Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lexington Catholic 28 Boyle County 27
Going on record right now 10/8/2022. Boyle will put Lexington Catholic on a running clock in the playoffs.
His second loss in 2 and a half seasons. I think he'll be ok LOL. Back to work Rebels.
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Rebel55
(10-08-2022, 01:46 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 01:42 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: Boyle has crazy talent and amazing fanbase, and a great school system. Need to get a coach.

I thought everyone like Haddix?
Everyone that I know still does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
Great teams over come injuries. Dont make excuses Boyle county. Got your butt beat by real good Lexington Catholic team
New coach????? WOW!!!!! Some people are impossible to satisfy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • TrojanMan69
Coach Haddix has lost a grand total of two games in two and a half seasons, along with two state titles and people are saying the Rebels need a new coach?!? Some people are literally impossible to satisfy.
(10-08-2022, 01:09 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 12:19 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: This "upset" puts Corbin in the driver's seat as far as RPI is concerned. They will win out...and, probably sets up a 3rd round matchup between Johnson Central and either Lex Cath or Boyle Co. This makes the Boyle Co. / Fredrick Douglas game HUGE for RPI. Things just got really interesting.
I'm not so sure on that.  If Lexington Catholic wins out also I think the points they get over Boyle may put them above Corbin.  Last year they had 2 losses and finished ahead of a undefeated Corbin in the RPI. 

IMO 3rd. round is looking like JC at Lex Cath.  and Boyle at Corbin.
You’d be right thinking that way, and not to get off topic but Corbin’s schedule was considerably weaker last year. Actually, let me rephrase that, Corbin schedule was a JOKE last year. I can’t wait until the RPI comes out this week. We already know the AP is a joke, they’ll probably have LC ranked above st x after this one haha.

And yes!! Fire haddix!!!! Or……. Orrr… put and offer on the table to trade.
(10-08-2022, 01:49 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Going on record right now 10/8/2022. Boyle will put Lexington Catholic on a running clock in the playoffs.

bull butter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hatz
Haddix lost this game tonight. On the 4th down play, went for it and should have punted, and pinned Catholic deep.

One of those situations where if you make it on 4th down you get the praise, you dont, you get the criticism.

Made the wrong coaching decision, it happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-08-2022, 12:19 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: This "upset" puts Corbin in the driver's seat as far as RPI is concerned. They will win out...and, probably sets up a 3rd round matchup between Johnson Central and either Lex Cath or Boyle Co. This makes the Boyle Co. / Fredrick Douglas game HUGE for RPI. Things just got really interesting.
I'm not so sure on that.  If Lexington Catholic wins out also I think the points they get over Boyle may put them above Corbin.  Last year they had 2 losses and finished ahead of a undefeated Corbin in the RPI. 

You are correct. I forgot that the playoff format changed to cross-district matchups this year in the first two rounds. This will be interesting.
Big mistake by not punting. Boyle gave Catholic a short field and their defense just couldn't stop Catholic. Great coaching by the Catholic coach for making the halftime adjustments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick2517's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Lex Cath deserves all the credit for the win. They simply would not give up when down by 20. The stats reflect how great the game was and how close the two teams played. Congrats to the Knights and good luck to my Rebels. Back to work again.

I'm curious about the RPI. What would a victory by Boyle over Frederick Douglas do for Boyle's RPI? could it push them to a #2 ranking at the end of the season?

I'm not sure either but my guess is that if Boyle and Lexington Catholic win out, the Rebels may overtake Lexington Catholic after beating Frederick Douglass and if both Boyle and Lexington Catholic lose another game, then Corbin would finish on top. Either way, it seems likely that Johnson Central will be playing whichever team finishes at #1 in the RPI.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55
Didn't get to see this one in person like I wanted to but caught it on Prepspin (thanks to the king of stream)!

Is it just me or does Boyle just not seem very physical or aggressive in all aspects of the game? I was shocked that it seemed like Catholic was taking the fight to Boyle and not the other way around.
Not surprised by this outcome. Lexington Catholic has been playing good ball this season. They'll get a chance at each other again and luckily, unless something crazy happens, it shouldn't be in the 2nd round this season.
(10-08-2022, 05:13 AM)Westside Wrote: New coach?????  WOW!!!!!  Some people are impossible to satisfy.
Someone just stirring the pot that is not from Boyle.

(10-08-2022, 08:24 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: Coach Haddix has lost a grand total of two games in two and a half seasons, along with two state titles and people are saying the Rebels need a new coach?!? Some people are literally impossible to satisfy.
Again someone not from Boyle posted that.

(10-08-2022, 02:36 PM)Shogun Wrote: Not surprised by this outcome. Lexington Catholic has been playing good ball this season. They'll get a chance at each other again and luckily, unless something crazy happens, it shouldn't be in the 2nd round this season.
Looks to be in the 3rd. round this year.
(10-08-2022, 11:52 AM)Hatz Wrote: Lex Cath deserves all the credit for the win.  They simply would not give up when down by 20.  The stats reflect how great the game was and how close the two teams played.  Congrats to the Knights and good luck to my Rebels.  Back to work again. 

