Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2024
(11-24-2023, 02:49 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 10:58 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 08:30 PM)Hatz Wrote: How many starters do the Hounds lose?  Their QB and one or two targets are back, aren’t they?  They had a great Line. How many return?
The Hounds are loaded next season and are expected to win the 4A State Championship.
Don't they lost most of their offense and defense

Corbin will have lots of shoes to fill for next season. I was thinking I can't believe some of these kids were seniors already. The one thing that Corbin will have coming back is the QB, some very nice receivers.
Corbin will have the talent to compete but not the coaches needed to win Region. I’m afraid unless coaching changes happen immediately we are all gonna get to watch us win district again and that’ll be the highlight. Past three years Corbin has had unbelievable talent and I’m not sure we will ever see that much talent at Corbin again. Someone dropped the ball past three seasons as we should’ve had two state championships in past three years. TIME FOR CHANGE CORBIN..
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
Corbin needs to wipe the hard drive and start over. It's a bitter pill to swallow but keep doing the same thing and keep getting the same results. When previous coach tried to do just that he was met with a wall of resistance. Some problems and dead weight needed to go but the locals got offended because he was taking steps to get out of the same old cycle. For Corbin to break through the ceiling, they need someone who isn't going to be obligated to take stroke everyone. Two All-Americans move into town and people get offended because some homeboys were displaced. What happens? Nobody is going 2-ways so that everyone is getting time on the field. If you're a decent player and you don't want to be a backup or play out of position, you transfer to the County to the East. To keep from losing kids then find a spot regardless of the liability they become. Where has that gotten Corbin in the last 10 to 40 years? Where has it gotten the old coach who stepped out of the cage and made the necessary changes in personnel around him and changing the personnel on the field to the best at every position? The answers are right in front of everyone but nobody wants to accept them.
[-] The following 6 users Like Cappy's post:
  • bcpc, Belichick, Bull got out!, Cowboy42, HighViz, TD Hounds
A very interesting dynamic could possibly come into play in a couple of years. I noticed this same thing happen when Lexington Catholic was in the same district as Boyle. Players will lose interest in attending those school districts where the team cannot get out of the district/region.
Corbin needs Doug Charles from LCA
…. He is just as good or better at wasting generational talent than GREER ….
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Shogun, Walt Longmire
Bump
(12-23-2023, 10:45 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Bump
Hurdle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cappy's post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(12-27-2023, 08:22 PM)Cappy Wrote:
(12-23-2023, 10:45 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Bump
Hurdle.
Couldn’t you have came up with something else, that’s just bad memories….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Granny Bear
26-2 the past two years. Tommy sure sucks at coaching. What planet are some of you guys from? Boyle has barely beat them the past two years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Hatz
(12-28-2023, 11:14 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: 26-2 the past two years.  Tommy sure sucks at coaching.    What planet are some of you guys from?  Boyle has barely beat them the past two years.

Corbin’s 2-0 the last two years against Boyle with moral victories.
[-] The following 4 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Hatz, TD Hounds
(12-28-2023, 11:14 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: 26-2 the past two years.  Tommy sure sucks at coaching.    What planet are some of you guys from?  Boyle has barely beat them the past two years.
That schedule though. The kids on his roster the last 2 years.   The usage of 2 4star kids one way.  

He puts on a good show for the home crowd. He has never won a championship besides as a asst under dud. Is he a bad coach? No.  Is he a great head coach? Also No.
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Talent pool is drying up, mostly because of Greer and the way he’s ran things, the next narrative once the losing starts is gonna be how we couldn’t be happy with what we had….Thing is we where happy with what we had it just wasn’t Greer and his minions….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
How many Championships do you boys have coaching?
Your assessment in 2nd sentence is correct..Don’t you love when you get beat and you get to use the words barely beat? It’s the same thing but just rolls off your tongue a lil differently huh. Just know this you better hope Boyle doesn’t play Corbin next season because barely won’t be the word you’re looking for in the dictionary I promise. When you gotta 5’8” 160 lb kid ( Q ) dragging 4 star players six-seven yards into endzone for the Touchdown you shouldn’t be using big words like barely because in two straight failed attempts Corbin barely missed winning State and barely missed Region Championship. I feel pretty certain that Corbin would have won Region Runnerup without the two 4 star players. Is Elam even playing football next season is the question? Hearing he might be focused on baseball only..
Oh yeah, love your big use of words Cowboy. Probably never played a down.
(12-28-2023, 03:32 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Oh yeah, love your big use of words Cowboy.  Probably never played a down.
December 6th 2002…I’m going to ask you straight up question ok? Do you want to watch Boyle and Corbin play next season or was it just growing pains last two years?
Personally I’d like to see two other teams that don’t recruit like hell play for the championship. Boyle has it easily right now. BUT who wouldn’t want to play for Justin Haddix? Those kids train like gladiators and it shows. Can’t be jealous of them for getting kids in there that want to be the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Cowboy42
(12-28-2023, 04:14 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Personally I’d like to see two other teams that don’t recruit like hell play for the championship.  Boyle has it easily right now.  BUT who wouldn’t want to play for Justin Haddix?  Those kids train like gladiators and it shows.  Can’t be jealous of them for getting kids in there that want to be the best.
4A is a one horse race next season and everyone else is playing for Runnerup.. Haddix will have five 4A state Championship rings in a row. Had Haddix been left alone to coach the Hounds while here then Corbin would have a minimum of two state championships. A lot of people don’t like hearing that but the truth is the truth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-28-2023, 03:15 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Your assessment in 2nd sentence is correct..Don’t you love when you get beat and you get to use the words barely beat? It’s the same thing but just rolls off your tongue a lil differently huh. Just know this you better hope Boyle doesn’t play Corbin next season because barely won’t be the word you’re looking for in the dictionary I promise. When you gotta 5’8” 160 lb kid ( Q ) dragging 4 star players six-seven yards into endzone for the Touchdown you shouldn’t be using big words like barely because in two straight failed attempts Corbin barely missed winning State and barely missed Region Championship. I feel pretty certain that Corbin would have won Region Runnerup without the two 4 star players. Is Elam even playing football next season is the question? Hearing he might be focused on baseball only..

