Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 10th game? (replacement for North Hardin cancellation)
I heard on the radio broadcast that Corbin was actively looking for a 10th game week after next to replace the North Hardin cancellation. 9 games would destroy the RPI. Is there any word on who may be potential replacements? They made a good point that no 4A team would likely schedule them due to not wanting to boost Corbin's RPI which makes perfect sense.
This could be a very hard find this late in the season. Don't think too many teams want to get embarrassed by a overall top 5 team in the state heading into the playoffs.
99% of the teams in the state have full schedules. It’s more than let’s just find someone to play. Its let’s find someone to play who not only also has a bye but has also only played 9 games.
What was the reasoning for the cancelation? Barring a valid reason a shouldn’t it be considered a forfeit?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(10-14-2023, 02:21 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: What was the reasoning for the cancelation?  Barring a valid reason a shouldn’t it be considered a forfeit?
Second game of a Friday night bowl early in the season.  First game got delayed from thunderstorms and second game was moved to Saturday.  North Hardin decided to not come back to Lancaster for Saturday due to lack of buses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Orange Blaze
There is a false impression that playing 9 games vs. 10 games will devastate a team's RPI. It simply is not the case , at all. I can illustrate if anyone is interested. In fact, it's possible that 9 games could even benefit a team's RPI.

If Corbin has to go to Danville for Round three of the playoffs, look no further than Tom E. Greer and Dave Cox to place blame. Scheduling some weak Cincinnati school in the Pigskin instead of a decent 5A or 6A team like Southwestern, North Laurel, Highlands, Dixie Heights or Scott County might cost the Hounds a third home game. Dave and Tommy deserve straight F's instead of straight A's on their respective report cards. If Corbin has to travel to Danville or Covington on the third Friday in November, Dave and Tom will be dealt that final "F."
(10-14-2023, 10:11 AM)Corbin Wrote: I heard on the radio broadcast that Corbin was actively looking for a 10th game week after next to replace the North Hardin cancellation. 9 games would destroy the RPI. Is there any word on who may be potential replacements? They made a good point that no 4A team would likely schedule them due to not wanting to boost Corbin's RPI which makes perfect sense.
Apparently 9 games won’t hurt Corbin. Pikeville will play 8 games and they’ve lost to Raceland but yet they are still ahead of the Rams in the RPI. Also….Paris is ahead of the Rams and Raceland beat them last night. So yeah….the RPI sucks butt
(10-14-2023, 10:11 AM)Corbin Wrote: I heard on the radio broadcast that Corbin was actively looking for a 10th game week after next to replace the North Hardin cancellation. 9 games would destroy the RPI. Is there any word on who may be potential replacements? They made a good point that no 4A team would likely schedule them due to not wanting to boost Corbin's RPI which makes perfect sense.
How are you figuring it will "destory" rpi ?  It's based on what games you have played... not what one was suppose to play.  

With North Hardin being WP .42857 OWP .58439 OOWP .53140  RPI .51396  Might have actually helped Corbin'S RPI not playing them... 

Am I figuring this wrong?
(10-14-2023, 03:35 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:
How are you figuring it will "destory" rpi ?  It's based on what games you have played... not what one was suppose to play.  

With North Hardin being WP .42857 OWP .58439 OOWP .53140  RPI .51396  Might have actually helped Corbin'S RPI not playing them... 

Am I figuring this wrong?

You are spot on!!!
(10-14-2023, 03:15 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Apparently 9 games won’t hurt Corbin. Pikeville will play 8 games and they’ve lost to Raceland but yet they are still ahead of the Rams in the RPI. Also….Paris is ahead of the Rams and Raceland beat them last night. So yeah….the RPI sucks butt
Raceland 1-3 against big schools Pikeville will be 4-1...DUH...
(10-14-2023, 03:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
We’ve lost two games ….how are we 1-3? Duh
(10-14-2023, 03:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
We’ve lost two games ….how are we 1-3? Duh

LCA...Duh
The final 1-3 vs 4-1 will be why Pikeville RPI is higher...Duh
Can I join in?  Pikeville is well on their way to another state title...  DUH  !!!
(10-14-2023, 04:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can I join in?  Pikeville is well on their way to another state title...  DUH  !!!

It's looking good but of course they have to go out there and get the job done...
(10-14-2023, 04:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 04:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can I join in?  Pikeville is well on their way to another state title...  DUH  !!!

It's looking good but of course they have to go out there and get the job done...

They'll get it done.

If dumb dumbs, Tommy and Dave, have any sense at all they will not add a 10th game...  unless it is a 5A or 6A team with a good winning percentage that they know Corbin will beat. Otherwise, better off just sticking with 9 games.
I don’t know how the rpi works. I just know what they were saying on the radio. I agree that the biggest failure is playing teams like Howard Hughes and Hazard.
(10-14-2023, 05:14 PM)Corbin Wrote: I don’t know how the rpi works. I just know what they were saying on the radio. I agree that the biggest failure is playing teams like Howard Hughes and Hazard.

