Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 62 Perry County Central 46 (14th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from Hazard. Bobcats never trailed in this one.
Happy for Coach Moore and the entire Bobcat community for winning and making it to the sweet 16.
congrats to the cats
Didn't get to see all of it (obviously) but from all that I was able to see, Breathitt just wanted this one more.
Good to see Breathitt coming together as a team. Nice work by Coach Moore! I don’t honk another person could could have took over in the middle of the season and bring a the team together like he has.
Coach Moore is a class act and has done a great job bringing that team together. That group of kids never played as team until the last 6 weeks of the year and then finally bought into defense and rebounding. They always hard the most talent but Coach Moore was able to put it together to be the best team. Congrats to him and the Bobcats.
“Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

You can say that again. The Bobcats dominated the Dores on their home floor. Breathitt lost the turnover battle 3 to 16 and still dominated the game, mainly by out-rebounding (36-16) and out-hustling Perry. You could definitely tell they wanted it more and Sperry wasn’t going to have it any other way as he finished with 25 and I think they said 20 of those were in the second half.  Him and Collins (when Collins decided to play) were the best players the 14th had to offer.  Kudos to Kyle Moore for getting the team to play their best basketball when it mattered most as they beat the 3 traditional powers, Knott, Hazard and Perry to capture the title.
Congratulations Bobcats. Breathitt with total domination. Hoskins may need to hit the recruiting trail next season. Losing to a football coach can’t sit well with him. Breathitt did have the most talented team by far though. Congratulations Coach Moore.
(03-07-2023, 12:38 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]“Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

You can say that again. The Bobcats dominated the Dores on their home floor. Breathitt lost the turnover battle 3 to 16 and still dominated the game, mainly by out-rebounding (36-16) and out-hustling Perry. You could definitely tell they wanted it more and Sperry wasn’t going to have it any other way as he finished with 25 and I think they said 20 of those were in the second half.  Him and Collins (when Collins decided to play) were the best players the 14th had to offer.  Kudos to Kyle Moore for getting the team to play their best basketball when it mattered most as they beat the 3 traditional powers, Knott, Hazard and Perry to capture the title.

Whoever said that quote sounds smart.
Great atmosphere for the game last night.

If I had the resources to make a movie about this run from last year’s semis to now I would do it and retire from it.

Breathitt punished Perry Central on the boards and frustrated their offense. The Commodores forced the turnovers they are accustomed to, but never had any rhythm offensively.

I know it’s cliche to say “they wanted it more” but the intensity the Bobcats played with wasn’t matched on the floor.

Hats off to the Bobcats and best of luck to Perry’s seniors Knight, Day and McAlarnis.

Wish I could have been on here for more region tournament talk but it was a long week. Let’s do it again next week.
Awesome win for the Bobcats. 

As another poster mentioned above, it is great to see the region being won by a school other than the powers that be.
With everything this community and basketball team has been through over the past year, winning the regional championship is such a feel good story, for other reasons than basketball. Over the past two years, Breathitt has always had the talent, it was just getting them to buy in, and who would have thought, Coach Moore would be the guy for the job. I know B.B. and Peggy are looking down and beaming with pride. With that being said, I don't think this team is finished, just yet!
(03-07-2023, 12:38 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]“Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

As I agree Breathitt wanted it more but let’s make known his 25 point, only 4 points of those came from field goal percentages. The rest from free throw shots. The foul call was 35-10. Now did Perry get cheated by that? Absolutely not! They played horrible, selfish, did not rebound at all! They took horrible shots and couldn’t buy a bucket! For it to be on their home floor, they shot like they hadn’t been in the gym in 2 weeks. Do I think the refs was ridiculous in this game with the foul count, ? believe this! You can’t let things be thrown down like a thug fest on one end then call touchy fouls on the other. But again, in NO way did that determine who won. Breathitt wanted it more and Perry did not. I am happy for the team and I’m sure Coach BB was looking down from heaven with the biggest smile on his face. And I will be supporting them at Rupp because they are representing the 14th and that’s what this region should do. When it’s all said and done, support the 14th region champs regardless of who it is. Congrats Breathitt.
Perry played with no intensity outside the 1st quarter the bobcats played with intensity and emotion the whole game had a great fan base behind them the whole game and played probably the best defense I’ve ever seen come from that bobcat team
Hearing Hoskins to Breathitt is a done deal for next season..
(03-07-2023, 12:11 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing Hoskins to Breathitt is a done deal for next season..

Negative. He has it made at Perry. Doesn’t have to deal with kids all day. He will retire from Perry.
Those durn refs tried everything possible to help PCC, but to no avail. Now the question is, does #14 stay in Blue next season? As a Wolfe fan, I can still say I hope so.
Not near as many Perry fans whining this time compared to last time they got beat in the region championship
The gym was electric last night. However, I thought Hoskins did a poor job preparing his players for the game. Perry didn't have any fight in them. Also, I thought Perry had to establish a way to slow Sperry down and they never did anything different. He owned the lane and shot foul shots all night long. The semifinal games had fight in both of them. The championship game did not. As a basketball fan, I was disappointed. Congratulations to Breathitt on winning the region.
lol homeboy been waiting seven years to cash that one in
Felt the need to comment and say what a remarkable job Moore did to get that group to buy in and play for each other and the community and not worry about who scored or what mommy or daddy or Joe Blow down the street was saying. A lot easier said than done in todays sports, so kudos coach.
(03-07-2023, 11:34 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: [ -> ]

As I agree Breathitt wanted it more but let’s make known his 25 point, only 4 points of those came from field goal percentages. The rest from free throw shots. The foul call was 35-10. Now did Perry get cheated by that? Absolutely not! They played horrible, selfish, did not rebound at all! They took horrible shots and couldn’t buy a bucket! For it to be on their home floor, they shot like they hadn’t been in the gym in 2 weeks. Do I think the refs was ridiculous in this game with the foul count, ? believe this! You can’t let things be thrown down like a thug fest on one end then call touchy fouls on the other. But again, in NO way did that determine who won. Breathitt wanted it more and Perry did not. I am happy for the team and I’m sure Coach BB was looking down from heaven with the biggest smile on his face. And I will be supporting them at Rupp because they are representing the 14th and that’s what this region should do. When it’s all said and done, support the 14th region champs regardless of who it is. Congrats Breathitt.
It's clear waterboy doesn't keep the book. Perry had 23 foul's called on them not 35. Started intentionally putting Breathitt on the line with 4 minuites left in the game which accounted for 10 if those. Oh and Sperry had 8 points from the field not 4 and went 17-20 from the line.
Yes yes I have lol
Where is Parkway? I been waiting on a congratulations all day since he’s a self proclaimed Bobcat fan. He criticized this team all year but disappears when they win the big one. Oh well……..
(03-07-2023, 06:43 PM)Night Train Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Parkway? I been waiting on a congratulations all day since he’s a self proclaimed Bobcat fan. He criticized this team all year but disappears when they win the big one. Oh well……..
Crickets…
(03-07-2023, 06:43 PM)Night Train Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Parkway? I been waiting on a congratulations all day since he’s a self proclaimed Bobcat fan. He criticized this team all year but disappears when they win the big one. Oh well……..

been wondering the same thing lol
Perry got embarrassed on there home court. They got it handed to them.
Yeah I expected them to put up more of a fight. BC punched them in the mouth early and led wire to wire. C y’all at Rupp! 

I’m not sure Hoskins is a done deal to bc but I’m hearing a former bobcat coach might be in the mix to be perry next coach if it comes available
I heard two names last night. Robert Paul Amis and also heard Braxton Beverly’s name to. Not sure what the expect from Coach Hoskins. Title last year and Runnerup this season. It ain’t that easy to win the Region boys. Bobcat Nation Baby!!!!!
I know exactly what happened to Perry last night….
They played a team that’s a lot better then they are… good luck to the bobcats in the sweet 16
Pages: 1 2 3