Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Martin County 55 Pikeville 53 (15th Region Championship)
Final from the Expo
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wow!!
Wow I’m shocked. But my heart smiles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Diogenes
A wholeeeeee lot of people on here owe coach James an apology. All I heard is he can’t coach he can’t coach. Looks ok to me.
Congratulations Martin County
Way to go cards, from 8 straight losses to region champs.  2 regional championships in 4 years and kings of the hill next season. Good time to be a card!!!
Congrats to Martin County. Don't mind seeing them in Rupp after they got robbed by Covid last time.
[-] The following 7 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Card2000, Cardinalfootballguy, clipperw, Grinch1, IntheZone, Panther Thunder, Westside
(03-06-2023, 10:52 PM)Card2000 Wrote: Way to go cards, from 8 straight losses to region champs.  2 regional championships in 4 years and kings of the hill next season. Good time to be a card!!!

Way too early Pre-Season Rankings…

1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
Congratulations to MC! They made the plays down the stretch to win the game.

This one certainly stings. Had it right there. Also thought Samons had won it at the end. Heartbreaking loss for Pike High.
[-] The following 2 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Cactus Jack
What a game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Card2000
(03-06-2023, 11:11 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Congratulations to MC! They made the plays down the stretch to win the game.

This one certainly stings. Had it right there. Also thought Samons had won it at the end. Heartbreaking loss for Pike High.
I can’t believe it didn’t go in. It looked halfway down the rim before bouncing out.

(03-06-2023, 11:10 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 10:52 PM)Card2000 Wrote: Way to go cards, from 8 straight losses to region champs.  2 regional championships in 4 years and kings of the hill next season. Good time to be a card!!!

Way too early Pre-Season Rankings…

1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
I think that’s accurate with any one of them well capable of beating the other.
I knew this would be a great game. Turnovers at the end cost the Panthers just like I predicted. Nothing to be a shamed of Panthers. Congrats to MC. This makes up for Covid robbing them a few years ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Card2000
All the region were cardinals tonight from what it seems on social media. Great day when pikeville loses
[-] The following 1 user Likes KYGUY's post:
  • Diogenes
I thought the Samons dunk had capped it. Pikeville had their opportunities to win this one. Hats off to Martin County. They were down eight and on the verge of being KO'd but came back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Westside
Yea I thought Pikeviille had it nailed down. They made a few costly mistakes in the last minute and still had a chance on a wide open last second shot.. Great, great game to watch. Congrats Martin co. !
Congratulations, Martin County. Pretty impressive considering the losing streak they had going into the district tournament. That's a mentally tough team and a heck of a coaching job by the staff. As far as Pikeville, they better get on the recruiting trail, the boosters aren't going to be happy after this loss.
(03-07-2023, 10:32 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Congratulations, Martin County. Pretty impressive considering the losing streak they had going into the district tournament. That's a mentally tough team and a heck of a coaching job by the staff. As far as Pikeville, they better get on the recruiting trail, the boosters aren't going to be happy after this loss.

This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cat Daddy
(03-07-2023, 10:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:32 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Congratulations, Martin County. Pretty impressive considering the losing streak they had going into the district tournament. That's a mentally tough team and a heck of a coaching job by the staff. As far as Pikeville, they better get on the recruiting trail, the boosters aren't going to be happy after this loss.

This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.
Where did I say they weren't gracious in defeat? You may need to learn to "read and comprehend" before you call someone ignorant! Recruiting the top players from the surrounding area worked out well for Pikeville last year, but no so much this year. Jet, you may need to take over as the recruiting coordinator, I think you could be the missing link!
^^^You said Pikeville boosters wouldn't be happy and I said they couldn't have been more gracious. Cry more loser.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(03-07-2023, 02:21 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

Where did I say they weren't gracious in defeat? You may need to learn to "read and comprehend" before you call someone ignorant! Recruiting the top players from the surrounding area worked out well for Pikeville last year, but no so much this year. Jet, you may need to take over as the recruiting coordinator, I think you could be the missing link!
See tho with that recruiting comment it kind of does makes you sound like a moron. Not one coach on any of Pikeville sports teams are actively out and about recruiting players to play for them. Everyone seems to think this is true and it is not.  Everyone in the region has transfers even the team that beat Pikeville last night. Two of their starters are from the Tug Valley area and did not start their high school career at MC. Their starting pg was a freshman at JC. So that’s 3 starters. Pikeville sports do get transfers and people get mad because they sometimes get the best players like a Worrix. Let’s not act tho that other programs are innocent in this or heck that Pikeville coaches are recruiting these kids. Pikeville is a excellent schools that happens to have a independent school board that provides nice facilities for their athletes. That alone attracts kids to want to attended Pikeville.
[-] The following 2 users Like Grinch1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
That's wild. Congrats to this group. A lot of fight, grit, and buy in to do this after that streak of L's.
Pikeville fan through and through here but this team overachieved and that is a testament to their work ethic and the coaching they receive!!

