Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
(02-05-2024, 07:18 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 06:41 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 01:59 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Hearing he rejected
False
Your source?
I’m not revealing any of my sources. That’s never a good idea.

Your source is wrong. There has been no decision made. Could know something by the end of this week.

Prestonsburg teacher/track coach Clay Jamerson is running the weight room until a hire is made starting Wednesday.
(02-05-2024, 10:03 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
False
Your source?

Your source is wrong. There has been no decision made. Could know something by the end of this week.

Prestonsburg teacher/track coach Clay Jamerson is running the weight room until a hire is made starting Wednesday.
Have they conducted any other interviews besides Sullivan?
(02-05-2024, 10:12 PM)papabear02 Wrote: Have they conducted any other interviews besides Sullivan?
I’ve not been told, but to be fair, I haven’t asked either.
I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed, but the longer this plays out with Sullivan, the less likely he will become coach. I am glad someone has taken it upon themselves to get the weight room going. Lord knows we are already months behind everyone else. Hopefully we hear something this week.
(02-06-2024, 10:04 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed, but the longer this plays out with Sullivan, the less likely he will become coach. I am glad someone has taken it upon themselves to get the weight room going. Lord knows we are already months behind everyone else. Hopefully we hear something this week.
Not very good planning for the Principal if Sullivan declines and you haven’t conducted any interviews yet.  That puts you that much further behind.
(02-06-2024, 10:31 AM)papabear02 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 10:04 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed, but the longer this plays out with Sullivan, the less likely he will become coach. I am glad someone has taken it upon themselves to get the weight room going. Lord knows we are already months behind everyone else. Hopefully we hear something this week.
Not very good planning for the Principal if Sullivan declines and you haven’t conducted any interviews yet.  That puts you that much further behind.
They reached out to a ton of people but the only two with any interest were Sullivan and Burchett. 

Bad plan. If they don’t land Sullivan (I heard he was going to or had told them no) they’re setting the next HC up for failure. He’ll be viewed as a disappointment. They should’ve conducted interviews and had potential backup candidates.
(02-06-2024, 10:36 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
They reached out to a ton of people but the only two with any interest were Sullivan and Burchett. 

Bad plan. If they don’t land Sullivan (I heard he was going to or had told them no) they’re setting the next HC up for failure. He’ll be viewed as a disappointment. They should’ve conducted interviews and had potential backup candidates.
I dont think they reached out to a ton, I know of 3 that were not contacted yet that have experience and a definitely interested.  

I do agree what you said about backup candidates, that goes along with what I said in an earlier post about the principal not having any urgency and lack of interest in finding a candidate.  Hes dropping the ball putting less time between season prep and this hire.  Im sure kids want to get started.  

Its good that they are allowing Jamerson to get the players in the weight room but without any football structure its going to eventually start falling apart before it gets started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(02-06-2024, 10:50 AM)papabear02 Wrote:

I dont think they reached out to a ton, I know of 3 that were not contacted yet that have experience and a definitely interested.  

I do agree what you said about backup candidates, that goes along with what I said in an earlier post about the principal not having any urgency and lack of interest in finding a candidate.  Hes dropping the ball putting less time between season prep and this hire.  Im sure kids want to get started.  

Its good that they are allowing Jamerson to get the players in the weight room but without any football structure its going to eventually start falling apart before it gets started.
The people they reached out to I’m talking about didn’t apply. They went after some names.
(02-06-2024, 10:57 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 10:50 AM)papabear02 Wrote:

The people they reached out to I’m talking about didn’t apply. They went after some names.
oh ok.  I hope they make some decisions soon...Id say some kids will be leaving if a decision isn't made
If Sullivan turns it down that would be the top 2 candidates they wanted turning it down and 1 being an alum. Jordan Ray. Anyone ever figure out who the applicant was from Texas someone mentioned on here?
What “names” did they go after?

The rumors of them asking some really really good coaches is floating out there but I don’t believe them.
(02-06-2024, 12:43 PM)RTruth Wrote: What “names” did they go after?

