•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-06-2022, 12:07 PM)Hatz Wrote: Just a curious question for the post game talk here.  One of the great debates seems to be why Greer never changed things up with blitzes and different fronts. 

Perhaps he was afraid to put Quisenberry and Dawson in open space.  When he blitzed the risk/reward is to get to the QB and disrupt him.  But if it fails it puts great pressure on the Secondary if the two I mentioned above get into space.  Quisenberry even noted in the post game that on the TD play that was called back for a hold, he saw how that side of the Defense was reacting and wanted to go back there again.  So the next play, Boyle did just that and Q said what he saw in space the first play helped him in twisting and turning to the TD on the next play. 

Just curious thoughts.

Games are always won or lost in the trenches and this game was no different. Boyle just too physical for the hounds on line of scrimmage. Both teams played with all heart and better team won. But I will say people can Monday morning quarterback it to death but bottom line when it comes to 4th and 1 Haddix goes for it and wins big time games. 4th and 2 most will punt not saying it was wrong thing to do but to win at this level you gotta go for it because if you can’t get a yard for the state championship then you have no reason being there to start with. The hounds played great and will be back next year. In my opinion now im thinking the QB switch was smartest adjustment the coach did all year and it payed huge dividends. The hounds don’t get to Kroger field without #14 running the team. I was fooled by many in the beginning but no longer. Look for OC to take over head coaching duties in my opinion.
(12-06-2022, 12:07 PM)Hatz Wrote: Just a curious question for the post game talk here.  One of the great debates seems to be why Greer never changed things up with blitzes and different fronts. 

Perhaps he was afraid to put Quisenberry and Dawson in open space.  When he blitzed the risk/reward is to get to the QB and disrupt him.  But if it fails it puts great pressure on the Secondary if the two I mentioned above get into space.  Quisenberry even noted in the post game that on the TD play that was called back for a hold, he saw how that side of the Defense was reacting and wanted to go back there again.  So the next play, Boyle did just that and Q said what he saw in space the first play helped him in twisting and turning to the TD on the next play. 

Just curious thoughts.
Lets look at this. Go to the first half. Greer decides to punt on a 4th and 2 on the 40 or 41 with around 4 minutes before halfime with a tied score. You know, Quisenberry is receiving. So Corbin punts, Quisenberry catches it at the 26 and runs it back to the 45 of Boyle. Corbin just had the ball 15 yards away a second ago. Thats food for thought. Now getting to your example above, Corbins defense has to stop Boyle and not let them score. Heres what I saw from Boyle. 

Corbins defense with Boyle inside Corbin territory. 

Empty backfield Bunch QB run 11 yards  
Corbin facing a 1st and 10 on the 41
Bunch Right Empty QB run 3 yards 
 Corbin facing 3 yards 2cd 7 on the 38
Wildcat 22 direct snap Bodner run 5 yard run
Corbin facing a  2cd and 7 on the 33
Full House Set 
Corbin facing Boyle needing to get a 3rd and 1 
Boyle another Full House Set    Corbin enters Franklin West and Eli Bolton for that play 
To get a 1st down and Boyle got the first.

Boyle 1st and 10 on the 30 runs Trips right 1 yd pass to Quisenberry
Corbin facing a 2cd and 9 on the 29
Boyle runs Gun Tight pass to End Zone, there is a wide open reciever at bottom and he wasn't seen. 
Corbin now has Boyle facing a 3rd and 9 on the 29     Clock is at 1:46 2cd quarter
Boyle runs what looks like a shotgun I QB run 
Corbin is facing a 4th and 3 on the 23 Clock now is at :33 seconds

Boyle lines up in a Wildcat with Bodner, this is a huge play and I'll bet you a million bucks its going to be a run play  Smile Now getting to your question with all that. Corbin other than the Full House set above, runs a 4-4 every set that Haddix throws at him. No blitz from the Linebackers when there was empty backfields, and specifically on this play, you look out and see a wildcat formation and most likely a run. Let me ask you do you walk up 4 linebackers and take a chance? do you not spread out your other 2 linebackers closer to the edge, to me, when you havn't not got 1 single stop and Boyle is driving, you have to try at least to disrupt the offense with a change in defensive look, also I will add, Where is Franklin West and Eli Bolton on this play? Now I'm just putting stuff on here so you can go back and look at it. Its all facts. Watch the film Bodner gets the snap and even in the defense they are playing the 4-4, Bodner just makes a heck of a run to get the 3 yards. But to give Corbin a better chance to stop it, go look at Boyles defense when Corbin changes offensive sets, it was changing every time. Blitzes. Walking up Linebackers. 

Now you want to see something interesting I didn't see live, but when you watch the next play. I'll descibe it. 

