Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin discussion
Does anyone else get wore out with the Corbin Buzz.. seems like everyone involved is just drinking out of a different glass of spiked KOOL-AID.....Seems like folks forget the number one ingredient to winning.. WORK!! A proud program, looking for the quick fix.  

Just my two cents.. lets discuss whats missing in Corbin in this thread, not coaching, not players, but what has been the missing keys since the last ring!

Again, the program I love has never got there! So we have a lot to learn ourself..... but we dont have as much nonsense as what you read here!
[-] The following 3 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, Diogenes, North laurel Fan
RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage". I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....
(05-15-2024, 11:14 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Does anyone else get wore out with the Corbin Buzz.. seems like everyone involved is just drinking out of a different glass of spiked KOOL-AID.....Seems like folks forget the number one ingredient to winning.. WORK!! A proud program, looking for the quick fix.  

Just my two cents.. lets discuss whats missing in Corbin in this thread, not coaching, not players, but what has been the missing keys since the last ring!

Again, the program I love has never got there! So we have a lot to learn ourself..... but we dont have as much nonsense as what you read here!
First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way to much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • Son of the Alamo
I gotcha, Yes I am sure they work as hard as any lifting/practice.. But I feel like the fanbase thinks its somehow easier to win it all, than most places...

(05-06-2024, 08:12 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: I would say the hazard coach. He is full on energy.

(05-15-2024, 11:54 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:14 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Does anyone else get wore out with the Corbin Buzz.. seems like everyone involved is just drinking out of a different glass of spiked KOOL-AID.....Seems like folks forget the number one ingredient to winning.. WORK!! A proud program, looking for the quick fix.  

First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way to much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • shottaker23
The only thing stopping Corbin is Boyle. The athletes Boyle has is unmatched across most teams regardless of class. And it's all about the Jimmy's and Joe's, not about the X's and O's.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-15-2024, 12:11 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I gotcha, Yes I am sure they work as hard as any lifting/practice.. But I feel like the fanbase thinks its somehow easier to win it all, than most places...

(05-06-2024, 08:12 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: I would say the hazard coach. He is full on energy.

I will agree with that statement. The fanbase is very passionate not just about football but all their sports. However their expectations are very unrealistic to an extent. But as far as football goes they have run roughshod thru the years because in that area--lets face facts only Bell Co has any kind of football history so they do very well against local teams.

First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way too much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.

Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county area of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
(05-15-2024, 01:34 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way too much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.

Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county are of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
Actually those 3 counties total population is 128k. However Corbin goes to the bypass in Knox County, to tattersall in whitley, and to the municipal garage in Laurel. The population of Corbin city and annexed area is 7860 per the census in 2020. I know their are ways around the reciprocity policy but Corbin by no means draws from that kind of population lol

Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county are of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
70% of that 100k are 60+ year old retired Californian's moving here in drove's without kids and bringing up the home prices,  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Son of the Alamo's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut, shottaker23
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage". I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

I’m just curious what makes you think Haddix is leaving Boyle after this season and where is going?
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz

I like your post but wore out. Absolutely not. Corbin is the team to beat locally in the 13th Region area. Love the program. I would love to see them do well. But you got to keep in mind, a lot of posters on BGR are within the 13th region area and either support or hate Corbin. So you can’t expect Franklin or other schools to get as much buzz when they have no fans in here. Love em or hate em. They are the local talk. Make no mistake about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • FCSPY
(05-15-2024, 02:09 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

I’m just curious what makes you think Haddix is leaving Boyle after this season and where is going?
 I think he goes to the college level. he will graduate Quisenberry and I think he is just a unique talent and some other key names from what I see too. I think he will have lost his "ace in the hole" in Quisenberry and it will be a lot easier to jump while on top. I figure he will end up on coaching staff at WKU or WVU or somewhere like that. maybe wrong, but it just makes sense to me if he has ambitions which is the take I've got from him and his climb to where is is now.
(05-15-2024, 02:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I like your post but wore out. Absolutely not. Corbin is the team to beat locally in the 13th Region area. Love the program. I would love to see them do well. But you got to keep in mind, a lot of posters on BGR are within the 13th region area and either support or hate Corbin. So you can’t expect Franklin or other schools to get as much buzz when they have no fans in here. Love em or hate em. They are the local talk. Make no mistake about it.

I have no jealousy, here our program is very young in its success.. so I would expect us to be far less popular.. however the tone is very much like highlands.. another place I think is a bit foolish.
  • Bull got out!
(05-15-2024, 02:46 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 02:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I have no jealousy, here our program is very young in its success.. so I would expect us to be far less popular.. however the tone is very much like highlands.. another place I think is a bit foolish.

I have had locals who went down there last year and the feedback was unreal. But here locally, everyone knows everyone and lots of talk when it comes to sports. Now on my behalf, where I enjoy football period, I follow Franklin County because I think they are always a threat every year. No doubt a few years ago when they went to the title game, those were some of the most dangerous 4A teams to every play 4A. They come one hair of beating a very good Johnson Central team on the road the next year. So I'll call my self a Franklin Fan from afar. I like Eddie James and what he has been able to accomplish down there. No doubt, Franklin is always in the hunt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
(05-15-2024, 02:31 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

I think he goes to the college level. he will graduate Quisenberry and I think he is just a unique talent and some other key names from what I see too. I think he will have lost his "ace in the hole" in Quisenberry and it will be a lot easier to jump while on top. I figure he will end up on coaching staff at WKU or WVU or somewhere like that. maybe wrong, but it just makes sense to me if he has ambitions which is the take I've got from him and his climb to where is is now.

