Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
2023 Boyle County Rebels
(05-24-2023, 04:38 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: 2022 Ring ceremony was this past weekend and there is a lot of excitement going around Titletown on the 2023 team.

Post us some pictures of that new ring Rebel55.
Nice!

Thumbnail(s)

Any word on how the 7 on 7 went with St Xavier?  Just curious.
Havill threw at will agains Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Hatz
(07-20-2023, 04:16 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Havill threw at will agains Boyle.
95% of his completions were 5 yards or less. Anyone can do that and say they threw at will. 

St X is going to be great though. Well run program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Jack Lambert
the boyle county insecurities kind of make me hope corbin wins 4a this year lol
I had heard the same information that Runnin Reb reported. If the truth is a sign of insecurity then a lot of people are in that boat. I thought he was very complimentary of St. X. As far as you hoping that Corbin wins would not have any outcome on the results and would put you in the same boat for Corbin fans for the last 40 years.
(07-21-2023, 09:39 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
95% of his completions were 5 yards or less. Anyone can do that and say they threw at will. 

I guess I expected more from the mighty Boyle County. They will be okay though. Decently run program.
(07-22-2023, 01:14 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

I guess I expected more from the mighty Boyle County. They will be okay though. Decently run program.
to my knowledge if you can get 4 yards every play you will never punt. id call that a success on offense.
(07-22-2023, 01:54 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:

to my knowledge if you can get 4 yards every play you will never punt. id call that a success on offense.
It's only 7 on 7 no big deal. It only counts when it's 11 on 11. For a decently run program 3 straight titles and probably 4 in a roll. Wonder how many they could run in a row with a great run program  lmao
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Maroon Beech

LOL, just fishing for reply’s. I like it.
(07-22-2023, 02:06 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 01:54 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:

It's only 7 on 7 no big deal. It only counts when it's 11 on 11. For a decently run program 3 straight titles and probably 4 in a roll. Wonder how many they could run in a row with a great run program  lmao

You said what I was thinking True Pioneer !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Maroon Beech
(07-22-2023, 02:29 PM)HighViz Wrote:

You could always request Boyle to play up? Tigers, and Rocks, and Bulldogs, oh my!
Just got a text saying that Boyle had beat LCA for the 7 on 7 championship at EKU today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-22-2023, 07:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Just got a text saying that Boyle had beat LCA for the 7 on 7 championship at EKU today!

Speed Kills!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(07-22-2023, 05:51 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

You could always request Boyle to play up? Tigers, and Rocks, and Bulldogs, oh my!

Can’t go two classes up big dog! Might want to know your facts. Boyle tried to play St X and they backed out. I think the Chargers were the team beat last year! Tigers who? Rocks Who?
(07-22-2023, 07:33 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 05:51 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 09:39 PM)RunninReb Wrote: 95% of his completions were 5 yards or less. Anyone can do that and say they threw at will. 

Can’t go two classes up big dog! Might want to know your facts. Boyle tried to play St X and they backed out. I think the Chargers were the team beat last year! Tigers who? Rocks Who?
Bullitt East > Boyle County!
(07-22-2023, 07:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 07:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Just got a text saying that Boyle had beat LCA for the 7 on 7 championship at EKU today!

Speed Kills!
Transfers kill. Traveling all-stars tilt the playing field.
(07-22-2023, 08:05 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 07:33 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 05:51 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 01:14 PM)Real Badman Wrote: I guess I expected more from the mighty Boyle County. They will be okay though. Decently run program.

Bullitt East > Boyle County!
No one taking the bait.  

HA Ha Hah
(07-22-2023, 08:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Speed Kills!

Doesn’t bother me one bit that a kid wants to go compete under a coach and administration that cares rather than a political controlled non caring situation that only ends up running off kids. Happening everywhere because of corrupt politics behind the scenes. If Johnson Central got 11 kids from anywhere, I would be all for it.
(07-22-2023, 08:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Speed Kills!

Doesn’t bother me one bit that a kid wants to go compete under a coach and administration that cares rather than a political controlled non caring situation that only ends up running off kids. Happening everywhere because of corrupt politics behind the scenes. If Johnson Central got 11 kids from anywhere, I would be all for it.
It's a lot harder to develop talent than it is to welcome it through the door, especially when that talent has already learned the fundamentals in 11 or 12 years in another system. Don't confuse talent with a great program with a great coaching staff. They are not the same thing.
(07-22-2023, 08:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Speed Kills!

