Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
77.27%
Lexington Catholic
22.73%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin vs Lexington Catholic 9/1
(08-28-2023, 12:59 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: Corbin sucks so it really don’t matter to can’t hang with Boyle county

Looks like birdie is  in the rough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound
(08-28-2023, 03:16 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Lexington Catholic at home is no pushover.  Corbin doesn't bring their A game the Knights can make it interesting.

I agree. The Knights are almost always a very competitive team.
(08-28-2023, 09:44 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:24 PM)64SUR Wrote: My way of thinking this could be a running clock

Corbin 56
Lexington Catholic 10
^^
Pay attentions to my prediction ^^

Redhounds are coming
Come on pjdoug what do you think and give us your prediction
(08-28-2023, 10:20 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 09:44 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:24 PM)64SUR Wrote: My way of thinking this could be a running clock

Corbin 56
Lexington Catholic 10
^^
Pay attentions to my prediction ^^

Redhounds are coming
Come on pjdoug what do you think and give us your prediction

Corbin 35-21
Week 1- LC defense played with no energy and looked overmatched at the LOS. W2 against Madison Central, much more aggressive. The offense should put enough points on the board most weeks to keep the game close.

Catholic has had a couple of kids miss the first 2 games because of injury. Have not seen Corbin play, but aside from last year, Corbin rarely lives up to the hype and has to overcome its own coaching staff.

Catholic 35
Corbin 34
(08-29-2023, 11:22 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: Week 1- LC defense played with no energy and looked overmatched at the LOS. W2 against Madison Central, much more aggressive. The offense should put enough points on the board most weeks to keep the game close.

Catholic has had a couple of kids miss the first 2 games because of injury. Have not seen Corbin play, but aside from last year, Corbin rarely lives up to the hype and has to overcome its own coaching staff.

Catholic 35
Corbin 34

I hope you are in attendence.  Smile Look me up. I'll buy you a moon pie and you can tell me how untalented this team is...

[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/8CgiJ7oHcrXt6/giphy.gif]
hounds running clock imo
Unless your name is Boyle Co, no one is “running clock” LC. Corbin will still win but not a running clock.
corbin and the twins win big 48-14
One thing I like about this matchup for Corbin is they will face a QB that will flat out put the needle on the record when needed. If LC trys to run the ball, they are toast. LCs best attack is to expose Corbins secondary. Lexington Catholic had some very good recievers when I saw them last year. They are very capable of pulling a upset. But if there Oline isn't prepared, then LC QB wont be sitting in the pocket for 2 hours to throw.....The edge rushers should have a impact in this game. LC did a good job in the game I watched when they upset Boyle in protecting the QB with the running backs. They will need to be on high alert in this one. I think LCs best attack is to shorten there passing game, they wont have time to throw deep. I can't wait.  Smile

[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/gmDwphaOWmfkY/giphy.gif]
Catholic has always been pass happy they probably ran the ball maybe 25%~ 30% of the time, lull you to sleep with the short passing game then burn you when you’re least expected, I know that they have a new coach but I would expect their offense to be pretty close to what it’s always been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-29-2023, 11:22 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: Week 1- LC defense played with no energy and looked overmatched at the LOS. W2 against Madison Central, much more aggressive. The offense should put enough points on the board most weeks to keep the game close.

Catholic 35
Corbin 34
I wouldn't read too much into the Madison Central game. When a team has to start their third-string QB in the second game of the season because of injuries, both their offense and defense tends to suffer tremendously. But I agree with your comment about Corbin and the hype game. They usually do not live up to the hype.

However, three of the Red Hounds' top players have never played for Corbin before, so maybe they are the real deal. The recent transfer Smith twins combined for 14 solo tackles in their first game. Their other transfer must be disappointed with only having two carries in his first game with his new team, but it is too early to say that he was over-hyped.
^^. Guy Bailey 1 receiveing catches for 58yds & for Touchdown not a bad night
(08-29-2023, 06:31 PM)64SUR Wrote: ^^. Guy Bailey 1 receiveing catches for 58yds & for Touchdown not a bad night
I thought he was a running back. Two carries for a game, even at 10+ ypc has to be a lighter load than he expected. Am I wrong?

