Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
64.71%
Breathitt County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Hazard @ Breathitt County 9/02
Both teams enter this contest 2-0. Thoughts?
Long long night for Breathitt.

Hazard 38
Breathitt 14
Hazard by 5 TDS.
bobcats win a close one
Hazard by 8
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Bump
I don’t see no problem for hazard in this one on the road.

Hazard 35
Breathitt County 13
Hazard to many weapons for Breathitt County Hazard by 21
I hope I'm wrong but Hazard has way too much talent and Breathitt is still young.

Hazard 31-16
I’m going to have to check some tape on Breathitt. I also know they are young and possibly a year away. So gonna check some tape and will get back on this one..
After watching some tape Breathitt County is going to score some points on Hazard because they are going to sling it around and mix a few runs and quarterback draws behind there big line ( not as big as Harlan County). Hazards secondary will be challenged. Hazards offense will also give Breathitt fits as the defense showed me on film that the running game of Powell give them some problems. Powell County moved the ball (despite a passing game) but just couldn’t punch it in because turnovers and getting behind the chains and penalties.

I think this game could be somewhat high scoring , but I’m gonna say Hazard wins 38 to 22.
Go
After watching the Powell County game, the bobcats have a long way to go. Overall, they are a young team and they are breaking in a new QB. Overall, the defense looks better, but they will have to defend the run better to have a chance at beating the bulldogs. Hazard is a different animal. They are athletic and physical. I feel like this will be a close game, but Breathitt will have to make this a lower scoring game to have a chance. I feel like Breathitt has some athletes on offense, and will be able to score points, but they don't want to get in a shoot out with Hazard. Hazard has a very good QB, and the their skill kids are playmakers. At the end of the day, my heart is telling me Breathitt, but my head is telling me Hazard. I hope I am proven wrong, but I'm going with Hazard, 35-28. Good luck Bobcats!
I'm going with Breathitt. Even though Hazatd has alot of talent. Breathitt has alot of talent that in my opinion watching tape on them hasn't been used yet. They have Sperry back now which will help alot on offense and defense. But they are going have to bring out their big gun finally to beat good teams like Hazard. That big gun to me is TE 87 Hoskins. If they don't use him his power and athletic ability on offense and defense more not going happen. I've been confused on why he hasn't been used more. Maybe because they haven't had alot of competition so far. Bowling is good but if he lays down they're in trouble. He doesn't have the power Hoskins has. But yet that's who coach Moore goes to. Everyone knows that. Then always have Turner and Richie. That can do alot if they are ready to go. Then Tincher and Hall which they can hopefully will turn it up and play how they can shut the dawgs down. It will be a hard fought game for both teams as long as Breathitt brings their power. That's just me. Score idk but pulling for the Bobcats. Just never been a Hazard fan. Lol
This is the week we find out if Breathitt d has improved or not.
I agree Hoskins is under utilized and has been his whole career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Balllover
Penalties could play a key role in this one if Hazard doesn't clean up their play.
(08-30-2022, 11:30 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I agree Hoskins is under utilized and has been his whole career.
Agree with you completely! His whole career it's as he does the work. But is not used in anyway. This boy is a monster D and O. He can block and take out 3 players. They still don't stop him. Then I get completely confused on offense. Him having the athletic abilities he has and power. He's open everytime. Nothing happens I rewind and rewind. Just confused why you wouldn't use the best overall player on the team more. I beleive he's a senior this year. They could use Hoskins as work horse like Moore has done in the past with others that were the best on the team. If they don't against teams like Hazard they don't have a chance.
Before I start I’m in no means bashing a player or young man at all. Hoskins appears out of shape to me. He takes many plays off. He could be a man among boys but doesn’t show it on the field. He has poor route running abilities even for a TE in my opinion. He very rarely blocks anyone on any given play. If you don’t agree with me then go to bsn and watch the games. Watch him specifically and you will see what I’m talking about. If I was moore I’d have him on the line. Way to big to be running routes. To slow. I’d say when he’s fresh he would do good to run a 6 flat 40, now factor in out of shape during a game. The QB just don’t have that much time for him to run a route. I know this post will piss off a few people but I encourage you to go watch film and watch him every play. Overall bhs looks better on defense and Bryant has surprised me at QB. However no one knows how these things will play once someone hits them in the mouth and puts pressure on Bryant.

So I just went and watched the entire first quarter of the magoffin county game on bsn. It’s there for anyone to watch and I strongly encourage you to watch it. Hoskins did nothing on defense and he got pushed around the entire field. On offense he didn’t block anyone and his route running was lazy. Kid needs to be on the line and he needs to get a lot more aggressive to be a good defender.
Hazard-24
Breathitt county-12
I agree that his conditioning does leave a lot to be desired. I have noticed this since day 1. I think a lot of that could be remedied by focusing on one side of the ball. He does not have the motor to go both ways. With the roster Breathitt has I think keeping him at the TE position not flexed out but on the end of the line would work great. This would make him a threat across the middle especially in play action or RPOs. Get him the ball quick and let him take advantage of his size. He would also be in position to set the edge to open up any outside runs.
Agree with that wolfcat. He would be better equipped in a three point stance on the end of the line instead of flexed out. I don’t think he has the motor to go both ways either. However he’s not the game changer some on here say. Play action short pass plays with him is about it. Defensively I don’t think is his strong suit and he’s a senior so it is what it is