My phone has blown up for over a week about this rumor... Smile Thats only half of whats being said....
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz
(12-28-2023, 12:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent pool is drying up, mostly because of Greer and the way he’s ran things, the next narrative once the losing starts is gonna be how we couldn’t be happy with what we had….Thing is we where happy with what we had it just wasn’t Greer and his minions….
TD Hounds do you honestly think Greer stays around for the losing part you mentioned ( as Head Coach )?? I could see him stepping down to the Defensive Coordinator but he’d need his ole pal Moonya Mills to take those losses as Head Coach wouldn’t you think?
(12-29-2023, 12:31 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 12:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent pool is drying up, mostly because of Greer and the way he’s ran things, the next narrative once the losing starts is gonna be how we couldn’t be happy with what we had….Thing is we where happy with what we had it just wasn’t Greer and his minions….
TD Hounds do you honestly think Greer stays around for the losing part you mentioned ( as Head Coach )?? I could see him stepping down to the Defensive Coordinator but he’d need his ole pal Moonya Mills to take those losses as Head Coach wouldn’t you think?
Woah
He absolutely isn’t gonna stick around without help from the transfer portal to bolster some spots along both sides of the line….Imo he’s gonna wait till it’s to late to hire a coach (late summer) and step down and leave either Full Moon or Elam as a interim for the season….I actually see it being Elam who’ll shoulder the losses….Either way the program will be a shell of what it was when he took over and by the time we get around to actually hiring another coach it’s not gonna be near as attractive as it’s been recently….It’s took longer for him to dismantle what Haddix had built back than I thought but between him and a certain middle school coach we’ve lost a boat load of talent and it’ll take a big time splash hire to start getting the talent back and contrary to what most people think Haddix ain’t walking through that door and if he did he’d want complete control and a completely new staff, which I don’t see them ever agreeing to…
A question that’s on my mind….. Did the Smith twins offer to play both ways or was DEFENSE ONLY, in the contract?
(12-29-2023, 12:53 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
He absolutely isn’t gonna stick around without help from the transfer portal to bolster some spots along both sides of the line….Imo he’s gonna wait till it’s to late to hire a coach (late summer) and step down and leave either Full Moon or Elam as a interim for the season….I actually see it being Elam who’ll shoulder the losses….Either way the program will be a shell of what it was when he took over and by the time we get around to actually hiring another coach it’s not gonna be near as attractive as it’s been recently….It’s took longer for him to dismantle what Haddix had built back than I thought but between him and a certain middle school coach we’ve lost a boat load of talent and it’ll take a big time splash hire to start getting the talent back and contrary to what most people think Haddix ain’t walking through that door and if he did he’d want complete control and a completely new staff, which I don’t see them ever agreeing to…
That’s the most logical and well spoken agenda that I’ve heard on subject period. Thank you for your humble opinion and much respect for being honest….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • TD Hounds
The QB from Woodford is Andrew Nason, he rushed and passed for 220 yards. ??? is, is he better than Murphy who is already at Boyle. Whoever gets the job has no excuses with the weapons around them.
Again……Did the Smith Twins offer to play on both sides of the ball or was ONE WAY part of the agreement? Come on guys, let the truth out.
Idk but I’d say they were up front and said defense only. About like football mercenaries.
(12-29-2023, 10:32 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Again……Did the Smith Twins offer to play on both sides of the ball or was ONE WAY part of the agreement?  Come on guys, let the truth out.

I was talking to a Corbin parent just after the Boyle game and that topic came up about not playing those boys both ways. What he told me was the boys was begging to help on offense and one was right in Greers ear asking to go in to get yardage on a 4th down. Now this came from players on the sideline to parents. I have no way to know if that was true so if that is true then it sounds like to me there was no contract and sounds like to me it was just ultimately Greers decision to either play them on offense or just defense. Now if I personally would have had those boys in packages ready all season long if need be for key situations. Be awful hard to stop one of those dudes for a couple of yards and imagine trying to block one with a full head of steam if he was in front of a runner.

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJwvQfraY8]
Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(12-29-2023, 12:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJwvQfraY8]
Smile
Big Grin

(12-29-2023, 10:32 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Again……Did the Smith Twins offer to play on both sides of the ball or was ONE WAY part of the agreement?  Come on guys, let the truth out.
If I honestly knew the truth I would tell you, all I can honestly say is one should have absolutely been playing at least a tight end spot and another along the OL but that just me…Having one at tight end and the other as a blocking back or power back would have been insane…