Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
2023 Boyle County Rebels
(03-16-2023, 12:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: That’s why I am such a huge fan of Haddix. He will flat out try to make the winning adjustments. I about fell over when he went for it early in that championship game that year.
It took a set to do that.  4th. and 1 on the first drive of the game that deep on your side of the field.  

I ask him about that call and he told me “If we couldn’t have gotten that firstdown we wouldn’t have won the game anyway.  Same call last year against Corbin.  4th. and 1 late in the game.  Firstdown you win, don’t get it it the other team already in field goal range.  Justin likes to keep control of the game in his hands by his play calling.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
(03-16-2023, 01:10 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 12:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: That’s why I am such a huge fan of Haddix. He will flat out try to make the winning adjustments. I about fell over when he went for it early in that championship game that year.
It took a set to do that.  4th. and 1 on the first drive of the game that deep on your side of the field.  

I ask him about that call and he told me “If we couldn’t have gotten that firstdown we wouldn’t have won the game anyway.  Same call last year against Corbin.  4th. and 1 late in the game.  Firstdown you win, don’t get it it the other team already in field goal range.  Justin likes to keep control of the game in his hands by his play calling.
Guy gotta Ego a hat can’t sit on it’s so darn big..but as long as he’s backing it up and keeps spanking Greer and company it’ll only get bigger. I’d like to see the Hounds go back to 3A so we can win State Championship again cause don’t look like Haddix going anywhere but back to Kroger Field for a 4 peat. Heard at Rupp tonight hounds possibly getting another RB and Stud TE.. Any thoughts…
How long before Haddix makes the NFL and supplants Bill Belichick and Andy Reid as the best coaches in the whole wide world, of all-time?
You're right.....he's terrible.
Heard smoke interviewed for the Rebel peewee team coach. Ended up 2nd like Casey always did when they played Haddix. May be a rumor tho. Who knows these days.

Tell us Smoke! Is that why you hurt?
Smoke loves to hate on people on here then cower back down and say his account has been hacked when he’s called out on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • 64SUR
Haddix is my favorite coach that I personally have dealt with! I’m just glad I know a legend in the making.
sounds like buchanon is the guy

(04-10-2023, 06:58 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: sounds like buchanon is the guy
this was meant for anderson thread

Boyle Players will report for spring practice on April 24th as they begin the chase for another championship begins, Some debate would be appreciated could Boyle go Undefeated this year?
I believe it’s very possible. Boyle would have to be an overall top 5 team in all classes IMO.

Boyle Players will report for spring practice on April 24th as they begin the chase for another championship begins, Some debate would be appreciated could Boyle go Undefeated this year?
As an outsider looking in I think it is possible for Boyle to go undefeated. They will have two early tests vs. Gibson Southern (IN) who had a great season in 2022 and then hosting LCA in the Rebel Bowl. Of course, 6A Douglass will be another challenge late in the year. The Rebels lost some great starters like Ziesmer and Stone on the Defense, Hardwick and Tarter (and Ziesmer) on Offense. However, returning Dawson, Bodner and Quisenberry will make Boyle's offense one of the most dynamic in the state (again). As usual, other kids like Driver, Feltner, Crowe, Kelly and others should step up to fill their cleats. One of the things I love about high school football is how new talent rises up each year! This coaching staff is exceptional, with last season's job of replacing kids during a rash of injuries (especially on the O-line) was nothing short of amazing. The O-line anchored by Gorley, Kelly and McClure (and others) should be strong again this season. Should be a fun year for the Boyle faithful.
[-] The following 3 users Like Maroon Beech's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(04-10-2023, 09:11 PM)Maroon Beech Wrote:

As an outsider looking in I think it is possible for Boyle to go undefeated. They will have two early tests vs. Gibson Southern (IN) who had a great season in 2022 and then hosting LCA in the Rebel Bowl. Of course, 6A Douglass will be another challenge late in the year. The Rebels lost some great starters like Ziesmer and Stone on the Defense, Hardwick and Tarter (and Ziesmer) on Offense. However, returning Dawson, Bodner and Quisenberry will make Boyle's offense one of the most dynamic in the state (again). As usual, other kids like Driver, Feltner, Crowe, Kelly and others should step up to fill their cleats. One of the things I love about high school football is how new talent rises up each year! This coaching staff is exceptional, with last season's job of replacing kids during a rash of injuries (especially on the O-line) was nothing short of amazing. The O-line anchored by Gorley, Kelly and McClure (and others) should be strong again this season. Should be a fun year for the Boyle faithful.

