Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looks like we will have Boyle County vs Corbin on November 17th
With Ashland losing tonight to Johnson Central it is shaping up with Covington Catholic as the one, Boyle County and Corbin the 2-3 on the west. 

I guess the only guessing game will be, the location. If Boyle were to lose to Frederick Douglass would they drop to the three and Corbin the two, would assume so. If Boyle beats Douglass then assume they stay the 2 and Corbin the 3 seed.
At the moment Franklin County has moved back to the #1 seed in the RPI.
(10-20-2023, 11:53 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: At the moment Franklin County has moved back to the #1 seed in the RPI.
Franklin County is in the east though. 
The final 8 round is West vs West and East vs East
3rd. Round will be the East 4 at 1 and 3 at 2
Same for the West.

4th. round will be overall 4 at 1 and 3 at 2.

Winners play for a State Title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hound05
(10-21-2023, 12:08 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: 3rd. Round will be the East 4 at 1 and 3 at 2 
Same for the West.

correct and looks like will be in 3rd round

East 4 TBD at East 1 Covington Catholic
East 3 Corbin at East 2 Boyle County
(10-21-2023, 12:11 AM)FlyPattern Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 12:08 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: 3rd. Round will be the East 4 at 1 and 3 at 2 
Same for the West.

correct and looks like will be in 3rd round

East 4 TBD at East 1 Covington Catholic
East 3 Corbin at East 2 Boyle County
Go ahead and place Johnson Central as they are a Lock for #4 East.  Boyle is not a sure #2 at this time.

Now if Ashland was to knock off Cov Cath. In round 2 that would change everything.

But I don’t see that happening!
I think all roads lead to the title being decided before Kroger field.

I just don’t see how the rpi has fallen the way it has in 4A
Ashland could get a little bump up in RPI if they were to beat 6A Simon Kenton at home next week.
(10-20-2023, 11:21 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: With Ashland losing tonight to Johnson Central it is shaping up with Covington Catholic as the one, Boyle County and Corbin the 2-3 on the west. 

I guess the only guessing game will be, the location. If Boyle were to lose to Frederick Douglass would they drop to the three and Corbin the two, would assume so. If Boyle beats Douglass then assume they stay the 2 and Corbin the 3 seed.

I remember someone saying about five weeks ago who would be playing on November 17. Now, who was it?  Hoping the Broncos send Justin and Melissa back to Corbin for the real state championship game.
Looking at the RPI this morning it's not out of the question that Boyle could get to #2 in RPI if they could pull out a win over Frederick Douglas. I was suprised to see the gap closed quite a bit with Franklin County. Boyle plays 7th. rank 6A FD, while Franklin plays 22nd. rank 6A GRC and Paducah Tilghman plays Russellville that is at the bottom of 1A.

Paducah Tilghman 450 148 9 - 0 5 - 0 5 - 0 .75081
Franklin County 323 92 9 - 0 5 - 0 5 - 0 .74728
Boyle County 453 124 9 - 0 4 - 0 4 - 0 .73923
This all reminds me of a time when most playoff games where competitive with good teams playing good teams throughout the playoffs. It wasn't this water downed system we have now. Oh the memories.
(10-21-2023, 10:39 AM)Westside Wrote: This all reminds me of a time when most playoff games where competitive with good teams playing good teams throughout the playoffs. It wasn't this water downed system we have now. Oh the memories.
I bet you had fun traveling around watching all the other teams play! Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • barkgoesthecat
(10-21-2023, 10:07 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Looking at the RPI this morning it's not out of the question that Boyle could get to #2 in RPI if they could pull out a win over Frederick Douglas.  I was suprised to see the gap closed quite a bit with Franklin County.  Boyle plays 7th. rank 6A FD, while Franklin plays 22nd. rank 6A GRC and Paducah Tilghman plays Russellville that is at the bottom of 1A.

That is possible but it wouldn't matter in regards to round three because Tilghman and Franklin are in the west. 
It would matter in regards to the SF round on who would possibly be home team if Boyle makes past Corbin.
(10-21-2023, 06:51 PM)FlyPattern Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 10:07 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Looking at the RPI this morning it's not out of the question that Boyle could get to #2 in RPI if they could pull out a win over Frederick Douglas.  I was suprised to see the gap closed quite a bit with Franklin County.  Boyle plays 7th. rank 6A FD, while Franklin plays 22nd. rank 6A GRC and Paducah Tilghman plays Russellville that is at the bottom of 1A.

That is possible but it wouldn't matter in regards to round three because Tilghman and Franklin are in the west. 
It would matter in regards to the SF round on who would possibly be home team if Boyle makes past Corbin.

They probably won’t Corbin is the best team in the state is what the people are saying.
^^Yea it was a good recruiting year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-21-2023, 05:10 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 10:39 AM)Westside Wrote: This all reminds me of a time when most playoff games where competitive with good teams playing good teams throughout the playoffs.  It wasn't this water downed system we have now.  Oh the memories.
I bet you had fun traveling around watching all the other teams play! Haha

I was at Western Hills\Bondurant for 1 season.  That was in 2000.  We beat Franklin County 42-20.  So I am 1-0 against them.  Was I the reason we won?  Far far from it, but still.
According to KHSAA website at this moment, Sunday morning, the quarter finals would be...

