Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky’s Next Coach, if Cal is out?

Please Mitch just go ahead and pull the trigger
Go after FAU’s coach or Mussellman or Nate Oaks
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-23-2024, 12:48 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Please Mitch just go ahead and pull the trigger

His seat is getting warmer.
(03-23-2024, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Go after FAU’s coach or Mussellman or Nate Oaks

is that the best UK can get?
(03-23-2024, 01:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Go after FAU’s coach or Mussellman or Nate Oaks

is that the best UK can get?

Kentucky can get anyone they want but Jay Wright seems happy being a television host now so I think he's out the question.  I seen some folks saying Brad Stevens.  I think there is zero chance he'll leave what he is doing to come back and coach college basketball.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • pjdoug
Plenty of excellent coaches out there. Blows my mind it's up to Barnhardt though. He should be getting fired too, he's the one who came up with the idiotic contract in the first place. So if he fires Cal and all those millions are owed he's basically admitting he's an idiot. I don't think he does it. Hope I'm wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • insideinfo, Westside
After last season Dusty May was in a much better position to get a big time job. Things have cooled off some now that he brought the same team back but ended up as an 8 seed that got bounced in the opener. If I remember correctly, they had to hit a buzzer beater or their opening round game was decided in the last ten seconds, otherwise they wouldn't even have advanced. But for that shot, we're probably not having this conversation, so the proposition that his run propelled him to this point seems to be dicey and not something that teams may be willing to risk it all on.

To be clear: he's going to get a promotion and get a job somewhere, but he had much more leverage at the end of last season.
I know they are longshots, I would not complain if UK went after Danny Hurley or Brad Stevens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Spud6
My top five would be.
Danny Hurley
Nate Oates
Jay Wright
Scott Drew
Todd Golden

Oaks has just signed a big extension. All three of those would be disasters.

Call Jay Wright and don't hang up until he has said yes.

(03-23-2024, 03:43 PM)Jarons Wrote: I know they are longshots, I would not complain if UK went after Danny Hurley or Brad Stevens.

Both are northeastern liberals, like Cal, especially Stevens. KY fans would hate them both when things got the least bit rocky. Kentucky needs to hire someone who is a better fit for this state, preferably someone who idolizes Jeffereson Davis and 45 .
I've heard numerous people speak of changing coaches and getting rid of Cal. BUT I've only heard one, out of literally hundreds of comments, allude to a political agenda.

Guess who that one is.
(03-23-2024, 04:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Sorry, you're oblivious to this disaster we are currently in that has been going on for years. So I doubt you are able to predict future disasters.

Jay Wright is not walking through that door.

UK will almost certainly f* this up. If they do fire Cal (which I doubt), they will do the search in a way that 20 people will turn the job down in a very public way and further embarrass the University.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(03-23-2024, 05:13 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I've heard numerous people speak of changing coaches and getting rid of Cal.  BUT I've only heard one, out of literally hundreds of comments, allude to a political agenda. 

Guess who that one is.

The one with political bain dramage?

(03-23-2024, 03:43 PM)Jarons Wrote: I know they are longshots, I would not complain if UK went after Danny Hurley or Brad Stevens.

Both are northeastern liberals, like Cal, especially Stevens. KY fans would hate them both when things got the least bit rocky. Kentucky needs to hire someone who is a better fit for this state, preferably someone who idolizes Jeffereson Davis and 45 .

Who gives a rat's a$$ if someone is liberal or conservative. It has nothing to with coaching ability or sports period. I just want my team(s) have the best coach leading the team. Calipari is not the best coach out there,  never was. However, he is one of the best recruiters ever. You're the only one that cares.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Westside
(03-23-2024, 05:13 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I've heard numerous people speak of changing coaches and getting rid of Cal.  BUT I've only heard one, out of literally hundreds of comments, allude to a political agenda. 

Guess who that one is?

[Image: https://t3.ftcdn.net/jpg/04/29/31/56/240...ogwPxq.jpg]
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...ik_Y6VvA&s]

(03-23-2024, 05:16 PM)Jarons Wrote:

Who gives a rat's a$$ if someone is liberal or conservative. It has nothing to with coaching ability or sports period. I just want my team(s) have the best coach leading the team. Calipari is not the best coach out there,  never was. However, he is one of the best recruiters ever. You're the only one that cares.

FAR, FAR from the only one that cares.
(03-23-2024, 05:16 PM)Jarons Wrote:

Exactly

Grant Peters

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/165...bigger.jpg]

@Real_GP
·
19h

The oldest bar in Lexington, Chevy Chase Inn, is now running a FireCal Shot promotion
(03-23-2024, 05:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Guess who that one is.

You supported sedition. I'm not the damaged one.  You don't have to be on one side or the other to support our Republic. Liz and I are a testament to that.  