I have to agree that the staff did a amazing job of handling the adveristy of all the injuries. Unreal!
Boyle should be very strong again this year come playoff time.
Boyle has talent to spare they just have to find ways to replace the hogs upfront. Big losses at anchored positions.

What Haddix has done since arriving in Danville is special.
[-] The following 2 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
How is the OLINE and DLine looking? I know the skill kids they have, especially the newest one is top notch. Possibly 3-4 ish Mr football candidates.
(04-20-2023, 02:09 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: Boyle has talent to spare they just have to find ways to replace the hogs upfront. Big losses at anchored positions.

What Haddix has done since arriving in Danville is special.
What Haddix does is special no matter where he’s been at, I can’t imagine Boyle Co finding a better replacement for Coach Smith…
Line play is one of the most impressive aspects of BC football to me. They’ve been able to take average talent at times and make formidable lines that dominate games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Can't wait until August to watch our 2023 Rebel football team play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick2517's post:
  • Bull got out!
From what I’m hearing, they are loaded!

Doesn't Boyle play Scott County this year? I think they would beat Gibson Southern and LCA by multiple TD's with what they have returning.
(05-17-2023, 02:25 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Doesn't Boyle play Scott County this year? I think they would beat Gibson Southern and LCA by multiple TD's with what they have returning.
They play Scott County week 4 at home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoDeepDawg's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(05-17-2023, 03:17 PM)GoDeepDawg Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 02:25 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

They play Scott County week 4 at home.
Will definitely be at that one. Never been to a game at Boyle.
Boyle has some young kids on the roster that you haven't heard of , but you will. They also have Stewart a quick, sure handed receiver and tough defender that played well for them last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(05-18-2023, 07:59 AM)back country Wrote: Boyle has some young kids on the roster that you haven't heard of , but you will. They also have Stewart a quick, sure handed receiver and tough defender that played well for them last year.
If the kid from Danville is as good as people say he is, there could be some upset parents/kids. He is going to get about 10-15 touches a game plus you have to get the kid from Garrard County the ball and the QB going to run it also-shew!! Could be a few issues from the locals.   Of course that's a great problem to have and winning cure's everything.
(05-18-2023, 07:59 AM)back country Wrote: Boyle has some young kids on the roster that you haven't heard of , but you will. They also have Stewart a quick, sure handed receiver and tough defender that played well for them last year.
I agree.  Everyone remember the name Geordon Brown.  He just won the Central Kentucky Conference in the 100 meter dash last week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, RunninReb
(05-18-2023, 12:58 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
I agree.  Everyone remember the name Geordon Brown.  He just won the Central Kentucky Conference in the 100 meter dash last week.
Yes, he ran a 10.84 and was getting reps at the outside receiver! Will make big plays in the fall!
(05-18-2023, 11:24 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
If the kid from Danville is as good as people say he is, there could be some upset parents/kids. He is going to get about 10-15 touches a game plus you have to get the kid from Garrard County the ball and the QB going to run it also-shew!! Could be a few issues from the locals.   Of course that's a great problem to have and winning cure's everything.
Don't forget about Avery Bodner. State championship MVP
[-] The following 4 users Like GoDeepDawg's post:
  • 64SUR, Big Daddy Bull, Hatz, RunninReb
(05-06-2023, 09:48 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Line play is one of the most impressive aspects of BC football to me. They’ve been able to take average talent at times and make formidable lines that dominate games.

Travis Leffew is a pretty good Oline coach to have around !
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(05-18-2023, 03:15 PM)GoDeepDawg Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 11:24 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Don't forget about Avery Bodner. State championship MVP

Avery had a good game ,but that MVP should have been Sage Dawson.
2022 Ring ceremony was this past weekend and there is a lot of excitement going around Titletown on the 2023 team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Maroon Beech
Best team that free rent and food allowance can buy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueBlood10's post:
  • Iggyfan