• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
(11-09-2022, 11:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:30 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I wonder if a Redhound will buy me a steak dinner in Lexington before Corbin plays for and wins the state championship?

I will if you’ll wear all those clothes I bought you when I thought you where gonna be our new recruiting coordinator…

No deal.

Big Grin  What about just the Cowboy hat then?
I don't like cowboys or hats. lol

Big Grin What about red chaps and sunglasses…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
I'm hearing Rain is happening Friday...so I need to make a new score prediction...... Smile

Corbin 42
Letcher County 07 in Varisity Play

I think the rain hurts Letcher on the grass more than it does the Hounds.......
I hope it pours the rain the whole night with a swirling 30mph wind. Terrible weather would definitely benefit Letcher more but you never know about fumbles in games like that m.
(11-09-2022, 06:05 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: I hope it pours the rain the whole night with a swirling 30mph wind. Terrible weather would definitely benefit Letcher more but you never know about fumbles in games like that m.
Smile
I'll bet never in its "storied" history has Letcher had more conversation made about one of its upcoming games. That's what happens ,Letcher, when you play Corbin. Good luck Friday. You're gonna need it.
(11-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll bet never in its "storied" history has Letcher had more conversation made about one of its upcoming games. That's what happens ,Letcher, when you play Corbin.  Good luck Friday. You're gonna need it.
I think Corbin is going to win this game pretty comfortably but there sure is a lot of over confidence for a Corbin team that has flamed out the last 2 seasons in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-09-2022, 06:39 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll bet never in its "storied" history has Letcher had more conversation made about one of its upcoming games. That's what happens ,Letcher, when you play Corbin.  Good luck Friday. You're gonna need it.
I think Corbin is going to win this game pretty comfortably but there sure is a lot of over confidence for a Corbin team that has flamed out the last 2 seasons in the playoffs.

I just looked on CalPreps and projected every possible matchup for kicks and giggles sake and Corbin beats Letcher, JC, Boyle and even Pikeville… 8 point favorite over Boyle, 7 point favorite over JC, 6 point favorite over Pikeville. The Letcher game on a neutral field is 38-19 Corbin. So if 85% of the games is picked correctly and Jett Pilot says ge trust a computer better than humans, Corbin is sitting in a good spot right now. Today anyways.  Smile
(11-09-2022, 07:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I just looked on CalPreps and projected every possible matchup for kicks and giggles sake and Corbin beats Letcher, JC, Boyle and even Pikeville… 8 point favorite over Boyle, 7 point favorite over JC, 6 point favorite over Pikeville. The Letcher game on a neutral field is 38-19 Corbin. So if 85% of the games is picked correctly and Jett Pilot says ge trust a computer better than humans, Corbin is sitting in a good spot right now. Today anyways.  Smile
How big of a favorite was Corbin over Johnson Central last season? I see that Trinity is only a 2 point favorite over Corbin on a neutral field.  Big Grin

I think that CalPreps provides a great tool to compare strength of schedules. It also does a fair job of predicting outcomes between teams that have played comparable schedules. But the algorithm does not account for important factors like injuries, different improvement rates because of coaching quality and inexperience, and momentum. Belfry is a perfect example of a well coached team that peaks during the playoffs every season. Teams that think that they have "won" scrimmages and beaten Belfry very early in the season usually find themselves watching Belfry in the playoffs after their seasons end early. CalPreps consistently underrates Belfry at this time of year. CalPreps also places too much emphasis on close wins vs. close losses.

Regardless of how the LCC game against Corbin ends, LCC is a vastly better team than they were when they lost two games earlier in the season. Jonah Little is a senior, but he is a senior who is a first year starter at quarterback. LCC may have been competitive with Johnson Central and Corbin sooner if they had found a way to putt the ball in Little's hands more before the current season.

