•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: There will be a running…………. Clock.
Lol maybe in the tunnel or locker room! Probably a few of them throughout Kroger but you won’t However see one on the scoreboard.

(11-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Justus Wrote: I hope they both lose, lol
Wouldn’t that be Great! ?

(11-27-2022, 02:07 PM)Truewords Wrote: This is a matchup of the 2 best teams in 1A. Pikeville is just better. Raceland has better athletes at receiver. Pikeville has Birchfield and that will be the difference. Everyone has tried to stop him but no one has. I would like to see Pikeville use Scott more in passing game he is big target with good hands. The X factor will be Bevins for Pikeville he could have a big game. Pikeville 42. Raceland 20.
This game won’t be won at the skill positions. Pikeville’s strength is their O Line. Raceland’s Defensive line has to step up in a big way! If they can find a way to control the line of scrimmage they win! If not Pikeville adds another.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(11-29-2022, 11:01 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: I’ll be shocked if this isn’t a close ball game. I’m biased but I just think the Rams are able to compete in this game.
I agree with you on this and it is going to be a dog fight but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-30-2022, 02:43 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: There will be a running…………. Clock.
Lol maybe in the tunnel or locker room! Probably a few of them throughout Kroger but you won’t However see one on the scoreboard.

I certainly hope it does not for the sake of Highschool football in KY and the players on both teams will have a better experience if its a good ball game... IMO

But...... don't be surprised if it happens. 

After Pikeville put a running clock on Hazard and Raceland barely escaped Hazard, why are you so sure it won't happen? 

Now, we all know that football is a game of matchups and comparing mutual opponents is not always the best indicator of how a game will go, but sometimes it is.
(11-30-2022, 02:43 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

(11-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Justus Wrote: I hope they both lose, lol
Wouldn’t that be Great! ?

(11-27-2022, 02:07 PM)Truewords Wrote: This is a matchup of the 2 best teams in 1A. Pikeville is just better. Raceland has better athletes at receiver. Pikeville has Birchfield and that will be the difference. Everyone has tried to stop him but no one has. I would like to see Pikeville use Scott more in passing game he is big target with good hands. The X factor will be Bevins for Pikeville he could have a big game. Pikeville 42. Raceland 20.
This game won’t be won at the skill positions. Pikeville’s strength is their O Line. Raceland’s Defensive line has to step up in a big way! If they can find a way to control the line of scrimmage they win! If not Pikeville adds another.
I’ve said all season we won’t beat Pikeville if we try to out muscle and get into a fist fight with them.  To win this game we have to figure out a way to keep long 4-5 minute drives and keep their defense on the field.  The key for Raceland to get the win is to shorten the game and never find ourselves in a 10 point deficit.  Offensively we have the talent at the skill positions to put points in the board but as LCA and NCC will tell you, Pikeville’s defense can shut down a talented offense.  That being said, Raceland is a tough team and we can compete if we don’t win fall into the trap of getting overwhelmed by momentum like we did last year.
(11-30-2022, 02:20 AM)TigerBlues Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: So the only advantage Pikeville has is because they have been to the championship before, so I take that as Raceland has a better offense and defensive lines plus better running backs better linebackers better defensive backs and better receivers and definitely better quarterback and coaches so why worried about winning the game if your whole team is better. Where you at Jet-Pilot? As always GO PANTHERS!!! I still believe you guys have a chance

nope!! That’s the biggest advantage. Here’s my breakdown:

QBs: 
By the numbers it’s really close. But I’m going with Lundy based on experience and ability to run between the tackles.

WRs:
Advantage Raceland if Boykins is out. If Boykins plays, advantage Pikeville, imo. He will be the fastest on the field.

RBs:
Advantage Pikeville. Birchfield, Wright, and the other horse are a 3 headed freight train from hell. Imo, Wallace is just as hard nosed as Birchfield, just doesn’t have the breakaway speed. Farrow is as fast, but not as downhill or physical, Browning just isn’t as strong. 

OL:
it’s a toss up. Pikeville is definitely stronger, so advantage to them. But Raceland is faster upfront on offense and gets out on the second level as good as anyone in the state. If Salyer is out, advantage Raceland, if he is in, advantage Pikeville.

DL:
Another toss up. Again it’s speed vs strength here. 

LBs: Pikeville by a slim margin bc of size and Carson Wright. Raceland flies sideline to sideline like crazy though as a front 7. I just think Pikeville may be a little stronger.

Secondary: 
adblvantage Pikeville. They are just as atheistic as our secondary but outside of Wallace, they are significantly bigger I believe and just as quick.

Imo, it comes down to if Raceland has made enough strides in the off-season to physically stand toe to toe with the Panthers. From an athletic standpoint, we are neck and neck. And our LBs have drastically improved over the last year. 

midway through the season, I was second guessing our ability to hang. Now I feel like we can do that and then some. Still thumbing my way through Pikevilles games to make my final prediction. Neither one of these teams are who they were in weeks 1-4 btw. Not even close.

