Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 42 Sayre 27
Final from Sayre.
(11-18-2023, 12:05 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Final from Sayre.
This was an ugly game from start to finish.  The refs had no control at all and there were countless personal fouls on both sides.  I’m glad Raceland didn’t have any ejections.
Raceland did what Sayre has not been able to stop, and that’s being pound by a running team. I knew they’d play tough. But congrats Rams.
One paper tiger down one to go!
Was really surprised that a HC of Penningtons pedigree would allow a lot of the things that went on from the Sayre sideline. I can understand kids getting chippy. Happens all the time. I hold no ill feelings towards a kid who is playing in what could be his last football game EVER getting caught up in the moment. But when two players are nose to nose, one with his hands behind his back, and an opposing coach grabs him by the jersey and throws him down…pretty rough. The refs had no control until it got completely out of control and it could have gotten a lot worse.
There will be ramifications for the assistant coach from Sayre who did that egregious action. At the very minimum, he should be fired, if I’ve got a feeling he has much more to be worried about than just losing his coaching job. What an embarrassment to Sayre, and the KHSAA. That type of behavior cannot be tolerated
The kid flopped, but a coach should still never touch an opposing player at all unless he’s just trying to break up a fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • scrappy coco
(11-18-2023, 01:38 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m completely baffled. This is the biggest regional upset, imo, since Raceland was beaten by an incredibly young LCA team in 2008. Idk if you can call it an upset with Mayfields history. Either way I didn’t see a Mayfield win, let alone a blow out.

(11-18-2023, 01:57 AM)VoR_58 Wrote: The kid flopped, but a coach should still never touch an opposing player at all unless he’s just trying to break up a fight.

I agree he definitely flopped. I’m
Curious as to why he/they are on the field.
Flop or not, don’t touch an opposing player in that situation. He made no attempt to get between the players or get to his kids. First thing he did was grab the kid.

That being said 80% of the bull crap could have been avoided. The officials had ZERO control of the game from the beginning. They also awarded 3 catches to Sayre that were incompletions, 2 of which lead to touchdowns. They also missed 3 face masks by Sayre, a block in the back by Raceland, multiple late hits, helmet to helmet shots by both teams. It was one of, if not the worst, officiated games I’ve ever seen.
Ugly ugly ugly. Sayre scores on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 9 and 4th bad 11. Your defense played well enough to get your offense back on the filed so most coaches would put two safeties on the hashes and keep everything in front of the defense. Nope….not at Raceland. Bad coaching…can’t say it enough. This game should’ve never been close.
(11-18-2023, 02:14 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Flop or not, don’t touch an opposing player in that situation. He made no attempt to get between the players or get to his kids. First thing he did was grab the kid.

That being said 80% of the bull crap could have been avoided. The officials had ZERO control of the game from the beginning. They also awarded 3 catches to Sayre that were incompletions, 2 of which lead to touchdowns. They also missed 3 face masks by Sayre, a block in the back by Raceland, multiple late hits, helmet to helmet shots by both teams. It was one of, if not the worst, officiated games I’ve ever seen.

I agree you don’t touch the opposing teams player. Saw the video on D&D,and it looks like he touches the kid on the shoulder pad, and then it looks like he is slammed to field ( which he is not).

Where was these officials from?
Sayre kept it closer than I thought they would.
I have watched the video many times, the coached used his entire upper body and took him to the ground, If you watch his left foot, he tripped him at the same time. he should never coach. he didn't pull him back in any form, even though if he did, should not happen, pull your own kid back, the video shows exactly what he did!
Very physical game just what you would expect in the playoffs Raceland is a well coached disciplined team but sometimes to win you have to fight fire with fire & Racelands will to win won out. Carry on.
Is this Raceland’s year to got win it all?
[-] The following 1 user Likes AgentOrange's post:
  • Willie Nelson
O don’t think it was a flop. Look at his right ankle. It looks like the coach’s foot is against it and he rolls his ankle. I think he went to the ground to keep from messing up his ankle or he just flat out tripped. The player has no idea if it’s a coach, ref or another player behind him. It looks way worse than what it is because the Raceland player fell. Bad situation to be in if your a ref trying to make some extra spending money hahah