Boyle has the 1st down and 10 and on the 19 yard line. Boyles offense goes with that Shotgun I set is what I call it and there is only :23 seconds remaining before halftime and when you watch this play, there is a hold on the Boyle player, now I know because I saw it and I asked my son, He played that same position of the player that held on that play, now the reason I bring that up, We all agree that refs miss calls and it is what it is, but at the time of ballgame, if that penalty is thrown, Boyle is backed up to the 29 and may not score. But lets just call it as it was, not a call and the next play Corbin actually has the bigs in on the play being West and Bolton and Boyle now goes to a Gun Tight formation and Corbn blitzes # 37 and this is what I saw, West goes to the left side of the play and the blitz goes in the left side also and when Bodner got that handoff, he goes in the endzone untouched. Now if you don't think this was a tight game and a game of inches, you just havn't seen the film. There was so much in the film it is unreal. This was a very good game, but again, a chess match.  But it being :16 seconds why not bitz both holes, now in defense to Corbin coaches on this play, this looked like possibly a miscommunication on that play, the lineman goes to the other hole then then that play may have ended differently.  Smile 

I also know, I am not a coach, I can make very good cup of coffee. This is all just food for thought. 

Also  the risk/ reward you can see it happeing to Boyle as well, Bodner interception or almost interception looked like a jumped route, and he does it again a play or 2 later and cant react to Brody Wells and Wells goes in for about a 40 yard touchdown reception. So yes, there is risk and rewards to making these types adjustments, but when you play conservative, a guy like Haddix will not only eat your lunch, he will steal your snacks and drink too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8
Nice story on WKYT on Boyle'S Cooper Brumment and Corbin's Jacob Baker.

https://www.wkyt.com/2022/12/06/sports-p...ve-christ/
[-] The following 7 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, BEChargers, Bull got out!, CC117, Deuce8, Hatz, Playcaller66
(12-06-2022, 12:37 PM)CC117 Wrote: Between that sack & his TD run Tommy took it over in the 4th & won it for us.  Seems like I can remember him getting it thrown to him a time or two at TE but I don’t remember another time in his BC career where he took a handoff & ran it before this game.  I am looking forward to watching him for at least the next 3 yrs at KY.  I believe this kid will probably play on Sundays

I agree, I'm a fan of this young man. I was at the Logan County game last year and he ran a similiar play and he scored like on about a 40 yard T.D. Run. It was unreal. I thought, he may need to just start running the ball lol. But on the KHSAA stats, it shows it as receiving but it was a very similiar play.
Let me address some of the claims that boyle county recruits Players want to come here boyle does not need to go out and ask players to join the Rebels Players look at the tradition and standard boyle county has
[-] The following 2 users Like #1catsfan's post:
  • Deuce8, Jack Lambert
.... and the grammar
(12-06-2022, 10:41 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: Let me address some of the claims that boyle county recruits Players want to come here boyle does not need to go out and ask players to join the Rebels Players look at the tradition and standard boyle county has
Can someone translate this?
(12-06-2022, 11:36 PM)16 special Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:41 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: Let me address some of the claims that boyle county recruits Players want to come here boyle does not need to go out and ask players to join the Rebels Players look at the tradition and standard boyle county has

No idea. But I'll take a shot. Boyle County ranks 1st in 4A football and in the 1st percentile in Language Arts???
(12-07-2022, 02:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

No idea. But I'll take a shot. Boyle County ranks 1st in 4A football and in the 1st percentile in Language Arts???
Both probably are facts but the real question is can they count to 100 ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes
We can count only up to 20 but that is only in the middle of the summer!
(12-07-2022, 02:12 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 02:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Both probably are facts but the real question is can they count to 100 ?
I don't know about 100, but they can count to 31 and 16..
31 and 16?? Please explain
(12-07-2022, 10:23 AM)CC117 Wrote: 31 and 16??  Please explain
I meant 30 and 13  Very Angry  the score of the last Boyle/JC game. I need to quit trying to be witty.
(12-07-2022, 10:29 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
I meant 30 and 13  Very Angry  the score of the last Boyle/JC game. I need to quit trying to be witty.
What about 21 and 20 ?
(12-07-2022, 10:32 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 10:29 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
What about 21 and 20 ?
Oh I remember 2019 very well...but I also remember 20, 21, and 22.
That one hurt far worse than getting flat out beat by a better team does. We had 5 turnovers in that game and missed an extra pt. Any one of those things doesn’t happen we probably still win. I would rather get beat like Douglass beat us than give away the game.
[-] The following 4 users Like CC117's post:
  • Hatz, HurryUp1001, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
It’s December 7th and the better team still won this football game.
[-] The following 4 users Like The_Cats_Meow's post:
  • CC117, HurryUp1001, Jack Lambert, Rebel55

Here you go.  Boyle doesn't need to recruit because the way things are rolling, the parents of really good players that live nearby want their kids to go play football there without the Rebels needing to reach out to them.  

