Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Corbin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
85.11%
Corbin
14.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Douglass at Corbin 9/15
(09-10-2023, 12:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 12:24 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Just my two cents, and I’ve not seen FD play, the big difference between this years Corbin team and last seasons that played at Commonwealth stadium is execution.  It doesn’t matter what offense we run Friday night if we don’t line up and play some mistake free football Corbin’s in trouble…

Im going to be honest with this statement. Rehounds are loaded with talent. I see it. Im a big fan of Kid Elam. I think Corbin has some of the best receivers in 4A. What I have noticed is Corbin has stayed with the run. Now I know they have a defense that can win most games especially with those Grizzly Bears running loose but something seems off on the offensive side of the ball. I guess where Im thinking last years offense and I see this years version, Im like..............................Still waiting to unleash the arm of Kid Elam. Now, Corbin has to go to the arm of Elam and if they stay with the run, I'll be honest, there toast. But in fairness, I know Corbin doesn't have to do much against there schedule because most the teams are down or just lesser opponents other than Frederick Douglass and Lexington Catholic. But LC seemed down from last year. Frederick Douglass is a unknown for me, I don't get to see what they really are because the game film is just not there. Now watching them last year, they was arguably the best team in the state in week 15. Now I don't really know how this years FD team stacks up with last years FD team. But they are defensively tuff. I think if I would say they have a weekness is putting points on the board. That seemed to be there lull last year in the playoffs. But make no mistake about it, FD aint making the trip to lose. I think Corbin being at Home might be in this game closer than expected but Im curious as to how this one will look. I don't think Corbin has shown there hand on offense just yet. If they do, then I might for Old Schools sake lessen his blood pressure a little and shrink the Margin between 1st and 2cd in 4A. But Ill say it now and I'll say it later. Boyle is on another level this season. I do think Corbin is the 2cd best team in 4A. But to play to Boyles level, That offense is sputtering compared to Boyle. Now Corbins defense, now those boys are the best I have seen because of the Grizzlys. I aint walking in the woods near that bunch..... Smile

[2023] Douglass [Frederick] (Lexington, KY) 28 (73%), [2023] Corbin (KY) 19 (27%) Smile Wow, didnt know my prediction was close the Cal Preps...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Corbin 28-21
(09-10-2023, 12:24 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Just my two cents, and I’ve not seen FD play, the big difference between this years Corbin team and last seasons that played at Commonwealth stadium is execution.  It doesn’t matter what offense we run Friday night if we don’t line up and play some mistake free football Corbin’s in trouble…

