6- Fairview, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland
7- Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Pineville, Williamsburg
8- Harlan, Hazard, Paintsville, Pikeville

Class 2A
1- Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Mayfield, Murray
2- Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central
3- Clinton County, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
4- Fort Knox, Lexington Christian, Shawnee, Washington County, WEB DuBois**
5- Beechwood, Bracken County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Walton-Verona
6- Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset
7- Floyd Central, Knott County Central, Martin County, Prestonsburg
8- Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley

Class 3A
1- Hancock County, Hopkins County Central, McLean County, Trigg County, Union County, Webster County
2- Adair County, Butler County, Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow, Hart County
3- Central, Christian Academy-Louisville, Elizabethtown, LaRue County
4- Casey County, Garrard County, Marion County, Mercer County, Rockcastle County
5- Bourbon County, Lexington Catholic, Lloyd Memorial, Pendleton County
6- Bath County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Russell, West Carter
7- Bell County, Clay County, Knox Central, McCreary Central
8- Belfry, Estill County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County

Class 4A
1- Allen County-Scottsville, Calloway County, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Paducah Tilghman, Warren East
2- Bardstown, Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Nelson County, Thomas Nelson
3- DeSales, Doss, Jeffersontown, Valley, Waggener, Western
4- Franklin County, Henry County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Western Hills
5- Covington Catholic, Grant County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County
6- Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County
7- Boyle County, Lincoln County, Russell County, Taylor County, Wayne County
8- Corbin, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County

Class 5A
1- Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County,  Muhlenberg County, Owensboro
2- Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood, Ohio County, South Warren
3- Atherton, Butler, Fairdale, Iroquois
4- Bullitt Central, Moore, North Bullitt, Seneca
5- Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County
6- Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott
7- East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine
8- Harlan County, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

Class 6A
1- Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County
2- Barren County, Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central
3- DuPont Manual, Meade County, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
4- Bullitt East, Fern Creek, Male, Southern
5- Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County, Trinity (Louisville)
6- Campbell County, Great Crossing, Ryle, Simon Kenton
7- Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Tates Creek
8- Bryan Station, Frederick Douglass, George Rogers Clark, Madison Central

**- Not eligible for district postseason competition until at least 2024

Withdrawn from District - Jackson County, Phelps,
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Bull got out!
4A has some heavy weights in the East.

Boyle, Corbin, Johnson Central and Covington Catholic. Playoffs will have some 3rd round games worth watching in the East.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
I thought South Warren was moving to 6A?
I think Clay County and Knox Central moving to 3A is good for those programs.
Estill and Russell should swap. That’s a hell of a drive from Irvine to Belfry on a Friday night.
Funny to see certain schools that are represented on board of controls and how they got in favorable districts lol
Winners from this alignment, in my opinion...
1A - Pikeville/Raceland avoid a district together
2A - Shelby Valley owns their region with these teams, but east half of 2A is stacked come the last three weeks of the playoffs
2A - Mayfield/Lexington Christian walks to the final four every year
3A - CAL, Belfry, Lex Catholic should be late playoff games
4A - There are no winners here, just wow!
5A - Welcome to the Bowling Green Special
6A - Should be fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bball_fan's post:
  • Deuce8
(01-16-2023, 10:17 PM)runthepill Wrote: Funny to see certain schools that are represented on board of controls and how they got in favorable districts lol
Facts !!!!
Tackett is easily bought and paid for! Nothing will ever change as long as he and some of them other clowns are removed/voted out . 
it’s all about the BENJAMINS for him and his squad!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • wolfcat
(01-16-2023, 11:23 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 10:17 PM)runthepill Wrote: Funny to see certain schools that are represented on board of controls and how they got in favorable districts lol
Facts !!!!
Tackett is easily bought and paid for! Nothing will ever change unless he and some of them other clowns are removed/voted out . 
it’s all about the BENJAMINS for him and his squad!
(01-16-2023, 08:31 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill and Russell should swap. That’s a hell of a drive from Irvine to Belfry on a Friday night.

Russell is right where they should be.

Russell to owingsville 1hr 12min 74miles

Russell to grayson 0hr 30min 24mi
Russell to Flemingsburg 1hr 24min 72mi
Russell to Vanceburg 0hr 48min 41mi
Russell to Olive Hill 0hr 41min 37mi

2hr 6min 117mi louisa to Irvine

2hr 25min 135mi Belfry to Irvine

1hr 17min 72mi salyersville to Irvine
1hr 11min 68mi West liberty to Irvine

0hr 23min 20mi Stanton to Irvine

1hr 58min112mi Pineville to Irvine

1hr 14min56mi manchester to Irvine

1hr 40min96mi barbourville to Irvine

1 hr 57 min103.6 miles stearns,ky to Irvine.
(01-16-2023, 08:31 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill and Russell should swap. That’s a hell of a drive from Irvine to Belfry on a Friday night.
Russell is right where they need to be. There’s not much of a drive difference between going to Belfry than there has been for you all playing in a district with Bell County and McCreary Central. If Estill wants a closer district they should petition to join the Bourbon, Lexington Catholic, Lloyd Memorial and Pendleton County district.
For 16th region teams:

This is a breath of new life for Russell football. This is akin to the district they had many years ago when state title runs were possible. Avoiding Belfry and Lawrence was ideal.

