Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 28 Boyle County 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final a big win for Catholic.
Congrats Catholic, great comeback win.
What a come back!!!

Congratulations Catholic.
Wow

Congrats to Lex Cath!

Awesome game to watch!!
Knights come back from 20-7 to win in 4th Quarter.

Rebels score with :08 on bomb but Rebel receiver was not set.  

Congrats Knights  They earned it.
Heck of a game. Now I wish I would have left
Our game earlier to catch the first half. But the 2nd was amazing. Tough breaks, amazing plays, everything you could imagine for both sides.

It’s easy to look back and say what if, but even at the time I would have pointed that ball
Congrats Catholic on the win, Boyle was way too conservative on their last 2 drives trying to run the clock and it cost’em.
Makes the post season more interesting.
But I don’t know if I’d want to be Lex cath right now. Yea sure they won, but if I’m thinking right, even with cross district they’d have to face boyle again. And it’s hard to beat a decent team twice, much less boyle. A pissed off boyle!
(10-07-2022, 10:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]But I don’t know if I’d want to be Lex cath right now. Yea sure they won, but if I’m thinking right, even with cross district they’d have to face boyle again. And it’s hard to beat a decent team twice, much less boyle. A pissed off boyle!

Maybe.  But in the HISTORY of this rivalry, the team that has won the Regular Season

has ALWAYS WON the rematch if they played again in the playoffs.

ALWAYS.
Congratulations Lexington Catholic!
Boyle had the starting running back out with an injury in the 3rd quarter. Injuries has plaques Boyle. I knew that Lexington Catholic looked better after the first quarter. QB threaded the needle for LC. What a game.
Boyle wins the rematch; write it down, tonight! ROTC HAS SPOKEN!
(10-07-2022, 10:58 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 10:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]But I don’t know if I’d want to be Lex cath right now. Yea sure they won, but if I’m thinking right, even with cross district they’d have to face boyle again. And it’s hard to beat a decent team twice, much less boyle. A pissed off boyle!

Maybe.  But in the HISTORY of this rivalry, the team that has won the Regular Season

ALWAYS.
Wow! That’s an interesting fact. Kinda crazy actually. But thinking about it, I can kind of see it. I’d say through the rivalry how close have the teams actually been, compared to one being dominant and the over being down.. and before (not you) someone comes in and takes it the wrong way. I’m not saying one team or the other is more talented or better coached. But regardless, if I were to bet on that streak being broken, this would be the year. 

also wonder how this will affect RPI?

Interesting, I would think Boyle would be on their heels, Catholic won the game and outscored BC 28-7 over the final 3 Qtrs.
(10-07-2022, 11:09 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting, I would think Boyle would be on their heels, Catholic won the game and outscored BC 28-7 over the final 3 Qtrs.
Fair point. I can’t say how the first half went or how they differed. But the 2nd half, there were some head scratchers
(10-07-2022, 11:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle had the starting running back out with an injury in the 3rd quarter. Injuries has plaques Boyle. I knew that Lexington Catholic looked better after the first quarter. QB threaded the needle for LC. What a game.
Hey Mr Bull sir your PM box is full again, wanted to do my gloating in private…
Great comeback from Catholic. Boyle rushed 3 all night and got no pressure. Hard to stop Catholic giving them time. Boyles dline was dominated. Catholics players won the game but give credit to the Catholic coaches on halftime adjustments. They won the coaching battle also!
Catholic just has that never quit attitude. Their QB is one tough young man player of the game. Congratulations Catholic. You earned it no doubt.

(10-08-2022, 12:07 AM)Football Man 23 Wrote: [ -> ]Great comeback from Catholic. Boyle rushed 3 all night and got no pressure. Hard to stop Catholic giving them time. Boyles dline was dominated. Catholics players won the game but give credit to the Catholic coaches on halftime adjustments. They won the coaching battle also!

Totally agree
This "upset" puts Corbin in the driver's seat as far as RPI is concerned. They will win out...and, probably sets up a 3rd round matchup between Johnson Central and either Lex Cath or Boyle Co. This makes the Boyle Co. / Fredrick Douglas game HUGE for RPI. Things just got really interesting.

ALWAYS.

In years past it was clear who had the better team but I don’t think that’s the case this year.
(10-08-2022, 12:00 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2022, 11:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle had the starting running back out with an injury in the 3rd quarter. Injuries has plaques Boyle. I knew that Lexington Catholic looked better after the first quarter. QB threaded the needle for LC. What a game.
Hey Mr Bull sir your PM box is full again, wanted to do my gloating in private…
Box is clear!
(10-08-2022, 12:24 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

ALWAYS.

In years past it was clear who had the better team but I don’t think that’s the case this year.
I don't know, scoreboard read 28 - 27 Lex Cath at the end of the game. Seems to me the better team was LC.
(10-08-2022, 12:19 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: [ -> ]This "upset" puts Corbin in the driver's seat as far as RPI is concerned. They will win out...and, probably sets up a 3rd round matchup between Johnson Central and either Lex Cath or Boyle Co. This makes the Boyle Co. / Fredrick Douglas game HUGE for RPI. Things just got really interesting.
I'm not so sure on that.  If Lexington Catholic wins out also I think the points they get over Boyle may put them above Corbin.  Last year they had 2 losses and finished ahead of a undefeated Corbin in the RPI. 

IMO 3rd. round is looking like JC at Lex Cath.  and Boyle at Corbin.
I'm shocked.
(10-08-2022, 01:15 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I'm shocked.
You're not the only one.
Congratulations Catholic
The video of the game is still available for those who missed the game or those that want to re-live it. Move ahead to 12:10 for the kickoff.

https://go.prepspin.com/boyle-county-at-...-at-730pm/
Boyle has crazy talent and amazing fanbase, and a great school system. Need to get a coach.
(10-08-2022, 01:42 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle has crazy talent and amazing fanbase, and a great school system. Need to get a coach.

I thought everyone like Haddix?
Pages: 1 2 3