Happy to help with translation services.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(12-05-2022, 07:24 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: “It’s personal,” she said. “We had a lot of history with Corbin. This one was really sweet. It closed a chapter that we’ve been trying to close for three years.”  

Doesn’t look like a quote from someone going back to Corbin.

Sounds like she may be holding on to some bitterness, which would be pretty understandable from what I know of the circumstances surrounding her husband's exodus from my hometown.

Has anyone heard talk of some ...shall we say, not so nice things that she was yelling at the Corbin kids during warm-ups, prior to the game? Supposedly , it was heard by about a dozen of the Corbin players and three coaches. If true, she may be letting her anger get in the way of her better judgement.
(12-07-2022, 09:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:24 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: “It’s personal,” she said. “We had a lot of history with Corbin. This one was really sweet. It closed a chapter that we’ve been trying to close for three years.”  

If your coaches and players were listening to someone on the sidelines other than the head coach then they deserve to get beat. You are not only delusional you must be demented. You got your ass handed to you. Start over with the same old s---  we have heard for the last 49 years. Now your blaming the opposing coaches wife for you getting beat. What a p-----. 

Sounds like she may be holding on to some bitterness, which would be pretty understandable from what I know of the circumstances surrounding her husband's exodus from my hometown.

Has anyone heard talk of some ...shall we say, not so nice things that she was yelling at the Corbin kids during warm-ups, prior to the game? Supposedly , it was heard by about a dozen of the Corbin players and three coaches. If true, she may be letting her anger get in the way of her better judgement.
From the looks of it this thread has about ran its course imo, every other comment since about the 3 or 4 page only seems to take away from what I thought was one of the best Championship games I watched over the weekend, maybe because it was the only one….Again Congrats to Boyle, I still Love my boys in red, and I don’t at all care about what someone said during a warm up before the game etc. act like adults and move on games over and thankfully no one was injured from either side. Hope everyone has a very blessed Merry CHRISTmas.
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • CC117, Playcaller66, Rebel55, toolaidback
(12-08-2022, 12:03 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: From the looks of it this thread has about ran its course imo, every other comment since about the 3 or 4 page only seems to take away from what I thought was one of the best Championship games I watched over the weekend, maybe because it was the only one….Again Congrats to Boyle, I still Love my boys in red, and I don’t at all care about what someone said during a warm up before the game etc. act like adults and move on games over and thankfully no one was injured from either side.  Hope everyone has a very blessed Merry CHRISTmas.

I happened to come cross the topic on another sports forum entitled " Coaching Changes at Corbin and Boyle County?"  A Corbin fan mentioned that she had yelled some things at the Corbin kids during warm-ups. I get how she might be bitter at being run out of our town. Lots of sneaky, dirty scoundrels in this town, for sure.  Yelling at adults might be understandable but yelling at teenage kids would might suggest a need for a therapist. Apparently, there are a dozen or so parents that very much DO care what adults are yelling at their kids in red.
(12-07-2022, 10:45 PM)back country Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 09:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

If your coaches and players were listening to someone on the sidelines other than the head coach then they deserve to get beat. You are not only delusional you must be demented. You got your ass handed to you. Start over with the same old s---  we have heard for the last 49 years. Now your blaming the opposing coaches wife for you getting beat. What a p-----. 

