•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
Actually, Corbin is 8th in 4A rushing defense. Johnson Central is 2nd.
(11-09-2022, 02:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Actually, Corbin is 8th in 4A rushing defense. Johnson Central is 2nd.

Where do they rank in pass defense?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-09-2022, 07:35 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 02:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Actually, Corbin is 8th in 4A rushing defense. Johnson Central is 2nd.

Corbin is your adopted team. Where do they rank in pass defense? If they don't stop LCC's running game, then a great passing defense during a downpour is not going to be of much use.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • SlantZ, Waitaminute
Cool. But no one said anything about Corbin’s rushing defense. Corbin is #1 in TEAM defense, and that’s where it counts. Yardage don’t win ball games but points do. Honestly i don’t care if we give up 400 yards of each every game. As long at that score board has us ahead by one, I think nearly all of us would be good. But Wayne passes a lot too. Funny you didn’t mention those stats. But hopefully we can talk a lot about that next week

Barely in the top 20
But again, overall stats aren’t really worth the paper tbey are printed on. Weak scheduling rewards teams with higher stats and punished teams for strong schedules. Corbin could be better 59th as Far as I’m concerned
Letcher County Central to me has played Johnson Central better in each game than expected, especially this year. That is a rival game and those games are more emphasized and can be closer scores than normal as well. So watching the game, I thought it seemed like either defense couldn't stop the other defense once the offenses got going and if I remember correctly, Letcher came from behind to take the lead. so it was a good ballgame for both teams in lots of ways, mentally, and physically and good to work on what they see from the film..

What I saw was mainly a QB running out of the pocket and just getting his yardage for Letcher Central and some passes down the field that was almost perfect timing..But give credit to that offensive line that opened up the lanes for Letcher.

Johnson Central seemed to really have the advantage on the edges running the ball. Once they found the weakness, they kept going to it. Really Letcher just wasn't able to stop it.

I don't think this score between Corbin and Letcher matters because Johnson Central plays a totally different type of offense than what Corbin sees throughout the year. For me, I have to see the type of defense that will be used against Johnson Central if we advance. Corbin has not cracked that code because of the type of defense in previous years that was used. Zone will not work. 5 man front will not work. I give credit to the Letcher coaching staff for making the proper adjustments on defense to try to stop the run and not set back and play a zone coverage. Really, its about funny to me that most games I watch when its JC usually they do the same thing and wonders why they can't stop the run....

Now running a defense per say like Letcher did doesn't mean you will stop the run either. Letcher didn't stop the run but they definately put themselves in a postition to win the game. Thats what matters at the end of the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • SlantZ
(11-09-2022, 09:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Cool. But no one said anything about Corbin’s rushing defense. Corbin is #1 in TEAM defense, and that’s where it counts. Yardage don’t win ball games but points do. Honestly i don’t care if we give up 400 yards of each every game. As long at that score board has us ahead by one, I think nearly all of us would be good. But Wayne passes a lot too. Funny you didn’t mention those stats. But hopefully we can talk a lot about that next week
Corbin's passing defense probably won't matter much in the rain against LCC and it won't matter at all if they play Johnson Central - if they are unable to stop the run. With all the finger pointing about Corin's personnel decisions on offense against Johnson Central, the truth is Johnson Central is going to win any game in which they rush for 454 yards. Bad rushing defense ended Corbin's season in both 2020 and 2021. If Johnson Central is forced to pass much against Corbin, then it will mean Corbin has managed to contain JC's running game.
(11-09-2022, 09:52 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Corbin is your adopted team. Where do they rank in pass defense? If they don't stop LCC's running game, then a great passing defense during a downpour is not going to be of much use.

Corbin is not my team at all. Where do they rank in total defense? IF a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump it's hind end.
(11-09-2022, 10:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Corbin is not my team at all. Where do they rank in total defense? IF a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump it's hind end.
Already distancing yourself from your adopted team? That's a bad sign for Corbin. Who are you going to jinx adopt as your favorite team next?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Waitaminute
(11-09-2022, 10:22 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Corbin's passing defense probably won't matter much in the rain against LCC and it won't matter at all if they play Johnson Central - if they are unable to stop the run. With all the finger pointing about Corin's personnel decisions on offense against Johnson Central, the truth is Johnson Central is going to win any game in which they rush for 454 yards. Bad rushing defense ended Corbin's season in both 2020 and 2021. If Johnson Central is forced to pass much against Corbin, then it will mean Corbin has managed to contain JC's running game.

