if he gets the job. Not saying it’s going to happen just what I was told, if he transferred once, what makes you think the kid wouldn’t twice. I wish  they’d tighten transfer rule up, but then again we lose some and we gain some

Estridge is at MC. 
Stewart isn’t coming. His brother is QB. And family connection through BL will tell you same.
Jenkins isn’t coming. He ain’t playing baseball at BL. GF is from Knott County too.
Napier & Allen have been at some of the open gyms at Prestonsburg. Allen when he could because of baseball. They aren't going anywhere. Stewart to BL possibility ended when BL started a fight with PC in the Regional tourney a couple years ago. Plus, Stewart's cousin at BL transfered to Prestonsburg. Not to mention, his grandpa is on the PC coaching staff. Jenkins quit basketball last season at FC to focus on baseball. Plus he had transfered to another school.in 7th grade and hated it, before returning. Russell is a great player with roots in Magoffin. He will get plenty of shots now, as they would play younger players and build for the future. Nobody is going into Betsy Layne, unless they are clueless as to what has went on there for a few years. When Junior players reclassify to be seniors, instead of vice-versa, what does that say about the basketball program? People want out of there, not in there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • YouKnowNot
(05-16-2024, 11:36 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: Guard leaving BL after school?
Parsons isn't leaving unless his dad gets a principal job somewhere without applying.
Allen isn't leaving, his main sport is football, and he will be WR1 this year.
Pente also will not be going anywhere.
Estridge physically moved to Warfield. Warfield to Letcher is a good haul.
Matthew Perry has applied for every open job since he left Morgan County.
Only person I see transferring anytime soon is Keathley. He is a high-profile player who wants to be talked about. I don't see him playing for Harold unless he's just in it for the points an individual accolades.
I could see Collins returning to BL after a summer with JC. Hall will land somewhere in Floyd County, just depends on if/ where / when his dad gets an assistant job.

Tell us this FloydCountySuperstar, is the "player" you're getting a multi sport athlete? If so, has he attended BL at some point in his life?

Other than Jake Slone, who just transferred to PC from Pburg last season. I don’t recall anyone that fits that bill. But, he don’t play multiple sports and would be his 3rd school in 3 years. 

Only multi-sport athlete I’ve heard rumblings of recently is Jenkins who didn’t play basketball at FC this year. His best sport is baseball and that isn’t exactly the best at BL.
(05-16-2024, 01:46 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 12:03 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 11:08 AM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 08:10 AM)Blacksmith Wrote: Is Mason the one that was coaching Betsy Layne middle before Robbie came?

Yes he was. Nothing against Robbie Johnson, who is a great coach, but it wasn't broke at Betsy Layne. Like Spud said, politics reared its ugly head. As long as that's prevalent, Betsy Layne will be content winning the District every so often but not being a real contender for any region titles. 

If Brayden and Mason wind up at Floyd Central, that should put them as the favorites in the 58th and if that young talent can continue to gel, they have a shot of making noise in the region. At the same time, Alan Moore has been there since what, 2019? He's got the one District title with no region wins and he has certainly had a lot of talent. I would imagine Mason would do wonders there if he got that opportunity.
Ok I thought so and yes I knew as soon as Robbie went back to BL the middle school job would be his in short order...

(05-16-2024, 09:12 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 01:16 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 09:41 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Betsy Layne is making a huge mistake if they let Brayden and Mason leave. Brayden will be one of the best players in the 15th Region the next 3 years and if Mason can just get that opportunity to be a head coach at a high school, he will be one of the best ever by the time he retires, unless he moves up to college basketball. Wish both the best, but if this does happen, it shows how little they care about basketball at Betsy Layne High School.
It was surprising that he was cut loose at Betsy Layne Jr high level. He won nearly every county tourney. His son gave them the outside threat. But he was on the staff at the HS last season, I would've thought it was a good fit to keep some of the Jr High kids from bolting to somewhere else. But they cut him loose there too. So, their best 8th grader is leaving for JC, Brayden Hall is leaving and one kid that played there in Jr high for Mason but refused to play for Newsome and Howard already transferred to another school. Downtown Keeton Brown wont play there either. 
I'm told that in addition to Collins, another 8th grade player is transferring after graduation. With a short bench and plenty of court time available, what is the world is happing there?

Politics
Well, its Floyd co after all... Just look at all the reasons we have seen coaches hired and fire for before...

Not familiar with Floyd county coaches from the past. But do you care to share who was hired and fired for political reasons? There is a few recent ones that are obvious.
Just off the top of my head Bill Letton, one of the best football coaches the 15th has seen. Took Pburg to a state title game(they were robbed of, I wont get into that) then when they ran him off(politics) he went to Lexington catholic and won a state title along with 3x straight regions... Now he's a head coach at a 6A power house school in Ga... So there's that one, then Jonny Martin another celebrated coach in the the 15th Floyd co, there's several others.. Most of these had to do with the coaches not wanting to play ball with parents and boosters etc..I wont get into the hires, way too many  "friends" hired with way too little credentials to even remember them all, LOL
(05-16-2024, 11:32 PM)YouKnowNot Wrote:

