Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 Perry County Central 46 (14th Region Championship)
Big congrats to the bobcats. They have been playing their best ball since Kyle took over. I’ve said all alone it was the parents that destroyed this team. They are peaking at the right time. I really look for them to win a couple games at rupp. Go cats ignore the haters
(03-07-2023, 11:48 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Big congrats to the bobcats. They have been playing their best ball since Kyle took over. I’ve said all alone it was the parents that destroyed this team. They are peaking at the right time. I really look for them to win a couple games at rupp. Go cats ignore the haters
Including Parkway. This is so funny.
[-] The following 2 users Like Slim one's post:
  • griffman, Night Train
(03-07-2023, 11:48 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Big congrats to the bobcats. They have been playing their best ball since Kyle took over. I’ve said all alone it was the parents that destroyed this team. They are peaking at the right time. I really look for them to win a couple games at rupp. Go cats ignore the haters love the bobcats but they aren’t winning any games at Rupp. Tough draw for them 

lol I love the bobcats but they aren’t winning any games at Rupp, tough draw
(03-07-2023, 09:03 PM)Diablo Wrote: I heard two names last night.  Robert Paul Amis and also heard Braxton Beverly’s name to.  Not sure what the expect from Coach Hoskins.  Title last year and Runnerup this season.  It ain’t that easy to win the Region boys.  Bobcat Nation Baby!!!!!
If Robert Paul is hired it is nothing more than a political move. He’s never won anything and he has a history of not staying anywhere more than a year or 2. Perry people have to understand they aren’t the best team every year. I don’t think they had 2 kids that would start for Breathitt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Wolfeman
(03-08-2023, 12:20 AM)Tailback44 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 11:48 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Big congrats to the bobcats. They have been playing their best ball since Kyle took over. I’ve said all alone it was the parents that destroyed this team. They are peaking at the right time. I really look for them to win a couple games at rupp. Go cats ignore the haters love the bobcats but they aren’t winning any games at Rupp. Tough draw for them 

I disagree. I don’t mean to sound arrogant but Breathitt has the players to make a run at Rupp and these players are gonna go down there and give it their best shot. Keep picking against them
Breathitt's style of play will benefit them in a game like this. It will be a tall task but not impossible.
(03-08-2023, 11:22 AM)Night Train Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 12:20 AM)Tailback44 Wrote:

I disagree. I don’t mean to sound arrogant but Breathitt has the players to make a run at Rupp and these players are gonna go down there and give it their best shot. Keep picking against them
LOL!
Tough draw for Breathitt but I'd say out of any team in the 14th, they are the team built to win games at Rupp Arena.
Sperry will give other teams a hard time keeping him out of the lane.
Collins is the kind of athlete to keep up in that scenario.
A big body with Hoskins who has been good at playing the high post game and making decisions.
Shooters on both sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Night Train
Breathitt will be back in Jackson in time for supper Thursday. I would like to see them beat Male but I will be surprised if it's close. Get the crow ready I will gladly eat it.
(03-08-2023, 12:42 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Tough draw for Breathitt but I'd say out of any team in the 14th, they are the team built to win games at Rupp Arena.
Sperry will give other teams a hard time keeping him out of the lane.
Collins is the kind of athlete to keep up in that scenario.
A big body with Hoskins who has been good at playing the high post game and making decisions.
Shooters on both sides.

Breathitt hitting 33.8 % of threes, Male 42.4% against 10x tougher competition. They are really good. I root for mountain teams without fail, just hoping Breathitt can stay in the game.
jet still salty about the comments on Pikeville being afraid of Breathitt LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackAndYellow's post:
  • Night Train
I appreciate Jet's dedication to his gimmick!
Be as insufferable as you can as often as possible, and then when your team loses you act gracious in defeat.

I kept that one up for a long time but laid it down several years back.
I appreciate it and don't ever get it twisted, Jet! That's a tough life to live but we need villains around here.
[-] The following 2 users Like zaga_fan's post:
  • BlackAndYellow, griffman
(03-08-2023, 01:17 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: I appreciate Jet's dedication to his gimmick!
Be as insufferable as you can as often as possible, and then when your team loses you act gracious in defeat.

I appreciate it and don't ever get it twisted, Jet! That's a tough life to live but we need villains around here.

TRIGGERED, not to mention full of crap.

We need crazy people around here too. Hope you don't keep running off.

I haven't said anything bad about Breathitt in this thread. You have it backwards as you always seem to. Breathitt fans are trolling the Pikeville threads.
(03-08-2023, 01:13 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: jet still salty about the comments on Pikeville being afraid of Breathitt LOL
Pikeville was way down this year. Breathitt returned everyone. It was gonna be a beat down and it’s obvious Pikeville knew that with the cancellation less than 24hrs before game time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Night Train's post:
  • griffman, LOOKAYANNER, Mountain Monster
^^^Yeah like the beatdowns Breathitt gave Pike Central and Betsy Layne.
(03-07-2023, 08:52 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Yeah I expected them to put up more of a fight. BC punched them in the mouth early and led wire to wire. C y’all at Rupp! 

I’m not sure Hoskins is a done deal to bc but I’m hearing a former bobcat coach might be in the mix to be perry next coach if it comes available

They didn’t have a fight because they wanted to play Hazard. That’s a bigger rival, Breathitt and Perry is not. After Hazard got beat Perry didn’t have the desire to win as they would have if they played Hazard. Most of Perry fans could care less if Breathitt went to state. All they care about is making sure Hazard don’t.

(03-07-2023, 03:51 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 11:34 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 12:38 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: “Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

You can say that again. The Bobcats dominated the Dores on their home floor. Breathitt lost the turnover battle 3 to 16 and still dominated the game, mainly by out-rebounding (36-16) and out-hustling Perry. You could definitely tell they wanted it more and Sperry wasn’t going to have it any other way as he finished with 25 and I think they said 20 of those were in the second half.  Him and Collins (when Collins decided to play) were the best players the 14th had to offer.  Kudos to Kyle Moore for getting the team to play their best basketball when it mattered most as they beat the 3 traditional powers, Knott, Hazard and Perry to capture the title.

As I agree Breathitt wanted it more but let’s make known his 25 point, only 4 points of those came from field goal percentages. The rest from free throw shots. The foul call was 35-10. Now did Perry get cheated by that? Absolutely not! They played horrible, selfish, did not rebound at all! They took horrible shots and couldn’t buy a bucket! For it to be on their home floor, they shot like they hadn’t been in the gym in 2 weeks. Do I think the refs was ridiculous in this game with the foul count, ? believe this! You can’t let things be thrown down like a thug fest on one end then call touchy fouls on the other. But again, in NO way did that determine who won. Breathitt wanted it more and Perry did not. I am happy for the team and I’m sure Coach BB was looking down from heaven with the biggest smile on his face. And I will be supporting them at Rupp because they are representing the 14th and that’s what this region should do. When it’s all said and done, support the 14th region champs regardless of who it is. Congrats Breathitt.
It's clear waterboy doesn't keep the book. Perry had 23 foul's called on them not 35. Started intentionally putting Breathitt on the line with 4 minuites left in the game which accounted for 10 if those. Oh and Sperry had 8 points from the field not 4 and went 17-20 from the line.

It’s obvious you are his mother or family member trying to manipulate. Or perhaps your book keeper can’t keep stats. Cause you are wrong
How many players did Perry play against Breathitt? 7? Had 35 fouls been called on them, all 7 would have fouled out…. Lol. Do the math.
(03-08-2023, 01:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 01:17 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: I appreciate Jet's dedication to his gimmick!

TRIGGERED, not to mention full of crap.

We need crazy people around here too. Hope you don't keep running off.

I haven't said anything bad about Breathitt in this thread. You have it backwards as you always seem to. Breathitt fans are trolling the Pikeville threads.

I wasn't speaking about this thread in general. I don't remember the Breathitt vs Pikeville cancellation shenanigans on here, probable happened while I was in the middle of one of my Michael Jordan/Brett Favre retirements.

I'm just saying I appreciate the dedication to your craft!
(03-08-2023, 02:16 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 08:52 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Yeah I expected them to put up more of a fight. BC punched them in the mouth early and led wire to wire. C y’all at Rupp! 

I’m not sure Hoskins is a done deal to bc but I’m hearing a former bobcat coach might be in the mix to be perry next coach if it comes available

They didn’t have a fight because they wanted to play Hazard. That’s a bigger rival, Breathitt and Perry is not. After Hazard got beat Perry didn’t have the desire to win as they would have if they played Hazard. Most of Perry fans could care less if Breathitt went to state. All they care about is making sure Hazard don’t.

(03-07-2023, 03:51 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 11:34 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 12:38 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: “Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

You can say that again. The Bobcats dominated the Dores on their home floor. Breathitt lost the turnover battle 3 to 16 and still dominated the game, mainly by out-rebounding (36-16) and out-hustling Perry. You could definitely tell they wanted it more and Sperry wasn’t going to have it any other way as he finished with 25 and I think they said 20 of those were in the second half.  Him and Collins (when Collins decided to play) were the best players the 14th had to offer.  Kudos to Kyle Moore for getting the team to play their best basketball when it mattered most as they beat the 3 traditional powers, Knott, Hazard and Perry to capture the title.