I am not sure how a muddy field and rain will affect LCC. They have a very good line and they run the football very well, but they also use their passing game to create space for Little.
I know what happens last year as good as anyone, I’ll not go back to that till after season is over. 2022 Corbin players are in there on dance. 2022 Letcher is at the same party…. Only 1 moves on. Both teams will no doubt settle it on the field. Should be a fun slip n slide party..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
I have never seen mud on Campbell Field since my boy played there in any rainy game. Field is always in great shape.
Most over here in Letcher county doesn’t expect a win but the kids sure think they can and that’s all that matters. I went by LCC field Saturday morning and the kids was already practicing. That kinda work ethic is great no matter what the outcome is Friday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Running wild 14's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-09-2022, 09:22 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Most over here in Letcher county doesn’t expect a win but the kids sure think they can and that’s all that matters. I went by LCC field Saturday morning and the kids was already practicing. That kinda work ethic is great no matter what the outcome is Friday.
Letcher win or lose has had a great season. The coaching staff the last few years has got them pointed in the right direction. I’m watching there games right now and a good looking team.
Poor preparation by coaches and internal strife exascerbated a premature ejection from the playoffs last year for the Hounds. It's payback time this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
(11-09-2022, 06:05 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: I hope it pours the rain the whole night with a swirling 30mph wind. Terrible weather would definitely benefit Letcher more but you never know about fumbles in games like that m.
I honestly thought we could be friends!! This dawg don’t do well wet!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Running wild 14
I hope its done raining by game time, I don't want to sit in the rain..Been there done that and not a fan of a wet fest.....
Mostly just screwing around because some other teams just can’t handle it haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(11-09-2022, 08:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

How big of a favorite was Corbin over Johnson Central last season? I see that Trinity is only a 2 point favorite over Corbin on a neutral field.  Big Grin

I think that CalPreps provides a great tool to compare strength of schedules. It also does a fair job of predicting outcomes between teams that have played comparable schedules. But the algorithm does not account for important factors like injuries, different improvement rates because of coaching quality and inexperience, and momentum. Belfry is a perfect example of a well coached team that peaks during the playoffs every season. Teams that think that they have "won" scrimmages and beaten Belfry very early in the season usually find themselves watching Belfry in the playoffs after their seasons end early. CalPreps consistently underrates Belfry at this time of year. CalPreps also places too much emphasis on close wins vs. close losses.

Regardless of how the LCC game against Corbin ends, LCC is a vastly better team than they were when they lost two games earlier in the season. Jonah Little is a senior, but he is a senior who is a first year starter at quarterback. LCC may have been competitive with Johnson Central and Corbin sooner if they had found a way to putt the ball in Little's hands more before the current season.

I am not sure how a muddy field and rain will affect LCC. They have a very good line and they run the football very well, but they also use their passing game to create space for Little.
Funny. Of course they are better than their two losses because it makes you all look better after playing a weak schedule and losing to a horrible north squad. But yet you constantly talk about Corbin and SK like we haven’t got better since then. Or argue with Jet about pikeville improving, but you just literally said teams improve at different rates. You talk about Corbin having a weak schedule, but you just said CalPreps does a good job at SoS and they haves ours at pretty dang strong. You say RPI favors weak schedules but you wanna use stats vs weak teams to further an invalid argument after saying CalPreps don’t do good job of weighing things. I mean let’s just call it like it is. It’s like flavor of hour. And how do you know CalPreps puts to much emphasis on close games? But for everyone’s information, cal preps weighs recent results more heavily than what they call “politically correct” weights of a season long campaign. So if what you are saying about their early and mid season losses is even close to right, it don’t matter in their projections. You keep trying to bring JC into this conversation when no one really cares about Johnson central this week and then act like it’s us doing it. It’s like a presidential debate in here. But everyone is free to do what they like I guess as long as it’s within the rules. But it’s almost ridiculous the amount of hypocrisy that’s been stated on here, so I’m gonna start calling people on it. 

