Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
8/18 Belfry @ Breathitt Co
The Boys in Red from Pond Creek travel Hwy 80 to Battle a familiar foe, A upstart group of Bobcats will wage war and defend the homeland that is the Riverbank
I’ll take the Pirates.
Pirates are much quicker, faster and stronger. Meaner and More disciplined.

You know what that means? Hype train derails.

Breathitt is probably bigger up front, but slow as molasses pouring from a jar. And has a more athletic receiver if he wears cleats and isn’t dribbling a ball somewhere. These things just won’t work out well for the Bobkittens playing a hard nosed Belfry team.
(08-12-2023, 01:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: Pirates are much quicker, faster and stronger.  Meaner and More disciplined.

You know what that means?  Hype train derails.

Breathitt is probably bigger up front, but slow as molasses pouring from a jar.  And has a more athletic receiver if he wears cleats and isn’t dribbling a ball somewhere.  These things just won’t  work out well for the Bobkittens playing a hard nosed Belfry team.

Woah slow as molasses. Now thats slow. I'll have to use that one.
be closer than people think
Belfry by 8
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(08-12-2023, 01:47 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Belfry by 8
Breathitt has shown a lot of improvement from the first scrimmage, as they should have.  I think this game is a defensive battle that will come down to the 4th quarter.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Belfry. 42
BHS. 6

Bhs just don’t have a QB and the coaching staff is flat out refusing to adjust to personal.
(08-12-2023, 03:06 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Belfry. 42
BHS.  6

Bhs just don’t have a QB and the coaching staff is flat out refusing to adjust to personal.

personal?
Belfry- 38
Breathitt County-12
Belfry
I was at Breathitt/Pikeville scrimmage and Belfry/PC scrimmage. I believe Belfry will win 42-30. This is if they do not fumble. Had a few of those in scrimmage that would have stopped drives they eventually scored on. If Breathitt can force turnovers and control line of scrimmage they might pull off an upset but I’m putting my money on the Pirates
(08-12-2023, 06:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
BHS.  6

personal?

personnel 

You knew what I meant. They can’t run the shotgun formation and succeed this year with their QB. Need to change offense style to meet PERSONNEL 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • pjdoug
(08-12-2023, 07:18 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 06:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
BHS.  6

personal?

personnel 

You knew what I meant. They can’t run the shotgun formation and succeed this year with their QB. Need to change offense style to meet PERSONNEL 

I did know what you meant. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Mountainparkway
breathitt has a big advantage in their o line vs belfrys d line. feels like belfry has a big advantage in team speed. breathitt also probably has an advantage of sperry vs the belfry secondary. belfry o line vs breathitt d line should be a battle to watch.

all in all i like belfry to bust one or two that change the game and win close, but this is a winnable game for breathitt if they commit to pounding the ball up the middle. belfry is playing two young middle linebackers that are going to be really good but if you want to get a lick in now run it right at them and the weak defensive line and try to throw behind the secondary when the timing is right. home field advantage should play a role too. belfry was horrible on the road last year.

im going to say belfry 28-21, but dont be surprised if breathitt wins by the same score.
Dre Young runs all night long till he needs a break. Breathitt won’t stop him.
Belfry 28-14
(08-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Truewords Wrote: I was at Breathitt/Pikeville scrimmage and Belfry/PC scrimmage. I believe Belfry will win 42-30. This is if they do not fumble. Had a few of those in scrimmage that would have stopped drives they eventually scored on. If Breathitt can force turnovers and control line of scrimmage they might pull off an upset but I’m putting my money on the Pirates
Funny you should say that. I said same thing on the Belfry/Perry thread. 4 Funbkes for Belfry, Perry would have recovered at least 2 of those, Perry played punch for punch and they just refuse to admit it..  It’s either, Belfry didn’t try, Haywood held back, didn’t have this player of that player.    Geez.  But anyway, force the turnover and you can win, but they are a tough hard nosed football team.  Good luck to both teams Friday!!
removing this post bc i dont want to be argumentative Smile
(08-12-2023, 10:16 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: removing this post bc i dont want to be argumentative Smile
We friends now lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jet fighter's post:
  • Khalisimo
If you’re gonna call out Belfry for fumbling then you have to call out the rule for not hitting the QB which cost Chase Varney about a 70 yard TD run. I’m not sure why such big deals are made out of scrimmages. Perry gave up huge chunks of yardage to the Pirates including 4-5 TD runs of 50 yards or more by ACE, Woolum, Dre and the one called back by Varney. PCC has some nice pieces, but I don’t think in a real game they could have scored near enough to keep up with the Pirates. Both teams laid the pads at times. I would like to hear what the PCC players had to say about hitting Dre Young.