You would have to be eating a bowl of mushrooms while simultaneously drinking moonshine hitting the crack pipe and snorting a pill to come up with this analysis. Bless your heart Scotty.
Jet it’s been awhile, I wouldn’t worry about Bronson. He’s the same clown that said Daniels from Paintsville wasn’t an impact player a few years ago. Panthers roll and hope you doing good ?

He TB! Glad to see you climbed out from under whatever rock you were living under!lol…I don’t recall ever saying Kash wasn’t an impact player. Could have said he was more of a factor on defense…which as his career would show, is true. That being said…that was a half decade ago. Just wanted to luk I was still out here clowning around!
O and D line aren’t even close, nor are LBs. Secondary is close though.
Man this is going to be a good matchup. I do not expect a running clock. These teams will matchup well. What happen last year means absolutely nothing. These teams offensively do two things well. Run the ball, and block down field. Defensively they both are good at stopping the run, and getting pressure on the quarterback. Whoever wins this game is going to have to win the time of possession. They will also need to have the least turnovers. They will also need to win 1st and 2nd down to have no less than 3rd and 3. Special teams will also play a big factor. Each team needs to not allow nothing big for a score in this department.

Racelands key to success
- Do not give up any big pass plays
- Give Wallace more carries in this game than he usually gets
- Long sustained drives to keep the Pikeville Defense cold
- Force turnovers

Pikevilles key to success
- Control both lines of scrimmage
- Keep using multiple backs to soften the defensive line
- Keep pressure on quarterback
- Take what the defense gives you in the passing game

These teams haven’t trailed much this season, Raceland got its gut check against Hazard in week 3 of the playoffs and was on the edge of its seat until the last snap. They showed poise and come up with the win. Pikeville hasn’t trailed in a game since the beginning of the season. So if Pikeville gets down in this game late in the 3rd, will they panic? I don’t think they will, but it could happen. I’ve said to myself there was 3 teams that would have a shot to beat Pikeville, 1 Hazard, 2 Raceland, and 3 Pikeville.
I’m looking forward to hopefully watching this one if I’m able too.

So good luck teams!!
[-] The following 5 users Like bac2369's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Humpty Dumpty, Micro-Brew, Orange Blaze, Patriot1
I can agree with that. Solid post
(11-30-2022, 05:20 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Man this is going to be a good matchup. I do not expect a running clock. These teams will matchup well. What happen last year means absolutely nothing. These teams offensively do two things well. Run the ball, and block down field. Defensively they both are good at stopping the run, and getting pressure on the quarterback. Whoever wins this game is going to have to win the time of possession. They will also need to have the least turnovers.  They will also need to win 1st and 2nd down to have no less than 3rd and 3. Special teams will also play a big factor. Each team needs to not allow nothing big for a score in this department.

Racelands key to success
-  Long sustained drives to keep the Pikeville Defense cold
- Force turnovers

These teams haven’t trailed much this season, Raceland got its gut check against Hazard in week 3 of the playoffs and was on the edge of its seat until the last snap. They showed poise and come up with the win. Pikeville hasn’t trailed in a game since the beginning of the season. So if Pikeville gets down in this game late in the 3rd, will they panic?  I don’t think they will, but it could happen. I’ve said to myself there was 3 teams that would have a shot to beat Pikeville,  1 Hazard, 2 Raceland, and 3 Pikeville.

So good luck teams!!
Very good post bac, and i especially agree with item #2. There are so many that focus only on #12 for Pikeville and it's easy to see why. The kid is a phenomenal back. However there are three more that are really coming into their own. Take a look at #35 last week with NCC. This young man is a brute that knows how to score and is hard to stop. Then, look at #14. He has been a tank all season long and just gets better every  game. Both mentioned are just Sophomores btw. Then there's #18. This one can play multiple rolls on the O. From jet sweeps to short passes, he gets it done . Last week , he was a good sub for Tavion Boykins when he was unable to start. Plenty of speed and quickness with #18. The three mentioned are difference makers.
(11-30-2022, 02:20 AM)TigerBlues Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: So the only advantage Pikeville has is because they have been to the championship before, so I take that as Raceland has a better offense and defensive lines plus better running backs better linebackers better defensive backs and better receivers and definitely better quarterback and coaches so why worried about winning the game if your whole team is better. Where you at Jet-Pilot? As always GO PANTHERS!!! I still believe you guys have a chance

nope!! That’s the biggest advantage. Here’s my breakdown:

QBs: 
By the numbers it’s really close. But I’m going with Lundy based on experience and ability to run between the tackles.

WRs:
Advantage Raceland if Boykins is out. If Boykins plays, advantage Pikeville, imo. He will be the fastest on the field.