As I agree Breathitt wanted it more but let’s make known his 25 point, only 4 points of those came from field goal percentages. The rest from free throw shots. The foul call was 35-10. Now did Perry get cheated by that? Absolutely not! They played horrible, selfish, did not rebound at all! They took horrible shots and couldn’t buy a bucket! For it to be on their home floor, they shot like they hadn’t been in the gym in 2 weeks. Do I think the refs was ridiculous in this game with the foul count, ? believe this! You can’t let things be thrown down like a thug fest on one end then call touchy fouls on the other. But again, in NO way did that determine who won. Breathitt wanted it more and Perry did not. I am happy for the team and I’m sure Coach BB was looking down from heaven with the biggest smile on his face. And I will be supporting them at Rupp because they are representing the 14th and that’s what this region should do. When it’s all said and done, support the 14th region champs regardless of who it is. Congrats Breathitt.
It's clear waterboy doesn't keep the book. Perry had 23 foul's called on them not 35. Started intentionally putting Breathitt on the line with 4 minuites left in the game which accounted for 10 if those. Oh and Sperry had 8 points from the field not 4 and went 17-20 from the line.

It’s obvious you are his mother or family member trying to manipulate. Or perhaps your book keeper can’t keep stats. Cause you are wrong
Ha, when caught in a lie? Double down! Yeah I'm a great grandma who keeps the official book, in my head.
(03-08-2023, 02:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Yeah like the beatdowns Breathitt gave Pike Central and Betsy Layne.
You do realize BB had just passed and we didn’t have a coach at the time? Those boys were going through a hard time and they didn’t even wanna be there that week.
Night train I don’t think them boys could have made it without my critiques i gave them throughout the season. I knew they had it in them and I was trying to get them fired up. I know they were reading my post and you parents should be thanking me for saying what you guys couldn’t. Now they have made it and I’m about the only one on here that thinks they can beat male. #gocatsignorethehaters
I feel the same way Parkway, I done what I did to motivate the boys and pump them up. Did like getting on Night Shades nerves but gotta have a little fun. Bobcats can beat anyone in the Sweet 16. They got the size, speed, and ability. Bring home the big trophy boys!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(03-08-2023, 06:08 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Night train I don’t think them boys could have made it without my critiques i gave them throughout the season. I knew they had it in them and I was trying to get them fired up. I know they were reading my post and you parents should be thanking me for saying what you guys couldn’t. Now they have made it and I’m about the only one on here that thinks they can beat male. #gocatsignorethehaters
If we had only known! These haters turned supporters are hilarious! Just go back and read some of their posts, nothing the least bit encouraging, just nastiness.
[-] The following 2 users Like Slim one's post:
  • griffman, Night Train
(03-08-2023, 08:22 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I feel the same way Parkway, I done what I did to motivate the boys and pump them up.  Did like getting on Night Shades nerves but gotta have a little fun.  Bobcats can beat anyone in the Sweet 16.  They got the size, speed, and ability.  Bring home the big trophy boys!!!
You’re full of it big guy. Better tell that new coach PCC gets to bring in another shipment bc I believe the commodores have made it clear that homegrown kids from Perry County, just can’t get it done.
Why don’t you tell him yourself Badger since you’ are a Perry Guy.
Listen driveway and puke boy. Bandwagons full. Just stay in Perry county and listen to the game on the radio.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mountain Monster's post:
  • Cat Daddy, griffman, Night Train
Come on now. Don’t be that way. Big Bryce played a good tourney. Not making the trip to lex anyways. But I’m rooting for my bobcats. Good luck Monster and I won’t hold it against you that you’re a owl deep down in

Nothing nasty about my post. At the time I posted that stuff breathitt was soft and was playing like crap. Glad they got it together.
Pretty uncool that you throw names and my personal business out there. I can tell that you are very unprofessional douschbag who hides behind his phone. And at the time you posted that them boys lost there coach and a few of them didn’t even want to play anymore. Since that was the second time that happened to them.
(03-08-2023, 10:31 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Come on now. Don’t be that way. Big Bryce played a good tourney. Not making the trip to lex anyways. But I’m rooting for my bobcats. Good luck Monster and I won’t hold it against you that you’re a owl deep down in

Nothing nasty about my post. At the time I posted that stuff breathitt was soft and was playing like crap. Glad they got it together.
Posted your trash for two years! Now you're a fan! Thanks but no thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Mountain Monster
PukeBoy and Parkway are simply just bitter people. My best guess is they never won region and was hoping and praying that this group of kids didn’t either. Much to your demise they got it done. Regional Championship teams are remembered forever!!

You guys are officially on the ignore list. Adios Amigos
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Mountain Monster