Btw, sticking to the thread, Belfry 28-27.
(08-12-2023, 10:14 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Truewords Wrote: I was at Breathitt/Pikeville scrimmage and Belfry/PC scrimmage. I believe Belfry will win 42-30. This is if they do not fumble. Had a few of those in scrimmage that would have stopped drives they eventually scored on. If Breathitt can force turnovers and control line of scrimmage they might pull off an upset but I’m putting my money on the Pirates
Funny you should say that. I said same thing on the Belfry/Perry thread. 4 Funbkes for Belfry, Perry would have recovered at least 2 of those, Perry played punch for punch and they just refuse to admit it..  It’s either, Belfry didn’t try, Haywood held back, didn’t have this player of that player.    Geez.  But anyway, force the turnover and you can win, but they are a tough hard nosed football team.  Good luck to both teams Friday!!

(08-12-2023, 10:24 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: If you’re gonna call out Belfry for fumbling then you have to call out the rule for not hitting the QB which cost Chase Varney about a 70 yard TD run.  I’m not sure why such big deals are made out of scrimmages.  Perry gave up huge chunks of yardage to the Pirates including 4-5 TD runs of 50 yards or more by ACE, Woolum, Dre and the one called back by Varney.  PCC has some nice pieces, but I don’t think in a real game they could have scored near enough to keep up with the Pirates.  Both teams laid the pads at times.  I would like to hear what the PCC players had to say about hitting Dre Young.

Guess that why we all have opinions. Ours is just different   Perry absolutely played with Belfry like it or not, and yes in a full game, I think Perry would wear down and belfry would win by a couple scores but not like years past where Belfry would have a running clock at halftime.  Not downing Belfry, they are powerhouse, just simply saying Perry has improved a ton and belonged on the field with the mighty pirates, but again that is just my opinion..  Good luck to all teams this year..

(08-12-2023, 10:29 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 10:14 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:

(08-12-2023, 10:24 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: If you’re gonna call out Belfry for fumbling then you have to call out the rule for not hitting the QB which cost Chase Varney about a 70 yard TD run.  I’m not sure why such big deals are made out of scrimmages.  Perry gave up huge chunks of yardage to the Pirates including 4-5 TD runs of 50 yards or more by ACE, Woolum, Dre and the one called back by Varney.  PCC has some nice pieces, but I don’t think in a real game they could have scored near enough to keep up with the Pirates.  Both teams laid the pads at times.  I would like to hear what the PCC players had to say about hitting Dre Young.

Guess that why we all have opinions. Ours is just different   Perry absolutely played with Belfry like it or not, and yes in a full game, I think Perry would wear down and belfry would win by a couple scores but not like years past where Belfry would have a running clock at halftime.  Not downing Belfry, they are powerhouse, just simply saying Perry has improved a ton and belonged on the field with the mighty pirates, but again that is just my opinion..  Good luck to all teams this year..
And I’ll go Belfry 35-14
I have to go with the Red team...
I'll take Belfry.
I will take Belfry by a respectable margin. 

(I have learned not to read too much into Belfry's scrimmage games. I thought a couple of Johnson Central's worst teams played at least even with Belfry in a couple of scrimmages. As those seasons progressed, it became way too obvious that the Pirates would have beaten those JC teams as badly as they wanted in regular season games.)

At this point 2 scrimmages is what we have to go with. Belfry put the ball on the turf several times but recovered well and finished several drives. The not hitting the QB rule in scrimmages I understand but that is now lifted. He needs contact to show he can take it and finish games. Only real time he took a shot last year was at JC. He left game but was back on sideline before game was over. I agree Belfrys backs especially Young should have a big game against Breathitt. But they all must hold onto football
Will the game be live streamed?  TIA
Belfry
(08-12-2023, 01:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 01:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: Pirates are much quicker, faster and stronger.  Meaner and More disciplined.

You know what that means?  Hype train derails.

Breathitt is probably bigger up front, but slow as molasses pouring from a jar.  And has a more athletic receiver if he wears cleats and isn’t dribbling a ball somewhere.  These things just won’t  work out well for the Bobkittens playing a hard nosed Belfry team.

Woah slow as molasses. Now thats slow. I'll have to use that one.
In the winter time

belfry, no problem
Belfry 22
Breathitt 8