Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LCA
16.67%
Mayfield
83.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
LCA @ Mayfield 11/25
(11-20-2022, 03:45 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 02:04 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Got to drive 5 hours, walk into the tunnel under all the years MHS has won it all, out the other side to a wild crowd, around past the tailgaters and onto a grass field. Gonna be real hard for anyone in any class. Has proven to be even harder for about the past 14 years. I like the Cards chances. Cards by 10.

I do think that Mayfield will win this one, for reasons that I stated earlier.  However, I don't think the Eagles will be intimidated by War Memorial and the Mayfield crowd.  LCA has played in may more big games the past 2 seasons than the Cardinals.  Only the freshmen on Mayfield have experienced a State Championship environment.  LCA has been their for the past two.  They've also played at: Boyle County, CAL, Lexington Catholic, Owensboro Catholic, Frederick Douglass and Pikeville over the past 2+ seasons.  They also play on grass, so I don't see why that would be a factor. But, in the end, I think the trip to Mayfield, and a porous defense will be what does them in.
^^ Yep!! I’m on your side. Mayfields schedule will more than likely catch up them, but not this game. I still tbink it will be decided by 14 or less though. And while War mem. is a tough place to play, a team like LCA who has played a lot of tough road teams, shouldn’t have much problem with the environment. Honesty teams at this round shouldn’t be the least bit effected by tough environments or road games.
(11-20-2022, 01:56 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I recall the same talk from people when DeSales came to visit in 2015. Then they talked about how intimidating it was gonna be for the Cards to see them fill the field with 100 players. Well, we see what happened there. I will provide you with some stats to back it.

I recall Danville smoking your arrogant hind end. precious memories Smile
I doubt LCA is intimidated, and a couple bird brains make it hard to pick them, but I think Mayfield will win the battle of the birds.
The long ride to the field will be more of a factor than the field itself. 

Mayfield wins this one by somewhere between 1-3 touchdowns.
Mayfield wins and a game against Beechwood awaits. No shock here.

35-24 Cards
LCA had a grass surface on their home field until this season. This is the first year with turf.
I have watched LCA play two games (Madison Central and OCath) and I have watched Mayfield play two games (PT and Metcalfe). Just from my observation I would say LCA is a 10 point favorite. OCath has an outstanding defense but couldn't stop LCA in the 2nd half and LCA could only manage a TD in the first half with about a minute to go in the half. LCA scored in the 2nd half mainly because LCA had to start throwing the ball. I just don't think Mayfield can stop Boley and the passing game. If Mayfield can run the ball consistently then they will be in the game. I don't think Mayfield can throw the ball on LCA because they put so much pressure on the quarterback. Should be a good game but I'm going with LCA 35 Mayfield 24. Good Luck to both teams and pray they both make it through injury free.
They didnt hurry Pikevilles qb oe running backs to the tune of 60 something to 14 porus defense ive hears all year.We can beat them either way running or passing we have 5 receivers they wont be alble to cover and a running back who would be ovver a thousand plus yards if not for an ankle injury that cost him 3 or four games.I guess we will see who shows up!!!
(11-21-2022, 04:54 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: I have watched LCA play two games (Madison Central and OCath) and  I have watched Mayfield play two games (PT and Metcalfe).  Just from my observation I would say LCA is a 10 point favorite.  OCath has an outstanding defense but couldn't stop LCA in the 2nd half and LCA could only manage a TD in the first half with about a minute to go in the half.  LCA scored in the 2nd half mainly because LCA had to start throwing the ball.  I just don't think Mayfield can stop Boley and the passing game.  If Mayfield can run the ball consistently then they will be in the game.  I don't think Mayfield can throw the ball on LCA because they put so much pressure on the quarterback.  Should be a good game but I'm going with LCA 35 Mayfield 24.  Good Luck to both teams and pray they both make it through injury free.
You also predicted Metcalf county would beat mayfield,,, then there’s that,,,,
So... how healthy is LCA.... are all their guys back?
All one needs to know is, we cannot survive another game like we had Friday. We gotta refrain from stupid penalties. We have to control the line more. If we control those issues, I like our chances. If we don’t, we will start hitting the weight room on Monday.
(11-22-2022, 03:17 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: All one needs to know is, we cannot survive another game like we had Friday. We gotta refrain from stupid penalties. We have to control the line more. If we control those issues, I like our chances. If we don’t, we will start hitting the weight room on Monday.
Yes we need to play fast, clean, hard and mistake free
In the past, we've seen the high crown at War Memorial effect opposing QBs. What ratio of the LCA passing scheme goes to the sideline / out routes? Boley is being highly touted so he should have the talent to adjust, but it's something worth noting.