RBs:
Advantage Pikeville. Birchfield, Wright, and the other horse are a 3 headed freight train from hell. Imo, Wallace is just as hard nosed as Birchfield, just doesn’t have the breakaway speed. Farrow is as fast, but not as downhill or physical, Browning just isn’t as strong. 

OL:
it’s a toss up. Pikeville is definitely stronger, so advantage to them. But Raceland is faster upfront on offense and gets out on the second level as good as anyone in the state. If Salyer is out, advantage Raceland, if he is in, advantage Pikeville.

DL:
Another toss up. Again it’s speed vs strength here. 

LBs: Pikeville by a slim margin bc of size and Carson Wright. Raceland flies sideline to sideline like crazy though as a front 7. I just think Pikeville may be a little stronger.

Secondary: 
adblvantage Pikeville. They are just as atheistic as our secondary but outside of Wallace, they are significantly bigger I believe and just as quick.

Imo, it comes down to if Raceland has made enough strides in the off-season to physically stand toe to toe with the Panthers. From an athletic standpoint, we are neck and neck. And our LBs have drastically improved over the last year. 

midway through the season, I was second guessing our ability to hang. Now I feel like we can do that and then some. Still thumbing my way through Pikevilles games to make my final prediction. Neither one of these teams are who they were in weeks 1-4 btw. Not even close.

You would have to be eating a bowl of mushrooms while simultaneously drinking moonshine hitting the crack pipe and snorting a pill to come up with this analysis. Bless your heart Scotty.
Jet it’s been awhile, I wouldn’t worry about Bronson. He’s the same clown that said Daniels from Paintsville wasn’t an impact player a few years ago. Panthers roll and hope you doing good ?

Great to see you on here TB! Doing well hope you are too! If Scotty ever thought that for one second he should give up sports forever. You need to stop in and have some beers with the boys next time you are over Mouthcard way!
(11-30-2022, 09:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 05:20 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Man this is going to be a good matchup. I do not expect a running clock. These teams will matchup well. What happen last year means absolutely nothing. These teams offensively do two things well. Run the ball, and block down field. Defensively they both are good at stopping the run, and getting pressure on the quarterback. Whoever wins this game is going to have to win the time of possession. They will also need to have the least turnovers.  They will also need to win 1st and 2nd down to have no less than 3rd and 3. Special teams will also play a big factor. Each team needs to not allow nothing big for a score in this department.

Racelands key to success
-  Long sustained drives to keep the Pikeville Defense cold
- Force turnovers

These teams haven’t trailed much this season, Raceland got its gut check against Hazard in week 3 of the playoffs and was on the edge of its seat until the last snap. They showed poise and come up with the win. Pikeville hasn’t trailed in a game since the beginning of the season. So if Pikeville gets down in this game late in the 3rd, will they panic?  I don’t think they will, but it could happen. I’ve said to myself there was 3 teams that would have a shot to beat Pikeville,  1 Hazard, 2 Raceland, and 3 Pikeville.

So good luck teams!!
Very good post bac, and i especially agree with item #2. There are so many that focus only on #12 for Pikeville and it's easy to see why. The kid is a phenomenal back. However there are three more that are really coming into their own. Take a look at #35 last week with NCC. This young man is a brute that knows how to score and is hard to stop. Then, look at #14. He has been a tank all season long and just gets better every  game. Both mentioned are just Sophomores btw. Then there's #18. This one can play multiple rolls on the O. From jet sweeps to short passes, he gets it done . Last week , he was a good sub for Tavion Boykins when he was unable to start. Plenty of speed and quickness with #18. The three mentioned are difference makers.
Want to mention #32 for Pikeville. This young man has been injured since his Sophomore year, and now is his time to use his talents as a LB on the D, and a RB on the O since his recovery. He really looked good last week with the fake punt and just plain o running the ball. Another vital weapon that Panther fans appreciate greatly!
I have said for 3 years that a healthy Carson Wright it one of the best football players I have seen in the last 20 years. That kid is a physical stud and has crazy instincts for finding the football.
Carson was the name that everyone heard and knew coming out of middle school and then the ACL injuries started to pile up on him and it took away what probably would've been a top 3 running back to ever play at Pikeville if you just looked at his upside. But in his absence you had a slot that transitioned to RB because he was tough and fast and now you have a Mr. Football candidate in Blake Birchfield. Just wild to think about and a name that is going to become a house hold name is Brendon Anthony #35, the kid is a sophomore and honestly makes some of the biggest plays each and every game on both sides of the ball. I wish he got more carries at RB because it takes a truck to get him to the ground
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-29-2022, 11:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Good analysis by MB but really didn’t talk about one huge factor - Pikeville defense. Raceland hasn’t seen anything like it. And yes I mean Highlands too. I just have a hard time seeing Raceland scoring more than 14-17 on that D.
Raceland on D will stack the box or blitze constantly and Pikeville will be ready to make them pay with the passing game. Still having a hard time seeing Raceland going from not being able to tackle Birchfield at all to shutting him down.
Raceland is good but their ridiculously easy schedule has made them look great.

