Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
These 2 teams have been on a collision course since July. Can Raceland get over the hump? Or will Pikeville repeat? As always I’m going with my Panthers.
There will be a running…………. Clock.
Pikeville 32 Raceland 13.
Rams will have to play their best game all season, force some turnovers and 3 and outs to beat the Panthers. That being said, the Panthers are going to have to play a pretty flawless game themselves and not give Raceland any second chances. I know a lot will predict a running clock, but I don’t see that happening. I think these are the best two teams in the first 2 classes and both are a top 5 team in classes 1-4A. This is the game we all wanted and it should be a dandy. Going to see how the health card is playing out for both squads before I make a prediction. In any event, both of these teams did everything they were supposed to do and then some. Racelands loss to Highlands and Pikevilles too losses to Cov Cath and Corbin, were difference makers in their seasons. Depth for these two was key to get them where they are. Neither has seen that depth in a class A team this year.
Pikeville will win my only post on here.
Signing off it’s been another great year of football
(11-26-2022, 12:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will win my only post on here.
Jet I hope to be able to catch up with you next weekend and say hello!
(11-26-2022, 12:45 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Rams will have to play their best game all season, force some turnovers and 3 and outs to beat the Panthers. That being said, the Panthers are going to have to play a pretty flawless game themselves and not give Raceland any second chances. I know a lot will predict a running clock, but I don’t see that happening. I think these are the best two teams in the first 2 classes and both are a top 5 team in classes 1-4A. This is the game we all wanted and it should be a dandy. Going to see how the health card is playing out for both squads before I make a prediction. In any event, both of these teams did everything they were supposed to do and then some. Racelands loss to Highlands and Pikevilles too losses to Cov Cath and Corbin, were difference makers in their seasons. Depth for these two was key to get them where they are. Neither has seen that depth in a class A team this year.
LOL
I listened to the Hail Podcast before the NCC game on the radio and they said NCC was the second best team in 1A and that Raceland didn’t have the athletes that NCC did. I don’t know if they just haven’t watch Raceland play, but they are the clear #2 in 1A and the only team that has a slight chance against Pikeville
Sticking with my pre season prediction that 2022 will be the year Raceland win’s their first 1A State Title. Pikeville’s Line is their strength. The Rams control the line of scrimmage and they win. They don’t and it’s hard telling how long they’ll go before putting a State Championship trophy in the case!

Raceland 31
Pikeville 28
All Pikeville all day …… running clock
Pikeville by 4+ TD’s.
(11-26-2022, 12:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will win my only post on here.

Come on bro. Fighting with DisgRaceland fans the week ya play them is the best. Don’t be a sissy jet.
(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]There will be a running…………. Clock.

Clock feels bad for the Rams... It's already started running .
There’s no way Pikeville wins this game with a running clock. Have any of those predicting this even seen the Ram defense this year? I would nickname them the “Violent Voters” because they are aggressive and old.

Raceland’s main weakness is the lack of a playmaker on offense. I think their defense will keep them in the game, though.

I do fear Raceland’s coaching staff doing something stupid as I’ve seen them do in years past. It’s as if they can’t get the underdog mentality out of their head sometimes in big games.

This Raceland D is the real deal, though, and there’s a good chance the Rams will be hanging their first state title banner in their nice new facilities next weekend.
Raceland will stick around for most of the first half. But Pikeville will take it by 3 scores, 35-14.
(11-26-2022, 12:57 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
Jet I hope to be able to catch up with you next weekend and say hello!

By all means. You are one of my favorite people on here OB.
Let me know. 
I want to say I think Pikeville will win BUT if they don’t I think Raceland is the team that doesn’t have a championship that I would like to see win one. Just hopefully next year lol
To be clear Raceland is a worthy 1A champion right now
Someone has taken over as pilot on Jets bluegrass rivals account or he has drank to much jet fuel because he isn’t responding right
Who has the better LoS?
(11-26-2022, 01:47 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]There’s no way Pikeville wins this game with a running clock.  Have any of those predicting this even seen the Ram defense this year?  I would nickname them the “Violent Voters” because they are aggressive and old.

Raceland’s main weakness is the lack of a playmaker on offense.  I think their defense will keep them in the game, though. 

