Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 60- Wolfe 58
I’m just going to keep my mouth shut I may give sportster a aneurism
Tonight was a fine example of what buddy ball will get instead of playing team ball and that is on the Coaches.
Be careful Mr. Wilson. You will piss off night train aka sportster
It doesn’t matter to me, I don’t like motorcycles anyway .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr.Wilson's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Bobcats on their worst night still beat the wolves. Scary to think of what might happen when they’re on their A game. Needless to say the bobcats will stay atop the 55th this year. Oh yeah and Wolfe county will win crybabies of the year from WeElite for sure. Get jaxon Hamilton and Austin sperry in their flow and it’s gonna be a tough out for anybody in the 14th. Their connection on the court is unbelievable just didn’t execute tonight
That’s an unbelievable take badger. You have the basketball IQ of a toddler. Hazard beats Wolfe by 30 and breathitt beats Wolfe by two at home. Take off the blinders and call it what it is. Breathitt needs to improve drastically to get back to rupp. Only thing positive this year is the 14th is probably the weakest I’ve ever seen it.
(12-20-2023, 02:12 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: That’s an unbelievable take badger. You have the basketball IQ of a toddler. Hazard beats Wolfe by 30 and breathitt beats Wolfe by two at home. Take off the blinders and call it what it is. Breathitt needs to improve drastically to get back to rupp. Only thing positive this year is the 14th is probably the weakest I’ve ever seen it.
The unbelievable take is you taking a team that played great against a team and another team tonight that played mediocre at best and still beat them. Breathitt didn’t make plays they have made all year but one game they play bad and all of the sudden they need drastic changes? You my friend have no basketball IQ and you’ve found any reason to hate on breathitt for years.

(12-20-2023, 02:12 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: That’s an unbelievable take badger. You have the basketball IQ of a toddler. Hazard beats Wolfe by 30 and breathitt beats Wolfe by two at home. Take off the blinders and call it what it is. Breathitt needs to improve drastically to get back to rupp. Only thing positive this year is the 14th is probably the weakest I’ve ever seen it.
They have played and beat teams that would beat wolfe 40 as in Martin county and madisonville north Hopkins, rivalry games are way different than you could ever imagine when it comes to emotions and intensity.
(12-20-2023, 01:42 AM)Badger Wrote: Bobcats on their worst night still beat the wolves. Scary to think of what might happen when they’re on their A game. Needless to say the bobcats will stay atop the 55th this year. Oh yeah and Wolfe county will win crybabies of the year from WeElite for sure. Get jaxon Hamilton and Austin sperry in their flow and it’s gonna be a tough out for anybody in the 14th. Their connection on the court is unbelievable just didn’t execute tonight
Really surprised by this. I thought for sure Breathitt would win big going away.
Both teams missed a lot of open shots. Breathitt could not get the 3 to fall. Flinchum kept Wolfe in the game with his 6 or 7 3 pointers. 2 observations I took from being at the game….

1. Breathitt does not have above average players to come off the bench

2. Breathitt better find an offense to work against a zone or they will go home quick come post season
Worst night shooting 
Worst night guarding 
big district game 
Still won
Says a lot
Perry looks like the best team in the region after watching most of that game. Breathitt and some others have a shot, but they lost a lot from last season.
Badger, if you think Hamilton & Sperry can win the 14th region by themselves and their selfish buddy ball, I agree with mountain parkway, you have the mentality of a toddler. Hamilton has scored in the single digits almost every game. Sperry shoots his arm off. By the way most likely if Terry hadn’t of had a good game we would have lost. Buddy ball doesn’t win games. However I agree with you Badger it’s the Hamilton & Sperry show. Lol
I agree parkway, that was a pathetic display of basketball. Sadly, Flinchum was the best player on the court in this game. Breathitt got nothing out of Gross last night and he had a significant height advantage. Wolfe left Hamilton open all night but couldn’t get nothing to fall.

Right now Breathitt is bad defensively and they struggle to score in the halfcourt. Hopefully Honeycutt can get em going in the right direction
it was a good game, breathitt may have overlooked wolfe, but its clear breathitt is by far the better team
Rivalry games are unpredictable, and it's easy to play down to your competition when Wolfe has struggled all year. Make no mistakes, this is Wolfe's yearly super bowl, and they always seem to play their best against the Bobcats. I agree, Breathitt needs to share the ball more and get back to playing team basketball. Breathitt has the pieces in place to play at Rupp once again, but they have to understand, "there is no ''I" in team! "
(12-20-2023, 11:48 AM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Worst night shooting 
Worst night guarding 
big district game 
Still won
Says a lot
That’s what I’m saying

(12-20-2023, 01:40 PM)Night Train Wrote: I agree parkway, that was a pathetic display of basketball. Sadly, Flinchum was the best player on the court in this game.  Breathitt got nothing out of Gross last night and he had a significant height advantage. Wolfe left Hamilton open all night but couldn’t get nothing to fall.

Right now Breathitt is bad defensively and they struggle to score in the halfcourt. Hopefully Honeycutt can get em going in the right direction
How are you suppose to get something out of a kid when all you do is sit and shoot 3’s? Bad guard play always comes back to the big man not producing

(12-20-2023, 12:13 PM)Mr.Wilson Wrote: Badger,  if you think  Hamilton & Sperry can win the 14th region by themselves and their selfish buddy ball, I agree with mountain parkway, you have the mentality of a toddler. Hamilton has scored in the single digits almost every game. Sperry shoots his arm off. By the way most likely if Terry hadn’t of had a good game we would have lost. Buddy ball doesn’t win games. However I agree with you Badger it’s the Hamilton & Sperry show. Lol
It’s been perfect all season,they have one bad game and BGR goes wild. Bunch of basketball geniuses that judge a team off of one bad game. Yall don’t know half of what you think you do.

