Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro
20.83%
Pikeville
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Middlesboro at Pikeville 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-13-2023, 10:18 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: I don't know any of the Pikeville coaches or players, but I don't think readiness will be a problem. When competition steps up good teams & players start getting excited and more focused. As for that championship game against Russellville, Pikeville wasn't overconfident - Russellville was a very talented and confident group of young men. Most people (common fans) just dismissed them like they do many teams every year.

Middlesboro is a quality team with a few standout athletes, but I'll be surprised if Pikeville doesn't control this game and win handedly (4TDs +).
Pikeville wasn’t overconfident vs Russellville, they set the cruise control too early when they went up by 21 in the 2nd and Russellville had the big play ability that got them back in the game. Middlesboro also has big play potential is the comparison I am drawing. 

Probably doesn’t matter though.
I think I said "Pikeville WASN'T overconfident"  geez.... I can see what you're saying on the comparison.
(11-14-2023, 07:10 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: I think I said "Pikeville WASN'T overconfident"  geez.... I can see what you're saying on the comparison.
Yeah I was agreeing with your comments. I think the question now is; is Middlesboro close to the level that Russellville was.. I think probably not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-12-2023, 05:17 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: These dark horse teams crack me up. They all provide more than enough bulletin board material. I have faith in my team, but when going up against a program like Pikeville, I’d be a little more cautious on poking the bear lol

Middlesboro coach may want to take way his kids phones. Pikeville is a dangerous enough team without being called out on social media. Mingo Central tried that a few years back and it didn't work out very well for them either.
pikeville 3 tds
jackets by 90
(11-14-2023, 10:35 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: jackets by 90

over/under total yards is 90
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Belichick
I'm guessing no livestream but if so, please share. I'll take information to radio coverage too. Thanks in advance
Radio is 93.1 Pikeville.
Check mountain top sports online to check for video
I will post link if they carry it
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-14-2023, 07:31 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 07:10 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: I think I said "Pikeville WASN'T overconfident"  geez.... I can see what you're saying on the comparison.
Yeah I was agreeing with your comments. I think the question now is; is Middlesboro close to the level that Russellville was.. I think probably not.
They do t have to be. This Pikeville team is nowhere close to being as good as the Pikeville team of two years ago. No I’m not trolling that’s just facts. I know nothing of Middlesboro but if I was a Pikeville fan I would want this game game to be a little challenging.

(11-14-2023, 04:38 PM)yellowstone Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:17 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: These dark horse teams crack me up. They all provide more than enough bulletin board material. I have faith in my team, but when going up against a program like Pikeville, I’d be a little more cautious on poking the bear lol

Middlesboro coach may want to take way his kids phones. Pikeville is a dangerous enough team without being called out on social media. Mingo Central tried that a few years back and it didn't work out very well for them either.
This kind of stuff really means nothing to these kids. It’s the world they live in. My coaches back in the day use to pull pranks on rivalry weeks and blame the teams we was playing for doing it haha. Kids these days will talk crap on the internet then hang out at the mall the next weekend. This kind of stuff only gets us old farts on chat apps all wound up hahah

He should probably take away their right to even compete this Friday and just forfeit. That way it will only say 1-0 in the record books instead 100-0 considering their is 0 chance of middlesboro keeping a running clock off of themselves before halftime.
Assuming KCD and Campbellsville wins, this is the last home game for these panther seniors. There’s some really good seniors on this team and i doubt they will let middlesboro do anything in their last game at home.

I would say pikeville by 28ish but after looking at the RPI idk it might be 50.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • The 99
This game and the Bell/Carter game will be the biggest blowouts in the 3rd round.

Panthas by 90

This is really nothing new.  I played during the early 2000’s and there was a thing called “expages” that kids from different schools would use to create full blown webpages for talking smack to each other.  
(11-15-2023, 08:04 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
They do t have to be. This Pikeville team is nowhere close to being as good as the Pikeville team of two years ago. No I’m not trolling that’s just facts. I know nothing of Middlesboro but if I was a Pikeville fan I would want this game game to be a little challenging.

This kind of stuff really means nothing to these kids. It’s the world they live in. My coaches back in the day use to pull pranks on rivalry weeks and blame the teams we was playing for doing it haha. Kids these days will talk crap on the internet then hang out at the mall the next weekend. This kind of stuff only gets us old farts on chat apps all wound up hahah

This Pikeville team is more than good enough to Win Class A and is getting better each week...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, The 99
(11-15-2023, 03:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

This Pikeville team is more than good enough to Win Class A and is getting better each week...
This isn’t a popular opinion in Ramland but I thought Raceland’s win over Pikeville this season was a fluke and if they meet again I don’t think Raceland will beat them.  Obviously both teams have to take care of business first before talking about a possible second meeting but I think Pikeville will be bringing home another trophy this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(11-15-2023, 03:26 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

This isn’t a popular opinion in Ramland but I thought Raceland’s win over Pikeville this season was a fluke and if they meet again I don’t think Raceland will beat them.  Obviously both teams have to take care of business first before talking about a possible second meeting but I think Pikeville will be bringing home another trophy this year.

RD50 still can't process that B. Anthony didn't play in that game, then ran for 200+ yards and 3 TDs at Belfry the following week. Averages 10 yards/carry and is arguably best defensive player. The Pikeville team today doesn't resemble the Pikeville team Raceland saw in early September. TBH I think Campbellsville is better than Raceland. But we shall see, 3 or 4 teams have a shot...
(11-15-2023, 03:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 07:31 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Yeah I was agreeing with your comments. I think the question now is; is Middlesboro close to the level that Russellville was.. I think probably not.

