Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzz Around Pikeville
Rumor has it, that Orem will be stepping away from Pikeville basketball in the coming week.
Hearing the same. Crazy part is the ones trying to run her out.
Could she possibly be headed to Perry Central? If she is, Coach Orem will be bringing a lot of talent in with her.
(04-13-2024, 04:25 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: Could she possibly be headed to Perry Central?  If she is, Coach Orem will be bringing a lot of talent in with her.
Why would players leave Pikeville to go to Perry Central? Plus you’d need to relocate cause no way you could drive that everyday. I thought everyone loved Orem cause they all transfer their kids over there.
(04-13-2024, 04:45 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 04:25 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: Could she possibly be headed to Perry Central?  If she is, Coach Orem will be bringing a lot of talent in with her.
Why would players leave Pikeville to go to Perry Central? Plus you’d need to relocate cause no way you could drive that everyday. I thought everyone loved Orem cause they all transfer their kids over there.
From what I hear it’s not the transfers it’s the home grown kids causing the issues

No she won't.
Orem isn't going anywhere
Can't make everybody happy so they start rumors.
(04-14-2024, 12:58 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Orem isn't going anywhere
Can't make everybody happy so they start rumors.
No rumors. Orem will be out by next Friday. Going to be an ugly divorce between her and the school.
We always have heard that she wants a college job. That wouldn’t shock me, her leaving for that.

But to be forced out, not happening, Pikeville is way too classy and self aware for it to get ugly.
(04-14-2024, 05:02 PM)RTruth Wrote: We always have heard that she wants a college job. That wouldn’t shock me, her leaving for that.

But to be forced out, not happening, Pikeville is way too classy and self aware for it to get ugly.

I don't know what's going on but deciding to replace someone has nothing to do with class. If they take it bad and get ugly it's no reflection on Pikeville.
There are better jobs out there than little small town Pikeville. Don’t care what they have there. She loses her race horses this year and next year will more than likely be Johnson Centrals year. Orem will end up somewhere good if this happens.
(04-15-2024, 08:09 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: There are better jobs out there than little small town Pikeville.  Don’t care what they have there.  She loses her race horses this year and next year will more than likely be Johnson Centrals year.  Orem will end up somewhere good if this happens.

None in Eastern Kentucky and very few in the state. And Pikeville's JV undefeated the last 2 years, they aren't going anywhere.
(04-15-2024, 08:09 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: There are better jobs out there than little small town Pikeville. Don’t care what they have there. She loses her race horses this year and next year will more than likely be Johnson Centrals year. Orem will end up somewhere good if this happens.

Johnson Central will be exactly what they were this year and what Hicks was at Valley, his shelf life is about 4 years and his antics run thin.
(04-14-2024, 05:02 PM)RTruth Wrote: We always have heard that she wants a college job. That wouldn’t shock me, her leaving for that.

Forced out is exactly what's being said. Pretty much she has to decide if she wants to be let go from the school in general or just basketball. I assume she will be on another bench within the mountains instead of just retiring.

(04-15-2024, 09:37 AM)RTruth Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:09 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: There are better jobs out there than little small town Pikeville.  Don’t care what they have there.  She loses her race horses this year and next year will more than likely be Johnson Centrals year.  Orem will end up somewhere good if this happens.

Johnson Central will be exactly what they were this year and what Hicks was at Valley, his shelf life is about 4 years and his antics run thin.

Can Hicks win the big game? Runs the same thing all year and his teams seem to be burnt out by February.

(04-15-2024, 08:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

None in Eastern Kentucky and very few in the state. And Pikeville's JV undefeated the last 2 years, they aren't going anywhere.

They will still be a top 3 team in the region. But will not dominate like the past 5 years.
JV is JV, not taken very seriously. Undefeated JV teams? Wow
Your best JV eligible players often don't even see the floor in JV games so that could be a future predictor of role players, but your core players a lot of times are already strictly varsity.
With Orem leaving so will the girls. Let’s not act like Pikeville was top 3 year in and year out prior to Orem arriving.
(04-15-2024, 11:24 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote: With Orem leaving so will the girls. Let’s not act like Pikeville was top 3 year in and year out prior to Orem arriving.

From what's being discussed, the girls leave if she stays. This is just hear say.
What’s going on? Hard to run someone out when they’ve won region every year if she’s done nothing wrong. Mad parents isn’t a reason to run someone out if they are winning
It’s the new way. Parents run the show.
(04-15-2024, 11:08 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: JV is JV, not taken very seriously.  Undefeated JV teams?  Wow
LOL are you new to sports? The girls waiting their turn behind these great Pikeville teams are very good.
(04-15-2024, 11:24 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote: With Orem leaving so will the girls. Let’s not act like Pikeville was top 3 year in and year out prior to Orem arriving.

Leave and go where? Don't count on it.
Yeah I’m kinda new.
(04-15-2024, 09:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Yeah I’m kinda new.

It's obvious. Stick around long enough and if you have any sense you'll learn something.
(04-15-2024, 08:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

She will not be coaching at Pikeville next year. This is a fact. Don’t see her just sitting at the house. She has had to much success in this region.
(04-15-2024, 09:45 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:

She will not be coaching at Pikeville next year. This is a fact. Don’t see her just sitting at the house. She has had to much success in this region.

I'm talking about the players not the coach.
(04-15-2024, 09:45 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:

If all this is true, i see her going back home to coach at Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDick's-n-Karl's's post:
  • Phs2004
I’ll eat crow from my earlier post

She won’t be at Pikeville.
Orem at paintsville would shock me. Rumors at Paintsville is it will be Dawn Kinner.
(04-16-2024, 10:17 AM)RTruth Wrote: I’ll eat crow from my earlier post

She won’t be at Pikeville.

Why do you say this?