Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
40.00%
Highlands
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Highlands 9/09
Raceland will travel to Highlands this Friday.

Raceland (3-0)
Aug 20, 22 Ashland Blazer at Wheelersburg, OH (W) 34 - 7 
Aug 27, 22 Russell home (W) 53 - 14 
Sep 2, 22 Rowan County home (W) 40 - 3

Highlands (1-2)
Aug 20, 22 South Warren at Western Kentucky University (L) 14 - 49  Rafferty's Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Simon Kenton home (L) 40 - 42 
Sep 2, 22 Campbell County away (W) 44 - 13

No history between these two teams.

Thoughts?
I think Raceland bounces back and wins in a nail biter.

Raceland 36
Highlands 30

In all honesty though, if we dont make thr adjustments from the Rowan game, the clock could end up running in the wrong direction. This team has been different from those in the past and i think they meet this challenge.
Never thought I would type these words, but Raceland is favored over Highlands by 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Deuce8
This is a different animal than Raceland has seen all year. Sure it isn’t the Highlands of old but they are still a step up in weight class. I think this version of Highlands would be comparable to Wheelersburg or Ironton and this will be a tough game. Offensively the Rams need to look the way the did in the fist 2 games. Last week we tried to force the deep ball too much and didn’t let the plays open up on their own. Defensively we are strong but this will be our greatest challenge so far. I watched Highlands play SK and they have some playmakers that can score on any given play and Noon may be the best player we will see all season.

As much as I’m rooting for my Rams I’m going to pick Highlands simply because of their tradition, the long road trip, and the intimidating environment at Highlands.

Birds 28
Rams 14
Raceland comes in undefeated. Highlands got their first win over Campbell County. Who wins???

Sorry. Just noticed a post already has been posted on this game. Disregard ?
(09-04-2022, 09:33 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Never thought I would type these words, but Raceland is favored over Highlands by 3.
Damn…just damn! Imagine being a long time Highlands fan and reading this post. I couldn’t imagine seeing how far the mighty Bluebirds have fallen. If we win this game I’m gonna have mixed emotions
(09-04-2022, 09:57 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 09:33 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Never thought I would type these words, but Raceland is favored over Highlands by 3.
Damn…just damn! Imagine being a long time Highlands fan and reading this post. I couldn’t imagine seeing how far the mighty Bluebirds have fallen. If we win this game I’m gonna have mixed emotions
I was talking to Scotty about this game and I told him I think this is a must win game for Highlands and a loss could make the hot seat for their coach catch on fire.  I look for them to come in to this game very focused because this would be considered to be an embarrassing loss for them.  As far as our team goes, we just need to focus and prepare and not get too caught up on who we are playing.  This goes for the players and coaches alike.  Raceland doesn’t have the best track record traveling on the AA against NKY teams and as a former player that has been in some NKY playoff beat downs this brings back some hard memories lol.

Woah
I am enjoying making this post. Raceland should win this game and if the game was on a neutral field, then I would pick Raceland by 7. Hopefully, Raceland's players will not be intimidated by Highlands' tradition. I am picking Raceland by 1. Highlands is not a bad 5A team but they are a 5A team with a good coaching staff and a long roster.
Raceland by 14
This will be a real test for Raceland. I think the road trip is the least of the "issues". Over the last few years we have traveled to Washington Co, Danville, Belfry, etc. And played well. I think we have over come that aspect of big games. The environment against Russell and Ashland help too. The biggest issue is who we are playing and the history that surrounds the program. Lot of banners hanging in Fort Thomas. We come out like we did against Ashland and Russell and we will be fine. We come out like we did last week and its a long ass bus ride back home.
Rams by eleventy billion!
If Raceland wins this game, expect a new coach coaching change in highlands next season.

Let’s go Raceland
#1 team in 1A pulls it out on the road
(09-04-2022, 01:14 PM)Gargamels Wrote: #1 team in 1A pulls it out on the road
Omg you done went a picked a fight with every Pikeville fan on here hahah
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • 64SUR, Advicegiver74

Woah
(09-04-2022, 01:16 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Omg you done went a picked a fight with every Pikeville fan on here hahah
Leave it to RAMDAD50 to know how every Pikeville fan thinks. I believe Raceland ( and all the predictions has them #1 in 1A) is the #1 but undoubtedly he can’t read. Plus I have read all the Raceland’s posters posts how much talent they have and best athletes they have best defense they have and all the speed.I do believe Raceland can win this game but don’t get caught up in all the hype and junk just play your game. It don’t make me mad who is #1 but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
Won’t be as close as some think…

HHS - 42
RHS - 13
RAMS will have to move the ball on the ground to win Friday. Can't let Highlands make them one-dimensional. Have to keep them honest.
Depth will be a factor as well.
Player on Highlands that wears #1–Charlie Noon will kill you if not contained. He does it all
Raceland finally plays someone with a pulse. I'm not yet buying that they are 9 TDs better than the last time I saw them (running clock in the 3rd quarter in playoffs). I'll take Highlands by 16.
(09-04-2022, 06:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland finally plays someone with a pulse. I'm not yet buying that they are 9 TDs better than the last time I saw them (running clock in the 3rd quarter in playoffs). I'll take Highlands by 16.
Jett has spoken! I feel sorry for Highlands.If Raceland would get lucky and win or even make this game close Highlands goes straight to the list of teams that can’t play football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-04-2022, 06:40 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 06:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Raceland finally plays someone with a pulse. I'm not yet buying that they are 9 TDs better than the last time I saw them (running clock in the 3rd quarter in playoffs). I'll take Highlands by 16.
Jett has spoken! I feel sorry for Highlands.If Raceland would get lucky and win or even make this game close Highlands goes straight to the list of teams that can’t play football.

You couldn't combine Ashland Russell and Rowan and have a good team this year.
(09-04-2022, 06:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

You couldn't combine Ashland Russell and Rowan and have a good team this year.

Surely you were being facetious, as you could most definitely combine just Ashland and Russell and win class A.  Russell has some strong players along with an elite kicker.  Their core players have to play both ways the whole night, though.  Ashland has some very good young talent.  Combine those 2 teams and you have a team that wins class A.
Smile Thats Hilarious...
The pukeville putty tats are feeling the pressure. Their fans are all in the fetal position sucking their thumbs.
we will definitely have to schedule each other in regular season now though since nobody will play either team.
I'll take Raceland by 14
I have a strong dislike for NKY schools and for Louisville schools. For that reason alone Go Rams!!
Gonna pick Highlands in this one. Rumpland falls by eleventy trillion!?In all honestly, Highlands 21
              Rams.      14
Highlands is gonna take The Rams by the horns, and you know the rest...