I'm curious about the RPI.  What would a victory by Boyle over Frederick Douglas do for Boyle's RPI?  could it push them to a #2 ranking at the end of the season?
Wondering the same thing Hatz. If boyle beat LC, I don’t think LC could have gotten 2nd if Corbin wins out. Now, since that didn’t happen, I think it could be a possibility that BC could take 2nd if they lose to FD. Last year there would have been no doubt. But I think corbins RPI continues to climb with PC and Pikeville and probably SK continuing to win, 2 of them over some good teams. It will be close.
(10-08-2022, 05:34 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 05:13 AM)Westside Wrote: New coach?????  WOW!!!!!  Some people are impossible to satisfy.

(10-08-2022, 08:24 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: Coach Haddix has lost a grand total of two games in two and a half seasons, along with two state titles and people are saying the Rebels need a new coach?!? Some people are literally impossible to satisfy.

(10-08-2022, 02:36 PM)Shogun Wrote: Not surprised by this outcome. Lexington Catholic has been playing good ball this season. They'll get a chance at each other again and luckily, unless something crazy happens, it shouldn't be in the 2nd round this season.

Don't think so. LexCath should be the 1 seed in the West, Boyle Co. the 2 seed in the West, so they wouldn't play each other in the quarterfinals. If things stay the way they are now Corbin will be the 1 seed overall which would put LexCath as the 2 seed, and Boyle Co. the 3 seed, pitting them against each other in the semifinals.
(10-08-2022, 06:30 PM)Shogun Wrote:

Don't think so. LexCath should be the 1 seed in the West, Boyle Co. the 2 seed in the West, so they wouldn't play each other in the quarterfinals. If things stay the way they are now Corbin will be the 1 seed overall which would put LexCath as the 2 seed, and Boyle Co. the 3 seed, pitting them against each other in the semifinals.

Lexington Catholic and Boyle are in the East, not the West.
(10-08-2022, 06:30 PM)Shogun Wrote:

Couple of things. Boyle and LC are in the East. Not so sure Corbin would be the #1 overall seed. Hope so, but I’m not to sure it will workn out that way. 3rd round is by RPI geographically, 4th round location doesn’t matter. I’ll see if I can’t find a bracket from the KHSAA to make it easier
I didn’t think about it until I looked at a bracket, but technically boyle and Lex cath could be the title game correct? At first (I’m more of a visual guy) I thought they both couldn’t make it the region for some reason, which isn’t true. But if they go in ranked 1 and 2. That would have them playing on different sides of the regional bracket, (ex. BC vs JC and LC vs Corbin). If they both win the semis aren’t done geographically, so
That would have them on opposite sides, if both win, title match? Someone correct me if I’m an idiot, we’ll let me rephrase that, correct me if this situation is wrong
They can meet in the championship if they aren’t the 2 or 3 seeds. Because that would put them playing each other again as it stands in the 3rd round. Lots of football left. Lots of possibilities still lingering….
They would have to be 1 and 2. Because if they are 1 and 4 they’d meet in one of the regions. So only possibility is 1 and 2 I think
(10-08-2022, 06:30 PM):)Shogun Wrote:

Smile In the 3rd. Round 4 plays at 1 and 3 plays at 2 on the East and West.   Both Lex Cath and Boyle are in the East as is Corbin and Johnson Central.  So if they finish like you just said above Boyle plays at Lex Cath.  3rd. Round not semifinals.
(10-08-2022, 08:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: They would have to be 1 and 2. Because if they are 1 and 4 they’d meet in one of the regions.  So only possibility is 1 and 2 I think

Only way Boyle and Lexington Catholic could meet in the state championship is to avoid each other. So one of those teams would have to take Corbins spot at the top. That would then separate Boyle and Lexington Catholic if they were to win out. But if Corbin stays in the #1 spot, you will have a Boyle/Lexington Catholic matchup. the only question would be is who will play where due to RPI. Right now Boyle will have to go back to Lexington Catholic in the 3rd round if no changes…
Correct they would have to avoid each other. So the only way they can do that is to be #1 and #2. If they are 2 and 3, you are correct, they would meet in the region. But also #1 and #4. So that’s what I mean, they would have to be 1 and 2 to completely avoid each other until the title. Given the top seed wins each match. Technically if LC takes 1 Corbin 2 and boyle 3 and 3 upsets 2 it could still happen. But you’re correct a lot of football left.
Regardless of what happens, if Corbin wins out they should have #1 RPI.
So funny watching all the Corbin fans trying to figure out in which round they will lose this year….. hopefully haddix will come home and smack the puppy’s ….
(10-08-2022, 09:51 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: So funny watching all the Corbin fans trying to figure out in which round they will lose this year….. hopefully haddix will come home and smack the puppy’s ….

Woah
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8, Glory_Days
What if none of the 3 teams mentioned in this thread make it to the state championship game?   :woah:

I will see myself out now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Deuce8