This is fantastic for Raceland football. Not only did they avoid Pikeville, they avoided Paintsville, too. And Pikeville got placed with both Paintsville and Hazard. The Rams got paired with 3 district opponents they regularly put running clocks on. Raceland remains the best path to the title game for any player in our area.

This is bad news for Ashland. It's time for Bob Seger to return to the Ashland threads as Johnson Central awaits. The Tomcats better hit the weight room and get older quick. They're in trouble.
6- Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset

From a competitive stand point, I like this district, but how does it make sense for Danville to be in this district?
Geez 1A district 8 is rough. 3 of the 4 regional finalists in the east and the eventual state champion from last season. Raceland has a cake walk.
Well, my prediction was a little off for Class A. RAMDAD50 was right about Raceland's district, so good call on that. I'm a little surprised they took Harlan out of the district with the other Southeastern mountain teams, but I guess they wanted 4-team districts across the board. Overall, the East and West looks balanced to me. Should make for some competitive district games and early playoff games. Can't wait for the 2023 season to get here!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(01-17-2023, 08:43 AM)16thregioner Wrote: For 16th region teams:

This is a breath of new life for Russell football.  This is akin to the district they had many years ago when state title runs were possible.  Avoiding Belfry and Lawrence was ideal.

This is fantastic for Raceland football.  Not only did they avoid Pikeville, they avoided Paintsville, too.  And Pikeville got placed with both Paintsville and Hazard.  The Rams got paired with 3 district opponents they regularly put running clocks on.  Raceland remains the best path to the title game for any player in our area.

This is bad news for Ashland.  It's time for Bob Seger to return to the Ashland threads as Johnson Central awaits.  The Tomcats better hit the weight room and get older quick.  They're in trouble.
I think you’re putting too much stock into Paintsville. Unless they get a huge influx of kids which is always a possibility, they are not going to be very good anytime in the foreseeable future on the football field. Looks like they had 6 freshman listed on the roster this year. I think Raceland would’ve had no problems with them staying in their district. Did Paintsville even end up having a Jr high team this year? I know Pikeville tried to schedule them and was told they weren’t having a team. 
As for Ashland, I think they can start to be a little more competitive with Johnson Central honestly. Johnson Centrals numbers through the middle school classes have seemed to be dwindling, and they haven’t been just cleaning everyone’s clocks like they did for such a long span but that doesn’t always correlate to either high success or lack there of so I’m not sure I really even have a valid point hahaha, but just pointing out my observation.

This is a breath of new life for Russell football.  This is akin to the district they had many years ago when state title runs were possible.  Avoiding Belfry and Lawrence was ideal.

This is fantastic for Raceland football.  Not only did they avoid Pikeville, they avoided Paintsville, too.  And Pikeville got placed with both Paintsville and Hazard.  The Rams got paired with 3 district opponents they regularly put running clocks on.  Raceland remains the best path to the title game for any player in our area.

This is bad news for Ashland.  It's time for Bob Seger to return to the Ashland threads as Johnson Central awaits.  The Tomcats better hit the weight room and get older quick.  They're in trouble.
(01-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I thought South Warren was moving to 6A?
Barren County requested to move up to 6a, allowing South Warren the option to go 5a.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • Bull got out!
(01-17-2023, 11:19 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: 6- Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset

From a competitive stand point, I like this district, but how does it make sense for Danville to be in this district?

Middlesboro going down really messed things up here. Sure, you could send Danville West to D3 or North to D4, but who would you send East in their place to keep D6 as a 4 team district? Had to be either LCA or Danville going East with Somerset, and my guess is they wanted to keep Danville and Somerset together. Might've also been about balancing out East v. West in 2A.

As for distance it kind of balances out between the two. Lexington is closer to Jackson, but Danville is closer to Hyden.
(01-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I thought South Warren was moving to 6A?

They were in the bottom 3 of 6A and when a couple of 5A's petitioned to play up, SW got the opportunity to drop back down and they took it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!

I disagree thinking that it’s better for Raceland to compete in a district without Paintsville. With the RPI system being is a tougher district isn’t a bad thing cause you will be reseeded after round two. You won’t be playing through your district. Now the Rams better go out and schedule cause they lost their only good district game.