Im going to be honest with this statement. Rehounds are loaded with talent. I see it. Im a big fan of Kid Elam. I think Corbin has some of the best receivers in 4A. What I have noticed is Corbin has stayed with the run. Now I know they have a defense that can win most games especially with those Grizzly Bears running loose but something seems off on the offensive side of the ball. I guess where Im thinking last years offense and I see this years version, Im like..............................Still waiting to unleash the arm of Kid Elam. Now, Corbin has to go to the arm of Elam and if they stay with the run, I'll be honest, there toast. But in fairness, I know Corbin doesn't have to do much against there schedule because most the teams are down or just lesser opponents other than Frederick Douglass and Lexington Catholic. But LC seemed down from last year. Frederick Douglass is an unknown for me, I don't get to see what they really are because the game film is just not there. Now watching them last year, they was arguably the best team in the state in week 15. Now I don't really know how this years FD team stacks up with last years FD team. But they are defensively tuff. I think if I would say they have a weekness is putting points on the board. That seemed to be there lull last year in the playoffs. But make no mistake about it, FD aint making the trip to lose. I think Corbin being at Home might be in this game closer than expected but Im curious as to how this one will look. I don't think Corbin has shown there hand on offense just yet. If they do, then I might for Old Schools sake lessen his blood pressure a little and shrink the Margin between 1st and 2cd in 4A. But Ill say it now and I'll say it later. Boyle is on another level this season. I do think Corbin is the 2cd best team in 4A. But to play to Boyles level, That offense is sputtering compared to Boyle. Now Corbins defense, now those boys are the best I have seen because of the Grizzlys. I aint walking in the woods near that bunch..... Smile
I agree completely but if you remember back a couple years ago we where loaded with talent too, how long did we wait for the spread and did they ever go to it then?  Yes it was a different QB but I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t Elam’s decision to be running the ball like we have been and again we aren’t playing mistake free football to boot.  Are we winning yes but let’s be honest none of the three wins we have are anywhere close to being on the level of the team coming to town Friday night.  Tell me that it would honestly surprise you for us to be running between the tackles Friday night and I won’t bring it up again?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-10-2023, 07:13 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Im going to be honest with this statement. Rehounds are loaded with talent. I see it. Im a big fan of Kid Elam. I think Corbin has some of the best receivers in 4A. What I have noticed is Corbin has stayed with the run. Now I know they have a defense that can win most games especially with those Grizzly Bears running loose but something seems off on the offensive side of the ball. I guess where Im thinking last years offense and I see this years version, Im like..............................Still waiting to unleash the arm of Kid Elam. Now, Corbin has to go to the arm of Elam and if they stay with the run, I'll be honest, there toast. But in fairness, I know Corbin doesn't have to do much against there schedule because most the teams are down or just lesser opponents other than Frederick Douglass and Lexington Catholic. But LC seemed down from last year. Frederick Douglass is an unknown for me, I don't get to see what they really are because the game film is just not there. Now watching them last year, they was arguably the best team in the state in week 15. Now I don't really know how this years FD team stacks up with last years FD team. But they are defensively tuff. I think if I would say they have a weekness is putting points on the board. That seemed to be there lull last year in the playoffs. But make no mistake about it, FD aint making the trip to lose. I think Corbin being at Home might be in this game closer than expected but Im curious as to how this one will look. I don't think Corbin has shown there hand on offense just yet. If they do, then I might for Old Schools sake lessen his blood pressure a little and shrink the Margin between 1st and 2cd in 4A. But Ill say it now and I'll say it later. Boyle is on another level this season. I do think Corbin is the 2cd best team in 4A. But to play to Boyles level, That offense is sputtering compared to Boyle. Now Corbins defense, now those boys are the best I have seen because of the Grizzlys. I aint walking in the woods near that bunch..... Smile
I agree completely but if you remember back a couple years ago we where loaded with talent too, how long did we wait for the spread and did they ever go to it then?  Yes it was a different QB but I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t Elam’s decision to be running the ball like we have been and again we aren’t playing mistake free football to boot.  Are we winning yes but let’s be honest none of the three wins we have are anywhere close to being on the level of the team coming to town Friday night.  Tell me that it would honestly surprise you for us to be running between the tackles Friday night and I won’t bring it up again?

Running will not work in 4A this year… Seeing Elam run is mind blowing. Why take the chance? I’ll agree, this year reminds me of 2021 all over again the way it’s started.
FD 28
Corbin 14
Look for1A Hazard to be scouting this game instead of game film
[-] The following 3 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Patriot1
(09-10-2023, 09:34 PM)64SUR Wrote: Look for1A Hazard  to be scouting this game instead of game film

Smile
(09-10-2023, 09:33 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Fans who’re picking FD are oblivious to what happens to out of area clubs when they roll into Tri County Allstar Houndtown Stadium.  Douglas will not be leaving Corbin with a W, especially during the grand opening of their new stadium reveal.

Seriously FD would have to be a 4/5 TD favored Team to win this game and their's simply not that much separation, the hounds will be sky high, and the hype will close and overcome whatever point gap FD has.

Funny you said that. When I first about this game being scheduled, I had the same thought: no way Douglass leaves the new Campbell Field with a win.
Ask Alcoa how much fun they had at old Campbell. lol

I agree. The careless penalties and dropped passes have to stop. The defense has to be flying around the field. The offense needs to open it up and spread those horsies out.  If Corbin plays mistake-free , relaxed and fun football, they can hang with Douglass. If we see what we have seen  the first three weeks, Dougie will win by 28.  I think Corbin plays their best game of the season, come out focused, and I believe we see a lot of new wrinkles from the coaching staff. Possibly the best game all season in KY HS football !!!!

No prediction just yet...