The rumors of them asking some really really good coaches is floating out there but I don’t believe them.
I will say this- a few names have been mentioned in this thread.
(02-05-2024, 10:03 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
False
Your source?

With Clay Jamerson running the weight room, I think this post means that Nick Jamerson of Sundy Best is retiring from performing, coming back to teach music at PHS and will be the new head football coach. That is the only possibility at this point.
This process has turned into a cluster f wrapped around a monkey f
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999, waughdaddy59
(02-06-2024, 01:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This process has turned into a cluster f wrapped around a monkey f
This process has been exactly that, a process and for the right reasons. 

This thread has been the cluster. Lots of assumptions, rumors, and misinformation, which is to be expected with a message board.

Should have some news hopefully by the end of the week and at the latest next week.
^^^Have to disagree. Poorly handled by Prestonsburg admin. And if the Prestonsburg program ends up no better off than they were, this tread is the very last reason why.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • HowBoutThemBlackcats, papabear02, waughdaddy59
I don't know about Pburg, but as a whole, the Floyd County Schools is a cluster. I don't know if Pburg is a microcosm of that, but I figure being a part of FCS doesn't help.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Explorer, papabear02
(02-06-2024, 03:59 PM)Westside Wrote: I don't know about Pburg, but as a whole, the Floyd County Schools is a cluster.  I don't know if Pburg is a microcosm of that, but I figure being a part of FCS doesn't help.
I would have to totally agree with that.  Unfortunately Floyd county has always been behind the 8ball in athletics compared to the surrounding counties (hence the reason why kids leave to surrounding counties, and not in county) 

The longer this process takes, the more impatient people get.  again, I dont understand how they can hire a coach especially not doing interviews and having a backup plan.
(02-06-2024, 11:26 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: If Sullivan turns it down that would be the top 2 candidates they wanted turning it down and 1 being an alum. Jordan Ray. Anyone ever figure out who the applicant was from Texas someone mentioned on here?
Jordan has all ready taken his name out of the hat .  Staying at GRC.
(02-06-2024, 04:45 PM)yellowstone Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 11:26 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: If Sullivan turns it down that would be the top 2 candidates they wanted turning it down and 1 being an alum. Jordan Ray. Anyone ever figure out who the applicant was from Texas someone mentioned on here?
Jordan has all ready taken his name out of the hat .  Staying at GRC.
I know. That’s why I said top 2 candidates turned it down. My understanding on here is Ray was option 1. Turned it down then Sullivan became option 1.
(02-06-2024, 02:13 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 01:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This process has turned into a cluster f wrapped around a monkey f

This thread has been the cluster. Lots of assumptions, rumors, and misinformation, which is to be expected with a message board.

Should have some news hopefully by the end of the week and at the latest next week.
They could’ve interviewed backups and waited for Paul at the same time.
(02-06-2024, 05:32 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

Maybe they have. I honestly don’t know.
(02-06-2024, 06:40 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 05:32 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

Maybe they have. I honestly don’t know.
They have not
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
when the new school in johnson county opens then how many kids leave Pburg?
He said no
You left out what the monkey was trying to f*ck.

My bad, the ol saying is "a football," ironically.
Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-06-2024, 07:37 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: He said no
Actually, I am hearing he has a interview today. We should know something regarding Sullivan by the end of the week. If he turns the job down, I don't know where we go from here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote:
Actually, I am hearing he has an interview today. We should know something regarding Sullivan by the end of the week. If he turns the job down, I don't know where we go from here.
So did he say no or not? Doesn’t sound like he’d be interviewing if he said no.
(02-06-2024, 07:29 PM)Sports72 Wrote: when the new school in johnson county opens then how many kids leave Pburg?

johnson central splitting or just getting a new school building?
(02-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote:
Actually, I am hearing he has a interview today. We should know something regarding Sullivan by the end of the week. If he turns the job down, I don't know where we go from here.

LOL
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next