Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 28 Boyle County 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-08-2022, 09:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 08:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]They would have to be 1 and 2. Because if they are 1 and 4 they’d meet in one of the regions.  So only possibility is 1 and 2 I think

Only way Boyle and Lexington Catholic could meet in the state championship is to avoid each other. So one of those teams would have to take Corbins spot at the top. That would then separate Boyle and Lexington Catholic if they were to win out. But if Corbin stays in the #1 spot, you will have a Boyle/Lexington Catholic matchup. the only question would be is who will play where due to RPI. Right now Boyle will have to go back to Lexington Catholic in the 3rd round if no changes…
I dont think it will happened but another way would be for one team to drop to a 4 and that would separate them till finals.

Personally for me I want a rematch with Catholic.
(10-08-2022, 09:51 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]So funny watching all the Corbin fans trying to figure out in which round they will lose this year….. hopefully haddix will come home and smack the puppy’s ….
So funny watching non Corbin fans talk about Corbin when no one was mentioning it before. One favor, just don’t start charging rent.
(10-08-2022, 10:12 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 08:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]They would have to be 1 and 2. Because if they are 1 and 4 they’d meet in one of the regions.  So only possibility is 1 and 2 I think

Only way Boyle and Lexington Catholic could meet in the state championship is to avoid each other. So one of those teams would have to take Corbins spot at the top. That would then separate Boyle and Lexington Catholic if they were to win out. But if Corbin stays in the #1 spot, you will have a Boyle/Lexington Catholic matchup. the only question would be is who will play where due to RPI. Right now Boyle will have to go back to Lexington Catholic in the 3rd round if no changes…
I dont think it will happened but another way would be for one team to drop to a 4 and that would separate them till finals.

That’s what I was talking about. But I’m like you, I don’t see any team moving up enough to push either of these 3
to #4. But I have no clue about what the west has
(10-08-2022, 10:46 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 09:51 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]So funny watching all the Corbin fans trying to figure out in which round they will lose this year….. hopefully haddix will come home and smack the puppy’s ….
So funny watching non Corbin fans talk about Corbin when no one was mentioning it before. One favor, just don’t start charging 
Man I hope haddix gets a chance to come home and show the puppy’s how to win a 3-4 round playoff game …… I will be there eating up all the pop corn … y’all better have plenty ready ……
For some reason I thought they were district 4. My bad!
Just watched the replay of the game and I thought LC was just better football team in the second half. They made all the right plays and took what Boyle gave them.

Wasik is a heckuva quarterback. He's small, but his pocket presence is good and he see's the field very well also. Made some big time throws. I was also impressed with LC's offensive line and defensive line as well as their linebackers. Catholic has a solid football team.

Quisenberry for Boyle is going to be a star. That kid is very dynamic.

4A playoffs are going to be exciting.
Wow, What a game. Congrats to LexCath
This will only make the Rebels better IMO.

They came out, smacked catholic in mouth- ran the ball straight down their throat. Forced a quick punt and smacked them in the mouth again- BOOM 14-0 in no time.

Score again and go up 20-0.

At this point you can see Catholic start to make adjustments and Boyle did not counter act those adjustments. I think the entire team (coaches included) will learn from this one and be a much tougher out in the playoffs.

Side note: Catholics QB is a gamer. Kid is maybe 130 soaking wet (with his pads on). He took an absolute beating all night long but hung in there and made some clutch throws in some huge situations down the stretch.

Also, I feel like BC's play calling was sub par in the 4th quarter and looked to me like they were just trying to run the clock out rather than play to win.

One more thing:

I completely forgot how bad that "stadium" is!

Its dark. Seating sucks. And hardly no one goes to games- for a team who has had some decent success they get no fan support.
(10-08-2022, 01:42 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle has crazy talent and amazing fanbase, and a great school system. Need to get a coach.

You need to get a life pot stirrer.
Coach: Chuck Smith
Region: 3
District: 1
Other Seasons for Boyle County Football:

1998 KY Football

Return to latest scores for 1998 KY Football
DATE OPPONENT SITE SCORE
Aug 29, 98 Beechwood at Beechwood Bowl Game (L) 14 - 42 
Sep 4, 98 Harrodsburg away (L) 29 - 30 
Sep 11, 98 Anderson County home (W) 47 - 7 
Sep 18, 98 Whitesburg away (W) 52 - 0 
Sep 25, 98 Garrard County away (W) 27 - 13 District Game 
Oct 1, 98 Western Hills home (W) 40 - 7 District Game 
Oct 9, 98 Bourbon County away (W) 40 - 32 District Game 
Oct 16, 98 Lexington Catholic home (L) 17 - 44 District Game 
Oct 23, 98 Mercer County away (W) 34 - 0 District Game 
Oct 30, 98 Danville home (L) 7 - 60 District Game 
Nov 6, 98 Rockcastle County away (W) 24 - 14 Class AA Football Playoff 
Nov 13, 98 Lexington Catholic at Georgetown College (L) 13 - 28 Class AA Football Playoff

