Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Belfry (OPEN)
(03-13-2024, 02:46 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Will Kevin Deskins move over to the boys????
Lord let’s hope not.
Would Brody Justice be interested in returning to Pond Creek?
(03-13-2024, 02:46 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Will Kevin Deskins move over to the boys????
Lord let’s hope not.
One would hope the administration goes about this the right way. statewide posting.....ideally you want someone with HC experience and preferably a teacher. Someone who has experience in building a program the right way...
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(03-13-2024, 06:34 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: One would hope the administration goes about this the right way.  statewide posting.....ideally you want someone with HC experience and preferably a teacher.  Someone who has experience in building a program the right way...
Sad thing is there was not going to be an opening until Hagy resigned. They were not going to fire him. I’d say Deskins gets the job. Not saying thats who I would choose but I think that’s who it will be.
I WOULD GO AFTER CHASE PARSLEY PRESTONSBURG COACH. A YOUNG UPCOMING COACH AND HARD WORKER. HE WOULD BE A PERFECT FIT. PIRATE NATION LISTEN TO ME. HIRE THIS MAN.
(03-13-2024, 11:35 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: I WOULD GO AFTER CHASE PARSLEY PRESTONSBURG COACH. A YOUNG UPCOMING COACH AND HARD WORKER. HE WOULD BE A PERFECT FIT. PIRATE NATION LISTEN TO ME. HIRE THIS MAN.

He taking a job at a prison near Inez
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-13-2024, 07:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 06:34 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: One would hope the administration goes about this the right way.  statewide posting.....ideally you want someone with HC experience and preferably a teacher.  Someone who has experience in building a program the right way...
Sad thing is there was not going to be an opening until Hagy resigned. They were not going to fire him. I’d say Deskins gets the job. Not saying thats who I would choose but I think that’s who it will be.
Then they are in the same situation. Should have just left Hagy in the position.
(03-14-2024, 06:49 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 07:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Then they are in the same situation. Should have just left Hagy in the position.
Honestly Belfry should have named Deskins the coach when Thompson resigned and given the girls job to Matt Thornsberry. That may have kept his daughter at Belfry.
Hearing that former BLHS head coach and current PCC assistant, Derrick Newsome’s name is being thrown around for this position.
im hearing a lot of stupid stuff about candidates and how the job came open to begin with and i think its only to muddy up waters in case someone good applies and they blow it off AGAIN
(03-14-2024, 01:13 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: im hearing a lot of stupid stuff about candidates and how the job came open to begin with and i think its only to muddy up waters in case someone good applies and they blow it off AGAIN
How did you hear the job came open?
(03-14-2024, 10:27 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Hearing that former BLHS head coach and current PCC assistant, Derrick Newsome’s name is being thrown around for this position.

Derrick Newsome will be the head coach of Pike Central by May
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-14-2024, 02:06 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 10:27 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Hearing that former BLHS head coach and current PCC assistant, Derrick Newsome’s name is being thrown around for this position.

Even as a Belfry fan Newsome would be crazy to leave PC to take over the mess at Belfry. I’d stay as an assistant there before getting the head coach job at Belfry. You’re 6 feet under when you take the job and have to dig your way out just to get to ground level. PC may have the best roster in the region next year with what they return and everyone else loses.

If Ratliff steps down. But what if he doesn’t? Will Derrick stay on as an assistant?
Don’t forget, Rigdon has paid his dues on that bench waiting for his opportunity also.
(03-14-2024, 02:22 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:

If Ratliff steps down. But what if he doesn’t? Will Derrick stay on as an assistant?
Don’t forget, Rigdon has paid his dues on that bench waiting for his opportunity also.