If the numbers keep dropping across the state something will have to be done. Five classes seems to be the next move and doing away with your smallest 32 and largest 32 ….somethings got to give. Look at the list of schools and the space it took to type out all the teams and the districts. It would’ve been a long scroll to the bottom of it was Ohio. I know Ohio is much larger but man….there just is t a lot of schools in this state. There is no need for 6 classes but I’m afraid we will never go back.
I agree. I don’t like losing Paintsville in the district. But, I would be surprised if we lose that game off the schedule. I know for a fact that Raceland is chasing games like crazy. Anyone and everyone has been contacted and it continues daily. I know Mayfield, Beechwood, Pikeville, a team from VA, Huntington, WV, George Washington, WV, Johnson Central, Wheelersburg, Ironton, and some other CKY/OH teams have either reached out or have been reached out to. It’s going to be a tough schedule from here on out with this alignment. But it’s needed, imo, either way, for the program to take the next step.
- West Carter has requested to join 2A D7.

- Harlan wants to join 1A D7.

- Rockcastle County was to join 3A D7

Per Nate Bryan
A 3-Team district creates a scheduling nightmare. Whatever the remedy, a 3-Team district should be avoided.
Lawrence and Belfry will control Class 3A District 8.
(01-17-2023, 03:29 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 11:19 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: 6- Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset

Middlesboro going down really messed things up here. Sure, you could send Danville West to D3 or North to D4, but who would you send East in their place to keep D6 as a 4 team district? Had to be either LCA or Danville going East with Somerset, and my guess is they wanted to keep Danville and Somerset together. Might've also been about balancing out East v. West in 2A.

As for distance it kind of balances out between the two. Lexington is closer to Jackson, but Danville is closer to Hyden.
The only other option I see happening is LCA, Somerset, Danville and Owen County in the same district. Then move Leslie and Breathitt into District 7 or 8
Per Jason Frakes’ Twitter account, the realignment will be effective only for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. Another realignment will take place for the 2025 and beyond seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(01-18-2023, 03:16 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: - West Carter has requested to join 2A D7.

- Harlan wants to join 1A D7.

- Rockcastle County was to join 3A D7

I’m guessing Rock wants to stay in the East mainly for travel during the playoffs. With the current alignment, they may be driving to Louisville for playoff games, and then If they make it to a third round game, it could be Union County or somewhere in the far western part of the state.

Per Nate Bryan
KHSAA football alignment

Here is the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s football alignment for the 2023 and 2024 seasons:
Class 6A

District One – Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County

District Two – Barren County, Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central

District Three – Manual, Meade County, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier

District Four – Bullitt East, Fern Creek, Male, Southern

District Five – Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County, Trinity

District Six – Campbell County, Great Crossing, Ryle, Simon Kenton

District Seven – Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Tates Creek

District Eight – Bryan Station, Frederick Douglass, George Rogers Clark, Madison Central
Class 5A

District One – Apollo, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, Owensboro

District Two – Bowling Green, Greenwood, Ohio County, South Warren

District Three – Atherton, Butler, Fairdale, Iroquois

District Four – Bullitt Central, Grayson County, Moore, North Bullitt, Seneca

District Five – Anderson County, Collins, Scott County, South Oldham, Woodford County

District Six – Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott

District Seven – East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, West Jessamine

District Eight – Harlan County, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern
Class 4A

District One – Allen County-Scottsville, Calloway County, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Paducah Tilghman, Warren East

District Two – Bardstown, Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Nelson County, Thomas Nelson

District Three – DeSales, Doss, Jeffersontown, Valley, Waggener, Western

District Four – Franklin County, Henry County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Western Hills

District Five – Covington Catholic, Grant County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County

District Six – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

District Seven – Boyle County, Lincoln County, Russell County, Taylor County, Wayne County

District Eight – Corbin, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County
Class 3A

District One – Hancock County, Hopkins County Central, McLean County, Trigg County, Union County, Webster County

District Two – Adair County, Butler County, Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow, Hart County

District Three – Central, Christian Academy, Elizabethtown, LaRue County

District Four – Casey County, Garrard County, Marion County, Mercer County

District Five – Bourbon County, Lexington Catholic, Lloyd Memorial, Pendleton County

District Six – Bath County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Russell, West Carter

District Seven – Bell County, Clay County, Knox Central, McCreary Central, Rockcastle County

District Eight – Belfry, Estill County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County
Class 2A

District One – Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Mayfield, Murray

District Two – Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District Three – Clinton County, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District Four – Fort Knox, Lexington Christian, Shawnee, Washington County, W.E.B. DuBois (eligible in 2024)

District Five – Beechwood, Bracken County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Walton-Verona

District Six – Breathitt County, Danville, Leslie County, Somerset

District Seven – Floyd Central, Knott County Central, Martin County, Prestonsburg

District Eight – Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley
Class A

District One – Ballard Memorial, Caverna, Fulton County, Russellville

District Two – Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Kentucky Country Day, Louisville Holy Cross

District Three – Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District Four – Bishop Brossart, Covington Holy Cross, Ludlow, Trimble County

District Five – Berea, Eminence, Frankfort, Sayre

District Six – Fairview, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland

District Seven – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Pineville, Williamsburg

District Eight – Hazard, Paintsville, Pikeville

Not competing in district play – Jackson County (Class 2A), Phelps (Class A)
West Carter was denied after already requesting to play up in 3A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • BlackcatAlum