Chuck Smith has lost to Lexington Catholic as well......And twice in the same year.....I'll take Haddix any day of the week and twice on Friday's and I sure wouldn't bet against him as a coach....

I think Boyle wins by a good margin if they have a rematch.
(10-12-2022, 01:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

I went to this game. Now some things that stood out to me was the fact that Bodner came out in a crucial part of the game for Boyle County.. Haddix did dial up a winning play and Boyle Scored but had a penalty so a called back touchdown due to a penalty is all thats seperating Boyle from still being undefeated and the top of the RPI.... So no doubt I look for a slobber knocker in the next game and a packed house.... But with that game happening it sure makes for the 4A playoffs to be maybe the best in all classes this year other than 6A because for the first time in many years, 6A seems to be  as close for as many teams... I also look for Boyle to win the next matchup..I wouldn't be surprised to see Catholic to go to all passing, they defeinately have the tools...
(10-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I went to this game. Now some things that stood out to me was the fact that Bodner came out in a crucial part of the game for Boyle County.. Haddix did dial up a winning play and Boyle Scored but had a penalty so a called back touchdown due to a penalty is all thats seperating Boyle from still being undefeated and the top of the RPI.... So no doubt I look for a slobber knocker in the next game and a packed house.... But with that game happening it sure makes for the 4A playoffs to be maybe the best in all classes this year other than 6A because for the first time in many years, 6A seems to be  as close for as many teams... I also look for Boyle to win the next matchup..I wouldn't be surprised to see Catholic to go to all passing, they defeinately have the tools...
I don't see any reason to think that Boyle County would easily win a rematch with Lexington Catholic. Sure, Boyle County will make adjustments for a second game, but so will Lexington Catholic. The two teams seem to be evenly matched. Lexington Catholic seems to rely more on its defense this season than in past seasons. They fell behind against BC and made some adjustments on defense that gave their offense time to mount a come from behind win. Coach Haddix is a good coach but he is not the only good coach in 4A.
Boyle will humble Lexington Catholic in a rematch. Enjoy the win now though. That was a great 2nd half and the Knights were very deserving. Oddly enough, if Boyle doesn't have a penalty on that last sequence, they win the game and all is right in the 4A world. It's amazing how one little mistake can change the narrative.
Fun game to watch.

Was there also, and a WR not being set(it was the right call) for Boyle is the MAIN reason Lex. Cath won, I think some folks do not know that Boyle scored on a bomb with seconds to play to take the lead, but the kid wasn't set, who had know barring on the play, plus there was some weird play calling by Boyle's Offensive Coaches when they got that 20 point lead, but you have to give credit to Lex Cath for battling back the way they did. Great game to watch.
(10-13-2022, 01:55 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2022, 09:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Only way Boyle and Lexington Catholic could meet in the state championship is to avoid each other. So one of those teams would have to take Corbins spot at the top. That would then separate Boyle and Lexington Catholic if they were to win out. But if Corbin stays in the #1 spot, you will have a Boyle/Lexington Catholic matchup. the only question would be is who will play where due to RPI. Right now Boyle will have to go back to Lexington Catholic in the 3rd round if no changes…

Was there also, and a WR not being set(it was the right call) for Boyle is the MAIN reason Lex. Cath won, I think some folks do not know that Boyle scored on a bomb with seconds to play to take the lead, but the kid wasn't set, who had know barring on the play, plus there was some weird play calling by Boyle's Offensive Coaches when they got that 20 point lead, but you have to give credit to Lex Cath for battling back the way they did. Great game to watch.

I didn't understand Boyle not targeting 18 Tarter toward the end of the game. He had an awesome TD catch in the first half and a couple of other catches. He is 6" taller than any Lex Cath DB and never seen a ball come his way in the fourth quarter. I didn't understand that.
Yes, Boyle had a score late in the game with a flag that was called back.....No doubt a game changer and a very good play call at the end of the game...
I believe Boyle wins by at least two to three scores in a rematch. Probably three.
Pages: 1 2 3