Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
31.03%
Pikeville
68.97%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central vs Pikeville 8/26
(08-21-2023, 06:12 PM)Woodshed Wrote: I hate to disappoint you haters but JC is not done yet, are they as good as they have been in the past? That remains to be seen but how do you judge a team that has played one game on the season? Because they have a sub par performance in their first game you say they are done ??

stick a fork in em.
(08-20-2023, 06:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 02:01 PM)Woodshed Wrote: I'm pulling for JC but after their performance against Madison Central I'm really concerned about this one. I'm not taking anything away from coach Peck, he will be fine but I'd feel a lot better about this one if we had our little general on the sidelines.
Coach Matney was a great coach and a great man but I have been impressed with Coach Peck. I would have loved for my sons to have played for either of them. One of the best things that Coach Peck has done has been the weekly Coach Jesse Peck show. He does a great job recognizing the achievements of his players and staff and spreading the credit around for success.

I am also concerned, but I think that the Madison Central game was a case of how much the loss or one of the team's biggest weapons hurts in an early season game. Coach Peck played a lot of running backs but Johnson Central needs the ball in the hands of Zack McCoart, Logan Music, and Carter Conley as much as possible when the game is on the line. Hopefully, everybody will be healthy for the Pikeville game.

I thought there were a lot of positives in the Madison Central game. The defensive line was able to get a lot of pressure on MC's quarterback and the offensive line wore down MC's line, which compensated some for McCoart being out. Jacob Grimm played a great game and JC had no turnovers. The offense just wasn't firing on all cylinders without McCoart, which surprised me some. I expected that Carter Conley would pick up the slack but MC did a very good job containing Conley.

Win lose or draw I'm proud of them JC Eagles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas
How long is McCoart out?
(08-22-2023, 05:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 12:45 AM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.

You got that right, RF.
You and Ralph don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, dumb and dumbest.
Haha! Doug you don’t know anything about sports. Bet you were the captain of the chess team when you were in school.

(08-22-2023, 06:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 06:12 PM)Woodshed Wrote: I hate to disappoint you haters but JC is not done yet, are they as good as they have been in the past? That remains to be seen but how do you judge a team that has played one game on the season? Because they have a sub par performance in their first game you say they are done ??

stick a fork in em.
LMBO We won 10 games last year! That was a down year for us. When was the last time your team won that many ball games? Whenever you wanna take a break from playing chess master come on down to Johnson county and check out our trophy case.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lloyd Christmas's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Waitaminute
(08-22-2023, 11:04 AM)Lloyd Christmas Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.

You got that right, RF.

Haha! Doug you don’t know anything about sports. Bet you were the captain of the chess team when you were in school.

stick a fork in em.
LMBO We won 10 games last year! That was a down year for us. When was the last time your team won that many ball games? Whenever you wanna take a break from playing chess master come on down to Johnson county and check out our trophy case.
I would take that bet. There is no way that Dougie was captain of a chess team, or the debate team, or....
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas, Woodshed
(08-22-2023, 11:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: You got that right, RF.

stick a fork in em.
I would take that bet. There is no way that Dougie was captain of a chess team, or the debate team, or....
Lmbo! He might have been If those teams are anything like the football program he supports.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lloyd Christmas's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Woodshed
I'd appreciate you fellas laying off my family. Dougie's family and he could wipe the floor with any of you in a game of chess, I assure you. He plays with your feeble minds all the time and you don't even realize it. Plus, his school just won a state championship, thank you very much !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas
(08-22-2023, 12:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'd appreciate you fellas laying off my family. Dougie's family and he could wipe the floor with any of you in a game of chess, I assure you.  He plays with your feeble minds all the time and you don't even realize it. Plus, his school just won a state championship, thank you very much !
LMBO.  That’s some funny stuff right there
(08-21-2023, 08:25 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 07:49 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 11:52 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people are beginning to think what Ralph Furley said out loud: This might not be your daddy's Johnson Central football program. I'm not going to say it because they still might come out and put 500+ rushing yards up on someone and I don't want it to be this week lol.

BUT there have been cracks in the armor. Losing by multiple scores to Corbin and Ironton, losing a shocker to NL, barely getting by Letcher by 1 at home, Madison Central taking them to the last minute at home...

It can be argued that JC didn't beat a good team last year - Belfry had weakest team in ages and got blown out by Ashland by 41 in the playoffs, Letcher lost 49-0 to Corbin in playoffs, rest of the teams they beat were mediocre at very best.

I'm not making a prediction on this game. Either team could win and nobody should be shocked. Pikeville's offense very good but we will have to see if the defense can stand up to the withering rushing attack of JC. Win over Pulaski was good but a passing team with a freshman RB (albeit a good one) isn't what they will have to deal with this week. Some new, very young faces on the Pikeville defense.They will be great but it will be a process.

Should be a great game and PCB will be a fantastic atmosphere. Pikeville and Pike Co., Prestonsburg and Floyd Co., Johnson Co. and Paintsville will all be in the same stadium on the same night. Hope the world doesn't blow up lol...

Should be a great game.

That’s as honest assessment as can be given about the state of the program at JC right now.  It is what it is, and let’s call it that way.  

The fact of the matter is EKY Football is better when Pikeville, Belfry, and Johnson Central are in contention each year. 2 of those have taken a step back for different reasons and that needs to be remedied.
 it can be argued Pikeville didn’t beat a good team last year. Both lost to corbin jc rushed for 100 more yards than pikeville and had over 100 receiving yards while pikeville had 60. I don’t think either of those games was to far out of reach.
It could also be argued that the earth is flat.
(08-21-2023, 09:36 AM)i82much Wrote: Losing would definitely be a bigger setback for Johnson Central....but....I don't think that time has come. I'm not as informed about these two teams as most people on this thread so I don't have any specifics as to why I believe this.  I'm on the outside looking in and most people in my situation are just going to look at first week scores. I feel the perceived mediocre performance by JC is a coaches dream. So much material to use this week. Both "concrete" material to use in practice and "motivational" material to use in the locker room. It's not over yet, the Golden Eagles soar 35-21.

I was at the Pikeville 1A vs Pulaski County 5A Team and I thought Pikeville dominated both sides of ball and just out athleted Pulaski. I watched Pikeville at Corbin last year and no matter what the score showed Pikeville was better team in that game. As season went on both teams got better. I said that to say this, this years Pikeville Team is really good already and if they get much better I’m going to say Johnson Central is beat. However, JC has the backfield to run all over Pikeville Defense once they start rolling. Looked like the blocking was off compared to normal against Madison Central but the test will be when JC comes to Corbin. If Elam and Stewart hook up it’ll be air raid all night and JC will get beat by 3 TD’s.. Pikeville 28-21 over JC eagles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • i82much
Usually when 2 great programs meet up it's a lower scoring game more times than not.

For all I know it'll be a shootout but I'm taking the Panthers in a defensive battle.

Pikeville 15 Johnson Central 14

Here's to a injury free game and both teams are still playing late in the playoffs in a few months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Nations Elite
(08-22-2023, 07:14 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Usually when 2 great programs meet up it's a lower scoring game more times than not.

For all I know it'll be a shootout but I'm taking the Panthers in a defensive battle.

Pikeville 15 Johnson Central 14

Here's to an injury free game and both teams are still playing late in the playoffs in a few months.
I hope the Eagles get the win but I agree with you I hope this is an injury free game. It’s going to be a dandy of a ball game
I like @Humpty Dumpty thoughts!!!

Going 21-18 Pikeville!!!!
A healthy JC I would give a slight edge to, but that doesn’t sound like that’s the case. However, JC is still going to get theirs on the ground and eat up clock. 24 points is probably a winner.

Panthers 22
Eagles 21
2pt conversion is the difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-22-2023, 12:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'd appreciate you fellas laying off my family. Dougie's family and he could wipe the floor with any of you in a game of chess, I assure you.  He plays with your feeble minds all the time and you don't even realize it. Plus, his school just won a state championship, thank you very much !

They take the bait as I slowly lure them in. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-22-2023, 11:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: You got that right, RF.

stick a fork in em.

I'm a master strategist.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville by as many as they want !!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • pjdoug
I can honestly see this game going either way. I think some of Pikeville’s newer less experienced players better get ready for the most physical game of their young careers.
But also I think Pikeville’s offense is much more complex and polished than Madison Centrals, so I could see the Panthers having some success. I’m just glad I get to be there. Expecting a monstrous crowd for that Sat night game. It’s not the end of the world for either team if they lose. Take it, use it to get better and get ready for the next week. I love these huge high school football matchups. Like many other posters said, let’s hope for a clean and injury free game and both teams play their tails off. That’s how it supposed to be. I’ll be rooting for the Panthers but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see either or both of these teams hoisting trophies in early December.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
Guys, if you're going to trash talk, leave each other's moms out of it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • jetpilot, pjdoug
(08-22-2023, 11:51 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Pikeville by as many as they want !!!
Get real man !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • Deuce8
Will this game be streamed online anywhere?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • Lloyd Christmas
(08-23-2023, 09:46 AM)Fanman Wrote: Will this game be streamed online anywhere?

It would about have to be. I’d like to watch it myself.
Mountain Top Sports has a livestream of most Pikeville games, at least all the home games.

Since this is the Pike County Bowl I'm not sure though but I would think it will be on there.

https://mountaintop.vhx.tv/
[-] The following 3 users Like Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson, Westside
Johnson central 28 Pikeville 14
I only know Pikeville got better today
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Gargamels
(08-23-2023, 09:48 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 09:46 AM)Fanman Wrote: Will this game be streamed online anywhere?

It would about have to be. I’d like to watch it myself.

Wymt will be streaming all of the Pike County Bowl games. Mountain Top doesn't have the rights. Although they will be streaming all of Pikeville's other Home games.
JC: 35
Pikeville: 7
(08-23-2023, 04:17 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I only know Pikeville got better today

Please share info pretty please!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1
(08-23-2023, 05:00 PM)Leroy Brown Wrote: JC: 35
Pikeville: 7

Rob a bank if you have to but for the love of 
God please bring a huge sack of money to the game...
JC didn’t do that against Madison Central let alone Pikeville at Pikeville.