Well, this simply takes the cake.. Let’s all be honest here okay. This game was a great game to watch on both sides of the fence. Two very good teams battling like we all knew they would. Our Hounds had a fantastic season going 14-1 and to win district, Region, State Semifinals and State Runnerup. Why are people on here taking away from a great season of Corbin Football is astonishing to me. Boyle County beat the Hounds on Kroger Field in front of 1000’s of people. No disgrace losing to a better team on a particular night. However, with all the good things that happened all season long for the Hounds and Corbin community why in the world would people wanna tarnish it by placing blame on opposing teams wife. I get being hurt because you lost but Melissa Haddix didn’t beat the Hounds the Rebel Football team did period. We all know the situation that happened three years ago by us losing Haddix to Boyle County. We all also knew it was inevitable that these two teams would meet one day and everyone in Corbin wanted this game sooner than later. So yeah, I feel very confident that tension was in the air. I’ve sit in Campbell Field stadium for a lot of years and watched countless games over the years to include the six years that the Haddix family was part of our Redhound Family. I’ve heard numerous people in the stands on our side hollering and screaming at opposing teams players and refs and yet no one cares. The only reason people are so tore up is because after three years the Corbin fans finally get to watch the hounds and Boyle County get it on after three years of waiting. The outcome wasn’t what some wanted and I get that but seriously, getting on Facebook and calling out Haddix’s wife ( Dr Haddix ) about stuff none of them can proove is totally wrong and is borderline slander in my opinion. If I was Mrs Haddix I would retain an attorney and take a bunch of people to court over the Facebook stuff. These certain people don’t speak for Corbin at all. I think it’s shameful that people have to create a distraction for losing a great game. Be thankful the hounds are loaded next year and will be back to battle again and from looking at the 4A realignment it’s gonna be tougher than ever to win it all. People on Facebook talking about having class and yet run a lady down that used to be our people. How many people did Dr Haddix help in our community? Just think about that when you’re running her down verbally. How many times have you taken your child to see Dr Haddix or your wife or husband. She’s a great lady and she was a valuable asset to our community just like her husband that was pushed out the door. Something tells me with everything in me this was a distraction simply because rumors were going around they might be coming back to Corbin and certain people knows if that happens they might not be eating at the same table as others in town. Get over yourself and start putting the kids first. Everyone got the game they wanted just not the outcome. My goodness coach Haddix you’ve been disrupting this town since the 51-0 win With Breathitt County. Congratulations to Boyle County Rebels on an impressive season and 3-Peat.. what could have been in Corbin. Go Hounds..
[-] The following 9 users Like Playcaller66's post:
  • 64SUR, CC117, Corbin, FootballFan1999, Hatz, HighViz, HurryUp1001, Rebel55, toolaidback
I can’t repeat this statement above enuf! DING DING DING! These same people that are makin these allegations were sitting there yellin at the other coaches and teams when she was in Corbin Red.

This is simply a diversion, distraction, and utterly shameful. Definition of butthurt. The ones placing the blame are a few of the coaches wives that know if haddix did come back, their husbands wouldn’t have a job. Ha ha ha

And I don’t think Melissa would would talk bad about one single kid on our team. Tommy, Wayne, Jody, Guy, Jeremy she was talkin to you if she said anything. What a joke!
[-] The following 5 users Like HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR, CC117, Corbin, Playcaller66, Rebel55
I agree 100% about the talk on social media about Mrs. Haddix being fake news as they say. It is no surprise whatsoever that the people who were so vocal about these "rumors" of her cursing players were those who either are clearly part of the "good ol boy network" or have family that would possibly be out of work if Haddix came back. I am 95% positive that nothing was said to any kids. This is just a perfect opportunity to make up something to try and put doubt in the minds of those who have been working on getting them back to Corbin. If anything was said, I'm sure it was good natured and in a joking manner because say what you want but the Haddix's love those kids at both Corbin and Boyle alike. Coach or not, you won't find many who open their home weekly to dozens of hell raising teenagers and feed them every week. They're great people who just fell victim of the crooked Corbin politics that try to control every coach.
[-] The following 5 users Like Corbin's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, CC117, Playcaller66, Rebel55
I'll say this much, I watched the film so much I always skip through the warmups and I hadn't watched the after the game lineup and handshake and trophy presentation. I went back last night and watched it, this is what I saw as far as the film, You can keep your eyes on everyone and there doesn't seem to be a distraction and I saw no body language that suggest anything and I'll say of all people Julian Tacket was front and center on the field during the trophy presentation. Also, there was so many non affiliated media recording and just getting the moments that to me capturing all the moments. Now, I watched that game in person and left as quick as it was over, I didn't stay because I had lots of people with me. I personally didn't hear anything negative. Again after breaking down this film, I enjoy seeing two very good football teams play. Talent all over the field. Very good game to see in person. Proud of the kids!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Corbin, Playcaller66, Rebel55
The video I have of my kid taking the field during warmups, Dr Haddix is on the front row surrounded by several BC people and her kids and is a LONG way from anyone in red. At that point, the stands were still empty enough that I’m fairly confident had she been yelling loud enough for Corbin kids or fans to have heard anything then I would have heard it too. She wasn’t that far away from where I was sitting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • 64SUR
So I guess all of you so called Corbin fans don't believe what the players are telling their parents? Maybe you guys should ask some players before writing off silly comments. The truth is there if you actually know any players ask them.
Do not believe she was talking to the Corbin players. Not for 1 second. Coaches, yea I could believe it. As the poster stated above. This takes the cake! If my child said, daddy that mean ol coach Haddix’s wife was calling me names. I’d tell him to be a man, quit cryin. My mom told me a story once about sticks and stones. My dad told me, and still tells to this day this new generation is soft as cotton. Both are undeniable truths.
A lot of Corbin fans up in arms about he say/she say while Boyle Co is already planning and gearing up for the 23 season..
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next