A lot of years this Raceland team would be good enough to win the title but this Pikeville team is special even by Pikeville standards. If Raceland does pull off the win congrats in advance, they will have reached greatness status.

Pikeville 35
Raceland 17
We have seen a defense as good as Pikeville. Ft Thomas Highlands. They had interior defensive linemen that could run down and tackle running backs. Pikeville won’t be any faster to the ball than highlands was. Problem is we haven’t seen that since week 4. On the plus side Pikeville hasn’t faced a good defense since week 2
Ft Thomas gave up 40+ points to Simon Kenton. Everyone says SK wasn’t that good. I disagree though. Don’t know about FTH’s defense though
That was their first game of the season.
(11-30-2022, 11:54 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: That was their first game of the season.
It was the other teams too. 

Hey listen, SK had one heck of an offense. So that’s no shade.
(11-30-2022, 11:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Ft Thomas gave up 40+ points to Simon Kenton. Everyone says SK wasn’t that good. I disagree though. Don’t know about FTH’s defense though

You was reading my mind.  SK put up a sh!tload of points on the Boo Birds. However, to be fair, SK had a really,really good offense.
(11-30-2022, 11:45 PM)Yay RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Good analysis by MB but really didn’t talk about one huge factor - Pikeville defense. Raceland hasn’t seen anything like it. And yes I mean Highlands too. I just have a hard time seeing Raceland scoring more than 14-17 on that D.
Raceland on D will stack the box or blitze constantly and Pikeville will be ready to make them pay with the passing game. Still having a hard time seeing Raceland going from not being able to tackle Birchfield at all to shutting him down.
Raceland is good but their ridiculously easy schedule has made them look great.

A lot of years this Raceland team would be good enough to win the title but this Pikeville team is special even by Pikeville standards. If Raceland does pull off the win congrats in advance, they will have reached greatness status.

Pikeville 35
Raceland 17
We have seen a defense as good as Pikeville. Ft Thomas Highlands. They had interior defensive linemen that could run down and tackle running backs. Pikeville won’t be any faster to the ball than highlands was. Problem is we haven’t seen that since week 4. On the plus side Pikeville hasn’t faced a good defense since week 2

You are dreaming. FTH gave up 40+ 3 different times and has given up about 100 more points than Pikeville. Add to that the vast majority vs Pikeville has been on second and third string after first 2 games.

You’re also forgetting that Hazard defense that held Raceland to 17 points in 4 quarters that Pikeville offense put 52 on in 3 quarters. If you are trying to compare Raceland schedule with Pikeville you must have got into that same batch of bad mushrooms Scotty is eating.
One more fact Hazard had 230 yards of offense against Raceland and 126 yards of offense against Pikeville and that’s by Hazard’s stats not Pikeville’s but comparing these 2 teams to other teams is not an accurate way to predict what is going to happen in this game. I’m my opinion and this is an opinion this game could go so many ways and I could see a lot of different out comes. These 2 are the best in 1A and that is a given now what these young men do is not a given. We will have to wait and see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
This will be a close game. Any updates on the health of the injured Pikeville players? That may go a long way in determining the outcome of this one.
Clock is already running.
I am looking forward to see what Raceland does to try and slow down the Pikeville offense.
^^^I can already answer that. They will have 7-8 players within 0-3 yards of the LOS.
Last prediction. Raceland will run a trick/gadget play on their FIRST SERIES.
Onside kick and/or halfback pass and/or all other.
(12-01-2022, 09:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Last prediction. Raceland will run a trick/gadget play on their FIRST SERIES.
Onside kick and/or halfback pass and/or all other.
Hahah you are right my friend haha 
I hope everyone has a safe trip up and back tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot
^Great find Bull. Both coaches are well spoken and represent their programs the right way in the way they carry themselves.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
RACELAND BARELY BEAT HAZARD AT HOME. 17-14, I HAVE WATCHED PIKEVILLE PLAY SEVERAL TIMES AND I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT.
PIKEVILLE-48
RACELAND -6
RUNNING CLOCK
RACELAND FANS YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT, A GOOD OLE BUTT WHOPPING!!!!!
It’s game day Panthers at least when you wake up it will be so get ready for and old fashioned brawl because this Raceland team will bring it. Do your jobs all gas no brakes and no plays off or they will make you pay. You guys have been working all year for this opportunity so it’s here and this game is your main goal so good luck in this game and this old fan will be cheering for you guys and probably for my last time GO PANTHERS!!!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next