Mayfield players have a history of dialing up the intensity in big games. Two months of snoozer matchups could be one reason for the lack of focus from the Cardinals. Thanksgiving weekend football will bring an exciting feeling all week and I expect a different attitude coming out of the home locker room Friday night. If not, sloppy play and lack of discipline will result in a loss.

I can see this as a tossup, and I'll only be surprised if its +14 by either team. Give me Mayfield in a close game.
57 please refresh my memory! I don't think I ever predicted that Metcalfe would beat Mayfield. I commented on their schedules being similar, both weak in my opinion. I said I thought it would be closer than most think (maybe I was right and maybe I was wrong). All I heard from the Mayfield fans is that it would be a running clock. I also said good luck to both teams. And I'm not sure what "then there’s that,,,," means. Please refresh my memory!
(11-22-2022, 01:28 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: 57 please refresh my memory!  I don't think I ever predicted that Metcalfe would beat Mayfield.  I commented on their schedules being similar, both weak in my opinion.  I said I thought it would be closer than most think (maybe I was right and maybe I was wrong).  All I heard from the Mayfield fans is that it would be a running clock.  I also said good luck to both teams.  And I'm not sure what "then there’s that,,,," means.  Please refresh my memory!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but ( In the poll) I thought I saw you voted for Metcalf.

(11-22-2022, 03:04 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 01:28 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: 57 please refresh my memory!  I don't think I ever predicted that Metcalfe would beat Mayfield.  I commented on their schedules being similar, both weak in my opinion.  I said I thought it would be closer than most think (maybe I was right and maybe I was wrong).  All I heard from the Mayfield fans is that it would be a running clock.  I also said good luck to both teams.  And I'm not sure what "then there’s that,,,," means.  Please refresh my memory!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but ( In the poll) I thought I saw you voted for Metcalf.
So my point is obvious, you don’t think mayfield can stop Boley, mayfield won’t be able to throw the ball against LCA’S defense, you think LCA wins, and that fine, they may very well do so. But my ( then there’s that) refers to you also voted in the poll that Metcalf would beat mayfield. for sure mayfield will have their hands full.
I think you're right 57!! But I think there is a difference between voting and predicting. Maybe just semantics. I was just hoping Metcalfe would win and wasn't trying to be disrespectful to Mayfield. As a matter of fact, more out of respect for Mayfield. I was hoping Metcalfe would win because I thought it would be an easier game for OC if they were to beat LCA. Anyway, thanks for the refresher and good luck to both teams. I hope they both play to the best of their abilities and end the game injury free. May both teams be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace in the Hole's post:
  • rookie57
Lord I hope I didn’t pick the wrong team in pick’em.
This game could really blow out some fuses in the scoreboard. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.
Lca played a better schedule I think that will be the factor
(11-22-2022, 03:48 PM)64SUR Wrote: Lord I hope I didn’t pick the wrong team in pick’em.
Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-20-2022, 04:59 AM)ontopofthewest Wrote: I
(11-20-2022, 03:45 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 02:04 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Got to drive 5 hours, walk into the tunnel under all the years MHS has won it all, out the other side to a wild crowd, around past the tailgaters and onto a grass field. Gonna be real hard for anyone in any class. Has proven to be even harder for about the past 14 years. I like the Cards chances. Cards by 10.

I do think that Mayfield will win this one, for reasons that I stated earlier.  However, I don't think the Eagles will be intimidated by War Memorial and the Mayfield crowd.  LCA has played in may more big games the past 2 seasons than the Cardinals.  Only the freshmen on Mayfield have experienced a State Championship environment.  LCA has been their for the past two.  They've also played at: Boyle County, CAL, Lexington Catholic, Owensboro Catholic, Frederick Douglass and Pikeville over the past 2+ seasons.  They also play on grass, so I don't see why that would be a factor. But, in the end, I think the trip to Mayfield, and a porous defense will be what does them in.