Fair enough, and I’ll agree that if he leaves Boyle it will be to take a college job but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon, and when Quisenberry leaves the cupboard is definitely not going to be empty, Boyle reloads every year and as great as Tavy is his departure isn’t going to take Boyle out of State Title contention way too much young talent coming up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Rebel55

Im actually shocked that Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio High Schools havn't reached out to him. They take football serious and he is serious. Then like Alamo said, Im also as shocked that UK, Louiserville, and others havn't wanted Haddix to join the staff. So wouldn't be shocked for him to get the big offer after any season and be stuck between alot of money and hard decision.
(05-15-2024, 02:53 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 02:31 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:

Fair enough, and I’ll agree that if he leaves Boyle it will be to take a college job but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon, and when Quisenberry leaves the cupboard is definitely not going to be empty, Boyle reloads every year and as great as Tavy is his departure isn’t going to take Boyle out of State Title contention way too much young talent coming up.

Boyle has not been reloading from within, like years past. I do think they reload but it is different. One has to wonder what is really left for Haddix in Highschool? Does he have college aspirations? Selling yourself to 23 year olds is a bit different!

(05-15-2024, 02:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 02:46 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 02:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I have had locals who went down there last year and the feedback was unreal. But here locally, everyone knows everyone and lots of talk when it comes to sports. Now on my behalf, where I enjoy football period, I follow Franklin County because I think they are always a threat every year. No doubt a few years ago when they went to the title game, those were some of the most dangerous 4A teams to every play 4A. They come one hair of beating a very good Johnson Central team on the road the next year. So I'll call my self a Franklin Fan from afar. I like Eddie James and what he has been able to accomplish down there. No doubt, Franklin is always in the hunt.

We appreciate you! We are still clawing our way up!
  • Bull got out!
I think Haddix where he is just a football genius, he could go to college and put in place his offense and unlike Highschool, he would have personnel to carry out what he would do offensively, and it would probably look entirely different at the college level.
GENIUS!!!!
(05-15-2024, 03:26 PM)FCSPY Wrote: GENIUS!!!!

Smile he is, you have to talk to him sometime. Football genius that is...

You do realize that he was pretty close to leaving just a few days ago?   It's not far fetched that he would take another job  opportunity in the future if it was something that excited him.
(05-15-2024, 01:48 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

population over a 100K
Actually those 3 counties total population is 128k. However Corbin goes to the bypass in Knox County, to tattersall in whitley, and to the municipal garage in Laurel. The population of Corbin city and annexed area is 7860 per the census in 2020. I know their are ways around the reciprocity policy but Corbin by no means draws from that kind of population lol

You may wanna take a look at the addresses of every player on that roster and get back to me…and then go ahead and go back 30 years too if you got some free time.

im not saying its wrong. The other schools are dumb for allowing it to happen. Im just saying Corbin isn’t some disadvantaged little thing that only has 8K people in the district to choose from. 

if that was the case you would still be a 2A school and not about to overtake Whitley in enrollment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Waitaminute
(05-15-2024, 01:50 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:

population over a 100K
70% of that 100k are 60+ year old retired Californian's moving here in drove's without kids and bringing up the home prices,  Big Grin

better than the crazies who start conspiracy theory threads about Greer 4 times a day  Big Grin
(05-15-2024, 05:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You do realize that he was pretty close to leaving just a few days ago?   It's not far fetched that he would take another job  opportunity in the future if it was something that excited him.

Not according to the people in the know here in Boyle County, I think it was more wishful thinking on Corbin’s part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Hatz
(05-15-2024, 05:49 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:50 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:

population over a 100K

better than the crazies who start conspiracy theory threads about Greer 4 times a daBig Grin

Are you calling me crazy?
(05-15-2024, 06:02 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 05:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Not according to the people in the know here in Boyle County, I think it was more wishful thinking on Corbin’s part.

Smile If I had one wish....
(05-15-2024, 05:48 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:48 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

population over a 100K

You may wanna take a look at the addresses of every player on that roster and get back to me…and then go ahead and go back 30 years too if you got some free time.

im not saying its wrong. The other schools are dumb for allowing it to happen. Im just saying Corbin isn’t some disadvantaged little thing that only has 8K people in the district to choose from. 

if that was the case you would still be a 2A school and not about to overtake Whitley in enrollment.
I have lived in Corbin. Current 9-12 enrollment is 851 students Whitley(not that it has anything to do with your statement) has 1100. You said Corbin pulls from a population of over a 100000k which is a stupid statement, especially since it seems like you may know the area. Don't get me wrong, I despise Corbin athletics and their powers that be--but I'll give the Dawgs their due. They have a helluva Football program--other than a couple of years always have. That being said Corbin, like everywhere in the state, allows you to sign over educational guardianship rights but they don't have a roster full of outsiders like you insinuate.
(05-15-2024, 06:02 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 05:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Okay fine.   Find some people more "in the know"  next time.  I listened to the play-by-play. I was the guy holding vigil at the football field while I was getting blown up with messages describing the blow by blow. I think if it had been February and not May it would have gotten finished. That's my opinion. Just awfully late in the day to be trying to iron out some difficult details with June just a couple of weeks away. Tommy Greer knew that, as well. Hence, his May resignation. He's a prick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • shottaker23

What deep pockets are you referring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert