Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I Didn't Know He(They)Sung That Song !!! "
I got to thinking the other day about some songs we all know and love but maybe didn't know they were performed by the same person(or group).  

I will give a couple of examples of what I'm thinking about and you guys see if you can come up with some more.

I will start  with three songs that were all sung by the same dude, Paul Carrick.

You all know this one friom Squeze . Paul Carrick on keyboards and singing lead :

In "Tempted" Paul sings , " What's been going on?"   Here's another great  one from the '70's in which Paul , again on his trusty keyboard, sings "(How Long) has this been going on?"

And, just for good measure, here's the same dude singing this '80's  classic:

The golden voice of Paul Carrick, ladies & gentlemen , from Ace to Squeze to M&TM  ,  one of the most underrated voices in the history of pop/rock music .
We all remember this one  when we were watching our MTV back in the day. This was on constant rotation.

But here's John as I first got to know him in the '70's on the Midnight Special :

Later in the '80's , different hairdo , same great voice :

Whether he's doing it solo or fronting the Baby's or Bad English , John Waite is one bad man. Very underrated artist. Soulful voice. Saw him live in Corbin several years back. Still amazing!!!

Many of you will remember this sensitive ballad from 1981 by the Climax Blues Band. Brings back a lot of memories. Derek of of CBB on vocals:

But how many remember  that  CBB also did this gritty groove a few years earlier ???    The great Colin Cooper and his baritone doing lead on this one Holt & others on backup.  The band formed in England in 1968.

I've met this guy a couple of times over the years and had the pleasure of chatting with him after shows in  Corbin  and in Charleston, WV.  Helluva nice dude and one of the best and most underrated rock voices of all-time. Of all the old guys still out there crooning away, this guy still has the best pipes, even better than Steve Perry, now.

You all will remember him belting out this tune in the '80's  with Starship  :

But a decade earlier he sang this huge hit for Elvin Bishop. Many, to this day, attribute the vocals in this song to Elvin.  But no, it was the great Mickey Thomas of Jefferson Starship & Starship fame who helped take this song to #3 on the US chart.  Younger folks may remember this song from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, which went to #1 in 2014. Here's Mick belting out "Fooled" on the Midnight Special. Incredible guitar solo by Elvin Bishop.  Just wow!!!

(03-17-2023, 09:53 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I got to thinking the other day about some songs we all know and love but maybe didn't know they were performed by the same person(or group).  

I will give a couple of examples of what I'm thinking about and you guys see if you can come up with some more.

I will start  with three songs that were all sung by the same dude, Paul Carrick.

You all know this one friom Squeze . Paul Carrick on keyboards and singing lead :

In "Tempted" Paul sings , " What's been going on?"   Here's another great  one from the '70's in which Paul , again on his trusty keyboard, sings "(How Long) has this been going on?"

The golden voice of Paul Carrick, ladies & gentlemen , from Ace to Squeze to M&TM  ,  one of the most underrated voices in the history of pop/rock music .

The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics has always been one of my favorite songs since my teenage years.  The song's meaning for me really changed after my dad passed away in 2017. I still like it, but I  have hard time listening to it  sometimes. 
You posting this today have me really think about him a lot today. Particularly the last 8 days when  I was in Kentucky helping out my mom and brother around the house and hanging out. It was then I realized the impact he had on people with all the visitors he had.

Sorry for getting so personal and sappy on what is supposed to be an upbeat thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-17-2023, 09:00 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 09:53 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I got to thinking the other day about some songs we all know and love but maybe didn't know they were performed by the same person(or group).  

The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics has always been one of my favorite songs since my teenage years.  The song's meaning for me really changed after my dad passed away in 2017. I still like it, but I  have hard time listening to it  sometimes. 
You posting this today have me really think about him a lot today. Particularly the last 8 days when  I was in Kentucky helping out my mom and brother around the house and hanging out. It was then I realized the impact he had on people with all the visitors he had.

Sorry for getting so personal and sappy on what is supposed to be an upbeat thread.

No, no, I love personal and sappy. I really appreciate your words. I'm really glad the song posting made you think about your dad a lot today. Honestly, what you said made my day.  Paul Carrick is an amazing singer. Music affects us in such  personal ways. No wonder we love it so much. Have a blessed remainder of the day.