Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
So, I've just finished my second cup of coffee and it's time for me to start my day.  I will be starting my holiday cooking in the next few minutes and I wanted to take some time out to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I would love to hear from all of you, some things you are thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for the ability to cook for my family and the promise that all of it will be devoured!!  LOVE cooking for prior football players, as they will eat anything!!  LOVE the addition of a second great grandson to be loved and nurtured.  LOVE to watch the first great grandson eat some of my Thanksgiving food!!  LOL   That child loves to eat!!!

And I am thankful for this diverse, loving BGR family!!!!

I sincerely wish every single one of you a glorious Thanksgiving!!!!
[-] The following 7 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Advicegiver74, Bull got out!, jetpilot, Old School Hound, papagrit, Spud6, TD Hounds
I'm thankful for 4 children all married and with good jobs to support themselves. 7 Healthy grandchildren (6 football players and 1 cheerleader). A loving wife and a job that has supported me my entire life. I'm thankful to have a nice roof over my head and live in a free country in the United States of America.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Spud6
Great post Rebel!! You certainly have a lot of things to be thankful for!!
(11-20-2023, 11:10 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: So, I've just finished my second cup of coffee and it's time for me to start my day.  I will be starting my holiday cooking in the next few minutes and I wanted to take some time out to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I would love to hear from all of you, some things you are thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for the ability to cook for my family and the promise that all of it will be devoured!!  LOVE cooking for prior football players, as they will eat anything!!  LOVE the addition of a second great grandson to be loved and nurtured.  LOVE to watch the first great grandson eat some of my Thanksgiving food!!  LOL   That child loves to eat!!!

I'm thankful that I'm here reading your post. I'm thankful that I've learned a lot and  traveled a lot since last year. I'm happy that I met great new friends including Mr. BullGotOut. I'm happy that I've been able to cook and feed hundreds of people this year and hope to do more of that. I'm happy to have the courage and confidence to  try things that I would have been afraid to try before.  I'm happy to have friends and family that inspire me. I'm thankful that I can talk trash on here to all you lovely people. lol. I wish every single one of you on here nothing but the best. Happy Thanksgiving.
[-] The following 5 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Granny Bear, jetpilot, papagrit
Thanks Granny, and happy thanksgiving to you and yours. As the old hymnal said, ( count your many blessings, see what God has done.) I am blessed beyond measure, way more than I deserve. Yes I’m thankful for family, health, kids, Grandkids, mom and dad still alive in their 80’s, a wonderful wife, but most of all I’m thankful that despite my daily failures, I see a Risen Savior.
[-] The following 3 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear, Patriot1, Spud6
All good things come from the Lord so I am thankful that He never gave up on me and gave me my son, daughter in law, grandchildren and an wife that has put up with me for all these years (51) and to have meet some of those posters on here and all my other family members and my brothers and sisters in Christ my savior love you all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Granny Bear, jetpilot, rookie57
(11-20-2023, 12:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 11:10 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: So, I've just finished my second cup of coffee and it's time for me to start my day.  I will be starting my holiday cooking in the next few minutes and I wanted to take some time out to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm thankful that I'm here reading your post. I'm thankful that I've learned a lot and  traveled a lot since last year. I'm happy that I met great new friends including Mr. BullGotOut. I'm happy that I've been able to cook and feed hundreds of people this year and hope to do more of that. I'm happy to have the courage and confidence to  try things that I would have been afraid to try before.  I'm happy to have friends and family that inspire me. I'm thankful that I can talk trash on here to all you lovely people. lol. I wish every single one of you on here nothing but the best. Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful you are here too sweetheart!!
Sounds like you are growing personally too, and I'm thankful for that!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Patriot1, pjdoug
(11-20-2023, 12:50 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Thanks Granny, and happy thanksgiving to you and yours. As the old hymnal said, ( count your many blessings, see what God has done.) I am blessed beyond measure, way more than I deserve. Yes I’m thankful for family, health, kids, Grandkids, mom and dad still alive in their 80’s, a wonderful wife, but most of all I’m thankful that despite my daily failures, I see a Risen Savior.

The line before that says "count your blessings name them one by one".  I believe that to be a great way of recognizing the great number of blessings we have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-20-2023, 01:04 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: All good things come from the Lord so I am thankful that He never gave up on me and gave me my son, daughter in law, grandchildren and an wife that has put up with me for all these years (51) and to have meet some of those posters on here and all my other family members and my brothers and sisters in Christ my savior love you all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Congratulations on your beautiful and successful life Patriot1!!!
Enjoy your  wonderful family this Thanksgiving!!
I'm thankful for the people in my life. For my family, who support me in every possible way. For my friends, whose companionship means more than I could ever tell them. I'm thankful for those presently with me and for those who impacted my life on the sunny slopes of long ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • Granny Bear
Like me, it appears that family is very important to you!! And lots of times special friends become just like family.
Thank you for sharing Red Eminence! I must say that last statement sounds like you're as old as I am!!
  • The Red Eminence
Happy Thanksgiving young lady I hope the lord blesses you and your family with the best Thanksgiving ever….I’m thankful to finally be healthy again, it’s taken a while and a good stubborn woman, almost as stubborn as me, to keep me on a healthy diet and make me take some time off work, 39 years and counting she’s been the glue holding everything together ….Blessed with two hard working sons and 5 grandchildren so thankful the Lord has seen to it that I get to spend a little more time with them….Thankful for so much it would be a long list but I really enjoy all the banter on here with the BGR family and I’m also happy to see my buddy Dougie do so well, God Bless You All…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1
Young lady?!!? Smile You flatter me!!
I'm thankful you have a long list of blessings TDHounds!!
I had worked 39 years and 2 days when I retired. Glad I did, too!! I can always finds things to do; and I'm thankful for that!
Your family sounds beautiful. Thank you for being a regular!!

Thank you, granny.  It will be the first Thanksgiving without my mother so it's gonna be very tough. No Thanksgiving this year for Old School. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and the same for everyone on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
I’m thankful for another year of back and forth with Jet….that little guy makes me laugh
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-20-2023, 01:26 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 12:50 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Thanks Granny, and happy thanksgiving to you and yours. As the old hymnal said, ( count your many blessings, see what God has done.) I am blessed beyond measure, way more than I deserve. Yes I’m thankful for family, health, kids, Grandkids, mom and dad still alive in their 80’s, a wonderful wife, but most of all I’m thankful that despite my daily failures, I see a Risen Savior.

The line before that says "count your blessings name them one by one".  I believe that to be a great way of recognizing the great number of blessings we have.
Amen

(11-20-2023, 03:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Thank you, granny.  It will be the first Thanksgiving without my mother so it's gonna be very tough. No Thanksgiving this year for Old School. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and the same for everyone on here.
Srry for your loss old school
(11-20-2023, 04:00 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

Amen

Appreciate it rook.  I'm thankful that I still have a team to root for in the football state championships--- Mayfield Cardinals, baby!!!!  Best program in history of KY HS football!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, rookie57

I feel you OSH.  This is my first Thanksgiving without my brother who was killed two days after Christmas last year.  He was always a HUGE holiday person, so his absence is really magnified.  I know that's nothing like losing a mother though.
If I was cooking at home this year, I would invite you to have dinner with us.  I've invited many folks over the years from this site, but never had anybody attend.
I truly hope you have a good Thanksgiving!!
(11-20-2023, 03:41 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’m thankful for another year of back and forth with Jet….that little guy makes me laugh

