• Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Howard Resigns At Hazard
(11-15-2023, 11:55 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Someone on the current staff 0%

Mark dixon retuning 0 chance

I could see someone like goldsmith, a haddix disciple

However they should pay Sullivan from pikeville and get him there no matter what it takes.
Coach Sullivan is a good guy. Isn't considered the heir apparent to Coach Mac when he steps down?
I think for Hazard they need to go outside the system. And it doesn't have to be an established head coach already. A good assistant from an established program could be the route they go. They need new vision in the program. Howard did what he set out to do. He came in when Hazard was in a bad spot after Grizzle backed out. Maybe he stayed with it too long but he did it for the right reasons. Why it failed, I don't know but Hazard has a rich winning tradition and can get back there. This hire though is very important though as they do have good young players returning, and good young players coming up. A bad hire could send them elsewhere which would set them back even more. And no, I don't have any idea who that would be.
(11-10-2023, 07:35 PM)ROTC Wrote: Old school candidates:

Paul Rains
Mike Whitaker
John Paul Chapman
I thought about Whitaker as well. Excellent offensive mind and would bring an old school style of coaching to Hazard.
(11-08-2023, 03:07 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Word on the street that Justin Haddix is the top candidate
Haddix is every programs top candidate to include Corbin.. After tomorrow night in Danville I’d say Haddix solidifies himself 4-Time State Championship Coach. So he’s not going anywhere till his son gets through High School.
When will the job be posted?
I hear Haddix’s younger brother Jade will be the next Hazard head coach. We will see, I know he helps his older brother game plan at Boyle. This would be a home run hire. That would solidify the nephew staying there to play QB as well. May even get some of the Perry kids back if he brings his friend Channing Fugate in to help.
Chapman can’t coach in todays society. Darn good coach too. Don’t see him coming out if retirement for it. Talking about a motivator. But, you better be able to handle the “tough love” from him. Now a days these kids can’t handle it and well the parents can’t either. I could see a young coach taking this job. But they better make the right hire or poof those kids are gone.
I wouldn’t hand out the state title trophy just yet. Team called Paducah Tilghman still gonna be around for the championship game.
(11-17-2023, 12:58 PM)HighViz Wrote: I hear Haddix’s younger brother Jade will be the next  Hazard head coach.  We will see, I know he helps his older brother game plan at Boyle.  This would be a home run hire.  That would solidify the nephew staying there to play QB as well.  May even get some of the Perry kids back if he brings his friend  Channing Fugate in to help.

Is the nephew any good?  I heard he only went to Hazard, because he couldn’t play at Breathitt….
any front runners or annoucement or naming anybody soon
(11-08-2023, 06:30 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Haddix does have family in Hazard. His Nephew is the qb on the 8th grade team. Just saying lol
Pretty sure it's a first cousin but I don't think we'll see Justin back in East Ky anytime soon.
(11-17-2023, 03:26 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 12:58 PM)HighViz Wrote: I hear Haddix’s younger brother Jade will be the next  Hazard head coach.  We will see, I know he helps his older brother game plan at Boyle.  This would be a home run hire.  That would solidify the nephew staying there to play QB as well.  May even get some of the Perry kids back if he brings his friend  Channing Fugate in to help.

Is the nephew any good?  I heard he only went to Hazard, because he couldn’t play at Breathitt….

Good player but miles Hollan current QB for middle is much better
any frontrunners or rumors on candidate for the head coach position
any news or information on coaching search
Haven't been told anything but I can see it heat up the next couple weeks. I would be surprised if they haven't had someone hired before Christmas.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluecat's post:
  • hchs fan, HighViz
Heard they were going to be hiring Shortie Combs from Breathitt County.
(11-24-2023, 11:55 PM)Diablo Wrote: Heard they were going to be hiring Shortie  Combs from Breathitt County.
Shorty would be a great hire but I would be shocked if he left Breathitt.
Shorty Combs would be the perfect hire if they wanted someone worse than Howard. No Head Football Coach experience and you seen how many personal fouls his teams got at Breathitt. Very undisciplined. Pee Wee coaches don’t always translate to High School Coaches.

They need a Big name!
(11-17-2023, 02:06 PM)Diablo Wrote: I wouldn’t hand out the state title trophy just yet.  Team called Paducah Tilghman still gonna be around for the championship game.
aged like milk.
RUMOR: A hire has been made and he’s bringing the Calvary.
(11-26-2023, 11:09 AM)sambo Wrote: RUMOR: A hire has been made and he’s bringing the Calvary.

Who is the rumor?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not heard a name. But hear it’s a big time hire.
(11-26-2023, 12:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 11:09 AM)sambo Wrote: RUMOR: A hire has been made and he’s bringing the Calvary.

Who is the rumor?
Jimbo Fisher
(11-26-2023, 03:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 12:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Who is the rumor?
Jimbo Fisher

Guys getting paid 70 million to be fired. He’s on a beach somewhere with feet up lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Interesting names being thrown around in Hazard today as I was there. 2 of them have Pike County connections
Any more hearings on this one?

if you cant play at Breathitt you don't need to be at hazard.
(11-30-2023, 09:07 AM)FallRock Wrote:

All of Hazard's middle school playmakers are from Breathitt (outside of rb).  I think the daddy ball issue has ran 7-8 kids off.   

Any updates on the new HFB?

Maybe in the past, but if you drove to hazard this year and watched that team of misfit toys, i guarantee they will take whatever breathitt will give them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • FallRock
(11-30-2023, 12:34 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

All of Hazard's middle school playmakers are from Breathitt (outside of rb).  I think the daddy ball issue has ran 7-8 kids off.   

Any updates on the new HFB?

What Daddy Ball issue does Breathitt have?  The only coach that has any players on the team is Combs, and if you think those kids don’t deserve to play….well you haven’t watched much football.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next