Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County replaces Danville on Their Schedule
They will be traveling to play St. Edwards Ohio. St. Eds finished #31 in Cal Preps and #16 in Max Preps for the final HS rankings. They have won 3 state championship in a row. The game will be played Saturday September 7th at 1PM EST. 

Stepping up.  
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Bull got out!, The Red Eminence
Not a wise decision!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • jetpilot
Much better option for the Rebels! Out of state RPI is .5 - much better than that .000001 RPI that danville will boast  Big Grin
(04-19-2024, 02:02 PM)Ned Gremlin Wrote: Much better option for the Rebels! Out of state RPI is .5 - much better than that .000001 RPI that danville will boast  Big Grin

I agree with Jack. Probably not wise. If they lose this game, it could mean a trip to Corbin(depending on how Corbin's season plays out) instead of a home game. The feeling from Boyle's side is that it probably won't matter. I don't think they are worried about RPI. They believe they can win anywhere, and they're right.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert
St. Eds is a different monster. Long trip for Boyle.
I love it. Good job Coach Haddix. Boyle is a different monster for what St. Edward’s is used to as well. Dog fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-19-2024, 01:57 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Not a wise decision!
Why do you feel like not playing the best of the best is a wise decision?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastScreen435's post:
  • Holy Bull
I'm looking forward to the challenge for the Rebels! With the team that Haddix has this year I don't think he cares about RPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-22-2024, 06:20 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I'm looking forward to the challenge for the Rebels!  With the team that Haddix has this year I don't think he cares about RPI.

I agree. I'd like to think the Rebels ambitious schedule will result in a trip to Corbin for the Rebels in the playoffs but I honestly don't know that it would matter this season. I think Boyle is confident they can win against any opponent and at any venue. Last season was the year I would have loved to see Boyle at Corbin.

I agree. Bloodbath.
Coach Haddix has never shied away from competition.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • BEChargers, Old School Hound
St Ed's will take a step back next year, but it will be a little step. They will have graduated 3 D1. OL (Michigan. Ohio State x2) and 2 D1DL (ND & Akron) and 1 CB (Akron)

JV and freshmen teams have been undefeated the last few seasons, so the cupboard is hardly bare.

Returning players include a rising senior LB with multiple D1 offers and a rising sophomore RB who played as a freshmen which is unheard of.

As a Lexington Catholic supporter, glad to see Boyle playing St Ed's.

(04-22-2024, 01:16 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I love it.  Good job Coach Haddix.  Boyle is a different monster for what St. Edward’s is used to as well.  Dog fight
St Ed's plays one of the more difficult schedules in the country. Boyle may keep it close for a half, but Ed's will put a running clock on them at some point.
No way
(04-23-2024, 12:09 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: No way

No way what? St.Edwards will demolish Boyle by as many as they want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Iggyfan
It's a tall task but you never know. I don't think anyone expected Covington Catholic to beat nationally ranked (at the time) Cincy LaSalle back in 2019, but they hung a number on them.
(04-22-2024, 01:32 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote:

Too much to lose and not enough to gain!

1- risking injury to one of the star players that can’t be replaced
2- RPI effect
3- once again Injuries to any of the starters
4- what do they really gain other than bragging rights if they win which isn’t likely
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Old School Hound
Boyle County fans for once not so excited! LOL. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!
St. Edwards will expose Boyle of any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs. I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late. I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for for #13 I agree with him. Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers.

Haddix knows more football than I do and I trust his decision to play this team. I do agree with injuries and that does concern me but you can't be a scared mom and keep your kids away from danger. This is Football not Band.

(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle County fans for once not so excited! LOL. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!

I'm not scared of anyone with this 24 Rebel team.

(04-23-2024, 12:40 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: St. Edwards will expose Boyle of  any weaknesses and Boyle can learned what to fix for the playoffs.  I'm sure Haddix had a hard time finding someone in Kentucky to play Boyle this year this late.  I also trust in Haddix's decision and if he feels this will help the Rebels for #13 I agree with him.  Don't know anything about this team from Ohio but I do know Boyle has a ton of talent and 5 kids I can think of right now with D1 power 5 offers. 

Haddix knows more football than I do and I trust his decision to play this team.  I do agree with injuries and that does concern me but you can't be a scared mom and keep your kids away from danger.  This is Football not Band.

(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle County fans for once not so excited! LOL. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!

I'm not scared of anyone with this 24 Rebel team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Holy Bull
Not sure how true it is but I was told that Boyle could have played Hopkinsville the same week that they’re playing ST Edwards, not sure if the scared mom comment was directed at me but what if you lose Quisenberry to injury for the rest of the season or any of the starters as far as that goes will playing the game have been worth the price!!!