I have to disagree with ya Walt.... its not the size of Mayfield's stadium.. Its not the fact that its just another big game... Its not who has played the bigger inner city schools.....  55 holds a point here....
  Playing at historic War Memorial Stadium in November an trying to come outta there victorious against the Cardinals, is something only very few have done over the past 20-25yrs... it does hold a value ...  I promis you!! ask all the players from over the years who have played there, running out that tunnle into the Friday night lights , into a electric crowd , the cow bells., the air horns, the sounds of hundreads of tailgaters lining the first 30yrds of the visitors side....  ask any player that has had to run out that visitors tunnel if playing there didnt hold a value... its just different.. when the busses pull up the first thing they see  when they look up is a 150 foot mural, painted on the back of the stadium listing all the state championships..  4th winningest highschool program in the Nation is floating around in the minds of the kids that step off the bus...  Hopefully Lca is there early enough to encounter the sirens an lights of the motorcade parade that takes place from the highschool 2miles away to the stadium... fans usually line the streets in front of the stadium with sparklers an signs cheering an screeming....  its definitely a factor...
  On another note i think u ment to say seniors instead of freshman.. And Im 100% certain , LCA 's field is turf...again that can be a factor too..  appreas to be quite a few things to figure in on this one... gonna be alittle warmer an a front that pushes through thur possibly fri with rain on top of the drive an porous defense..

You're correct on the field. I hadn't seen them okay at home this season and did not realize that they installed turf this past off-season. As for the drive, does anyone know if they are making that drive on Friday, it if they've coming over Thursday evening?  Again, I think Mayfield will win, because I think LCA's defense is suspect. But, with the schedule that they have played, I don't think anything about Mayfield is going to intimidate them.  I'm rooting for the public school in this one.  Good luck Cards.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • ontopofthewest, rookie57
Boley really impressed me, vs OC, we have not faced anything like their offense. They tend to make a mistake here and there, we could use a little of that. Their defense is not as good as their offense but its not terrible. Mayfield will need to shed the penalties, avoid turnovers to get the W. I believe the Cards can but its not going to be easy.
I’m telling ya, we gonna have to play darn near perfect football to win this game. If we play like we did against PT we will win
(11-23-2022, 05:06 PM)rookie57 Wrote: I’m telling ya, we gonna have to play darn near perfect football to win this game. If we play like we did against PT we will win

Except for kicking 3 FGs and not punching in the TDs. I can't ever remember questioning any Mayfield coaching staff but going wildcat on multiple goal line chances puzzled me.
(11-24-2022, 10:58 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 05:06 PM)rookie57 Wrote: I’m telling ya, we gonna have to play darn near perfect football to win this game. If we play like we did against PT we will win

Except for kicking 3 FGs and not punching in the TDs. I can't ever remember questioning any Mayfield coaching staff but going wildcat on multiple goal line chances puzzled me.
I agree with you on the questionable offensive calls
Game Day!
Anyone know any info on LCA's travel arrangements... ? if LCA is already here an came down on Thanksgiving or if they are making the drive on game day? Im sure they will be bringing busses of ppl like we do i was just curious how well they travel...

Being one of the premier games this weekend i figure there will be ppl coming from all over to take part in watching this one.. with that said.........
The stadium " is not " located with the highschool..
975 w lockridge street, Mayfield, ky 42066 or type in War Memorial Stadium as it will lead you there its a historical landmark.. anyone staying the night an not driving back home will probably need to seek a hotel in Paducah, Benton, Clavert city, ect on ur way back home because im pretty sure hotel rooms around here are still full of displaced families from last years devastating tornado that destroyed downtown..
Game time 7pm central time. Tailgating in the West endzone will start around 5:30 ish an all are welcome anyone should be able to find a some good food an conversation as we usally have a whole hog on the pit for this one. Just dont try to drive into the endzone an park, park outside the fence, as endzone parking is $120/yr for a pass an there is plenty of parking all the way around the stadium... Seating on the visitors side is at a minimum as there are only about 2 or 3 hundred seats or so over there.. i dont know if LCA travels like we do an brings the whole town, but if they do the far west end of the home side of the stadium is also visitors side.. might wanna get there early for a good seat..

***TICKETS ARE SOLD DOWN AT THE LOWER/WEST GATE next to school bus parking IN THE FRONT FOR CASH (i think $6 or $7 per ticket..!!! THE MAIN GATE up top of the hill ACCEPTS GOFAN ONLINE TICKETS ONLY.... ***
Safe travels to everyone headed this way an a safe travels headed back home. Watch out for the deer on wky pkwy an i-69/ i-24 they are everywhere right now..
Go Big Red..!!!
I’ve got Mayfield by 2 TD’s in this one
Pack the house west ky.....!

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes ontopofthewest's post:
  • rookie57
I still think Mayfield will find a way to win this game. But it doesn't look like the Eagles are one bit intimidated by War Memorial.