Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
68.75%
Lloyd Memorial
31.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breathitt County @ Lloyd Memorial 11/18
Breathitt County will travel to Lloyd Memorial this Friday. 

Breathitt County (9-2)
Aug 19, 22 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 0 
Aug 26, 22 Powell County away (W) 28 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Hazard home (W) 29 - 27 
Sep 9, 22 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 28 
Sep 16, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 21 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Middlesboro home (W) 20 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Morgan County away (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Leslie County away (W) 40 - 20
Oct 28, 22 Knox Central home (W) 51 - 20 
Nov 4, 22 West Carter home (W) 54 - 0 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Martin County home (W) 34 - 21 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Lloyd Memorial (9-3)
Aug 19, 22 Dixie Heights away (L) 12 - 13 
Aug 26, 22 Grant County away (W) 47 - 20 
Sep 2, 22 Providence (Clarksville), IN away (L) 21 - 22 
Sep 9, 22 Boone County home (W) 36 - 15 
Sep 16, 22 Bishop Brossart home (W) 40 - 3 
Sep 30, 22 Montgomery County home (W) 39 - 12 
Oct 7, 22 Newport home (W) 44 - 22 
Oct 14, 22 Beechwood away (L) 7 - 34 
Oct 21, 22 Holy Cross (Covington) away (W) 47 - 13 
Oct 27, 22 Holmes home (W) 24 - 20 
Nov 4, 22 Owen County home (W) 42 - 7  Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Walton-Verona away (W) 41 - 0 Class 2A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Thoughts?
This game has old school feel about it. Didn’t Breathitt beat Lloyd out of the playoffs a time or two before the championship games in 95 and 96?
Hmmm!!
(11-12-2022, 05:02 PM)ROTC Wrote: This game has old school feel about it.  Didn’t Breathitt beat Lloyd out of the playoffs a time or two before the championship games in 95 and 96?
Breathitt beat Lloyd in Regional championship in 1995 en route to 1st state title. It wasn't that close something like 33-13.
Seems like we played Lloyd I believe in 1st Rd in 1997. They were supposed to be a 1 or 2 seed but had to forfeit some games due to an ineligible player so they ended up 4 seed. 
Don't remember score but Breathitt won.
Game was at Breathitt.
They used to go by Erlanger Lloyd?
I think Breathitt should be able to play with them. Watched their game with Holmes. Primarily a run offense which Breathitt has defended fairly well lately.
Grass field so hopefully dry weather.
If Breathitt can pound the ball, chew some clock and hit a couple of big plays I like their chances.
Breathitt 28
Lloyd 17
(11-12-2022, 06:19 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:02 PM)ROTC Wrote: This game has old school feel about it.  Didn’t Breathitt beat Lloyd out of the playoffs a time or two before the championship games in 95 and 96?
Breathitt beat Lloyd in Regional championship in 1995 en route to 1st state title. It wasn't that close something like 33-13.
Seems like we played Lloyd I believe in 1st Rd in 1997. They were supposed to be a 1 or 2 seed but had to forfeit some games due to an ineligible player so they ended up 4 seed. 
Game was at Breathitt.
 I think both of those teams were undefeated. I remember going to that game and it poured the rain seems like and they had kid that was killing us on kickoffs running the ball back. I think you are pretty close on the score though 33-13 sounds about right. Those 95-96 teams were really good and they had to get past some really good teams to win those championships.
(11-13-2022, 01:33 PM)KySportsfan74 Wrote:
Game was at Breathitt.
 I think both of those teams were undefeated. I remember going to that game and it poured the rain seems like and they had kid that was killing us on kickoffs running the ball back. I think you are pretty close on the score though 33-13 sounds about right. Those 95-96 teams were really good and they had to get past some really good teams to win those championships.
That was Jonathan Chapman who was just a freshman in 95. He's still the best I ever saw in a Breathitt uniform. He transferred to Pikeville for his senior year when his dad was given head coach job there. This probably cost Breathitt another state title in 98.
(11-13-2022, 05:02 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:33 PM)KySportsfan74 Wrote:
Game was at Breathitt.
That was Jonathan Chapman who was just a freshman in 95. He's still the best I ever saw in a Breathitt uniform. He transferred to Pikeville for his senior year when his dad was given head coach job there. This probably cost Breathitt another state title in 98.
Yeah I am from Breathitt myself. I was actually talking about Lloyd had a kid on kickoffs that was tearing off huge runs if I remember correctly. Yes I agree that kid was unreal, I can remember him just blazing speed and running people over even as a freshman.
Lloyd Memorial has really good looking back that hard to tackle I think last name Zulager . Rush for over 1200 yards. But that being said he will more likely get hit harder than he has all year by Breathitt Defense. If Breathitt QB Bryant can repeat his second half performance the Bobcats can win this game but won’t be easy.