#RentFree
(11-09-2022, 08:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I know what happens last year as good as anyone, I’ll not go back to that till after season is over. 2022 Corbin players are in there on dance. 2022 Letcher is at the same party…. Only 1 moves on. Both teams will no doubt settle it on the field. Should be a fun slip n slide party..
We’ll I said it two years ago when I knew Corbin would try to run a spread one game after they ran the ball all year, “You gotta dance with the girl you brought!”

Well this year. I’d be more than happy to dance with then girl we brought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-09-2022, 10:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Funny. Of course they are better than their two losses because it makes you all look better after playing a weak schedule and losing to a horrible north squad. But yet you constantly talk about Corbin and SK like we haven’t got better since then. Or argue with Jet about pikeville improving, but you just literally said teams improve at different rates. You talk about Corbin having a weak schedule, but you just said CalPreps does a good job at SoS and they haves ours at pretty dang strong. You say RPI favors weak schedules but you wanna use stats vs weak teams to further an invalid argument after saying CalPreps don’t do good job of weighing things. I mean let’s just call it like it is. It’s like flavor of hour. And how do you know CalPreps puts to much emphasis on close games? But for everyone’s information, cal preps weighs recent results more heavily than what they call “politically correct” weights of a season long campaign. So if what you are saying about their early and mid season losses is even close to right, it don’t matter in their projections. You keep trying to bring JC into this conversation when no one really cares about Johnson central this week and then act like it’s us doing it. It’s like a presidential debate in here. But everyone is free to do what they like I guess as long as it’s within the rules. But it’s almost ridiculous the amount of hypocrisy that’s been stated on here, so I’m gonna start calling people on it. 

#RentFree
Cool Huh Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Hound05
This game can go either way close or Corbin wins big. If Letcher Central comes out slow in first quarter this could be Corbin winning by 4-5 tds. But if Letcher Central plays there A game this could be interesting game. Letcher Central is physical up front and that QB is a deadly weapon. But Corbin has so many weapons be hard see Cougars win this one but who knows in playoffs. Seen crazy things happen. I got feeling this will be close game .

Corbin-35
LCC- 33
(11-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll bet never in its "storied" history has Letcher had more conversation made about one of its upcoming games. That's what happens ,Letcher, when you play Corbin. Good luck Friday. You're gonna need it.

Letcher played in the regional finals three straight years - 2007 to 2009. Not a bad start for any football program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-09-2022, 10:46 PM)HCS Wrote:

Letcher played in the regional finals three straight years - 2007 to 2009. Not a bad start for any football program.
Man didn’t know that. But you’re right. Not bad at all!!
(11-09-2022, 10:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

#RentFree
What a rant. No, CalPreps does not show that Corbin has played a strong schedule. Yes, they have played a stronger schedule than Johnson Central, as I have said repeatedly in this forum. So what? Johnson Central played a fairly weak schedule in 2021 and 2020 too because of our weak district. LCC was much better this season, so the district schedule was a little stronger than it had been in recent years. I hope that LCC pulls an upset Friday night, but I don't know if I could take all of the whining that would result.

Anybody with a basic math education should be able to look at the CalPrep trend screen and figure out how much emphasis that they put on wins, regardless of margins. If you read the notes that are posted on the CalPreps website, they explain why they give far more weight to close wins than to close losses.

I know that you enjoy repeatedly explaining how bad North Laurel is and how bad it was for Johnson Central to lose to them. But be honest, and tell me how Corbin would have done against Pikeville if Cameron Combs had broken his leg on his first carry of the game? Might it have made any difference in the outcome of the game? Combs is not a Mr. Football candidate but he is a very talented running back. Combs is averaging just a little over half of the rushing yardage that Carter Conley was averaging after his first two games.

Many, but not all Corbin fans are doing exactly what they did last year. You are throwing shade on Johnson Central's season and doing your best to convince yourselves that Corbin will be a huge favorite if they play Johnson Central again this season, not to mention making Corbin out to be a huge favorite against Letcher County Central.