(09-10-2023, 07:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Running will not work in 4A this year… Seeing Elam run is mind blowing. Why take the chance? I’ll agree, this year reminds me of 2021 all over again the way it’s started.

Bull, I know big Franklin West played on both sides of the ball at Pulaski but seems like the Corbin announcers mentioned the twins lining up when Corbin had the ball. Maybe I just misheard it but they said "Twins" multiple times. Did the twins play some on offense?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-11-2023, 02:02 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 09:33 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Fans who’re picking FD are oblivious to what happens to out of area clubs when they roll into Tri County Allstar Houndtown Stadium.  Douglas will not be leaving Corbin with a W, especially during the grand opening of their new stadium reveal.

Seriously FD would have to be a 4/5 TD favored Team to win this game and their's simply not that much separation, the hounds will be sky high, and the hype will close and overcome whatever point gap FD has.

Funny you said that. When I first about this game being scheduled, I had the same thought: no way Douglass leaves the new Campbell Field with a win.
Ask Alcoa how much fun they had at old Campbell.  lol

I agree. The careless penalties and dropped passes have to stop. The defense has to be flying around the field. The offense needs to open it up and spread those horsies out.  If Corbin plays mistake-free , relaxed and fun football, they can hang with Douglass. If we see what we have seen  the first three weeks, Dougie will win by 28.  I think Corbin plays their best game of the season, come out focused, and I believe we see a lot of new wrinkles from the coaching staff. Possibly the best game all season in KY HS football !!!!

No prediction just yet...

(09-10-2023, 07:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Bull, I know big Franklin West played on both sides of the ball at Pulaski but seems like the Corbin announcers mentioned the twins lining up when Corbin had the ball. Maybe I just misheard it but they said "Twins" multiple times. Did the twins play some on offense?
I was busy this weekend and haven’t got to watch the Corbin game to break it down. We just caught the main plays and I didn’t pay attention to the details of the game other than West a couple of plays being on defense. I’m gonna watch it today and check it out.
Not been in impressed with FD so far. 

I'm rooting for the mountain team anyway. 

Corbin- 35
FD- 34
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Deuce8, Old School Hound
Here is the Hoban and Douglass highlights......

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPN8qIfZJA]
Similar game coming. Comparing the 2. Freddie D will will have 5 or 6 Grizzlies compared to the hounds 2. They have some Michigan, Perdue, Arkansas, Ky commits too.
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
(09-11-2023, 10:35 PM)HighViz Wrote: Similar game coming.  Comparing the 2.    Freddie D will will have 5 or 6 Grizzlies compared to the hounds 2. They have some Michigan, Perdue, Arkansas, Ky commits too.

That Hoban team was loaded.... I couldn't imagine what they looked like the last few years even before this season.  Smile I look past the Hoban players and see Frederick Douglass hosses in the background.... They got humbled... They can humble you....LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz
Yet another slice of humble pie on the menu for Fred Doug?

Campbell Field has claimed as victims  its share of powerhouse squads---  Louisville Manuel in '60 ,  Highlands in '62 (Corbin shut them out and stunned many people across the state),  Alcoa (TN)  in 2017  , Boyle in 2018 (Tommy's D shut out the juggernaut Boyle offense). How many gave Corbin a chance to shut out mighty Boyle or defeat Tennessee's perennial powerhouse, Alcoa? 

Both Manuel and Highlands were every bit( if not more) as highly regarded, as Frederick Douglass .  In fact, in '62 when Highlands came to Corbin for the state semifinals, they were the two-time defending state champ and had won 34 games in a row. The Bluebirds were  undefeated for over three years until Campbell Field claimed them in a shutout loss, shocking the state of Kentucky.  Strange things happen at Campbell Field in Corbin as the calendar  closes in on October. I've seen the magic before. Strange, strange magic that old(and now new) Campbell Field... It can haunt the most worthy of opponents and I wouldn't be surprised if it has more haunts in store come Friday evening.