if if if and living in the past ain't gonna get you far. A good coach will make adjustments to slow a one dimensional team down to a crawl no matter how many wrestlers you have, as you've witnessed a few times. IF they never do that it's time to get one that will. IF your team can't slow Corbin's passing game down this year, your team will get their hind end smoked, or maybe you will pray for rain to stop it. lol
  • Old School Hound
(11-09-2022, 10:29 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Already distancing yourself from your adopted team? That's a bad sign for Corbin. Who are you going to jinx adopt as your favorite team next?  Big Grin

Corbin is not my team at all. Pay attention.
(11-09-2022, 10:44 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

if if if and living in the past ain't gonna get you far. A good coach will make adjustments to slow a one dimensional team down to a crawl no matter how many wrestlers you have, as you've witnessed a few times. IF they never do that it's time to get one that will. IF your team can't slow Corbin's passing game down this year, your team will get their hind end smoked, or maybe you will pray for rain to stop it. lol
Corbin gave up 384 yards rushing against Johnson Central in 2020. They made some adjustments and gave up 454 yards against JC in 2021. In the two games against Corbin, Johnson Central passed the ball twice for 11 yards. Between you and me , Johnson Central does not plan on passing much against Corbin this season. Please don't tell Corbin's coaching staff.
(11-08-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:30 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 06:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:19 PM)papabear02 Wrote: I like the cougars in this one. 

LLCHS 18
CHS - 16

If Letcher holds Corbin to 16 points or less  , I will be waiting outside the gate (on the visitors side) and will hand the first Letcher fan who asks for it  a nice crisp $100 bill.  On my word as a gentleman( as Gentleman Dan Caldwell on the Andy Griffith Show said).

I wonder if a Redhound will buy me a steak dinner in Lexington before Corbin plays for and wins the state championship?

I will if you’ll wear all those clothes I bought you when I thought you where gonna be our new recruiting coordinator…

No deal.

Big Grin  What about just the Cowboy hat then?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-09-2022, 11:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:30 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 06:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Letcher holds Corbin to 16 points or less  , I will be waiting outside the gate (on the visitors side) and will hand the first Letcher fan who asks for it  a nice crisp $100 bill.  On my word as a gentleman( as Gentleman Dan Caldwell on the Andy Griffith Show said).

I wonder if a Redhound will buy me a steak dinner in Lexington before Corbin plays for and wins the state championship?

I will if you’ll wear all those clothes I bought you when I thought you where gonna be our new recruiting coordinator…

No deal.

Big Grin  What about just the Cowboy hat then?
I don't like cowboys or hats. lol
  • TD Hounds
(11-09-2022, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Corbin gave up 384 yards rushing against Johnson Central in 2020. They made some adjustments and gave up 454 yards against JC in 2021. In the two games against Corbin, Johnson Central passed the ball twice for 11 yards. Between you and me , Johnson Central does not plan on passing much against Corbin this season. Please don't tell Corbin's coaching staff.

In 2020 Corbin didn't make adjustments to slow the Johnson Central running game down. Then the following week Franklin County made the adjustments to end Johnson Central's season. In 2021 Boyle County made adjustments to hold your team to 13 points and end their season again, so your team hasn't won anything in a while either so come back down to earth. Corbin has a completely different team this year, and if they can't slow your one dimensional team down then they need to clean house and start over.
I'll liven this place up between now and next Friday Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
(11-09-2022, 11:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Cool. But no one said anything about Corbin’s rushing defense. Corbin is #1 in TEAM defense, and that’s where it counts. Yardage don’t win ball games but points do. Honestly i don’t care if we give up 400 yards of each every game. As long at that score board has us ahead by one, I think nearly all of us would be good. But Wayne passes a lot too. Funny you didn’t mention those stats. But hopefully we can talk a lot about that next week