Absolutely Not!!!
Ohio football is an entirely different Animal!
Jack playing Hopkinsville does not mean a injury free game. They can happen any week against any team. Can't go through life scared of a injury. It's sucks when it happens but got to live and not be sheltered.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Holy Bull, Westside
Definitely a tall task for Boyle. I’m not equating teams here, I’m equating difficulty of task. Each year Pikeville plays a very difficult schedule, often putting themselves against teams that don’t pose any real “reward” for having played the game. Yet they do, and they get better as a result in the long run. Injuries are part of the game. They happen at practice or in games, against inferior opponents or superior. Against air or against drill pads. You have to have the mentality of next man up. I wish Boyle luck, that’s gonna be a TOUGH game, I applaud them for being willing to schedule it. Definitely more challenging than Danville, whom it appears will play Henry County that week. Probably a little more in line with Danvilles level of play.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Holy Bull, Rebel55
(04-23-2024, 02:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Not sure how true it is but I was told that Boyle could have played Hopkinsville the same week that they’re playing ST Edwards,  not sure if the scared mom comment was directed at me but what if you lose Quisenberry to injury for the rest of the season or any of the starters as far as that goes will playing the game have been worth the price!!!

Absolutely Not!!!
Ohio football is an entirely different Animal!

I see where you're coming from with the injuries, but the best teams from Kentucky have been playing the best teams from Ohio and Indiana for years. Trinity, St. X, even CovCath and Frederick Douglass, play some of the best teams in Ohio year after year. Injuries happen regardless of the opponent. Best high school football player I ever played with had his career end on a non-contact injury on a KO return against a team we would beat 100 times out of 100. Planted his foot wrong and that was it, blew out his knee and never played again.

Boyle County is elite right now and was likely the best team in the state last year. They don't have to play the top neighboring state teams to maintain their status, but it's not unprecedented, and probably the next logical step in their progression. FWIW, Boyle's Maxpreps ranking from last season would have had them as the 5th best team in Ohio, behind only 1. Washington Massillon, 2. St. Edward, 3. Archbishop Hoban, and 4. Central Catholic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Holy Bull, The Red Eminence
When your kid plays on Friday nights he’s not being sheltered every time they put on the pads they run the risk of injury, I know mine played from 3rd grade until the end of his Freshman year and when it became like a job he gave it up and joined the fishing team, he suffered his share of injuries with multiple broken bones the last being a broken arm in the first quarter against Danville and played the last 3 quarters with it broken, my point is Ohio Football is an entirely different animal than the teams we play in Ky on any given Friday night and IMO the chances of injury will be much higher than playing against your run of the mill Ky teams, I watched 2 of ST Edwards games on YouTube yesterday from last season and they play a physical brand of football that few teams in Kentucky do and IMO is just not worth the risk, I’m looking at the big picture of winning a State championship at season’s end with a healthy roster!
Boyle will crush St. Edwards I am signing up for the Ohio Message boards as we speak!!! I want to make sure St. Edwards is motivated, lol... This game will make Boyle even better in playoff time.

Win something, then start talking......
[-] The following 10 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • backinblack2003, Colonel4Life1999, FastScreen435, FCSPY, HighViz, Holy Bull, Jack Lambert, Rebel55, toolaidback, Westside
Centre beat Harvard...Just sayin' .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Holy Bull
(04-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

2- RPI effect
4- what do they really gain other than bragging rights if they win which isn’t likely
Boyle will receive a .50 in the RPI for playing out of state. Danville RPI last year was .38 so it actually helps. Also I doubt Hopkinsville was interested in scheduling Boyle.

Boyle fans are more excited to drive to OH and play St. Ed's than they were last year to have to travel to Franklin in the cold to watch a beat down.
I like the matchup. I’ll definitely watch that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
An injury could happen in 7 on 7 for that matter, they could happen at any moment, no matter who they are playing. I think this will give everyone a good sense of where Boyle stands more than a random game down state that will be a bloodbath because there are very few teams in the state that can hold a light to the Rebels. Should be a fun matchup!
(04-24-2024, 09:11 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

2- RPI effect
Boyle will receive a .50 in the RPI for playing out of state. Danville RPI last year was .38 so it actually helps. Also I doubt Hopkinsville was interested in scheduling Boyle.

Boyle fans are more excited to drive to OH and play St. Ed's than they were last year to have to travel to Franklin in the cold to watch a beat down.

HAHAH, Yea yea, always an easy comeback. We will see how excited you are when driving back!! Enjoy it while you can, We are still hanging around.

(04-23-2024, 08:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Win something, then start talking......

Nah, Ill continue to talk as normal. As good as you guys are, I am not sure why you are not traveling out of state more often? Boyle not have the budget to go seek out the best venues?

Guys, get to tore up. We all know Boyle is the team to beat in our state and especially 4a. But it doesnt make you all immune from a little goat getting.... You guys are spoiled.. I hope we can be the ones to knock ya down!!! But yes its a long shot, and we haven't won a thing. But we been as close as any over the last few years. Go ST EDWARDS!!!

Guys, get to tore up. We all know Boyle is the team to beat in our state and especially 4a. But it doesnt make you all immune from a little goat getting.... You guys are spoiled.. I hope we can be the ones to knock ya down!!! But yes its a long shot, and we haven't won a thing. But we been as close as any over the last few years. Go ST EDWARDS!!!