West -
1. Tilghman vs. DeSales
2. Franklin Co vs. 3. Taylor Co

East -
1. Cov. Cath. vs. Blazer (Probably Johnson Central)
2. Boyle Co. vs. Corbin
With your analysis of football I would guess you were the JV, water manager!!!
(10-22-2023, 01:20 PM)bball_fan Wrote: According to KHSAA website at this moment, Sunday morning, the quarter finals would be...

West -
1. Tilghman vs. DeSales
2. Franklin Co vs. 3. Taylor Co

East -
1. Cov. Cath. vs. Blazer (Probably Johnson Central)
2. Boyle Co. vs. Corbin

Taylor County is same district as Boyle County so they have to be the east, they will actually play Corbin in the 2nd round if seeds stay true. 
Also Covington Catholic and Blazer will play in the 2nd round and so yes Johnson Central will be the East vs Cov Cath if seeds remain true.
[-] The following 2 users Like FlyPattern's post:
  • Glory_Days, Rip/Spin
(10-22-2023, 01:53 PM)FCSPY Wrote: With your analysis of football I would guess you were the JV, water manager!!!

No, I was actually a teacher and a coach.
The 3 & 4 seeds in the West will be competitive between 5 teams so there are multiple scenarios. Here are the current projections by standings:

winner of Logan Co at Bardstown (I believe this to be a tossup game)
winner of Spencer Co at DeSales (Henry Co has an outside chance of coming out of this round)

The current RPI for the contenders
DeSales              0.60069
Henry County      0.57172
Logan County      0.59838
Spencer County    0.54191
Bardstown          0.53398

I'll take a shot and say Bardstown and Spencer County advance. 

*Week 11 
DeSales favored over John Hardin
Henry Co tough game with KY Country Day
Logan Co huge underdog against South Warren
Spencer Co favored over Nelson Co
Bardstown heavily favored over Danville

Projected 3 & 4 seeds in the West: (#3 Spencer Co) (#4 Bardstown)
after seeing corbin in person, i dont see how they lose, but im hearing Boyle would be the favorite in that game id definetly pay to watch that one
[-] The following 1 user Likes the gambler's post:
  • nemo
I feel like this post is kinda disrespectful to other teams there a reason they play the games just to write other teams off cause of a name isn't cool
I don’t think it’s disrespectful. Plenty have been said about Ashland being a good team and others here in the East. I said two days ago that JC is good and thought they’d win. But I don’t think they people from teams like, JC, PCC, Taylor co etc feel it’s disrespectful. They’ve played the teams mentioned and we know the results. Plus neither team mentioned will risk looking over the path ahead and the teams
(10-23-2023, 09:06 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: I feel like this post is kinda disrespectful to other teams there a reason they play the games just to write other teams off cause of a name isn't cool

There isn't a team either Boyle or Corbin plays in the first two rounds who will keep within four touchdowns, maybe not within running clock. 
Dis-respectful or not, its facts, bottom line, their not good enough.
(10-23-2023, 09:06 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: I feel like this post is kinda disrespectful to other teams there a reason they play the games just to write other teams off cause of a name isn't cool
Since when has stating facts became disrespectful?
After 10 weeks of regular season, I don't think anything that has been posted here has been disrespectful. I will take it even further after seeing Corbin up close and personal and watching film and getting ready to play Boyle Co. that the only way any other teams in 4A besides these two will get to Kroger Field in December is if they do not play Corbin or Boyle Co. until then. Plain and simple.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-25-2023, 10:52 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: After 10 weeks of regular season, I don't think anything that has been posted here has been disrespectful. I will take it even further after seeing Corbin up close and personal and watching film and getting ready to play Boyle Co. that the only way any other teams in 4A besides these two will get to Kroger Field in December is if they do not play Corbin or Boyle Co. until then. Plain and simple.

I agree. I have seen Franklin County, Corbin, Boyle and Covington Catholic in person. Boyle is by far the best offense and most dangerous team of them all. Corbin has those twins and I'll be honest, they are that good. They play twice harder when all the marbles is on the line and they will be hard to overcome. I'll give Kid Elam his credit. He is something special to not be utilized like he should. But I personally hate running the ball when you have a Passing QB like Elam. Boyle County is just offensively on another level. When you have the talent that they have and then add the fact that one of the best minds currently in High school football is calling the plays and coaching the team, its a dangerous situation for any opposing team. Thats why I am a big fan of Haddix. He is the best I have seen myself coaching. He makes something out of nothing and he is not going to go down easy. Alot of times I have seen him lull you asleep and then blow you up with a big play.. Blows my mind. But anyways, I agree with your statement. Corbin and Boyle are the cream of the crop this year and everyone else is hoping they eliminate each other. Because both are going to be hard to beat. Covington Catholic is the next in line and then Franklin County. Franklin County is always a beast in December. I'll put Johnson Central right with Franklin County if they are healthy. 

1. Boyle
2. Corbin

3. Covington Catholic

4. Franklin County
4. Johnson Central if healthy.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, HighViz, Maroon Beech
Corbin and Boyle are clearly the best two teams in the history of high school football.

I mean, look at all of those power teams they've run the clock on...

:)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hatz
Just a thought... When Corbin and Boyle play on 11/17 could they ask to have it moved to say EKU or another larger venue? The visiting sections at both fields will not be big enough to accommodate the visiting teams fans.. Not doubt whoever hosts it will be a packed stadium.