It's a lot harder to develop talent than it is to welcome it through the door, especially when that talent has already learned the fundamentals in 11 or 12 years in another system. Don't confuse talent with a great program with a great coaching staff. They are not the same thing.

Did Mason Lawson develop at Boyle County for years before coming to Johnson Central? How about every other transfer that came to start their freshman year at Johnson Central. Don’t act like Johnson Central only develops locals. I don’t blame any kids who go to Johnson Central. I encourage it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(07-22-2023, 08:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 07:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Speed Kills!

Did Mason Lawson develop at Boyle County for years before coming to Johnson Central? How about every other transfer that came to start their freshman year at Johnson Central. Don’t act like Johnson Central only develops locals. I don’t blame any kids who go to Johnson Central. I encourage it!
Every team gets some transfers. Families move and players move with them. I have no problems with players who enroll as freshmen anywhere. Let's not pretend that is the same thing as having top-300 nationally ranked players enrolling for one or two semesters. Eventually, high school players will be making enrollment decisions based on NIL deals, which will be nothing more than local businesses recruiting the best talent that a community can afford. Once that begins to happen, high school football in Kentucky will be dead because the classes will be even more top-heavy than they are now.
(07-22-2023, 08:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 08:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Transfers kill. Traveling all-stars tilt the playing field.

Every team gets some transfers. Families move and players move with them. I have no problems with players who enroll as freshmen anywhere. Let's not pretend that is the same thing as having top-300 nationally ranked players enrolling for one or two semesters. Eventually, high school players will be making enrollment decisions based on NIL deals, which will be nothing more than local businesses recruiting the best talent that a community can afford. Once that begins to happen, high school football in Kentucky will be dead because the classes will be even more top-heavy than they are now.

I’ll say this much, unlike years past coaches and families had no way to know like they do today because of social media that they need to just make a better decision, it’s just a fact. Before social media, I’m sure a lot of kids just sit tight or quit. I think that’s one reason kids are leaving. All kids talk now at night and are friends. Unlike years ago. Now, people seem to can afford to make a change. I can’t blame them. Haddix is coaching these kids and they aren’t just ready made. If I had a kid that was coming up, Haddix is where I want my son to play. He treats you like family, he coaches you and he gets you recruited. D1 STYLE.
JC talks about Transfers. Like they never got any from Paintsville, or any kid from surrounding counties? I know for a fact they do/did in the past. Who you tryna fool?
(07-22-2023, 09:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 08:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Doesn’t bother me one bit that a kid wants to go compete under a coach and administration that cares rather than a political controlled non caring situation that only ends up running off kids. Happening everywhere because of corrupt politics behind the scenes. If Johnson Central got 11 kids from anywhere, I would be all for it.

I’ll say this much, unlike years past coaches and families had no way to know like they do today because of social media that they need to just make a better decision, it’s just a fact. Before social media, I’m sure a lot of kids just sit tight or quit. I think that’s one reason kids are leaving. All kids talk now at night and are friends. Unlike years ago. Now, people seem to can afford to make a change. I can’t blame them. Haddix is coaching these kids and they aren’t just ready made. If I had a kid that was coming up, Haddix is where I want my son to play. He treats you like family, he coaches you and he gets you recruited. D1 STYLE.
Haddix inherited a great legacy when he took the job at Boyle County. BC had a great program before he arrived and they will have a great program when he leaves. He has never built a program and probably never will. Is he truly a great high school coach or is he a very good coach who is blessed with great talent and an endless supply of transfers? I really don't know.
(07-22-2023, 09:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 08:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: It's a lot harder to develop talent than it is to welcome it through the door, especially when that talent has already learned the fundamentals in 11 or 12 years in another system. Don't confuse talent with a great program with a great coaching staff. They are not the same thing.

Haddix inherited a great legacy when he took the job at Boyle County. BC had a great program before he arrived and they will have a great program when he leaves. He has never built a program and probably never will. Is he truly a great high school coach or is he a very good coach who is blessed with great talent and an endless supply of transfers? I really don't know.

