Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 44, Harlan County 20
Dawgs improve to 3-1 and look good on the road. They are starting to click at the right time.
Congratulations Bulldogs!!

Great sportsmanship shown tonight.
Congrats Dawgs
First just a beautiful campus, great stadium.
LC out of sync to start, coming off bye week and still new offensive scheme.
Still like to see a few plays from under center even if play action pass just to give the defense something else.
Thought HC played hard and never gave up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AADKINS's post:
  • Granny Bear
First off, the guys who announced the game did a good job, loved the live stream. I thought they called the game fair and gave recognition when it was due to both sides. Before the game, they aired a pre game coach show and the guys didn’t know where Lawrence County was and said “they’re not traditionally a football program.” My thought, if anyone in eastern Kentucky doesn’t think Lawrence is a traditional football program then they’re delusional and uneducated. They didn’t even know the name of the town, tried calling it “Louis” or something of the sort. Well, I bet they will do their work next time and find out next year when they come to Louisa. Hats off to both teams for a clean game and good sportsmanship. Bulldogs are starting to click. Defense is fast, sound and they tackled well. Offense executed for the most part outside of a few plays which gives them coaching opportunities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • Granny Bear
(09-16-2023, 01:14 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: First off, the guys who announced the game did a good job, loved the live stream. I thought they called the game fair and gave recognition when it was due to both sides. Before the game, they aired a pre game coach show and the guys didn’t know where Lawrence County was and said “they’re not traditionally a football program.” My thought, if anyone in eastern Kentucky doesn’t think Lawrence is a traditional football program then they’re delusional and uneducated. They didn’t even know the name of the town, tried calling it “Louis” or something of the sort. Well, I bet they will do their work next time and find out next year when they come to Louisa. Hats off to both teams for a clean game and good sportsmanship. Bulldogs are starting to click. Defense is fast, sound and they tackled well. Offense executed for the most part outside of a few plays which gives them coaching opportunities.
They’ve made it to the region finals 3 times in 22 seasons and never farther. Went to the semis in 99. Far back as i can go. It’s the first time the schools have faced eachother, and the only thing those guys could go off of is when they would hear of Lawrence getting ran off the field by Bell co, Rock, and Belfry in the playoffs over the past 2 decades. I doubt they meant any disrespect, and prob took more time going into learning about the players than any livestream radio people out there.
Congratulations!!!
Ran off the field? Last year they beat Belfry and beat Rockcastle last few times as well. It is what it is though. It’s pretty well known the tradition of Lawrence County football.

I did enjoy the broadcast and thought the guys did a good job, for the record.
Well I don't know who the announcer was!! But he must've been a total idiot.

The broadcasters that called the game loved Lawerence County's team. They talked positively about the strength of the team, the talent and the sportsmanship. And both of them know exactly where Louisa is because they both played in high school basketball games over there. I know. I followed them. They are my babies...
Granny Bear, wish I could’ve met you!
Love everything about the campus of HC except that it was such a drive.
That stone bridge leading to Miner Memorial Stadium is just beautiful!
The Bears battled and I hope they win some games soon. They had some kids who just played hard!
As far as not knowing or being dismissive of LC tradition, it’s ok. Not everyone knows til they know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbcooper's post:
  • Granny Bear
I wanted to clarify a statement that I made. I'm not sure if the broadcasters you were talking about are my boys. Mine did the WYMT GOTW. They're good boys and know their football. I can't imagine them being disrespectful. If they were, I'd crack their heads.

dbcooper, I rarely go to the games anymore and I miss it so bad!! I've had some health issues lately and I can't see to drive after dark. Having cataract surgery in January, so fingers crossed that I will be able to get out more after that. I've got two great grandsons in Georgetown that I want to see more often!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, dbcooper
I completely understand. I thought the game broadcasters did a great job.