Little Jet makes everybody feel better!!
  • Big Five-0-

PJDOUG I appreciate you!!! I enjoy everytime we get to hang out! Thank You for the big meal you fed me! For those who don't know, this man is one of the best at preparing food I have seen. He makes alot of stuff! And a die hard Whitley County Fan!! Happy Thanksgiving to you PJ and all the BGR Nation. GrannyBear keeps me in line as well, so Happy Thanksgiving GrannyBear, Rebel55, OldSchoolHound, TDHound, JetPilot, Highviz,Cowboy42, North Laurel Fan.Waitaminute, Jack Lambert, 64SUR, SPUD, WESTSIDE, FCSPY, 16BBAll Fan, Nemo, Walt Longmire, RamDAD50, Rookie57, ROTC, Patriot1, Coach Haddix and Family (They treat me like Family) Smile FallRock, Corbin, Fansville, Deuce8, Hound05, Bossdaddy 4115, Know1, Knoxvillesfinest, Gridiron_RAID, Iggyfan, BECHARGERS, Smoke1015, Hatz, Old Guy, Woodshed, khalisimo, Glory_DAYS,True Pioneer, footballfan1999, Mysonis55, toolaidback, Rip/Spin, Tailback44, Rock Nation, hchs fan, Mr. Pike Central, The Sticky Bandit, #GoCougs, Cafe Mocha, Average Joe, CC117, Diablo, SmashMouth17, Rocksolid69, BobcatForever, AgentOrange, lcgrad2002, EKUAlum05, OutlawJoseyWales, Orange Blaze, Advicegiver74, Slic Ric, bac2369, ArmchairHC, Ram-A-Devil, BlackcatAlum, i82much, plantmanky, Belichik, Jamedeane, Humpty Dumpty, Zaga Fan, Gold River, NyGiantFan and all the ones I didn't put down, but just off the top of my head. I have got to meet alot of you in person. Some I have not. Maybe we can make it happen some time. But I try to get around to alot of different games. Im just a big fan of High School Football and I like talking to all of you. This is my favorite time of year for a couple of reasons. Enjoy the moment!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8, Granny Bear, Old School Hound, Patriot1, pjdoug
(11-20-2023, 04:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 04:00 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

Amen

Appreciate it rook.  I'm thankful that I still have a team to root for in the football state championships--- Mayfield Cardinals, baby!!!!  Best program in history of KY HS football!!!
Glad to have you on board, we are proud of our little school and our heritage and traditions. We been blessed with some awesome athletes and great coaches that hang around  to keep the program strong.

(11-20-2023, 05:18 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

I feel you OSH.  This is my first Thanksgiving without my brother who was killed two days after Christmas last year.  He was always a HUGE holiday person, so his absence is really magnified.  I know that's nothing like losing a mother though.
If I was cooking at home this year, I would invite you to have dinner with us.  I've invited many folks over the years from this site, but never had anybody attend.
Sorry for your loss to granny, I can’t even fathom the depth of that loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-20-2023, 05:18 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Thank you grandma, dynamite.. Smile  I kinda hate now that I wrote such a harsh response to your comment in my crazy rant thread. Maybe you shouldn't read it.  I often wish this site had a way for someone to go back in later on and edit a post.  LOL  But you know OSH, if it's on my mind I have to say it.  I am passionate, opinionated, and crazy , all in one !!!   As my mom would have said, "the cheese done slid off that boy's cracker." I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd. But most people wouldn't want me any other way. 

I so hate to hear about your brother, granny.  I feel so lost without my mom. She was always there with a special funny poem on my birthdays. I can't even imagine having Thanksgiving without her.   I hope you have a truly wonderful holiday season and the same for everyone who reads and participates on BGR.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
Don't fret any OSH. I said I was through with that thread and I am. So I'll never see it!!
Smile