Everything these days are on tape and tape doesn’t lie. I challenge anyone to time stamp a play on bsn and I’ll go watch it and I will eat crow if proven wrong.
(08-31-2022, 11:44 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Agree with that wolfcat. He would be better equipped in a three point stance on the end of the line instead of flexed out. I don’t think he has the motor to go both ways either. However he’s not the game changer some on here say. Play action short pass plays with him is about it. Defensively I don’t think is his strong suit and he’s a senior so it is what it is

Everything these days are on tape and tape doesn’t lie. I challenge anyone to time stamp a play on bsn and I’ll go watch it and I will eat crow if proven wrong.
Sounds like you don’t like him. How he piss you off? Did he take your kids spot or something? Looks to me like he is doing what his coaches tell him to. But I don’t know.

Must be doing something right. College scouts are loving him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Monster's post:
  • Balllover
Going against the bobcats in this one. Coach Amis has the offense rolling at hazard with a lot of explosive play makers.Id say they put up 40 again on this soft defense of breathitt. 44-22
No nothing against the kid mount monster it’s just the previous post we’re false that he’s the golden boy of the team that’s under utilized. He’s a great kid and wish nothing but the best for him. Honestly I don’t think anyone else could play TE might as well row with him, but he’s not taking out three defenders a play with his power. Like I said watch tape and let me know what play to watch. Whether it’s a good route, block or tackle.
No one said he was the golden child or the savior. All that was mentioned is that he was underutilized and should be targeted more. And you want to throw out every flaw that anyone has. In short yardage situations he should be utilized more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Monster's post:
  • Balllover
Although I feel for Breathitt (and Hazard both) with the disasters, I have to pull for my family's origins, and where we came from so I'm pulling for Hazard all the way. Hope it's a good game though, and both teams come out better and injury free.
(08-31-2022, 03:00 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No nothing against the kid mount monster it’s just the previous post we’re false that he’s the golden boy of the team that’s under utilized. He’s a great kid and wish nothing but the best for him. Honestly I don’t think anyone else could play TE might as well row with him, but he’s not taking out three defenders a play with his power. Like I said watch tape and let me know what play to watch. Whether it’s a good route, block or tackle.
Going to reply to all in this one. Never said he was the golden boy. Just said he wasn't used enough and all his talent and strength. First game of the season he got hit hard in the leg. Don't know specifically. But that is why he was slow that game. But also no I did not say specifically when I've seen the kid do that even though the 1st game of the season he was busting through 3 blocking until his leg. Then the kid went back out and played the whole game. That is what I was told. But when he's not getting the ball very much and knows it in my opinion I wouldn't go very hard either. But he leaves everything on the feild and does alot thats not noticed. He does play like a man among boys. I don't know the young man. But I've heard on and off the feild and court he is exceptional and highly intelligent. But overall he is the best on the team with strength and athletic ability also for a football player. I guess you could ask the 18 scouts that are offering him scholarships where and when he blocks and does everything the kid does. He's been TE and DE for the past 4 years. I beleive if their coach wanted him somewhere else he would've been there by now. All was said that he wasn't used enough that he should be. I guess you haven't watched Breathitt the past few years and seen what everyone in Breathitt which I am not from is talking about. He's not slow actually either by the way. I've asked and he runs 4.9. The kids strength and footwork are unreal. It's just not seen. Which was the whole point. Noone said give the ball to him everytime. But he is a powerhouse and they are going need power to beat big teams. Yeah so have you pissed me off no. I just don't think you can know something you haven't seen because he hasn't been used to see it. Yes I found out he is a senior like I mentioned before has many offers. I guess those colleges and others on here have seen what you all that have said things about a kid refuse too. I agree must have taken one of your families spots or something. Or maybe you just don't like the kid. I really dont care. I just said my opinion which we are all entitled to. Oh yeah go back and watch Morgan I think last year or Leslie. Also the Dunbar game he is a beast. Like I said my opinion you have yours and I'm entitled to mine. Not from Breathitt but hope they win. Like I said not a Hazard fan. But I will be watching the game on the good Ole BSN. Maybe me saying I don't like Hazard is what pissed you all off. Because we all know how favored they are and have always been. Lol
Mama bears mad her boys not getting the ball. We will reassess this convo after Friday mama bear. I’ll keep my on 87 and bhs. Wish him a safe good game.
I don't understand why adults want to bash a kid individually! I mean Mountain Parkway broke down every weakness the kid has. Instead of trying to tear down a kid, why not mention some of the things he does well. I have watched him for the past four years and he is under utilized. He has a lot of talent and hopefully, Coach Moore isn't showing all of his hand yet.
You snowflakes need to toughen up. Instead of blowing the kids head up by telling him the coaches aren’t using him a certain and putting things in his mind that will make him whoa is me concept he needs to be told the truth and just maybe he reads some of my comments and turns into a junk yard dog on defense. Woke culture