[Image: https://scontent.fosu2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=65053DF7]
[Image: https://scontent.fosu2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=6505C390]
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(09-10-2023, 02:17 PM)Corbin Wrote: I actually have

Fred 24
Corbin 14

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the other way though. Corbin's Defense is the real deal so long as they don't let speed get to the outside. Corners are the weak spot but the twins are college ready right now on the D line and at Edge.
Corners are best thing about Defense..
Freddy 28 Corbin 21
(09-12-2023, 01:29 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 02:17 PM)Corbin Wrote: I actually have

Fred 24
Corbin 14

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the other way though. Corbin's Defense is the real deal so long as they don't let speed get to the outside. Corners are the weak spot but the twins are college ready right now on the D line and at Edge.
Corners are best thing about Defense..

They play hard and they are good on the ball but lack in speed. The D Line is best thing about the Defense from what I've seen.
After watching the Catholic/Corbin game and seeing FD play also in person. I don’t think this will be close due to what I saw Corbin do, they have to be 70-30 pass to be competitive, and I’m not sure they can do that. Very hard to run the ball against FD. I’m going 42-14 FD. I’ve also watched Boyle in person and they are faster and probably better than Douglas unfortunately.
[-] The following 2 users Like Football Man 23's post:
  • HighViz, Jack Lambert
(09-12-2023, 12:38 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Yet another slice of humble pie on the menu for Fred Doug?

Campbell Field has claimed as victims  its share of powerhouse squads---  Louisville Manuel in '60 ,  Highlands in '62 (Corbin shut them out and stunned many people across the state),  Alcoa (TN)  in 2017  , Boyle in 2018 (Tommy's D shut out the juggernaut Boyle offense). How many gave Corbin a chance to shut out mighty Boyle or defeat Tennessee's perennial powerhouse, Alcoa? 

Both Manuel and Highlands were every bit( if not more) as highly regarded, as Frederick Douglass .  In fact, in '62 when Highlands came to Corbin for the state semifinals, they were the two-time defending state champ and had won 34 games in a row. The Bluebirds were  undefeated for over three years until Campbell Field claimed them in a shutout loss, shocking the state of Kentucky.  Strange things happen at Campbell Field in Corbin as the calendar  closes in on October. I've seen the magic before. Strange, strange magic that old(and now new) Campbell Field... It can haunt the most worthy of opponents and I wouldn't be surprised if it has more haunts in store come Friday evening.

[Image: https://scontent.fosu2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=65053DF7]
[Image: https://scontent.fosu2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=6505C390]

Corbin made the finals at Stoll Field that year but lost to the Danville Admirals and Sammy Burke.
Voting shows 34 for FD and 4 for Corbin…it’s early..
There’s not an offensive lineman in this state that can block the twins 1 on 1. And that makes a ripple in an offensive scheme. Every pass you gotta double one, and then worry about the other. Plus the other athletes corbin has. Corbin may not run the ball effectively on this FD team, but this FD team may not move the ball on this corbin team. Low scoring, grind it out game. Probably a defensive touchdown for one team somewhere. But i can’t fathom the impact that these twins make on teams trying to gameplan. And even tho these teams are close to eachother on paper, who’s gonna account for the game being played on campbell field, with 13th region homer refs, on the reopening of the stadium… cmon guys do we really think the red hound club is gonna let this game be lost.

Corbin 21
Douglass 17

Corbin
Corbin may as well not show up , I guess.  In fact, just cancel the rest of the season since they have no shot against a 5 TD favorite in Boyle in the playoffs.  You folks have a lot to learn about Campbell Field and a good Corbin football team. 

Corbin has been pointing to this game for months. I would rate the chances of this Lexington team leaving Corbin  and the newly revamped Campbell Field with a win at about the same me banging Taylor Swift Friday night.  I believe in our Corbin(and Somerset and Connecticut) youngsters. I believe we are gonna see magic return to Campbell Field. 

From the magical year of 1982, when the Hounds last reached the pinnacle in KY HS football:

FDU 24-14, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way in Corbin. Not a shocker if the visitors get enough penalty yardage to end up all the way back up Roy Kidd Avenue to the post office.
Douglass will receive the ALCOA treatment, but supersized. Again, I doubt I get laid by Taylor Swift on Friday and I doubt Douglass has much fun in Corbin on Friday eve.
(09-12-2023, 05:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin may as well not show up , I guess.  In fact, just cancel the rest of the season since they have no shot against a 5 TD favorite in Boyle in the playoffs.  You folks have a lot to learn about Campbell Field and a good Corbin football team. 