I’m just going off what’s been said all year since Derrick agreed to be on the bench. If he’s not the head coach next year I’d be shocked.
#BBFL
(03-14-2024, 09:09 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 02:22 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:

I’m just going off what’s been said all year since Derrick agreed to be on the bench. If he’s not the head coach next year I’d be shocked.
If Newsome is hired anywhere, I'll be shocked, and it will be a mistake. His last season at Betsy Layne he had 8 players quit during the season. The guy has issues. If he is hired at PC or Belfry, there will be another mass exodus of players.
(03-12-2024, 12:52 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I’d call Rabbit Thompson at Tug Valley and see if he’d be interested in the position. He’s won where he’s coached. Probably wouldn’t be interested but it’s worth a phone call
he has it made where hes at won his third title today should have a easy road to the tournament every year with the new classes over there....... mightave taken it five six years ago but ships sailed now
(03-17-2024, 05:48 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 12:52 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I’d call Rabbit Thompson at Tug Valley and see if he’d be interested in the position. He’s won where he’s coached. Probably wouldn’t be interested but it’s worth a phone call
he has it made where hes at won his third title today should have a easy road to the tournament every year with the new classes over there....... mightave taken it five six years ago but ships sailed now
I agree easy road to state tournament, pike central beat tug by 30. So why leave that pretty good situation for a dumpster fire
(03-17-2024, 10:33 AM)Truewords Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 05:48 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
I agree easy road to state tournament, pike central beat tug by 30. So why leave that pretty good situation for a dumpster fire
Martin County beat them too at the Williamson Fieldhouse. Floyd Central beat them in the preseason scrimmage at Martin County. They would have been around the 7-8 best team in the 15th region.
lets be fair to tug they lost their best player before the season and only had one senior on that team they have a real chance to win one or two more in the next two years
The rumors surrounding this job and how they’re hiring the coach is as ridiculous and conspiracy theorist as I have ever heard in the mountains.
(03-17-2024, 07:25 PM)RTruth Wrote: The rumors surrounding this job and how they’re hiring the coach is as ridiculous and conspiracy theorist as I have ever heard in the mountains.
let us hear it 
i thought it was a bad look from the start to post it but not actually treach out to anybody n try to bring a coach in
(03-17-2024, 10:57 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 07:25 PM)RTruth Wrote: The rumors surrounding this job and how they’re hiring the coach is as ridiculous and conspiracy theorist as I have ever heard in the mountains.
let us hear it 
i thought it was a bad look from the start to post it but not actually treach out to anybody n try to bring a coach in

Thats one thing. People acting like this is a top job in the state.

Wild
(03-17-2024, 11:16 PM)RTruth Wrote:
let us hear it 

Wild
i havent heard that but i did hear from a coach at a championship school that it would be the exact type of job he would take if it was not such a drive for him........... with that said its a big hill to climb
Just curious because I don't know much about the region over that way but is this job even good? They was 10-22 last season and 2-13 in their region, am I missing something?
(03-19-2024, 10:26 AM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: Just curious because I don't know much about the region over that way but is this job even good? They was 10-22 last season and 2-13 in their region, am I missing something?
Use to be a good job. After Thompson decade of destruction and 2 years of Hagy it is now a bottom dwelling job in 15th and probably across the state.
(03-18-2024, 03:53 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 11:16 PM)RTruth Wrote:
let us hear it 

Wild
i havent heard that but i did hear from a coach at a championship school that it would be the exact type of job he would take if it was not such a drive for him........... with that said its a big hill to climb

Always an excuse or a "but" for some people. If he really wanted the job and Belfry was interested, I'm sure he could find a place closer to the school so that drive wouldn't be as much for himi.
(03-19-2024, 12:36 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Always an excuse or a "but" for some people. If he really wanted the job and Belfry was interested, I'm sure he could find a place closer to the school so that drive wouldn't be as much for himi.
and some people want to get on a forum and act like they have a clue about the work and family life of an unnamed coach at an unnamed program but keep saying stuff and some of it will be true eventually !
(03-20-2024, 01:39 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 12:36 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Always an excuse or a "but" for some people. If he really wanted the job and Belfry was interested, I'm sure he could find a place closer to the school so that drive wouldn't be as much for himi.
and some people want to get on a forum and act like they have a clue about the work and family life of an unnamed coach at an unnamed program but keep saying stuff and some of it will be true eventually !

And some people love to get on a forum and act like insiders saying they heard this, or heard that but never come out with names. Again, always an excuse or a "but" for some people.