(11-18-2023, 09:54 AM)AgentOrange Wrote: Is this Raceland’s year to got win it all?
A championship caliber team doesn’t give up the big plays like Raceland does. End the end I believe that’s what will keep us from winning it all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Willie Nelson
(11-18-2023, 01:35 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Was really surprised that a HC of Penningtons pedigree would allow a lot of the things that went on from the Sayre sideline. I can understand kids getting chippy. Happens all the time. I hold no ill feelings towards a kid who is playing in what could be his last football game EVER getting caught up in the moment. But when two players are nose to nose, one with his hands behind his back, and an opposing coach grabs him by the jersey and throws him down…pretty rough. The refs had no control until it got completely out of control and it could have gotten a lot worse.
Sayre’s attitude reminded me of the McPeek Era Fairview teams.  They had talent but not a bit of poise.  Seeing the coach put hands on an opposing player showed me exactly where their attitude came from.  I was disappointed because I was expecting a program with more class than what we saw last night.  

As for the actual game, at this point we aren’t fixing the secondary with possibly just 2 weeks to play.  I liked the ground and pound game plan last night to keep their offense off the field.  If we get to play Pikeville again that is the only way to beat them.  Obviously we both have to take care of business this week too.  On another note, what were we thinking throwing the ball in the 4th quarter?  There was no reason for that pick 6 at the end of the game.
(11-18-2023, 01:35 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Was really surprised that a HC of Penningtons pedigree would allow a lot of the things that went on from the Sayre sideline. I can understand kids getting chippy. Happens all the time. I hold no ill feelings towards a kid who is playing in what could be his last football game EVER getting caught up in the moment. But when two players are nose to nose, one with his hands behind his back, and an opposing coach grabs him by the jersey and throws him down…pretty rough. The refs had no control until it got completely out of control and it could have gotten a lot worse.

You shouldnt be if you knew half the stuff the HC does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Ramcat77
(11-18-2023, 11:14 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
Sayre’s attitude reminded me of the McPeek Era Fairview teams.  They had talent but not a bit of poise.  Seeing the coach put hands on an opposing player showed me exactly where their attitude came from.  I was disappointed because I was expecting a program with more class than what we saw last night.  

As for the actual game, at this point we aren’t fixing the secondary with possibly just 2 weeks to play.  I liked the ground and pound game plan last night to keep their offense off the field.  If we get to play Pikeville again that is the only way to beat them.  Obviously we both have to take care of business this week too.  On another note, what were we thinking throwing the ball in the 4th quarter?  There was no reason for that pick 6 at the end of the game.
That pass didn’t surprise me out of Mike. I am surprised we played this game and he didn’t call the triple triple reverse throw back and back again center pass. Hahahah

(11-18-2023, 11:43 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:14 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

That pass didn’t surprise me out of Mike. I am surprised we played this game and he didn’t call the triple triple reverse throw back and back again center pass. Hahahah
But we did have the jump pass ….forgot about that hahah
(11-18-2023, 11:15 AM)plantmanky Wrote:

I heard all I needed to hear from him with his “don’t listen to the white trash on the other sideline” comment he made before the half.
(11-18-2023, 11:15 AM)plantmanky Wrote:

I know when Pennington first got there, he used a slimey; troll of a guy to go around and try to pick off talent from FCPS MS teams to play on some kind of “travel team” scenario.  I have no idea how many kids they got that way, exactly; BUT, I do know they got a few.

Probably not the only team in THIS GAME to implore similar type tactics.