Corbin has been pointing to this game for months. I would rate the chances of this Lexington team leaving Corbin  and the newly revamped Campbell Field with a win at about the same me banging Taylor Swift Friday night.  I believe in our Corbin(and Somerset and Connecticut) youngsters. I believe we are gonna see magic return to Campbell Field. 

From the magical year of 1982, when the Hounds last reached the pinnacle in KY HS football:

Smile When have I ever stated Corbin doesn't have a shot? Just because I said they at this point of the season they are below Boyle County doesn't mean nothing no more than a little bit of wasted hot air. But a long season is ahead for all teams. Who knows what will happen by seasons end. I hope every team is healthy and gets to represent to there fullest capabilities. Thats what makes the playoffs so fun. What about cancel the season....Gee whiz... I hope Corbin can win this game. But if the Frederick Douglass last season was the best team I have watched in a long time. I don't know what this team is this year, I haven't seen them to be able to predict properly. I know one thing, No one is going to stand toe to toe with ST X and not be good. Not many teams go into Trinity and spank them as well. If Corbin beats Frederick Douglass then a massive earthquake will hit the state in every forum and all polls... Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz, Jack Lambert
(09-12-2023, 06:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 05:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin may as well not show up , I guess.  In fact, just cancel the rest of the season since they have no shot against a 5 TD favorite in Boyle in the playoffs.  You folks have a lot to learn about Campbell Field and a good Corbin football team. 

Smile When have I ever stated Corbin doesn't have a shot? Just because I said they at this point of the season they are below Boyle County doesn't mean nothing no more than a little bit of wasted hot air. But a long season is ahead for all teams. Who knows what will happen by seasons end. I hope every team is healthy and gets to represent to there fullest capabilities. Thats what makes the playoffs so fun. What about cancel the season....Gee whiz... I hope Corbin can win this game. But if the Frederick Douglass last season was the best team I have watched in a long time. I don't know what this team is this year, I haven't seen them to be able to predict properly. I know one thing, No one is going to stand toe to toe with ST X and not be good. Not many teams go into Trinity and spank them as well. If Corbin beats Frederick Douglass then a massive earthquake will hit the state in every forum and all polls... Smile

The massive earthquake will be Corbin from #2 Cantrell to #1 Cantrell, followed by an after shock of Corbin from #4 KSR to #3 KSR and another tremor from Corbin going from -2 Calpreps vs Boyle to +2 Calpreps  vs Boyle   All of these computer rankings have the Redhounds as one of the premier teams in the state, close to or even slightly above Boyle. Corbin has an defense that is capable of stopping good offenses. Corbin has yet to show its hand on offense. They are capable of being explosive. Being below Boyle is one thing. Being 5 TDs below Boyle is the equivalent of everyone playing for second place. Now, I agree, if Corbin continues to be lackluster like they have been, then I don't see them hanging with Boyle. But I don't think we've anything close to what Corbin can be.  What Corbin CAN be is a very good football team capable  of shutting down  really good teams and scoring a lot of points when they have the ball.. They have a very high ceiling. Will they reach that ceiling? Only time will tell.

Btw, I have the utmost respect for your football knowledge. I was just having a little fun at your assessment of the differential between Boyle and the rest of 4A.  Smile Your ability to breakdown and analyze the X's and O's far surpasses what I am capable of. That's why I was so concerned that you feel like my Hounds are 5 Tds inferior to Boyle. All these other ratings have Corbin pretty much even with Boyle. So I'm wondering what does Bull know that Cantrell, KSR, and Calpreps doesn't. It has caused me to have episodes of high blood pressure and heart palpitations. I just hope that our kids don't buy in to the belief that they are 35 points in the negative to the best 4A  football team out there.

