• 18(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
This has turned into a big shit show.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Before firing Brewer I’d probably made sure I had my man. Now they might end up worse than what they had with Brewer
(02-17-2024, 12:27 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Before firing Brewer I’d probably made sure I had my man. Now they might end up worse than what they had with Brewer
They thought they did from what I heard.  But it didn’t pan out. Now they are scrambling to fill the position
Hire someone who wants to be at Prestonsburg. Don’t hire someone you have to convince.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-17-2024, 08:32 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Hire someone who wants to be at Prestonsburg. Don’t hire someone you have to convince.
Thats a fact..If it just another stepping stone for them, they are not the right person for the job
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-17-2024, 08:32 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Hire someone who wants to be at Prestonsburg. Don’t hire someone you have to convince.
Who is that though?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Who would want it though? So far they’ve offered an alum and offered a long time assistant at Pikeville everything they had to offer and both turned it down.
(02-17-2024, 08:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
Who is that though?
There’s young coaches wanting an opportunity. 

I won’t name drop, but they just need an interview and fair shot.
(02-17-2024, 09:11 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
Who is that though?

Young coaches with high school experience?
(02-17-2024, 09:14 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 09:11 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
Who is that though?

Young coaches with high school experience?
Yes, as assistants. 

If they make a hire also and don’t retain Derek Newsome that’s a HUGE mistake. I think he deserves an interview at least, but he would be one of the most vital assets to the next HC. Kids love him and respect him. He’s already familiar with the current roster. He’s a very talented young coach also that is very flexible with his knowledge and understanding.
  • Blacksmith
I really think and Ive said it before, maybe it is time for a youngblood who really wants the job.. Someone passionate with some testicular fortitude...
They cant get their targets, ok thats a given... Just dont hire some middle of the road pee wee coach thats safe because the "folks" like him.. Seen that too many times in this county(and others)..
Who is that? Dont know...
  • BlackcatAlum
Honestly how many kids has this cost the city to lose? I know 1 who has definitely already left, and hearing rumors of a lot more jumping ship soon if they don’t hurry and figure something out….sad times for the Blackcat faithful!
(02-17-2024, 11:29 PM)Old_Trojan Wrote: Honestly how many kids has this cost the city to lose? I know 1 who has definitely already left, and hearing rumors of a lot more jumping ship soon if they don’t hurry and figure something out….sad times for the Blackcat faithful!
It doesn't look good as it stands right now.

I don't know if a coach is in place yet or not. I know they possibly interviewed someone recently, but I can't confirm that. 

Need to hire someone so they can hit the ground running. They're already working on being two months behind most programs with their off season strength and conditioning program.
  • Blacksmith
No one should be surprised this administration has botched this whole process. As someone who has been blackballed by them, something needs to be done from the top down or else Prestonsburg will never be relevant in anything. Too many “yes men” looking to get that next board position.
[-] The following 3 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Blacksmith, Redneck
(02-18-2024, 12:07 AM)BCF4L Wrote: No one should be surprised this administration has botched this whole process. As someone who has been blackballed by them, something needs to be done from the top down or else Prestonsburg will never be relevant in anything. Too many “yes men” looking to get that next board position.

So are you saying the principal's are behind this?  Who exactly are the yes men?
(02-18-2024, 12:07 AM)BCF4L Wrote: No one should be surprised this administration has botched this whole process. As someone who has been blackballed by them, something needs to be done from the top down or else Prestonsburg will never be relevant in anything. Too many “yes men” looking to get that next board position.

They threw everything and the kitchen sink at Sullivan. Had they landed him it would have been one of the biggest hires in mountain football ever. Then folks would have been praising them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-18-2024, 11:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

They threw everything and the kitchen sink at Sullivan. Had they landed him it would have been one of the biggest hires in mountain football ever. Then folks would have been praising them.
It seems that even through they threw everything they had at him still wasn’t that much. Floyd County pays less than the surrounding area schools when it comes to teacher pay and coaches. Pburg was going to have to get him close to 6 figure salary to come and they couldn’t come close
(02-18-2024, 01:34 AM)Westside Wrote:

So are you saying the principal's are behind this?  Who exactly are the yes men?

