Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Kentucky
(04-11-2024, 06:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:52 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Mark Pope has now entered the conversation.

If this happens I’ll never watch another Kentucky game again…

You lie !   You'll watch!

No sir no I will not. If this happens Mitch will be in big trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Today might be the day that brings me the closest to believing that there must be a God.

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for keeping him in Wacko, Texas!!!!

(04-11-2024, 06:50 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 06:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:52 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Mark Pope has now entered the conversation.

If this happens I’ll never watch another Kentucky game again…

You lie !   You'll watch!

No sir no I will not. If this happens Mitch will be in big trouble.
I agree. Mitch will probably be assaulted by someone if he hires Pope. And I'm not kidding.

Thumbnail(s)

I’m disappointed that Drew didn’t take the job, I pray we don’t wait on Donovan, that’s the worst decision !
(04-11-2024, 08:21 PM)rookie57 Wrote: I’m disappointed that Drew didn’t take the job, I pray we don’t wait on Donovan, that’s the worst decision !

Why do you think Donovan is the worst decision?
(04-11-2024, 08:28 PM)Westside Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 08:21 PM)rookie57 Wrote: I’m disappointed that Drew didn’t take the job, I pray we don’t wait on Donovan, that’s the worst decision !

Why do you think Donovan is the worst decision?
Because A, been out of the college game for 10 years, and B, mostly B, because we need a coach that can bring in some players since Ky is gonna lose everybody, Donovan can’t do that. Hurley is NOT gonna  come, I say go after Pearl now
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Van Hagar, Westside
Donovan still would be the best choice their is outside of him you have Pearl, Beard, Pope, Smart

Recruits will look at Donovan like “hey he’s been an NBA coach, he knows what it’ll take to get me to the next level”
  • Old School Hound
(04-11-2024, 09:39 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Donovan still would be the best choice their is outside of him you have Pearl, Beard, Pope, Smart

Recruits will look at Donovan like “hey he’s been an NBA coach, he knows what it’ll take to get me to the next level”

Absolutely right !!!!  Good players would scurry out of the portal to play for Donovan in LEX like ants for a big glob of Karo Syrup. He would build a good roster in a hurry.

Then there's this ....

Forrest Tucker
@ForrestTuckerTV
·
Follow
BREAKING

Sources close to Rick Pitino tell @ABC36News that the former Kentucky head coach is "very interested," in another stint at the helm to lead the Wildcats.

#BBN #NCAABasketball
8:02 PM · Apr 11, 2024

Some of you probably already know that Joe Craft's jet flew into NYC today and was on the ground for several hours at Laguardia.
Pitino wouldn’t be bad, for a few years then we’d be back at this. Pope,,, eh,,, not a horrible choice but not mine. I’d love oats but he ain’t coming, I say cut the crap and get pearl.
The right choice is to wait on Donovan. in the long run it would pay off. What kills me is everyone wanted Cal out and with the search they wanna it to be someone like Cal. Nobody is good enough for people. We probably gonna have a down year if Donovan gets the job but in the long run he will build it right back. Players will wanna play for him.
No on Slick Rick.
I’ve heard that Donovan has contacted several assistants just in case….

Come on Billy, let’s F’n do this. Woooooo Wooooooo Woooooooo Wooooooo Woooooo
(04-11-2024, 10:04 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: No on Slick Rick.

What about Slick Bruce?

(04-11-2024, 10:11 PM)HOld School Hound Wrote:

What about Slick Bruce?

He would be my second option if Donovan says no
(04-11-2024, 10:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
I would be good with Bruce Pearl or Rick Pitino. 

What about Slick Bruce?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you all even fathom KY vs Arkansas at Rupp next season with Pitino in Blue and Cal in Red?  That's Twilight Zone stuff!

(04-11-2024, 10:09 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: I’ve heard that Donovan has contacted several assistants just in case….

Doesn't his wife have family connections in Lexington?
(04-11-2024, 10:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can you all even fathom KY vs Arkansas at Rupp next season with Pitino in Blue and Cal in Red?  That's Twilight Zone stuff!

(04-11-2024, 10:09 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: I’ve heard that Donovan has contacted several assistants just in case….

That would be awesome especially if ky meats their butt
(04-11-2024, 10:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can you all even fathom KY vs Arkansas at Rupp next season with Pitino in Blue and Cal in Red?  That's Twilight Zone stuff!

Yes she does. She’s on board and I’m hearing he’s interested but he can’t do anything until Chicago is completely out of the playoffs. They have a play on game against the Hawks next Wednesday.
F’n Mark Pope. You’ve got to be F’n kidding me….
  • jetpilot
(04-11-2024, 05:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: UK wasting time and spending so much money going after coaches that were a hard no from the get go.  Explains why the program is where it is.

I agree 1000%. Not surprised in the least UK has turned this into a public relations disaster. Barnhart is a bigger clown than Calipari.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(04-11-2024, 10:38 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: F’n Mark Pope. You’ve got to be F’n kidding me….

YEP!!!!    You struck out!!!  We'll miss you .

(04-11-2024, 10:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: UK wasting time and spending so much money going after coaches that were a hard no from the get go.  Explains why the program is where it is.

I agree 1000%. Not surprised in the least UK has turned this into a public relations disaster. Barnhart is a bigger clown than Calipari.

Definitely agree with that statement. Don't care for him.

(04-11-2024, 10:38 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: F’n Mark Pope. You’ve got to be F’n kidding me….

I still say you'll be glued to your TV or computer watching Big Blue next season.   I'm losing more interest by the day. Might be time  for me to pick another team to root for. This whole ordeal has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth for UK athletics.

It should have been Billy. Can't believed Barney didn't even pick up the phone and talk to him. What a joker!!!
(04-11-2024, 10:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

YEP!!!!    You struck out!!!  We'll miss you .

(04-11-2024, 10:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Definitely agree with that statement. Don't care for him.

I still say you'll be glued to your TV or computer watching Big Blue next season.   I'm losing more interest by the day. Might be time  for me to pick another team to root for. This whole ordeal has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth for UK athletics.

It should have been Billy. Can't believed Barney didn't even pick up the phone and talk to him. What a joker!!!

not as much as you’d think…..I’m sick. This is complete bullshit. Damnit Mitch
If this is the direction we are going, we may think it is the wrong hire and I think most of us feel this way. However, we gotta hope he comes in and just makes us all eat our words.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluecat's post:
  • Cactus Jack, jetpilot
Mark Pope was my favorite player on the 96 team. He is a good coach now. However, he is not ready for UK yet, he needs a few more seasons of experience. I hope he does well, and I will root for him.
I hope this does not turn into a Matt Doroghty (sp?) situation at UNC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He was roommates with Jeff Sheppard for 2 years. Does this mean we get year two of Reed Sheppard?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
UK may be joining Indiana in former basketball powers who are now irrelevant.
Well, we didn't hire Chris Beard. So that's a plus.

I'll give Pope a chance and be watching. Hopefully he does well. I don't care if he's not the name we were hoping for now, as long as he ends up being the right choice in the end.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cactus Jack's post:
  • Bluecat, Jarons
RRinehart
@RRinehart2012
·
17m
Career NCAA tournament wins

Kansas Assistant Norm Roberts: 1

Kentucky Head Coach Mark Pope: 0
Why not wait Billy D out till next week?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I just have to get used to living in f@cking bizarro clown world. I would rather OSH pick the men's UK BB coach than Barnhart.
Hopefully they got Pope for $12.50/hour and he has to pay his own travel expenses...