If I had transferred for my senior season, I would expect to be one of the focal points of the offense - especially after bringing the Smith twins with me. Cool
(08-29-2023, 06:33 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:31 PM)64SUR Wrote: ^^. Guy Bailey 1 receiveing catches for 58yds & for Touchdown not a bad night
I thought he was a running back. Two carries for a game, even at 10+ ypc has to be a lighter load than he expected. Am I wrong?
Starting varsity only ran 3 rushing play and Qb ran the other one.  Corbin score quick!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Lucas
(08-29-2023, 06:38 PM)64SUR Wrote:
Starting varsity only ran 3 rushing play and Qb ran the other one.  Corbin score quick!!
Corbin would have gotten a better look playing an intra squad scrimmage and keeping week #1 open as opposed to scheduling Hughes. Do not see the benefit in playing that game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Iggyfan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
This is the measuring stick early on for the hounds for everyone on the app. If the hype train is real, this could be a route. If it ain’t, they may drop this game cause catholic played a very good cov cath team close. Regardless i think they win by 2 scores. If they win by more, they prove they live up to the hype and will be great possibly unstoppable. If they win by less or lose, i think the hype train may derail earlier than one would predict.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
Pride goeth before a fall - and I am seeing a heap of premature pride being expressed here. 4A is not a 2-team race this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucas's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-29-2023, 09:48 PM)Lucas Wrote: Pride goeth before a fall - and I am seeing a heap of premature pride being expressed here. 4A is not a 2-team race this season.

1. Boyle 
2. Corbin
3. Covington Catholic
4. Johnson Central 
4. Franklin County 
5. Paducah Tilghman
5. Ashland

This is the teams for now that I will talk about and there may be others. RPI will take out most of this field by round 4. I see Boyle and Corbin. Who do you see? Smile
(08-29-2023, 10:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 09:48 PM)Lucas Wrote: Pride goeth before a fall - and I am seeing a heap of premature pride being expressed here. 4A is not a 2-team race this season.

1. Boyle 
2. Corbin
3. Covington Catholic
4. Johnson Central 
4. Franklin County 
5. Paducah Tilghman
5. Ashland

This is the teams for now that I will talk about and there may be others. RPI will take out most of this field by round 4. I see Boyle and Corbin. Who do you see? Smile
I see Covington Catholic potentially running the table and finishing #1 in 4A RPI. I see at least four teams capable of beating Corbin or Boyle County on a given night. In Boyle County's case, a loss is not likely in 4A, but a key injury or two could make them very vulnerable to a playoff upset,

I agree that Boyle's speed - if everyone stays healthy gives the Rebels an edge in their pursuit of another title but they have a long season ahead.
(08-29-2023, 11:08 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 10:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

1. Boyle 
2. Corbin
3. Covington Catholic
4. Johnson Central 
4. Franklin County 
5. Paducah Tilghman
5. Ashland

I see Covington Catholic potentially running the table and finishing #1 in 4A RPI. I see at least four teams capable of beating Corbin or Boyle County on a given night. In Boyle County's case, a loss is not likely in 4A, but a key injury or two could make them very vulnerable to a playoff upset,

I agree that Boyle's speed - if everyone stays healthy gives the Rebels an edge in their pursuit of another title but they have a long season ahead.

I do see Covington Catholic running the table, if Beechwood doesn't spoil the party.
With a very weak distract they are in doesn’t really make since to play a 3a and 1a school and a below avg out of state team ha
(08-30-2023, 02:03 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: With a very weak distract they are in doesn’t really make since to play a 3a and 1a school and a below avg out of state team ha

Give up golf and pick up English.

Punctuation can be your friend.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8

If I had transferred for my senior season, I would expect to be one of the focal points of the offense - especially after bringing the Smith twins with me. Cool
Tommy’s favorite quote “ it’s not about me it’s about the C…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-30-2023, 02:03 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: With a very weak distract they are in doesn’t really make since to play a 3a and 1a school and a below avg out of state team ha
It's definitely a weak schedule for a 4A powerhouse team. Boyle County and Covington Catholic both have much better schedules to prepare them for the playoffs, although all three teams are big fish in tiny ponds as far as district play is concerned.

(08-30-2023, 10:09 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Star players don't transfer to sacrifice personal glory for a new team. They are drawn to the spotlight.
(08-30-2023, 10:11 AM)Lucas Wrote:
It's definitely a weak schedule for a 4A powerhouse team. Boyle County and Covington Catholic both have much better schedules to prepare them for the playoffs, although all three teams are big fish in tiny ponds as far as district play is concerned.

(08-30-2023, 10:09 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Star players don't transfer to sacrifice personal glory for a new team. They are drawn to the spotlight.

Covington Catholic definitely has the weakest schedule of Corbin, Boyle and CC.

I would talk... Go back and play call against those little mediocre 1A schools on your own schedule...  Big Grin
(08-30-2023, 10:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I would talk... Go back and play call against those little mediocre 1A schools on your own schedule...  Big Grin

I was unaware that I had a schedule
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScratchGolf's post:
  • Iggyfan
(08-30-2023, 07:55 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 10:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If you ain’t the. Get up with me and we will go hit a few. Mr. Golf Man.
(08-30-2023, 07:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 07:55 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 10:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If you ain’t the. Get up with me and we will go hit a few. Mr. Golf Man.

Playing golf and paying for moon pies. Sounds like a big week for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Nygfan106wins