Estridge is at MC. 
Solid Analysis!
No the one I’m talking about is a definite just waiting for school to end, don’t think there will be much other movement, maybe some Pikeville kids after Summer Ball. On the Estradge I know his Dad is Darryl but I was told by someone pretty close to the Dad if his trainer gets job at Letcher he would 100% leave there, said they went to MC to get away from Parsley, could be a rumor but I do know this guy that told me and Darryl are good friends, seen them together a bunch. Really hoping we can keep Collins here, be an important piece for the future, but I think he will be here.
(05-17-2024, 11:30 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: No the one I’m talking about is a definite just waiting for school to end, don’t think there will be much other movement, maybe some Pikeville kids after Summer Ball. On the Estradge I know his Dad is Darryl but I was told by someone pretty close to the Dad if his trainer gets job at Letcher he would 100% leave there, said they went to MC to get away from Parsley, could be a rumor but I do know this guy that told me and Darryl are good friends, seen them together a bunch. Really hoping we can keep Collins here, be an important piece for the future, but I think he will be here.

What district is the player coming from since you won’t tell us the school?
SPRIGGS AND BOYD JUMP SHIP!!!!!Rumor has it Spriggs and Boyd riding around with MC boosters. Going to every open gym there and doing private workouts with Brady Dingess. While also attending team dinners with Johnson Central. Also Braydon Hall will not touch the floor at Fc. Also Ethan Lance going to Ashland.
Ethan Lance on board at Prestonsburg. Multiple reliable sources have told the same to me.
RUMOR MILL/Barber Shop talk

Martin C

They will add 1 more player atleast.

Paintsville

Cole is staying.

JC

Nothing on them, other than possibly gaining 2.

Magoffin

Nothing.

Prestonsburg

Ferrell leaving since his GF is graduating.
Keathley one foot in the door and one foot out.

BL

Parsons dad did apply for Martin County principal job, but didn’t get it. Carter was leaving if he got it.
Pente is possibly gone to a school in the 57th. Couple of options.
Collins is possibly going to JC.
Hall is leaving it looks like.
Another 8th grader is possibly leaving after school year ends.

FC

Lance to Prestonsburg, been at FC Open gyms is what I was told. But never know.
Jenkins rumor was earlier in year, hadn’t heard it sense. Baseball is his game, so they better be good in baseball.
Spriggs, also has been at FC Open Gyms. But, has said he isn’t going anywhere, just playing ball any chance he gets.

Pikeville

Rowe might go elsewhere after summer ball.

SV

The transfers they’re getting are there.

East Ridge

Nothing.

Belfry

Hearing they may add 1.

Pike Central

Hearing they may add 1.

Phelps

Nothing.
Parsons did not apply for the Martin job.

Heard BL getting a kid or two.
(05-18-2024, 05:48 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Parsons did not apply for the Martin job.

Heard BL getting a kid or two.

FCS has multiple accounts. BL been getting a kid or 2 since March, and crickets. Don’t matter, Parsons shots goes up 5 attempts with every graduating class. Better get 2-3, since they’re losing 2-3.
Pikeville isn’t losing anyone.
(05-18-2024, 02:52 PM)YouKnowNot Wrote: RUMOR MILL/Barber Shop talk

Martin C

They will add 1 more player atleast.

Paintsville

Cole is staying.

JC

Nothing on them, other than possibly gaining 2.

Magoffin

Nothing.

Prestonsburg

Ferrell leaving since his GF is graduating.
Keathley one foot in the door and one foot out.

BL

Parsons dad did apply for Martin County principal job, but didn’t get it. Carter was leaving if he got it.
Pente is possibly gone to a school in the 57th. Couple of options.
Collins is possibly going to JC.
Hall is leaving it looks like.
Another 8th grader is possibly leaving after school year ends.

FC

Lance to Prestonsburg, been at FC Open gyms is what I was told. But never know.
Jenkins rumor was earlier in year, hadn’t heard it sense. Baseball is his game, so they better be good in baseball.
Spriggs, also has been at FC Open Gyms. But, has said he isn’t going anywhere, just playing ball any chance he gets.

Pikeville

Rowe might go elsewhere after summer ball.

SV

The transfers they’re getting are there.

East Ridge

Nothing.

Belfry

Hearing they may add 1.

Pike Central

Hearing they may add 1.

Phelps

Nothing.
I can't see Pente going anywhere. It's his team this coming year and his sister is one of the Bobcats top players. I really don't believe their grandfather would let them leave their either.
I can't see.Rowe leaving the Panthers either. Players usually don't leave there. But he has sat a long time for his turn, and proven players keep coming in, so who knows.
I'm not sure how lance would fit in with an already crowded paint in Prestonsburg. Plus I believe Tackett runs a run & gun offense, like has before. But it would be a nice get for them.
Hearing Prestonsburg will only lose Estridge. Which means they return 4 starters. Unless Keathley is on the move after summer ball. Keeping those 4 will be huge for Harold and his first year back. Should be middle of the pack within the region.
Any summer ball schedules out so we can see who really is playing where?
UPike is having their camp June 3rd and 4th, 10th and 11th and the 18th according to their Facebook page.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next