I doubt that Barnhardt decides to move on from Cal, unless Cal indicates that he's ready to move on. If Cal wants to move on, and only then, will there be a change. At that point, call Jay Wright and make him an offer he can't refuse.

I'm now seeing some reports of people saying that Muss is difficult to work with-- kind of an abrasive personality to those within the program sometimes. There's also the worry that he's been in so many different places and doesn't stay more than a handful of years.

Also, Arkansas has one of the better endowments in the SEC (or at least they did as of a decade or so ago). It's my understanding that the Walton family (Wal-Mart) pours money into the school.
(03-23-2024, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 05:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Guess who that one is.

You supported sedition. I'm not the damaged one.  You don't have to be on one side or the other to support our Republic. Liz and I are a testament to that.  

I doubt that Barnhardt decides to move on from Cal, unless Cal indicates that he's ready to move on. If Cal wants to move on, and only then, will there be a change. At that point, call Jay Wright and make him an offer he can't refuse.

Either increase or decrease meds. Probably should try both.
One coaching search that I'm keeping an eye on is Michigan's. Hopefully they're desperate enough to make an offer from Cal and it helps UK with some of the buyout. Right now, it looks like there's support for bringing Beilein back.
Not looking it up but does Beilein have as many titles as Cal? And what is his salary?
UK can pay Cal $550K plus some change a month for 5 years instead of paying one lump sum of $33 Mil.

This could be another way out for UK
(03-23-2024, 06:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Not looking it up but does Beilein have as many titles as Cal? And what is his salary?

He has no national titles 

2 NCAA Final Fours
2 Big Ten Tourney Champs 

3.8 million salary
#BBFL
My bad I was thinking of Steve Fisher!

Fisher moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 1982 and took an assistant coaching job at the University of Michigan after having served as an assistant coach at Western Michigan University since 1979. In 1989, during the final week of the regular season, Michigan head coach Bill Frieder agreed to take the coaching job at Arizona State University beginning the next season. Frieder intended to coach Michigan through the end of the 1989 NCAA tournament. However, when he told athletic director Bo Schembechler of his intentions, Schembechler ordered Frieder to leave immediately and named Fisher as interim head coach. When announcing the promotion of Fisher, Schembechler famously said, "I don't want someone from Arizona State coaching the Michigan team. A Michigan man is going to coach Michigan."[3]

Initially, Fisher was not expected to retain the position after the season. However, Fisher led the Wolverines to an improbable NCAA championship that season, thanks to a strong performance by forward Glen Rice. Schembechler hired him as the school's permanent head coach a week after the championship game
(03-23-2024, 03:56 PM)insideinfo Wrote: My top five would be.
Danny Hurley
Nate Oates
Jay Wright
Scott Drew
Todd Golden

Oates wouldn't even be on my list. Hiring Hurley would be about the same as hiring Laettner. lol
(03-23-2024, 09:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 07:30 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: UK can pay Cal $550K plus some change a month for 5 years instead of paying one lump sum of $33 Mil.

Correct. I mentioned this earlier , as well.  Money will not be an issue if they really want him gone(which I doubt).

(03-23-2024, 09:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Danny Hurley
Nate Oates
Jay Wright
Scott Drew
Todd Golden

Oates wouldn't even be on my list. Hiring Hurley would be about the same as hiring Laettner. lol

Hey, that's an idea!!!  Talk about pissing off a bunch of hayseeds.  LOL

If we could somehow woo Mark Few out of Spokane, I MIGHT be able to remove my tongue from Cal's nutsack.

Of course, we've had mixed results with alcoholics. So, there's that...

I’ve not heard anything really other than Matt Jones/KSR but I wouldn’t be surprised if a decision isn’t made early next week. 

isn’t it odd that Cal really don’t have that many recruits for next season.  Wonder why? Maybe they know something we don’t yet?
(03-23-2024, 09:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 07:30 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: UK can pay Cal $550K plus some change a month for 5 years instead of paying one lump sum of $33 Mil.

Correct. I mentioned this earlier , as well.  Money will not be an issue if they really want him gone(which I doubt).

(03-23-2024, 09:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Danny Hurley
Nate Oates
Jay Wright
Scott Drew
Todd Golden

Hey, that's an idea!!!  Talk about pissing off a bunch of hayseeds.  LOL

If we could somehow woo Mark Few out of Spokane, I MIGHT be able to remove my tongue from Cal's nutsack.

Of course, we've had mixed results with alcoholics. So, there's that...
Don't know how much Few drinks and you don't either but Few has been to 9 straight Sweet 16s so if Cal stays maybe he needs to go on a long bender...and Cal's B@Lls@cK will never leave your chin
I wonder if Few was drunk when he demolished Cal the last 2 years, this year in Rupp
I don't care who he votes for you crazy goofball this is UK basketball
I want Pitino and I'm serious as polio...