My mom passed years ago, the week before Thanksgiving. We always meet and bring dishes so we can eat together. Mom's dish that she always brought was shuck beans. We haven't had them since she passed.
"PJDOUG I appreciate you!!! I enjoy everytime we get to hang out! Thank You for the big meal you fed me! For those who don't know, this man is one of the best at preparing food I have seen. He makes alot of stuff! And a die hard Whitley County Fan!! Happy Thanksgiving to you PJ and all the BGR Nation. GrannyBear keeps me in line as well, so Happy Thanksgiving GrannyBear, Rebel55, OldSchoolHound, TDHound, JetPilot, Highviz,Cowboy42, North Laurel Fan.Waitaminute, Jack Lambert, 64SUR, SPUD, WESTSIDE, FCSPY, 16BBAll Fan, Nemo, Walt Longmire, RamDAD50, Rookie57, ROTC, Patriot1, Coach Haddix and Family (They treat me like Family) Smile FallRock, Corbin, Fansville, Deuce8, Hound05, Bossdaddy 4115, Know1, Knoxvillesfinest, Gridiron_RAID, Iggyfan, BECHARGERS, Smoke1015, Hatz, Old Guy, Woodshed, khalisimo, Glory_DAYS,True Pioneer, footballfan1999, Mysonis55, toolaidback, Rip/Spin, Tailback44, Rock Nation, hchs fan, Mr. Pike Central, The Sticky Bandit, #GoCougs, Cafe Mocha, Average Joe, CC117, Diablo, SmashMouth17, Rocksolid69, BobcatForever, AgentOrange, lcgrad2002, EKUAlum05, OutlawJoseyWales, Orange Blaze, Advicegiver74, Slic Ric, bac2369, ArmchairHC, Ram-A-Devil, BlackcatAlum, i82much, plantmanky, Belichik, Jamedeane, Humpty Dumpty, Zaga Fan, Gold River, NyGiantFan and all the ones I didn't put down, but just off the top of my head. I have got to meet alot of you in person. Some I have not. Maybe we can make it happen some time. But I try to get around to alot of different games. Im just a big fan of High School Football and I like talking to all of you. This is my favorite time of year for a couple of reasons. Enjoy the moment!!!"

It's my favorite time of year too!!!
It's more and more rare that we all get together, so I'm really looking forward to it!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
I am thankful that my wife and I will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary this Friday. Don't know what I have done to make her want to stay with me this long. Her willingness to wait on me hand and foot after my surgery this summer and her patience when I took my frustration out on her is something that I can never repay her. Thankful for my 3 kids who are young adults that are creating their own path in life.
I enjoy the entertainment this site provides, especially during high school football season and it keeps me in the loop of what is happening in Kentucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like Jarons's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-20-2023, 05:19 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 03:41 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’m thankful for another year of back and forth with Jet….that little guy makes me laugh

Little Jet makes everybody feel better!!
And you can bet a large sack of money on that, lol!

(11-20-2023, 09:23 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: "PJDOUG I appreciate you!!! I enjoy everytime we get to hang out! Thank You for the big meal you fed me! For those who don't know, this man is one of the best at preparing food I have seen. He makes alot of stuff! And a die hard Whitley County Fan!! Happy Thanksgiving to you PJ and all the BGR Nation. GrannyBear keeps me in line as well, so Happy Thanksgiving GrannyBear, Rebel55, OldSchoolHound, TDHound, JetPilot, Highviz,Cowboy42, North Laurel Fan.Waitaminute, Jack Lambert, 64SUR, SPUD, WESTSIDE, FCSPY, 16BBAll Fan, Nemo, Walt Longmire, RamDAD50, Rookie57, ROTC, Patriot1, Coach Haddix and Family (They treat me like Family) Smile FallRock, Corbin, Fansville, Deuce8, Hound05, Bossdaddy 4115, Know1, Knoxvillesfinest, Gridiron_RAID, Iggyfan, BECHARGERS, Smoke1015, Hatz, Old Guy, Woodshed, khalisimo, Glory_DAYS,True Pioneer, footballfan1999, Mysonis55, toolaidback, Rip/Spin, Tailback44, Rock Nation, hchs fan, Mr. Pike Central, The Sticky Bandit, #GoCougs, Cafe Mocha, Average Joe, CC117, Diablo, SmashMouth17, Rocksolid69, BobcatForever, AgentOrange, lcgrad2002, EKUAlum05, OutlawJoseyWales, Orange Blaze, Advicegiver74, Slic Ric, bac2369, ArmchairHC, Ram-A-Devil, BlackcatAlum, i82much, plantmanky, Belichik, Jamedeane, Humpty Dumpty, Zaga Fan, Gold River, NyGiantFan and all the ones I didn't put down, but just off the top of my head. I have got to meet alot of you in person. Some I have not. Maybe we can make it happen some time. But I try to get around to alot of different games. Im just a big fan of High School Football and I like talking to all of you. This is my favorite time of year for a couple of reasons. Enjoy the moment!!!"