Well, yeah. They’re the ones that make the hire. This is the same group that pulled together a committee to hire the basketball coach, used that committee to interview then didn’t even have the respect to tell the committee who they hired. They found out AFTER the hire was made. The administration never even consulted with the committee after the interviews. 

Prestonsburg is a disaster right now. Of course they hate me because I don’t care what I say but it is what it is. Thankfully my son has one more year and we’re done with that place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • Westside
(02-18-2024, 11:34 AM)BCF4L Wrote:

Well, yeah. They’re the ones that make the hire. This is the same group that pulled together a committee to hire the basketball coach, used that committee to interview then didn’t even have the respect to tell the committee who they hired. They found out AFTER the hire was made. The administration never even consulted with the committee after the interviews. 

Prestonsburg is a disaster right now. Of course they hate me because I don’t care what I say but it is what it is. Thankfully my son has one more year and we’re done with that place.
No one has ever thought about Judging the people beHyden this situation.
I hate it for the kids. If Pburg does have another mass exodus of players, the ones trying to control everything will have no one to blame but themselves.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-18-2024, 01:44 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 11:34 AM)BCF4L Wrote:

No one has ever thought about Judging the people beHyden this situation.

If this is what’s happening then kudos to the administration and I’ll eat my words like a man. BUT this group also had a pretty stout group searching for basketball and they got tossed away when it mattered most. I hope they learned from that situation and actually let those around this town make the hire. And this is not saying the basketball hire was a bad one. Simply that the committee wasn’t used for the hire itself. Wanna make that clear. I have nothing but respect and love for Parsley.
(02-18-2024, 11:29 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

It seems that even through they threw everything they had at him still wasn’t that much. Floyd County pays less than the surrounding area schools when it comes to teacher pay and coaches. Pburg was going to have to get him close to 6 figure salary to come and they couldn’t come close
you know whats funny, they pay their substitute teachers less than Floyd co does. just a couple years ago it was still just $65 a day..
(02-18-2024, 07:35 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

you know whats funny, they pay their substitute teachers less than Floyd co does. just a couple years ago it was still just $65 a day..

Yeah Floyd County had all that COVID money the past 3 years and was paying retired teachers their daily rates they were making when they taught before retirement because they couldn’t find subs. I think that came to and end this year though. I’m not sure.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-18-2024, 09:42 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 07:35 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

Yeah Floyd County had all that COVID money the past 3 years and was paying retired teachers their daily rates they were making when they taught before retirement because they couldn’t find subs. I think that came to and end this year though. I’m not sure.
Yea and not to derail the thread but they still cant gets subs.. Ive found out that its a  harder to qualify these days and more hoops to jumps through. Plus subs have to pay for their own background checks now which total about $75 and a trip to Pikeville for the federal part.. Tons of paperwork.. I remember when it was a simple background check,  that they paid for and that was it.. I mean I get it and its our kids so its warranted but you cant require all that then offer so-so pay and expect everyone to bum-rush the doors wanting in
  • Spud6
Zach Botkins the defensive coordinator at Lawrence County is a name they should call asap. He’s been a big part of helping LC turn that program around the last 4 years. The guy is a great football mind and he’s ready to lead a program.

Spoiler alert! They did and he still stayed at Pikeville.
Is anyone really surprised that this is happening at PBURG?

They haven’t been able to get out of their own way in like 10-15 years, that’s when the decline began in all sports, except soccer.
Hearing a young and upcoming coach could be named soon !!!
If they hire the middle school coach from Inez
(02-19-2024, 10:23 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: If they hire the middle school coach from Inez
That would be a f*ing Pburg Classic.
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next