Who said Haddix built anything other than a 3 peat that noone did but him and his coaching. I can tell you don't give Haddix any credibilty, but you should give him alot of respect. His team that he coached and his defense coach that he developed dominated one of the best Johnson Central lines I have seen in a championship game a few years ago and I heard from the Johnson Central gang that " the lineman had never seen anthing like it, they just picked us up and moved us at will" Thats not me saying that, thats what I was told by a die hard JC Person. Then couldn't you say that about any coach that they only won because they had such great talent or did they just win with just having great talent more than the other team rather than actually coaching. I'll invite you to come sit with me and watch a Boyle game and see how he coaches and developes players. You will love it.  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(07-22-2023, 09:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 09:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 08:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Did Mason Lawson develop at Boyle County for years before coming to Johnson Central? How about every other transfer that came to start their freshman year at Johnson Central. Don’t act like Johnson Central only develops locals. I don’t blame any kids who go to Johnson Central. I encourage it!

Who said Haddix built anything other than a 3 peat that noone did but him and his coaching. I can tell you don't give Haddix any credibilty, but you should give him alot of respect. His team that he coached and his defense coach that he developed dominated one of the best Johnson Central lines I have seen in a championship game a few years ago and I heard from the Johnson Central gang that " the lineman had never seen anthing like it, they just picked us up and moved us at will" Thats not me saying that, thats what I was told by a die hard JC Person. Then couldn't you say that about any coach that they only won because they had such great talent or did they just win with just having great talent more than the other team rather than actually coaching. I'll invite you to come sit with me and watch a Boyle game and see how he coaches and developes players. You will love it.  Smile
Sorry, I will always have more respect for coaches who develop talent over coaches that import it. As for Johnson Central, they have lost more transfers to Paintsville over the years than they have received from anywhere else. Bad coaches do not win championships, regardless of the talent that they have. Obviously, Haddix is a very good coach. I just don't place him on a pedestal the way some Corbin fans do. It is impossible to separate the impact that transfers have had on Boyle County's success while Haddix has been at the helm from his coaching ability. He won zero titles at Perry Central and zero titles at Corbin. If Corbin manages to win a state title this season, will that make Greer a coaching genius? I think not. Nor will it make Haddix a lesser coach.
He beat JC while at Perry. JJ Jude? Remember that. 2011. Then in 2012 took them to the wire. Perry had nothing before he came. 1-3 wins per year. PCC was a basketball school.

He also rebuilt Corbin. The year before he took over they were 5-6. His first season 11 winning games. He never lost to Bell Co in his tenure. How many coaches coached against Dudley Hilton and won 8-9 games and lost ZERO.

If you think for 1 second Smith thinks he leaves Haddix a state championship winning team you have lost your mind. HFC have egos and would do anything for a win in December. Smith didn’t think he had a chance or he would’ve never left BC. And little smith didn’t come because he knew it was going to be work.

I’m not saying he is the best coach ever in history of KY. But you are vastly underestimating his coaching ability. Maybe he is just one of those coaches you will never like though. Just admit that. Hahaha
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Jack Lambert
(07-22-2023, 10:42 PM)HighViz Wrote: He beat JC while at Perry.  JJ Jude? Remember that.  2011. Then in 2012 took them to the wire.  Perry had nothing before he came.  1-3 wins per year. PCC was a basketball school. 

He also rebuilt Corbin.  The year before he took over they were 5-6. His first season 11 winning games.  He never lost to Bell Co in his tenure. How many coaches coached against Dudley Hilton and won 8-9 games and lost ZERO. 

If you think for 1 second Smith thinks he leaves Haddix a state championship winning team you have lost your mind. HFC have egos and would do anything for a win in December.  Smith didn’t think he had a chance or he would’ve never left BC.    And little smith didn’t come because he knew it was going to be work. 

I’m not saying he is the best coach ever in history of KY. But you are vastly underestimating his coaching ability.    Maybe he is just one of those coaches you will never like though. Just admit that.  Hahaha
I also remember that Johnson Central crushed Perry Central during Haddix's final season there 53-7. Perry Central had a weak football program when Haddix took over and they had a weak football program when he left.  The year before Haddix took over at PCC, the team was 7-4 and the team finished 6-6 in Haddix's final season there.  Thanks for setting me straight about Haddix's remarkable record at PCC!  Big Grin