None of your ranting and raving is going to have any bearing on any football game that Corbin plays. It's best to give opponents credit when you lose a game and show a little humility before the game, because it saves you from looking like a fool if you team doesn't win. North Laurel played well against Johnson Central and made a couple more big plays than Johnson Central did. Johnson Central played well against Ironton but Ironton was the better team that night. And Letcher County Central deserves all of the credit for almost beating Johnson Central. They had a great game plan and executed it almost perfectly but Johnson Central executed a perfectly timed winning drive against them. See how easy it is to respect your opponents?
whining
[ˈ(h)wīniNG]
NOUN
the making of a long, high-pitched cry or sound:
"dogs may exhibit signs of anxiety, such as whining, chewing, and excessive barking"
ADJECTIVE
making or characterized by a long, high-pitched cry or sound: Smile
(11-09-2022, 11:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: whining
[ˈ(h)wīniNG]
NOUN
the making of a long, high-pitched cry or sound:
"dogs may exhibit signs of anxiety, such as whining, chewing, and excessive barking"
ADJECTIVE
making or characterized by a long, high-pitched cry or sound: Smile
I was using the word as a metaphor.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
I sure hope the ego of the Corbin players isn't as big as their fans . If it is they will be in for a big heart break again this year. Then it will be the coaches fault again instead of getting beat by a better team. I admit that Corbin deserves the #1 seed, but respect your opponents and stop acting like Corbin is invincible. Any team on any giving night can get beat. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Waitaminute
(11-09-2022, 05:13 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:30 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I will if you’ll wear all those clothes I bought you when I thought you where gonna be our new recruiting coordinator…

No deal.

Big Grin  What about just the Cowboy hat then?
I don't like cowboys or hats. lol

Big Grin What about red chaps and sunglasses…
Go Colonels!
(11-09-2022, 11:32 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I sure hope the ego of the Corbin players isn't as big as their fans . If it is they will be in for a big heart break again this year. Then it will be the coaches fault again instead of getting beat by a better team. I admit that Corbin deserves the #1 seed, but respect your opponents and stop acting like Corbin is invincible.  Any team on any giving night can get beat. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

RE: Allen County-Scottsville @ Franklin County 11/...

Moorman score at will in this one. Franklin wins 35-7

RE: Corbin.... Why?

This falls on the coaches from a weak schedule not preparing the young men for games like this . I'm a outsider looking in. The preparation for this game was pitiful I feel sorry for these young men f...

You just made a big post about what Corbin fans are supposedly doing... These are your quotes when you said them and you now say don't blame it on the Corbin coaches when you did the same thing? Then whats the difference in making a prediction that you believe is a fair prediction? No different in the one you made when Franklin vs Allen County Scottsville last year? I'm confused, you can make a prediction and say stuff but if a Corbin fan makes a prediction they have a ego? Your words not mine.
(11-10-2022, 12:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:32 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I sure hope the ego of the Corbin players isn't as big as their fans . If it is they will be in for a big heart break again this year. Then it will be the coaches fault again instead of getting beat by a better team. I admit that Corbin deserves the #1 seed, but respect your opponents and stop acting like Corbin is invincible.  Any team on any giving night can get beat. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

RE: Allen County-Scottsville @ Franklin County 11/...

Moorman score at will in this one. Franklin wins 35-7

RE: Corbin.... Why?

This falls on the coaches from a weak schedule not preparing the young men for games like this . I'm a outsider looking in. The preparation for this game was pitiful I feel sorry for these young men f...

You just made a big post about what Corbin fans are supposedly doing... These are your quotes when you said them and you now say don't blame it on the Corbin coaches when you did the same thing? Then whats the difference in making a prediction that you believe is a fair prediction? No different in the one you made when Franklin vs Allen County Scottsville last year? I'm confused, you can make a prediction and say stuff but if a Corbin fan makes a prediction they have a ego? Your words not mine.
I sit and laugh at the A$$ talkers. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next