I hope all of the Corbin fans  on here(and there's been several) who have been slobbering all over the knobs of the Boyle coaches and players will see enough on Friday night out of the Hounds to make them revisit their prognostications of the Corbin-Boyle hypothetical. Maybe we can knock off at least a TD or two from that differential.   Smile  I've lived in Corbin most of my life. I bleed RED! Cincinnati Reds and Corbin Redhounds!  I hate like hell the way things are done around this town with their GOB politics. I think ushering Haddix out of town was a huge mistake that will likely cost multiple state titles. But at the end of the day, I'm a Redhound and I want to see Tommy Greer succeed much more than I want to see Justin Haddix succeed. 

Now, if my Hounds come out and lay another egg Friday night,  I'll eat my crow and admit that maybe the Corbin fans on here who say Boyle far outclasses Corbin are right. But, in my opinion, the Freddie Dougs from Fayette County have a better chance of losing to Corbin at Campbell Field than they do of losing to Boyle in Lexington. And that's the bottom line cause OSH said so!!!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-12-2023, 05:17 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: There’s not an offensive lineman in this state that can block the twins 1 on 1. And that makes a ripple in an offensive scheme. Every pass you gotta double one, and then worry about the other. Plus the other athletes corbin has. Corbin may not run the ball effectively on this FD team, but this FD team may not move the ball on this corbin team. Low scoring, grind it out game. Probably a defensive touchdown for one team somewhere. But i can’t fathom the impact that these twins make on teams trying to gameplan. And even tho these teams are close to eachother on paper, who’s gonna account for the game being played on campbell field, with 13th region homer refs, on the reopening of the stadium… cmon guys do we really think the red hound club is gonna let this game be lost.

Corbin 21
Douglass 17 

Corbin
Pulaski moved the ball pretty good against us.
Smile I don’t know what they look at when making their rankings Corbin is in that top 5-7 team in the state for sure. St X. , Male, Frederick Douglass, Boyle are the top 4. Why? I’ll let those teams be self explanatory when they matchup with the heavyweights. Now, football is a game that can have that on any given night syndrome as well. I saw a Bullitt East team take the crown last year. Not 1 poll had Bullitt East winning the 6A title. No one other than a few fans was saying they had much of a chance. Corbin the last couple of years has had teams that were right there. This years team is no different. Now I’ll throw this pooch kick in the mix. I have watched a many of good teams the last couple of years. I think a couple weeks ago I witnessed the best two offensive teams I have seen. Boyle and then LCA. That’s no shade on anyone. That’s just the truth. Not many fans this way will see those offenses. I have. I know a good football team when I see one. As always when all the marbles are on the table, all teams tighten up and points spreads close when it’s an elimination game. I like reading your stuff Old School. I’m a big fan of the Red team. I’m just not a fan of politics……  Smile I’ll not go into that as the season is under way. Corbin has a opportunity to beat one of the top 4 teams in the state this Friday. Arguably the top team overall. But this years schedules has the top teams playing similar opponents and by season’s end, it will all be sorted out by there play on the field. We all will know who the top teams are by the end of week 10.
(09-13-2023, 02:17 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 05:17 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: There’s not an offensive lineman in this state that can block the twins 1 on 1. And that makes a ripple in an offensive scheme. Every pass you gotta double one, and then worry about the other. Plus the other athletes corbin has. Corbin may not run the ball effectively on this FD team, but this FD team may not move the ball on this corbin team. Low scoring, grind it out game. Probably a defensive touchdown for one team somewhere. But i can’t fathom the impact that these twins make on teams trying to gameplan. And even tho these teams are close to eachother on paper, who’s gonna account for the game being played on campbell field, with 13th region homer refs, on the reopening of the stadium… cmon guys do we really think the red hound club is gonna let this game be lost.

Corbin 21
Douglass 17 

Corbin
Good point but they didn’t score a point and the twins had 27 combined tackles and didn’t play the 4th.
(09-13-2023, 01:15 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 02:17 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Corbin 21
Douglass 17 

Corbin
Good point but they didn’t score a point and the twins had 27 combined tackles and didn’t play the 4th.

Aug 18, 23 Pikeville at Corbin (L) 12 - 34  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 23 Danville away (W) 47 - 6  Whitaker Bank Pigskin Classic 
Sep 1, 23 George Rogers Clark away (L) 7 - 30 
Sep 8, 23 Corbin home (L) 0 - 43 

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=89894

Yep, I see they don't hardly score many points at all... Smile