In 2020 Corbin didn't make adjustments to slow the Johnson Central running game down. Then the following week Franklin County made the adjustments to end Johnson Central's season. In 2021 Boyle County made adjustments to hold your team to 13 points and end their season again, so your team hasn't won anything in a while either so come back down to earth. Corbin has a completely different team this year, and if they can't slow your one dimensional team down then they need to clean house and start over.
Every team is different this season. This Johnson Central has a deeper, faster stable of running backs than last season. Johnson Central has a new OL, a new quarterback, and a new head coach, but they are leading the state in rushing yardage. Corbin does have an edge in head coaching experience.
(11-09-2022, 11:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I'll liven this place up between now and next Friday Smile
Rent free too!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • pjdoug
We spend a lot of time talking about Johnson Central in threads that do not pertain to them....  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Hound05, Nygfan106wins
(11-09-2022, 12:01 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: We spend a lot of time talking about Johnson Central in threads that do not pertain to them....  Smile
That's because some Corbin fans spend a lot of time talking about smoking the hind ends of future opponents. They do not respect the next team on their schedule. Letcher County Central is a team on the rise and should be the Redhounds'  only focus this week. Instead, they are debating how a big win over LCC will somehow clinch the game against Johnson Central.
(11-09-2022, 12:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 12:01 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: We spend a lot of time talking about Johnson Central in threads that do not pertain to them....  Smile
That's because some Corbin fans spend a lot of time talking about smoking the hind ends of future opponents. They do not respect the next team on their schedule. Letcher County Central is a team on the rise and should be the Redhounds'  only focus this week. Instead, they are debating how a big win over LCC will somehow clinch the game against Johnson Central.
Smile I’m glad you ain’t one of those doing looking ahead….
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound, pjdoug
(11-09-2022, 09:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Cool. But no one said anything about Corbin’s rushing defense. Corbin is #1 in TEAM defense, and that’s where it counts. Yardage don’t win ball games but points do. Honestly i don’t care if we give up 400 yards of each every game. As long at that score board has us ahead by one, I think nearly all of us would be good. But Wayne passes a lot too. Funny you didn’t mention those stats. But hopefully we can talk a lot about that next week

All very true. Good post.
(11-09-2022, 11:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:22 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Corbin's passing defense probably won't matter much in the rain against LCC and it won't matter at all if they play Johnson Central - if they are unable to stop the run. With all the finger pointing about Corin's personnel decisions on offense against Johnson Central, the truth is Johnson Central is going to win any game in which they rush for 454 yards. Bad rushing defense ended Corbin's season in both 2020 and 2021. If Johnson Central is forced to pass much against Corbin, then it will mean Corbin has managed to contain JC's running game.

Every team is different this season. This Johnson Central has a deeper, faster stable of running backs than last season. Johnson Central has a new OL, a new quarterback, and a new head coach, but they are leading the state in rushing yardage. Corbin does have an edge in head coaching experience.

Corbin has an edge everywhere besides the head coach. The kicker is the main player you need to worry about.

I don't respect any of your teams. Corbin is gonna smoke your hind end. remember I told you so Smile
(11-09-2022, 12:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:44 AM)pjdoug Wrote: if if if and living in the past ain't gonna get you far. A good coach will make adjustments to slow a one dimensional team down to a crawl no matter how many wrestlers you have, as you've witnessed a few times. IF they never do that it's time to get one that will. IF your team can't slow Corbin's passing game down this year, your team will get their hind end smoked, or maybe you will pray for rain to stop it. lol

Corbin has an edge everywhere besides the head coach. The kicker is the main player you need to worry about.
Don't need to worry about the kicker in a game that is not on the schedule yet. If Corbin trades field goals for touchdowns against LCC, they will not be playing Johnson Central. Corbin should be worrying about LCC's kickoff and punt returns.
(11-09-2022, 12:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:08 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Corbin gave up 384 yards rushing against Johnson Central in 2020. They made some adjustments and gave up 454 yards against JC in 2021. In the two games against Corbin, Johnson Central passed the ball twice for 11 yards. Between you and me , Johnson Central does not plan on passing much against Corbin this season. Please don't tell Corbin's coaching staff.

Don't need to worry about the kicker in a game that is not on the schedule yet. If Corbin trades field goals for touchdowns against LCC, they will not be playing Johnson Central. Corbin should be worrying about LCC's kickoff and punt returns.

You need to worry about touchbacks and quarterbacks. Corbin is going Krogering.
(11-09-2022, 12:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 12:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote: In 2020 Corbin didn't make adjustments to slow the Johnson Central running game down. Then the following week Franklin County made the adjustments to end Johnson Central's season. In 2021 Boyle County made adjustments to hold your team to 13 points and end their season again, so your team hasn't won anything in a while either so come back down to earth. Corbin has a completely different team this year, and if they can't slow your one dimensional team down then they need to clean house and start over.

You need to worry about touchbacks and quarterbacks. Corbin is going Krogering.
That's the spirit!  Big Grin
(11-09-2022, 12:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
Big Grin Big Grin
(11-09-2022, 12:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
And I'm glad that Dougie adopted Corbin as his favorite team with a chance to win a couple of playoff games. He is a walking, talking personal invitation to bad Karma for Corbin.  Smile His fingers are typing checks that Corbin's coaches and players will have to cash.

#GoCougars!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next