Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Corbin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
85.11%
Corbin
14.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass at Corbin 9/15
I’m changing my prediction after seeing the 100 year publication program! Very very nice that the school would do that. Full Color pages throughout. Particularly couldn’t believe one page they put in there. “Haddix Hounds” page. Wonder what a hornets nest that stirred? Wonder if 10-15 programs came standard missing that page or 2 pages stapled together so they wouldn’t have to see.

Anyways. My initial was predicted FD by 3-4 TDs

Gameday prediction is. 5 Touchdowns. Seems like old school hound is stuck on that number.
42-7
Just FYI....When I listed this game in the Pick'Ems, I invited folks to estimate what OSH's blood pressure would be at halftime. Surprisingly, I got only one response and that was from High Viz. He thinks OSH will top out at 150/110.
I think he just may be correct!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • HighViz
Is this game being broadcasted anywhere other than the radio?
(09-15-2023, 10:12 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Is this game being broadcasted anywhere other than the radio?
Look on Frederick Douglass football Facebook page tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Frederick Douglass is the favorite, but Corbin has knocked some great teams off over the years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-15-2023, 10:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Frederick Douglass is the favorite, but Corbin has knocked some great teams  off over the years.
I know Dupont Manuel was a powerhouse back in the day so beating them in 1960 and putting 46 points on them was big. But the 10-0 win over Highlands in '62 was probably the best team to come to Campbell and leave with a "L".  Highlands was the two-time defending state champ and hadn't lost a game in over 3 years until they left Campbell Field with a shutout loss.

Interesting story about the win over Manuel.  Coach Walt Green was the coach at the time. He was talking to his team in the locker room before the game when someone came in and handed coach a note. Green read it and appeared shaken. He dropped the note and immediately hurried out of the locker room without saying a word.  Someone picked up the note, read it , and announced to the team that Coach Green's mother had passed away. Coach Green would not be on the sidelines for the Hounds that day in the biggest game of the year against the Louisville power.

The Hounds, motivated to win the big game for their coach, put a hurting on the highly regarded Manuel team 46-34.  The thing is, however, Coach Green was there that day, not on the sidelines, but up in the press box. You see, he had contrived the whole story in order to motivate his kids. His mother had not died. It was all a ruse. And it worked. The Corbin kids knocked of Manuel , completing the 1960 season undefeated and untied at 11-0.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-15-2023, 11:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 10:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Frederick Douglass is the favorite, but Corbin has knocked some great teams  off over the years.
I know Dupont Manuel was a powerhouse back in the day so beating them in 1960 and putting 46 points on them was big. But the 10-0 win over Highlands in '62 was probably the best team to come to Campbell and leave with a "L".  Highlands was the two-time defending state champ and hadn't lost a game in over 3 years until they left Campbell Field with a shutout loss.

Interesting story about the win over Manuel.  Coach Walt Green was the coach at the time. He was talking to his team in the locker room before the game when someone came in and handed coach a note. Green read it and appeared shaken. He dropped the note and immediately hurried out of the locker room without saying a word.  Someone picked up the note, read it , and announced to the team that Coach Green's mother had passed away. Coach Green would not be on the sidelines for the Hounds that day in the biggest game of the year against the Louisville power.

The Hounds, motivated to win the big game for their coach, put a hurting on the highly regarded Manuel team 46-34.  The thing is, however, Coach Green was there that day, not on the sidelines, but up in the press box. You see, he had contrived the whole story in order to motivate his kids. His mother had not died. It was all a ruse. And it worked. The Corbin kids knocked of Manuel , completing the 1960 season undefeated and untied at 11-0.

Seems a touch extreme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Hatz
(09-15-2023, 09:31 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Just FYI....When I listed this game in the Pick'Ems, I invited folks to estimate what OSH's blood pressure would be at halftime.  Surprisingly, I got only one response and that was from High Viz.  He thinks OSH will top out at 150/110.

My blood pressure is higher than that  now. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers, Granny Bear
(09-15-2023, 11:22 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Seems a touch extreme.

That was my thought , as well.  I guess finishing undefeated and beating one of the state's best was a really big deal.  Maybe Tommy can try something similar tonight. Announce to the kids that he's leaving to take over for Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator of the Bengals.   Smile
  • Waitaminute

Seems a touch extreme.

desperate times call for desperate measures Smile
(09-15-2023, 09:31 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Just FYI....When I listed this game in the Pick'Ems, I invited folks to estimate what OSH's blood pressure would be at halftime.  Surprisingly, I got only one response and that was from High Viz.  He thinks OSH will top out at 150/110.
Granny,  I have had the most terrible headache  for over a week now. Not even  Tylenol or my bp meds are helping. I know the stress of this game has a lot to do with it, as well as my blood pressure running amok. Also, Bull's revelation that Boyle was 5 TDs better than us right now has me on the verge of the ER. I don't know if I will make it til game time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, HighViz
(09-15-2023, 11:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Granny,  I have had the most terrible headache  for over a week now. Not even  Tylenol or my bp meds are helping. I know the stress of this game has a lot to do with it, as well as my blood pressure running amok. Also, Bull's revelation that Boyle was 5 TDs better than us right now has me on the verge of the ER. I don't know if I will make it til game time.
Smile I have cracked up …… that’s how I feel when I run out of coffee creamer….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
Only sissies use coffee creamer!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
Corbin Football

Pride. Tradition. Recruiting. 