One bad game and BGR goes wild on the bobcats per usual. When they go on a big run and it’s “good game cats!” I’ll be here to shake yalls hand.
Breathitt only shot 18 three’s and one of those was by Gross. Wolfe shot 25. I don’t think it’s a great idea him shooting three’s and Honeycutt agrees because he took him out of the game for that shot. Gross needs to post up especially against the likes of Wolfe County. They look like Santa’s Elves out there compared to Breathitt

It’s a good thing Terry stepped up last night or Breathitt losses that game
Worst night guarding 
big district game 
Still won
Says a lot
Laughable.  Wolfe is horrible

Hazard is clearly the best team. Not close at the moment. PCC is second. Breathitt and Knott are tied at a distant third.
(12-20-2023, 04:13 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
Worst night guarding 
big district game 
Still won
Says a lot
Laughable.  Wolfe is horrible

Hazard is clearly the best team. Not close at the moment.  PCC is second.  Breathitt and Knott are tied at a distant third.
It is laughable but margin of victory means very little. Breathitt done enough to win the game it was never really in question who was gonna win.

Hazard hasn’t played anyone worth talking about so they clearly are on the outside looking in for now. That schedule is a joke.
Hazard is clearly not the best team by padding coach’s win total
Braxton Terry saved the day. Wish breathitt would’ve abused their mismatch more. Shots just don’t fall sometimes. Night Train is correct the W is all that matters. Anybody that’s seen Wolfe and breathitt games in past years know that all is set aside no matter what either team has done up to that point. 2019-2020 breathitt went 13-16 and Wolfe made the regional championship and their games still were played to the last possession one being decided by a game winner. One game does not define the bobcats, or the wolves for that matter.
Any truth to all the suspension rumors floating about on social media?
Breathitt really let me down.  Thought they were a lot better than they showed against Wolfe.
That’s what everyone said about the Bobcats last year. In the end there can be only one. Can anyone stop Sperry when it’s all on the line?
(12-22-2023, 12:21 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: That’s what everyone said about the Bobcats last year.  In the end there can be only one.  Can anyone stop Sperry when it’s all on the line?
Before the season I figured Breathitt would lose a few games early on. They kind of exceeded expectations for me but lately the players with little experience are stumbling a little, experienced players are trying to do too much to compensate for it and they are struggling at times. But as the season rolls on I think things smooth out and they will find their groove.
(12-22-2023, 12:21 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: That’s what everyone said about the Bobcats last year.  In the end there can be only one.  Can anyone stop Sperry when it’s all on the line?
You’re speaking some sense now Dukester

When it comes down to it fellas nobody has their identity 6 or 7 games in heck liable to not find it before the All A. When it’s February and the bobcats are coming up short I’ll be the first to say they ain’t what I thought they was. But right now they got some good wins under their belt and are playing some pretty good ball with the exception of GRC and Wolfe. Somebody tell parkway to make a Breathitt county sucks thread around Valentine’s Day and we will rendezvous then.
Oh badger ? Id be careful you may get what you wish for. This post may resurface I’ll keep this in the ol memory bank.

I’ll sure call it like I see it. If the bobcats are hammering alone I’ll praise them and if they stink you better bet I’ll say they suck.
Rivalry game and a young kid puts in a career high on your head, but Breathitt still wins.

I know there's a ton of Breathitt County doomers on here, but in my opinion a good team wins the games they should win but the better teams win the games they probably shouldn't win.

Breathitt closed out a team while they weren't playing their best and Wolfe showed they can still compete after Hazard put it on them pretty bad. This should be game where both teams look at the tape and just figure out what they need to work on.

Right now I think the trend is that Perry and Hazard are at the top and Breathitt and Knott just a notch below. But, I would like to remind everyone it is DECEMBER and no basketball teams are playing their best basketball at this point in the season. Breathitt did this last year and cut down the nets.

I don't think Hazard was very high on many people's list to start the season but they're for real. I've watched them a few times and they defend, pass and play like a team that will be in the mix come February/March. Their schedule is whatever at the moment but they handled Letcher just fine. We're a little more than a week away from Hazard vs Perry Central round 1.

Watching teams around here play basketball is fun when you don't get tore up about it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Night Train
(12-22-2023, 05:26 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Rivalry game and a young kid puts in a career high on your head, but Breathitt still wins.

I know there's a ton of Breathitt County doomers on here, but in my opinion a good team wins the games they should win but the better teams win the games they probably shouldn't win.

Breathitt closed out a team while they weren't playing their best and Wolfe showed they can still compete after Hazard put it on them pretty bad. This should be game where both teams look at the tape and just figure out what they need to work on.

Right now I think the trend is that Perry and Hazard are at the top and Breathitt and Knott just a notch below. But, I would like to remind everyone it is DECEMBER and no basketball teams are playing their best basketball at this point in the season. Breathitt did this last year and cut down the nets.

I don't think Hazard was very high on many people's list to start the season but they're for real. I've watched them a few times and they defend, pass and play like a team that will be in the mix come February/March. Their schedule is whatever at the moment but they handled Letcher just fine. We're a little more than a week away from Hazard vs Perry Central round 1.

Watching teams around here play basketball is fun when you don't get tore up about it!

Zaga it’s good to see you buddy!