I do fear Raceland’s coaching staff doing something stupid as I’ve seen them do in years past.  It’s as if they can’t get the underdog mentality out of their head sometimes in big games.

This Raceland D is the real deal, though, and there’s a good chance the Rams will be hanging their first state title banner in their nice new facilities next weekend.
So Pikeville defense isn’t as good as Racelands and just how many games of Pikevilles have you watched
Honestly haven’t seen raceland except for highlights, have seen pikeville though. If racelands D is good enough to shut down the run, they could possibly win. But Pikes D isn’t a pushover. So even if you can shut down the panthers run, you still might have trouble scoring if offense is your weakness.

Honestly I think the weakness will be the physical level it takes to win a title. Pikeville has played some good teams, and knows what it takes to beat them, raceland might have it in them, but they haven’t played a team at that level.
Bottom line is it will all be settled on the field next Friday at noon. If we get the best version of Raceland it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. If we don’t get the best version of Raceland it could get ugly quickly. The orange goggles are off. Rams will have to play one of their best games to have a chance at getting a W. The coaches will have a good game plan as always. Will the Kids be focused and locked in? Guess we will find out Next Friday at noon.
Every one’s knows I am a Pikeville fan but I still pick Pikeville to win and always will now Raceland better not come out and play like they did against Hazard or it will be a long day for them but Raceland can win this game but they will have to play the best game they played all year because Pikeville ain’t no slouch and they have a very good team but I am glad these 2 meet in the finals this year because they are the best 2 teams in 1A but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

(11-26-2022, 02:35 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Bottom line is it will all be settled on the field next Friday at noon. If we get the best version of Raceland it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. If we don’t get the best version of Raceland it could get ugly quickly. The orange goggles are off. Rams will have to play one of their best games to have a chance at getting a W. The coaches will have a good game plan as always. Will the Kids be focused and locked in? Guess we will find out Next Friday at noon.
RamA Devil no Rams by eleventy billion I miss that
I’ll have to agree with you there. The only positive from the Hazard game is the kids responded when they were down and fought back and won the game. Our kids got sucked into playing hazards chippy style of play. Can’t do that next Friday.
(11-26-2022, 02:24 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Who has the better LoS?

With the injury to #75 tonight for Pikeville who returned to the sideline with crutches and street clothes. I’d say that makes it much closer to a coin toss with my pick of Pikeville being the better LOS. Because he plays nose as well and really controls the Center and Guard most plays.
Pikeville is just too good.

Panthers win, 35-14.
Well ... Raceland gets what they've been asking for.

Watched plenty of their tape in the build-up to the Hazard game. I didn't think they were much better than Hazard. Unless the Panthers just come out flat. This one should be over by halftime.

Pikeville may struggle early to run the ball with Blake. But Anthony will soften up that front seven. If Pikeville gets into the soft spots of the zone and does not just look vertically, Boykins and company will burn Raceland's secondary. Then Blake will put on a show.

With that said, Raceland's nose guard is insanely good, fast, and twitchy. Safety is quick to the ball and will hit you right in the mouth. #4 is a solid linebacker.

Raceland's offense ... well ... it's going to be tough sledding unless they develop some sort of passing game that isn't more than one read and Lundy throwing it to his first guy. Otherwise, Pikeville's secondary will have a field day.

Hail Pikeville.
What’s the story on Boykin? He been in street clothes bc he is not needed and will be back for the title game? Kid is an electric player. Hate to see him miss this one. What about Peyton? Those two being out, by no means stops a train like Pikeville, so that is not why I ask. Just hate to see two pieces that have been so integral to a teams success miss the biggest game of the year.
(11-26-2022, 01:14 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]I listened to the Hail Podcast before the NCC game on the radio and they said NCC was the second best team in 1A and that Raceland didn’t have the athletes that NCC did. I don’t know if they just haven’t watch Raceland play, but they are the clear #2 in 1A and the only team that has a slight chance against Pikeville
First off, thanks so much for listening! Secondly, If you’ve ever listened to us much before last night, you know we’re notorious for getting a little “Carried Away”…..Its kindve our thing….LOL! Yes we’ve all watched Raceland and they’re a good football team. They wouldn’t be going to Kroger if they weren’t.
Raceland by 7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8