Hail Pikeville!!!
(03-07-2023, 06:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville fan through and through here but this team overachieved and that is a testament to their work ethic and the coaching they receive!!

Hail Pikeville!!!
How can you say this team overachieved when they have the best player in the region and a D1 commit with several other solid pieces including a 6’9 kid who is the most dominant big in the region. Plus they added Menifee County’s best player this season. Everyone had them preseason favorites to win region.
Pikeville been overhyped all year long. Now you know why they cancelled on Breathitt. Don’t even bother calling next year. No class
(03-07-2023, 06:34 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville fan through and through here but this team overachieved and that is a testament to their work ethic and the coaching they receive!!

Hail Pikeville!!!
How can you say this team overachieved when they have the best player in the region and a D1 commit with several other solid pieces including a 6’9 kid who is the most dominant big in the region. Plus they added Menifee County’s best player this season. Everyone had them preseason favorites to win region.
Hard to argue with those facts. In mountain regions if you have the top player and top big in your region winning 22 games  losing 8 and losing the regional is underachieving in most cases. But a lot of people get on message boards and talk about winning a title and think it’s as simple as most talent should win and it’s that easy. Not true, winning a region and heading to Rupp is a major accomplishment that includes a little luck and a few breaks no matter who the team is.

Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?
(03-07-2023, 10:00 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:

Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?
Oooooh, we dont talk about that lol
(03-07-2023, 09:36 PM)Justagoodoleboy Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:34 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Hail Pikeville!!!
Hard to argue with those facts. In mountain regions if you have the top player and top big in your region winning 22 games  losing 8 and losing the regional is underachieving in most cases. But a lot of people get on message boards and talk about winning a title and think it’s as simple as most talent should win and it’s that easy. Not true, winning a region and heading to Rupp is a major accomplishment that includes a little luck and a few breaks no matter who the team is.
I agree totally with this.  Winning Region is hard to do. Take a look at the 15th since Justice took over at Pikeville. In 7 years, Pikeville won 3 and the rest is by 57th district teams. 2 for MC, 1 for JC and 1 for Paintsville. I don’t think a Floyd county team has one the 15th region since South Floyd in 2001. Heck I can’t even remember the last time a Floyd County team has made the region final. Since Justice has been at Pikeville they’ve made 5 region final games, I think that’s a great accomplishment in itself. It’s very hard to win one and when you do it needs some skill and a little luck. It’s a great accomplishment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Card2000
(03-07-2023, 02:41 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 02:21 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

See tho with that recruiting comment it kind of does makes you sound like a moron. Not one coach on any of Pikeville sports teams are actively out and about recruiting players to play for them. Everyone seems to think this is true and it is not.  Everyone in the region has transfers even the team that beat Pikeville last night. Two of their starters are from the Tug Valley area and did not start their high school career at MC. Their starting pg was a freshman at JC. So that’s 3 starters. Pikeville sports do get transfers and people get mad because they sometimes get the best players like a Worrix. Let’s not act tho that other programs are innocent in this or heck that Pikeville coaches are recruiting these kids. Pikeville is a excellent schools that happens to have a independent school board that provides nice facilities for their athletes. That alone attracts kids to want to attended Pikeville.

Yes Martin co has three kids from mingo co two come over in middle school and the other come over his sophomore year I think. I watched it from home and you could read lips from a pikeville assistant coach say the referee gave that one to you guys i don’t think so then boys dig deep and played hard until the final whistle one of the best final in a while at the end we are all 15th region best of luck to the Cards
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coach00's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I’d rather be lucky than good any day. Go cards. Martin county, Sheldon Clark, Inez regional titles have been won by all three and 2 state titles won by Inez. 15th region ruled by the 57th. Since 2010 6 teams have won region 4 out of the 57th district. 10 & 11 valley, 12,13,14,15 JC, 16 LC 17&18 pikeville, 19 JC, 20 Martin Co, 21 Paintsville, 22 Pikeville, 23 Martin Co. Since 2010 9 15th region title have came out of the 57th district. The other 5 out of the 59th.