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

You have a great memory. Breathitt was Class AA state champions and were an undefeated 15-0 in both 1995 and 1996. In 1995, they beat a 12-0 Lloyd 33-13 at Lloyd in the 3rd round. In 1996, Breathitt beat a 5-5 Lloyd at home in the first round 34-19. Below are links to the playoff bracket/results for those two years.

https://khsaa.org/football/1995/fb2a1995.htm

https://khsaa.org/football/1996/fb2a1996.htm
(11-13-2022, 10:41 PM)kybred Wrote:

You have a great memory. Breathitt was Class AA state champions and were an undefeated 15-0 in both 1995 and 1996. In 1995, they beat a 12-0 Lloyd 33-13 at Lloyd in the 3rd round. In 1996, Breathitt beat a 5-5 Lloyd at home in the first round 34-19. Below are links to the playoff bracket/results for those two years.

https://khsaa.org/football/1995/fb2a1995.htm

https://khsaa.org/football/1996/fb2a1996.htm

That brings back some memories. Feels like yesterday. Thanks for sharing
Should be a great game. Pulling for the Bobcats!

May come down to whoever has the ball last.
This has the potential to be a really good game. Breathitt is playing its best right now. The defense continues to improve each week and the offense has become very balanced.
From what I have saw from Lloyd, Breathitt has to contain #25 and #7. #7 is a better runner than passer. #7 is also a stud at corner. I look for them to out him on Sperry which should be a great matchup. This will probably be the best secondary Breathitt has faced. This means Breathitt will have to get the running game going to be successful.
What scares me most is this game being at Lloyd. Breathitt has played 2 decent teams on the road and lost both. In both games the Bobcats looked flustered at times. Breathitt is very young relying heavily on freshmen and sophomores. Breathitt must avoid the sluggish start from last week. If they can do that
I see it being a tight game but I will go with my Bobcats in a close one.

33-28 Breathitt.
28-27.Could go either way.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(11-13-2022, 09:20 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Lloyd Memorial has really good looking back that hard to tackle I think last name Zulager . Rush for over 1200 yards. But that being said he will more likely get hit harder than he has all year by Breathitt Defense. If Breathitt QB Bryant can repeat his second half performance the Bobcats can win this game but won’t be easy.

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

You think Breathitt County has a more physical defense than the one he faced against Beechwood? Interesting.
No offense to anyone on Breathitt's schedule but Lloyd will be the best team that BC has played all season, maybe with the exception of Letcher Central. 

This will definitely be the best defense that the BC offense has faced thus far. 

Big test for the bobcats and I do not think they are ready for it.... but I hope I am wrong. 

Lloyd- 35
BC- 21
I think the Bobcats are ready for it, don’t get me wrong hazard and letcher ain’t any where near playing beechwood but they are solid teams, letcher more so than hazard. Will definitely be a tough game but the bobcats are explosive and sound enough on defense to pull out the win. Love seeing the breathitt qb perform the way he has when some thought we should try and bring someone else in before giving him a chance. I’m taking my bobcats in a classic 21-20
(11-14-2022, 09:46 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:20 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Lloyd Memorial has really good looking back that hard to tackle I think last name Zulager . Rush for over 1200 yards. But that being said he will more likely get hit harder than he has all year by Breathitt Defense. If Breathitt QB Bryant can repeat his second half performance the Bobcats can win this game but won’t be easy.