It's my favorite time of year too!!!
It's more and more rare that we all get together, so I'm really looking forward to it!!
I'm thankful for so many things in my life that come from the blessings of God. I'm thankful for my Wife (my best friend), Thankful for God above who has spared her life from the past two years when she was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and having to take chemo treatments for the past two years. Thankful for my daughter and grandchildren, as well as a great son in law. Thankful for this sight where we can make friends to agree and disagree with and always be friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
(11-20-2023, 05:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

PJDOUG I appreciate you!!! I enjoy everytime we get to hang out! Thank You for the big meal you fed me! For those who don't know, this man is one of the best at preparing food I have seen. He makes alot of stuff! And a die hard Whitley County Fan!! Happy Thanksgiving to you PJ and all the BGR Nation. GrannyBear keeps me in line as well, so Happy Thanksgiving GrannyBear, Rebel55, OldSchoolHound, TDHound, JetPilot, Highviz,Cowboy42, North Laurel Fan.Waitaminute, Jack Lambert, 64SUR, SPUD, WESTSIDE, FCSPY, 16BBAll Fan, Nemo, Walt Longmire, RamDAD50, Rookie57, ROTC, Patriot1, Coach Haddix and Family (They treat me like Family) Smile FallRock, Corbin, Fansville, Deuce8, Hound05, Bossdaddy 4115, Know1, Knoxvillesfinest, Gridiron_RAID, Iggyfan, BECHARGERS, Smoke1015, Hatz, Old Guy, Woodshed, khalisimo, Glory_DAYS,True Pioneer, footballfan1999, Mysonis55, toolaidback, Rip/Spin, Tailback44, Rock Nation, hchs fan, Mr. Pike Central, The Sticky Bandit, #GoCougs, Cafe Mocha, Average Joe, CC117, Diablo, SmashMouth17, Rocksolid69, BobcatForever, AgentOrange, lcgrad2002, EKUAlum05, OutlawJoseyWales, Orange Blaze, Advicegiver74, Slic Ric, bac2369, ArmchairHC, Ram-A-Devil, BlackcatAlum, i82much, plantmanky, Belichik, Jamedeane, Humpty Dumpty, Zaga Fan, Gold River, NyGiantFan and all the ones I didn't put down, but just off the top of my head. I have got to meet alot of you in person. Some I have not. Maybe we can make it happen some time. But I try to get around to alot of different games. Im just a big fan of High School Football and I like talking to all of you. This is my favorite time of year for a couple of reasons. Enjoy the moment!!!

I appreciate you more my friend, and I'm glad to know there's still good people like you in this world. if you run across any angry fans wanting to put a hit out on me, please tell them I'm nicer in person and ask them to show me mercy. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
(11-20-2023, 06:34 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Don't fret any OSH.  I said I was through with that thread and I am.  So I'll never see it!!
Smile

My mom passed years ago, the week before Thanksgiving.  We always meet and bring dishes so we can eat together.  Mom's dish that she always brought was shuck beans.  We haven't had them since she passed.

I love shuck beans. I'm sending you a cake recipe that I created.
If I can ever do anything for any of you don't hesitate to ask, and as long as I have something to eat you have an open invitation to eat with me. I'm serious as I can be. Even if you're a Rookie57 or a West Virginian in Belfry or a delusional Smashmouth from Mt. Vernon, take me up on it and come visit me Smile
(11-20-2023, 10:47 PM)Jarons Wrote: I am thankful that my wife and I will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary this Friday. Don't know what I have done to make her want to stay with me this long. Her willingness to wait on me hand and foot after my surgery this summer and her patience when I took my frustration out on her is something that I can never repay her. Thankful for my 3 kids who are young adults that are creating their own path in life.
I enjoy the entertainment this site provides, especially during high school football season and it keeps me in the loop of what is happening in Kentucky.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sounds like you have a beautiful and devoted family, Jarons.  Certainly something to be very thankful for!!
I enjoy your posts and very glad you are still here!!