Very, very few have the CLASS and HONOR to do it the “right way”…win-baby-win!!
RIP AL DAVIS
(11-18-2023, 07:13 AM)Westside Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100065648673154&story_fbid=681221517409465

I watched this dozens of times this morning. I paused, played, paused, played, etc.. for an hour or more trying to go frame by frame and tried to look at it objectively.  As the inertia from the coach first began pulling the young man to the right the player bends his right knee in an upward motion and goes down. (At that instant there was no foot or anything else that could've tripped him.) Would this be the normal reaction from someone trying to maintain their balance? Of course not...but...as others have said....the coach should have stepped between the players and not put his hands on anyone. This is lighting up social media right now which is unfortunate. This is a situation where both head coaches should handle this "in house' but now that will be impossible. Don't get me wrong, what the coach did was wrong and inexcusable but at the same time the young man should realize that his action made this situation a lot more offensive to the eye and will spark a wildfire in today's electronic age.
(11-18-2023, 12:13 PM)i82much Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 07:13 AM)Westside Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100065648673154&story_fbid=681221517409465

I watched this dozens of times this morning. I paused, played, paused, played, etc.. for an hour or more trying to go frame by frame and tried to look at it objectively.  As the inertia from the coach first began pulling the young man to the right the player bends his right knee in an upward motion and goes down. (At that instant there was no foot or anything else that could've tripped him.) Would this be the normal reaction from someone trying to maintain their balance? Of course not...but...as others have said....the coach should have stepped between the players and not put his hands on anyone. This is lighting up social media right now which is unfortunate. This is a situation where both head coaches should handle this "in house' but now that will be impossible. Don't get me wrong, what the coach did was wrong and inexcusable but at the same time the young man should realize that his action made this situation a lot more offensive to the eye and will spark a wildfire in today's electronic age.
The same can be said for the coach though.  He should have known that there are cameras out everywhere and there was a good chance of being caught on film.  As for the player, I am not being a Raceland homer by saying this but I really didn’t see him do anything wrong.  What I saw was a kid with his hands behind his back walking back to his teammates and was cut off by an opposing player trash talking and then a coach from the opposing team grabbed him and pushing him.  After the push the coach stood over him and ran his mouth for a second.  The adult was 100% in the wrong in this situation and should face a stiff punishment.
An honor graduate from the Lebum school of flopping.
(11-18-2023, 12:24 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

The same can be said for the coach though.  He should have known that there are cameras out everywhere and there was a good chance of being caught on film.  As for the player, I am not being a Raceland homer by saying this but I really didn’t see him do anything wrong.  What I saw was a kid with his hands behind his back walking back to his teammates and was cut off by an opposing player trash talking and then a coach from the opposing team grabbed him and pushing him.  After the push the coach stood over him and ran his mouth for a second.  The adult was 100% in the wrong in this situation and should face a stiff punishment.

The coach was definitely in the wrong, that was never my angle. We both spoke truth.

(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)i82much Wrote:

The coach was definitely in the wrong, that was never my angle. We both spoke truth.

The young man did "flop" though....
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)i82much Wrote:

Listening to their fans cry during the live feed was something too.  There was a “Karen” mom that wouldn’t shut up the whole game and was really annoying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • i82much

Knowing the kid flipping isn’t in his natural. For home to flop he would’ve had to know who was behind him grabbing him. He didn’t. It could’ve been on of his own teammates. I sticking with the rolling of the ankle. His foot was definitely in a position where he was about to roll his ankle so he went down. To be honest it wasn’t much of a grab or pull by the coach. I actually hope this goes away and nothing happens….move on it’s over!

On a side note everyone was right about Sayre’s filed. This is a god awful place to try and watch a football game. I know they are a young program and more than likely they will become the next LCA and this will probably turn into a game Raceland can’t win. They have a good set up and I’m sure as the money comes in things will get better but as of right now this place is awful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Willie Nelson
that was in NO WAY a flop! I've watched it many, many times. It should not be took care of in house either like posted. If my kid, i'd be meeting that coach in person.