I'll take FD by 3 TDs  Woah
(09-15-2023, 12:15 PM)REDPUPPY Wrote: Corbin Football

Pride. Tradition. Recruiting. 

I'll take FD by 3 TDs  Woah

NO WAY !!!!

The Grizzlies are  feasting on horse meat tonight !!!

[Image: https://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp-...00x563.png]
It's Game Day.. Let us see who is the contenter and who is the pretender in this match-up. As much as I dislike saying this, I still say Bio Med school by 2 tds.
Is this game livestreamed anywhere? Surely the way Corbin is talked about on here they livestream their games. Do they at least use the NFHS Network? If it is streamed would someone, please provide the link on here for me. I had an accident at work in February and have had to have multiple knee surgeries and am currently in a wheelchair recovering from hopefully my last surgery and cannot get out to watch games. Thanks hopefully in advance.
T107.3 Redhound Sports
I will be in Mt. Washington tonight but man I wish I could make it to Corbin to see this one. I think it's a good one. Elam is the real deal
[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh5NIZyXgAA0...me=900x900]

Folks, it just means something extra special here.  This community---the place where I was born and raised, and where I still live, is different. Some of that "different" is not so good. And some of it is. Football in this community is more than just a Friday night. It is a way of life. It ties the community together in times in trouble and strife. People in this community lives, dies, sleeps, and breathes Corbin high school football. And it shows on the faces of kids like Brody Wells after an emotional game.

That's why I believe Corbin can do what others say they can't. Yes, Boyle, couldn't handle Douglass. But we're not Boyle. WE'RE CORBIN !!!  And, as many of you skeptics will see tonight,  being Corbin is enough!!! Campbell Field is a special place. I've seen probably 250-300 of the 1,100+ games the Redhounds have played in their 100 year history.  Tonight will add 1 to that total. I'm expecting a magical night!!!

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiBwZwsXgAEA...name=small]

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiBwk5SWIAgY...ame=medium]

(09-15-2023, 01:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh5NIZyXgAA0...me=900x900]

Folks, it just means something extra special here.  This community---the place where I was born and raised, and where I still live, is different. Some of that "different" is not so good. And some of it is. Football in this community is more than just a Friday night. It is a way of life. It ties the community together in times in trouble and strife. People in this community lives, dies, sleeps, and breathes Corbin high school football. And it shows on the faces of kids like Brody Wells after an emotional game.

That's why I believe Corbin can do what others say they can't. Yes, Boyle, couldn't handle Douglass. But we're not Boyle. WE'RE CORBIN !!!  And, as many of you skeptics will see tonight,  being Corbin is enough!!! Campbell Field is a special place. I've seen probably 250-300 of the 1,100+ games the Redhounds have played in their 100 year history.  Tonight will add 1 to that total. I'm expecting a magical night!!!

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiBwZwsXgAEA...name=small]

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiBwk5SWIAgY...ame=medium]

Maaaan, where do you think you are, Permian High in Odessa, TX?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • FastScreen435
(09-15-2023, 11:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Seems a touch extreme.

That was my thought , as well.  I guess finishing undefeated and beating one of the state's best was a really big deal.  Maybe Tommy can try something similar tonight. Announce to the kids that he's leaving to take over for Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator of the Bengals.   Smile

how did Corbin miss the playoffs in 1960?
(09-15-2023, 02:04 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Seems a touch extreme.

how did Corbin miss the playoffs in 1960?

There was a flawed ratings system called the Dickinson system that left them on the outside looking in. If you think RPI was nuts, Dickinson was over the Cuckoo's nest crazy. Very flawed system, worse than today.
(09-15-2023, 01:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: T107.3 Redhound Sports

Thanks so its only on radio?
(09-15-2023, 02:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 01:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: T107.3 Redhound Sports

No, they livestream video, as well. If it's like in past years it's 5 bucks.
  • 16BBall Fan
Boyle couldn’t handle Douglass last year. Pretty sure the same would have happened to any 4A team last year that played that Douglass team. 2 years ago Boyle beat them just about as bad on their field. We’ll see this year. For Corbin and Boyle
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(09-15-2023, 02:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Thanks OSH do you or anyone else on here know the link to be able to get to the livestream?
Boyle couldn’t handle Douglass last year. Pretty sure the same would have happened to any 4A team last year that played that Douglass team, especially without one of their starting linemen, starting defensive back, and starting QB. 2 years ago Boyle beat them just about as bad on their field. We’ll see this year. For Corbin and Boyle
(09-15-2023, 02:29 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

https://t1073.com/Sports.html
  • 16BBall Fan
(09-15-2023, 02:32 PM):)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:29 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

https://t1073.com/Sports.html

Thanks OSH I really appreciate it! Now for only $5 I can watch the Broncos ride into town and run roughshod over the Redhounds. :) Seriously I hope it's a good game that I think will help prepare both teams for the postseason and that no one sustains any injuries.