(11-14-2023, 04:38 PM)yellowstone Wrote: Middlesboro coach may want to take way his kids phones. Pikeville is a dangerous enough team without being called out on social media. Mingo Central tried that a few years back and it didn't work out very well for them either.

RD50 still can't process that B. Anthony didn't play in that game, then ran for 200+ yards and 3 TDs at Belfry the following week. Averages 10 yards/carry and is arguably best defensive player. The Pikeville team today doesn't resemble the Pikeville team Raceland saw in early September. TBH I think Campbellsville is better than Raceland. But we shall see, 3 or 4 teams have a shot...
Also in the first game Pikeville left a lot of points on the field with overthrown balls likely due to the timing with Duty and his receivers not being developed yet.  That game was 3 overthrown passes away from being a 27-7 game.
(11-15-2023, 03:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: RD50 still can't process that B. Anthony didn't play in that game, then ran for 200+ yards and 3 TDs at Belfry the following week. Averages 10 yards/carry and is arguably best defensive player. The Pikeville team today doesn't resemble the Pikeville team Raceland saw in early September. TBH I think Campbellsville is better than Raceland. But we shall see, 3 or 4 teams have a shot...

If Raceland loses to Campbellsville, I might not stop typing for a week. Due to all the "paper tiger" "RPI manupulator" talk from a couple of posters. Betting that thread may have a different tone next week if they both advance. I might be wrong, but I don't think Raceland will just line up and run it on them. Campbellsville has a sneaky good run defense.
I'll leave it at that since this is the Middlesboro / Pikeville thread. My apologies.
I have only got to watch the Panthers once this season, a loss at LCA, and having such a long break mid-season was just strange and unfortunate. I really don't know what to expect compared the last few seasons, though I'm pretty confident they aren't as good as the last few years, yet I fully expect Pikeville will be much better the next 3 seasons...in other words imo if a Class A team is gonna beat Pikeville in the playoffs it better be this season because they will be loaded the next several seasons.

I still expect Pikeville to win title #8, though I'm not near as confident as I was in 2019, 2021, and 2022 nor as confident about their upcoming chances in 2024, 2025, and 2026.

Some good points to consider O B. What's Not Popular and what's Reality is a choice for Ramland fans to make. The Reality for Ram fans may be facing a totally different Pikeville team at Hambley Complex than they did a few months ago. While I like your post, hopefully RD50 and RAD wont excommunicate you.Lol

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Signature:[/font][font="Open Sans", sans-serif] include your signature. (registered users only)[/font]

r
(11-15-2023, 10:39 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 07:31 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Yeah I was agreeing with your comments. I think the question now is; is Middlesboro close to the level that Russellville was.. I think probably not.

(11-14-2023, 04:38 PM)yellowstone Wrote: Middlesboro coach may want to take way his kids phones. Pikeville is a dangerous enough team without being called out on social media. Mingo Central tried that a few years back and it didn't work out very well for them either.

Some good points to consider O B. What's Not Popular and what's Reality is a choice for Ramland fans to make. The Reality for Ram fans may be facing a totally different Pikeville team at Hambley Complex than they did a few months ago. While I like your post, hopefully RD50 and RAD wont excommunicate you.Lol

Signature: include your signature. (registered users only)

r
While it was a big win for Raceland I just didn’t walk away feeling like the better team won.  Raceland seemed to give it everything they had while Pikeville seemed like there was more left in the tank. 

But that game isn’t here and this is post is about Middlesboro and Pikeville.  I look for Pikeville to roll in this game by a comfortable margin if not a running clock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Pikeville may win this game, but Middlesboro has also running clocked its district opponents this season and have lost to two solid teams. Middlesboro also has a championship caliber coach on the sidelines and will have his team ready for Friday night. This should be a dandy. I may find my way for this one to watch.
(11-16-2023, 09:33 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Pikeville may win this game, but Middlesboro has also running clocked its district opponents this season and have lost to two solid teams.  Middlesboro also has a championship caliber coach on the sidelines and will have his team ready for Friday night.  This should be a dandy. I may find my way for this one to watch.

Bring a huge sack of money bac!
(11-16-2023, 10:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 09:33 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Pikeville may win this game, but Middlesboro has also running clocked its district opponents this season and have lost to two solid teams.  Middlesboro also has a championship caliber coach on the sidelines and will have his team ready for Friday night.  This should be a dandy. I may find my way for this one to watch.

Lee Majors is coming with a Huge Sack of Money.... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-16-2023, 10:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Lee Majors is coming with a Huge Sack of Money.... Smile
LOL Bull he will leave Pikeville the 4 1/2 million dollar man!
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Granny Bear

All I’m stating Jet is Middlesboro won’t lay down. Pikeville will have to earn it. They also need to try to keep Grigsby contained.
(11-16-2023, 10:23 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

All I’m stating Jet is Middlesboro won’t lay down. Pikeville will have to earn it. They also need to try to keep Grigsby contained.
I hear you bac, looking forward to seeing how Pikeville D does vs. Grigsby, as well as Wilson.
(11-15-2023, 04:40 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: I'm guessing no livestream but if so, please share. I'll take information to radio coverage too. Thanks in advance

Mountain Top (vhx.tv)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Glory_Days
There’s actually 5 people who voted Middlesboro to win this game or they just like trolling Pikeville.