Games like those are absolute RPI killers(someone said you can remove your first two games that you play against a lower class team but I'm not aware of that).

Can you imagine how much better Corbin's RPI would be if the Howard Hughes and Dukes Of Hazard games had been against, say,  Southwestern(or North Laurel) and Dixie Heights(or Highlands)? Tommy should be ashamed and should apologize to fans after his team returns from Danville on Nov. 17 . No reason this Redhound team shouldn't have at least three home playoff games.
(10-14-2023, 03:13 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: There is a false impression that playing 9 games vs. 10 games will devastate a team's RPI. It simply is not the case.

I hope that is the case since Douglass only has 9 games.
(10-14-2023, 06:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 05:14 PM)Corbin Wrote: I don’t know how the rpi works. I just know what they were saying on the radio. I agree that the biggest failure is playing teams like Howard Hughes and Hazard.

Games like those are absolute RPI killers(someone said you can remove your first two games that you play against a lower class team but I'm not aware of that).

Can you imagine how much better Corbin's RPI would be if the Howard Hughes and Dukes Of Hazard games had been against, say,  Southwestern(or North Laurel) and Dixie Heights(or Highlands)? Tommy should be ashamed and should apologize to fans after his team returns from Danville on Nov. 17 . No reason this Redhound team shouldn't have at least three home playoff games.

have you ever stopped to think that maybe those schools don’t want to schedule or play Corbin? I’m having a hard time figuring out why this is all on Greer and your super…

some teams may not be willing to schedule a team that brought in a bunch of transfers. They may not have wanted to schedule them even before that…
(10-14-2023, 06:52 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

have you ever stopped to think that maybe those schools don’t want to schedule or play Corbin? I’m having a hard time figuring out why this is all on Greer and your super…

some teams may not be willing to schedule a team that brought in a bunch of transfers. They may not have wanted to schedule them even before that…

Hey, don't try to steal my joy of pounding Greer and Cox. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
This has nothing to do with anything but is there a more sensative little princess than Les Dixon on the 13th region Facebook page? My God, what a whiney little baby.
(10-14-2023, 04:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

They'll get it done.

If dumb dumbs, Tommy and Dave, have any sense at all they will not add a 10th game...  unless it is a 5A or 6A team with a good winning percentage that they know Corbin will beat. Otherwise, better off just sticking with 9 games.
The kids put in a lot of work. It’s a shame they can’t play ten games. What’s best is kids get to play all the games they can

...Big Red Truck

DUH.
(10-14-2023, 08:23 PM)Corbin Wrote: This has nothing to do with anything but is there a more sensative little princess than Les Dixon on the 13th region Facebook page? My God, what a whiney little baby.

NONE!!!  Les is a whiney a$$ .  Not much of a writer. If Les is a professional, then I'm Henry David Thoreau.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Corbin, pjdoug
(10-14-2023, 08:23 PM)Corbin Wrote: This has nothing to do with anything but is there a more sensative little princess than Les Dixon on the 13th region Facebook page? My God, what a whiney little baby.

Shame on you for asking for a score Smile
(10-14-2023, 10:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

NONE!!!  Les is a whiney a$$ .  Not much of a writer. If Les is a professional, then I'm Henry David Thoreau.

Facts.
(10-14-2023, 07:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 06:52 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Hey, don't try to steal my joy of pounding Greer and Cox. Big Grin

I will never stop you from doing that lol

(10-14-2023, 10:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I don’t have an opinion one way or another, it’s not like the big city of Corbin are flowing with journalists and media types, but I genuinely thought he stored of quit a while back but I see him in the tribune every week? Did he start again? I know he does that little 13th region stuff but I’m convinced those guys are just in it to get free media tickets to Uk games lol
(10-14-2023, 10:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I'll come here or turn on the radio if I ever need a score but he needs to realize that people don't read every little thing on their group. If someone innocently asking for a score IN A GAME THREAD gets him butt hurt, lord help him in society. Media folks in general seem pretty thin skinned and can't handle criticism despite most of it being well deserved. Someone posting a laughing emoji on his "This is how it's gonna go post" really got him going. How many "journalist" do you know that actually have played or know the game? All ego, no substance.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(10-15-2023, 09:44 AM)Corbin Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 10:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I'll come here or turn on the radio if I ever need a score but he needs to realize that people don't read every little thing on their group. If someone innocently asking for a score IN A GAME THREAD gets him butt hurt, lord help him in society. Media folks in general seem pretty thin skinned and can't handle criticism despite most of it being well deserved. Someone posting a laughing emoji on his "This is how it's gonna go post" really got him going. How many "journalist" do you know that actually have played or know the game? All ego, no substance.

I love your Avatars!!! Keep up the good food photos!  Smile I fixed some soup beans just the other day.... Now you have switched pictures..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug