Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs Pikeville 8/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Johnson Central will travel to Pikeville this Saturday. 

Johnson Central (1-0)
Aug 18, 23 Madison Central home (W) 28 - 21

Pikeville (1-0)
Aug 18, 23 Pulaski County at Corbin (W) 34 - 12

History
NONE

Thoughts?

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Pikeville leads the All-Time series 5-2:

1971 Pikeville 40 Johnson Central 14
1972 Pikeville 75 Johnson Central 0
1973 Pikeville 38 Johnson Central 12
1974 Johnson Central 7 Pikeville 6
1975 Pikeville 15 Johnson Central 6
1976 Johnson Central 7 Pikeville 0
1977 Pikeville 26 Johnson Central 0
I hate to pick against Johnson Central early but that last game with Madison Central was a shocker. Madison Central didn't have there better running back as I watched him run all over Bowling Green last night. I think it will be a close game if Pikevilles coach runs the right run defense on Johnson Central. Pikeville beat a Pulaski and convincingly.

Pikeville 28
Johnson Central 21

I would not be surprised to see the teams flipped and Johnson Central winning this game. But this one is at Pikeville...

Kind of feel like Pikeville makes a statement that they haven’t and won’t be, going anywhere in terms of being a top program in the state regardless of class.
Pikeville-20
Johnson central-14
I am taking Pikeville but I don’t know if Pikeville can handle the run game of the Golden Eagles
I'm pulling for JC but after their performance against Madison Central I'm really concerned about this one. I'm not taking anything away from coach Peck, he will be fine but I'd feel a lot better about this one if we had our little general on the sidelines.
Pikeville 42 Johnson Central 20
(08-20-2023, 04:59 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville 42 Johnson Central 20

Woah
Class snobs beware ! Pikeville dictates the score.
Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.
I hope Pikeville win this one……….but………. Ok I said it Johnson Central win in a high scoring game.

Johnson Central 42
Pikeville 35
I wish this had been the game of the week for Pick'm. It looks like Johnson Central is a heavy underdog.  I just hope that they can keep the margin respectable.
(08-20-2023, 05:33 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Pikeville win this one……….but………. Ok I said it Johnson Central win in a high scoring game.

Johnson Central 42
Pikeville 35

Woah
Pikeville wins but I think it’ll be low scoring.
17-12
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.
JC ain't going no where.
Pikeville 35-21
Pikeville by 2 scores
(08-20-2023, 02:01 PM)Woodshed Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pulling for JC but after their performance against Madison Central I'm really concerned about this one. I'm not taking anything away from coach Peck, he will be fine but I'd feel a lot better about this one if we had our little general on the sidelines.
Coach Matney was a great coach and a great man but I have been impressed with Coach Peck. I would have loved for my sons to have played for either of them. One of the best things that Coach Peck has done has been the weekly Coach Jesse Peck show. He does a great job recognizing the achievements of his players and staff and spreading the credit around for success.

I am also concerned, but I think that the Madison Central game was a case of how much the loss or one of the team's biggest weapons hurts in an early season game. Coach Peck played a lot of running backs but Johnson Central needs the ball in the hands of Zack McCoart, Logan Music, and Carter Conley as much as possible when the game is on the line. Hopefully, everybody will be healthy for the Pikeville game.

I thought there were a lot of positives in the Madison Central game. The defensive line was able to get a lot of pressure on MC's quarterback and the offensive line wore down MC's line, which compensated some for McCoart being out. Jacob Grimm played a great game and JC had no turnovers. The offense just wasn't firing on all cylinders without McCoart, which surprised me some. I expected that Carter Conley would pick up the slack but MC did a very good job containing Conley.
If Pikeville beats Johnson Central badly, that’s some bad news for Raceland because Pikeville must be something special once again. It would be good news for Ashland, though, because it would mean this Johnson Central isn’t the old Johnson Central.
gimme pikeville. felt they sent a better message than jc did last friday, but anything can happen.
Pikeville 35-13
(08-20-2023, 01:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am taking Pikeville but I don’t know if Pikeville can handle the run game of the Golden Eagles

Johnson Central cant stop the Pikeville offense.
(08-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville wins this one convincingly. Central Football is done and will never be again where it was a few years ago.

You got that right, RF.
Whoever owns the line of scrimmage wins this . If JC gets behind early they are In trouble. Pikeville knows how to defend this offense because they play Belfry every year. However it’s gonna come down to making plays. Can’t wait to watch this one!

Pikeville 21
JC. 14
Seeing pikeville first hand and looking at the JC score and their opponent, I’m gonna have to take the P. The panthers might not be able to completely shut down the eagles ground game, but I think they have enough weapons aroind them to win comfortably. But JC is like a bad wife. They just eat at ya and eat at ya until you do something stupid then take advantage of it. If it’s that type of ball game Jc might pull it out. Score early and often against them so their slow pace don’t eat up momentum
(08-21-2023, 12:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

You got that right, RF.
Just like I said, JC AINT GOING NOWHERE !
If Pikeville Wins, I hate to say it, but I think Central goes back in time. I believe this will be a setback for the Golden Eagles.
If Johnson Central cannot beat Pikeville, they need to shut their season down. That would be an embarrassment.
Losing would definitely be a bigger setback for Johnson Central....but....I don't think that time has come. I'm not as informed about these two teams as most people on this thread so I don't have any specifics as to why I believe this. I'm on the outside looking in and most people in my situation are just going to look at first week scores. I feel the perceived mediocre performance by JC is a coaches dream. So much material to use this week. Both "concrete" material to use in practice and "motivational" material to use in the locker room. It's not over yet, the Golden Eagles soar 35-21.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5