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

You think Breathitt County has a more physical defense than the one he faced against Beechwood? Interesting.
More physical? Yes!!! Not better defense but more physical from what I watched. Beechwood has some studs on defense!! Mountain Football takes a lot pride been physical . You noticed I didn’t say Breathitt had better defense than Beechwood because they don’t.I said this be most physical defense that Juggernauts have seen.
my strong dislike for NKY schools alone makes this a choice I am comfortable with. I say Bobcats
I have no idea what to expect in this game, due to not being familiar with Lloyd Memorial. Breathitt's defense is getting better with each passing week, and they seem to play better against teams who are a traditional running teams. They tend to struggle with teams who spread you out, and run a"RPO" type of offense, with a QB who is athletic. What type of offense does Lloyd Memorial run? Offensively, Bryant is looking more poised, and he seems comfortable in the pocket. He is starting to spread the ball around, and our running game is keeping defenses honest. I would like to see Hoskins get more involved in the passing game. I feel like there are times when a seam route would work well, due to the play action, but overall Coach Moore called a very good game in the second half against Martin County. This will be a big step up in competition and the Bobcats haven't played their best football away from the Riverbank this season. This team is young, and it will be interesting to see they respond to being on the road in a big game type of environment. I like this team, and I feel they will be up for the challenge and hopefully the Bobcats will bring a regional championship back home to Jackson!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • wolfcat
I think Breathitt gets the win. I look for Coach Moore to try to control the time of possession and look to wear down Lloyd’s defense.
(11-14-2022, 01:18 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

More physical? Yes!!! Not better defense but more physical from what I watched. Beechwood has some studs on defense!! Mountain Football takes a lot pride been physical . You noticed I didn’t say Breathitt had better defense than Beechwood because they don’t.I said this be most physical defense that Juggernauts have seen.

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

You must not have seen Beechwood play all season or the past few seasons. Beechwood is known to be very physical! Beechwood has the best defense in 2a and one of the best in the state! For you to say that the Bobcats is the most physical team the Juggs have played all season is laughable to me! 

(11-15-2022, 11:50 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

Breathitt Co- 34

Lloyd Memorial-21

You must not have seen Beechwood play all season or the past few seasons. Beechwood is known to be very physical! Beechwood has the best defense in 2a and one of the best in the state! For you to say that the Bobcats is the most physical team the Juggs have played all season is laughable to me! 

But Nky football doesn’t take pride in being physical? 

(11-15-2022, 10:47 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: I think Breathitt gets the win. I look for Coach Moore to try to control the time of possession and look to wear down Lloyd’s defense.

You better get up on the Juggs because if not their offense will wear you down!

(11-14-2022, 05:26 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: my strong dislike for NKY schools alone makes this a choice I am comfortable with.  I say Bobcats

Haha why do you hate Nky schools?
I guess it goes back to my time in the 10th. We had Lewis, Tollesboro, Fleming, and Bath at that time. I can't stand that you have NKY schools in the 10th. I am a traditionalist at heart, and that is why I can't stand them.
(11-16-2022, 06:01 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: I guess it goes back to my time in the 10th.  We had Lewis, Tollesboro, Fleming, and Bath at that time.  I can't stand that you have NKY schools in the 10th.  I am a traditionalist at heart, and that is why I can't stand them.

Who were the teams from Nky teams in the 10th? By the way I’m a Vols fan myself.
Ole Smokey loves all us Vols fans

back then I played at MMI

we had MMI, Paris, Harrison, Bourbon, Nicholas, Deming, Bracken, Maysville, Mason, Augusta, Fleming, Lewis, Tollesboro, Bath, Montgomery, Clark. That was the 10th Region when I played
(11-16-2022, 07:29 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: Ole Smokey loves all us Vols fans

we had MMI, Paris, Harrison, Bourbon, Nicholas, Deming, Bracken, Maysville, Mason, Augusta, Fleming, Lewis, Tollesboro, Bath, Montgomery, Clark.  That was the 10th Region when I played

what school is MMI?
(11-17-2022, 01:16 AM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:

we had MMI, Paris, Harrison, Bourbon, Nicholas, Deming, Bracken, Maysville, Mason, Augusta, Fleming, Lewis, Tollesboro, Bath, Montgomery, Clark.  That was the 10th Region when I played

what school is MMI?
Montgomery Mental Institution...  Smile     

Now that's just a guess   Big Grin

(11-17-2022, 07:54 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 01:16 AM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:

what school is MMI?
Montgomery Mental Institution...  Smile     

Now that's just a guess   Big Grin
Scratch Montgomery.... Its Maysville Mental Institution Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Glory_Days
Pulling for Breathitt County. They have had a great season and winning only makes it that much sweeter!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • wolfcat
Having seen Lloyd play multiple times this year, it’ll be tough sledding for Breathitt to come north and win. Lloyd is big and physical and will slow down the game a lot. Unless Lloyd puts the ball on the ground a couple times, I see them winning comfortably.
Lloyd 44
Breathitt -27

Basketball time in Jtown

Good run Bobcats